It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Unidentified Virus Circulating - And We Currently Have It

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 29 2022 @ 10:43 PM
link   
Albany NY area has it bad. First was my daughter who doesn't live with me anymore, I think she got it from the friend she lives with. After 2 weeks of fever and on/off vomiting we spent 7 hours in urgent care (only 2 actually doing something aside from waiting for the massive line ahead of us) with random antibiotics and a banana bag run in and no diagnosis. She still wasn't any better for about 4 days after that. This was over 6 weeks ago. She texted me yesterday that the vomiting was coming back and a slight fever.

Then me about 2 weeks later. I'm on immunosuppressant meds but still generally don't get much of anything. Then I wake up one day unable to breathe, 103 temp, sinus pain, headache that even sumatriptan doesn't help (yea it's a migraine med but it also helps with my severe sinus headaches), throat on fire, no appetite at all, went from horrible insomnia to unable to stay awake for more than an hour after work (minus the 2 days I couldn't even get up to go). It started to clear up, everything was mostly normal. The day before Christmas Eve I woke up with all the same symptoms from 2 weeks before. Now everything has let up aside from MASSIVELY inflamed tonsils and pain in both ears but the Dr says there's no infection just inflammation.

Then the scariest. My 22 month old and 7 month old. Brought the 22 month old to urgent care with horrible congestion and a 102°+ temp. They told me to give him ibuprofen alternating with Tylenol every 4 hours for a few days. About a week of barely eating or drinking and he went back to almost normal. Then the exact same thing started again just before Christmas. He's now just mostly congested but it's still awful to listen to him and wipe his nose constantly and try to comfort him.

The 7 month old never lost his appetite but was far more congested with a lower fever. That went away mostly then... Back a couple days before Christmas.

My mother and father who live a few miles away but none of us had any contact with got it in the first week of December and their second rounds with it were just finishing up right around the time we were all getting the second round. I'm sure it's viral but weirdly the second round for them was notably shorter than everyone else I've heard from once they started taking augmentin that had been prescribed for something else earlier this fall (completely ignoring what I was trying to convey in saying don't take that for this).

TL;DR- In upstate NY at least, it comes in waves. "You're over it! Oh wait it's all starting over again." It also seems that the second round is most likely opportunistic bacterial infections piling up on the already weakened immune system. A lot of people at work are on their third round. Me personally? I've managed to keep it to a minimum with Airborne chewable tabs, echinacea goldenseal, and a couple of other supplements. 2 days out of work vs 2 weeks for a lot of coworkers.

ETA-: Totally forgot. If you have little ones and this thing is creeping into your area, stock up on children's acetaminophen and ibuprofen NOW. The day I brought the 22 month old in, it was already 8pm and I had to ask my father to go out and get children's ibuprofen. 6 stores into his journey he found a single bottle mixed in with something else. 2 weeks ago I had 4 people going everywhere in the county looking for acetaminophen. They found none. I work in a mostly farming county a bit away from there and after work found a rite aid where I paid $36 for the last 3 bottles of genexa (acetaminophen made with all natural blah blah).
Also, if you have a smaller little one, DON'T FALL FOR MARKETING. INFANT TYLENOL IS THE SAME DOSE (160mg/5ml) AS PLAIN CHILDREN'S TYLENOL. LITERALLY THE ONLY DIFFERENCE IS THE INFANT KIND HAS A DROPPER INSTEAD OF SYRINGE. It also costs about twice as much per ounce.
edit on 12/29/22 by Magnivea because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 29 2022 @ 10:43 PM
link   
a reply to: VulcanWerks

The wife and I have the insane runny nose, eye watering, slight cough and muscle pains with lethargy thing going. Since we go nowhere other than the local party store, I'm pretty sure I got it from the idiot hacking and snorting there a couple of weeks ago. Minor cold I believe.

posted on Dec, 29 2022 @ 11:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: Magnivea
Albany NY area has it bad. First was my daughter who doesn't live with me anymore, I think she got it from the friend she lives with. After 2 weeks of fever and on/off vomiting we spent 7 hours in urgent care (only 2 actually doing something aside from waiting for the massive line ahead of us) with random antibiotics and a banana bag run in and no diagnosis. She still wasn't any better for about 4 days after that. This was over 6 weeks ago. She texted me yesterday that the vomiting was coming back and a slight fever.

Then me about 2 weeks later. I'm on immunosuppressant meds but still generally don't get much of anything. Then I wake up one day unable to breathe, 103 temp, sinus pain, headache that even sumatriptan doesn't help (yea it's a migraine med but it also helps with my severe sinus headaches), throat on fire, no appetite at all, went from horrible insomnia to unable to stay awake for more than an hour after work (minus the 2 days I couldn't even get up to go). It started to clear up, everything was mostly normal. The day before Christmas Eve I woke up with all the same symptoms from 2 weeks before. Now everything has let up aside from MASSIVELY inflamed tonsils and pain in both ears but the Dr says there's no infection just inflammation.

Then the scariest. My 22 month old and 7 month old. Brought the 22 month old to urgent care with horrible congestion and a 102°+ temp. They told me to give him ibuprofen alternating with Tylenol every 4 hours for a few days. About a week of barely eating or drinking and he went back to almost normal. Then the exact same thing started again just before Christmas. He's now just mostly congested but it's still awful to listen to him and wipe his nose constantly and try to comfort him.

The 7 month old never lost his appetite but was far more congested with a lower fever. That went away mostly then... Back a couple days before Christmas.

My mother and father who live a few miles away but none of us had any contact with got it in the first week of December and their second rounds with it were just finishing up right around the time we were all getting the second round. I'm sure it's viral but weirdly the second round for them was notably shorter than everyone else I've heard from once they started taking augmentin that had been prescribed for something else earlier this fall (completely ignoring what I was trying to convey in saying don't take that for this).

Tl;dr - In upstate NY at least, it comes in waves. "You're over it! Oh wait it's all starting over again." It also seems that the second round is most likely opportunistic bacterial infections piling up on the already weakened immune system. A lot of people at work are on their third round. Me personally? I've managed to keep it to a minimum with Airborne chewable tabs, echinacea goldenseal, and a couple of other supplements. 2 days out of work vs 2 weeks for a lot of coworkers.

ETA: Totally forgot. If you have little ones and this thing is creeping into your area, stock up on children's acetaminophen and ibuprofen NOW. The day I brought the 22 month old in, it was already 8pm and I had to ask my father to go out and get children's ibuprofen. 6 stores into his journey he found a single bottle mixed in with something else. 2 weeks ago I had 4 people going everywhere in the county looking for acetaminophen. They found none. I work in a mostly farming county a bit away from there and after work found a rite aid where I paid $36 for the last 3 bottles of genexa (acetaminophen made with all natural blah blah).
Also, if you have a smaller little one, DON'T FALL FOR MARKETING. INFANT TYLENOL IS THE SAME DOSE (160mg/5ml) AS PLAIN CHILDREN'S TYLENOL. LITERALLY THE ONLY DIFFERENCE IS THE INFANT KIND HAS A DROPPER INSTEAD OF SYRINGE. It also costs about twice as much per ounce.

This largely mirrors our experience.

As of the time of this writing, I’m at 99.8’ - which is a fever for me as I run a little cold. My nose is staring to plug up, I’m coughing maybe a little more than before but the wall has been hit for me energy wise. Need to get horizontal.

I take a lot of supplements for inflammation already. Between that and my hydration being on point and stretching religiously now, we’ll see if those preventative measures make a difference.

posted on Dec, 29 2022 @ 11:52 PM
link   
There is a lot of some unknown virus infecting people around here too. It is a pesky crappy virus whatever it is. From people who went to the doctor, it is not the flu, not covid, and not RSV and it does not act like a common cold either.

It is spreading through the schools along with all the others I listed as it is not. Had a kid in the UP die of the flu virus lately, I could not find much about that in the small article I read on the local news on Facebook. The flu does kill people once in a while, but usually it kills old people the most.

posted on Dec, 30 2022 @ 12:26 AM
link   
If I recall correctly from December 2019 - January 2020, when we were first hearing of a "mysterious, unknown virus in China", which turned out to be COVID19, the first indications of it hitting the US occurred in the Pacific northwest and NY...

Just a month or two before all hell broke loose.

I count myself luck to have, so far, escaped the COVID surge (I am vaccinated and boosted up to date).

I hope, whatever this "new, unknown virus" turns out to be, passes by me as well.

posted on Dec, 30 2022 @ 12:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: CrazyWater
Pay attention to your breathing if youre getting a lot of chest congestion sleep elevated to avoid any pneumonia.

My better half and I occasionally test our breathing capacity by holding our breaths until no longer able to do so….

Here’s this….

…….”The average person can hold their breath for 30–90 seconds. This time can increase or decrease due to various factors, such as smoking, underlying medical conditions, or breath training. The length of time a person can hold their breath voluntarily typically ranges from 30 to 90 seconds.”….

Without coughing while inhaling, holding, exhaling……we are both good on our average 45 sec to 80 sec.

We figure, if we can’t hold our breaths due to coughing on the inhale, the hold greater than 30 sec, and the exhale…….then I think we have a problem. So far that’s not the case.

We are non-smokers ….. my better half has allergies, snores, no other history of lung related issues I’m aware of. Myself? I snore and use to puff (no inhaling) cigars back in the 80’s.

As long as we continue to do our hold breaths tests…..they will be our indicators should we need medical attention if we can’t hold our breaths greater than 30 sec.

👽
edit on 30-12-2022 by Ophiuchus1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 30 2022 @ 01:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: VulcanWerks

originally posted by: putnam6

originally posted by: VulcanWerks

originally posted by: putnam6

You could be correct, what country and the general area are you in

I am in the Pacific Northwest, USA.

I don’t know if we would lock down over this. We’ll see.

The other, other, other issue this raised for me is… why do I now know 2 people who had this (just got more info from a friend) and oddly both have some sort of sickness (though nowhere near as bad) a week later?

Weird stuff.

I mentioned in another thread my vaxxed and boosted daughter and fiancee both were in town from Ohio late 20s, and they were both sick as hell and they are complete health nuts. The 3 of us here were really worried we would get sick but we never did, whatever they had it wasn't Covid but even though we isolated them for a day it can't be to transmissible we were around them a lot. All of us are certainly in a risk group.

How long ago did they visit?

The incubation period appears to be 7-10 days.

Just 4 days, after we realized how sick they were, we did the washing of hands and Ive had a nice powerful UV light from when my Dad was sick. We were very proactive, but thankfully we didn't get sick. Hell I don't think any of us got Covid either ever, or if we did it was unnoticeable

posted on Dec, 30 2022 @ 04:13 AM
link   
Where abouts are you? Here in the uk it’sEVERYWHERE and I don’t know why it’s not being talked about. I’ve had 2 friends in hospital with it with low oxygen levels.
Never known a flu to be this prevalent before . I’m coughing up green cottage cheese 😐
edit on 30-12-2022 by Albert999 because: (no reason given)

Edit I see you’re in the states. Hope you all feel better soon 🤞🏼
edit on 30-12-2022 by Albert999 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 30 2022 @ 04:31 AM
link   
Mould?
Check your house for Black Mould.

posted on Dec, 30 2022 @ 05:23 AM
link   
a reply to: Scubalicious
It's a cold.

posted on Dec, 30 2022 @ 07:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: Albert999
Where abouts are you? Here in the uk it’sEVERYWHERE and I don’t know why it’s not being talked about. I’ve had 2 friends in hospital with it with low oxygen levels.
Never known a flu to be this prevalent before . I’m coughing up green cottage cheese 😐

Edit I see you’re in the states. Hope you all feel better soon 🤞🏼

Cheers!

Hypoxia is something that I’ve seen mentioned in a few different articles - and was a thing with the original COVID strain. At the time, it was bizarre as Hypoxia typically is associated with extremely high altitudes/low-oxygen environments.

Hypoxia appears to be making a comeback with this one.

posted on Dec, 30 2022 @ 07:30 AM
link   

Hope everyone gets well soon.

We have the same type of "cold" going around here too.

I'm in Ontario, Canada.

Lockdowns will not go over well this time IMO.

posted on Dec, 30 2022 @ 08:38 AM
link   

My twins brought this home from preschool and I did not catch it byt my oldest son and daughter caught it.

Twin A had a low grade fever for 5 days and felt off until day 7, she felt better afterwards, Twin B same thing. Then my husband and older daughter got really bad strep throat. I had an eye thing, not really conjunctivitus but had a rash on my face with it. I took antibiotics and eye steroids, cleared up in 10 days. This was all within the last 3 weeks.

Fun stuff.

posted on Dec, 30 2022 @ 08:43 AM
link   
a reply to: VulcanWerks -- hey, I hope you folks are all better soon. Regarding supplements, our family's form of zinc is a product called Zinc Balance ---> it contains 15 mg. zinc + 1 mg. copper, because those 2 minerals should remain in that relative balance to avoid a deficiency problem. When we take that formulation, we can assimilate the zinc with no unpleasant side effects.

For general immune support, we also rely on organic fresh ginger root: Cut off a 1-2 inch section, remove the skin, and cut into "toothpick" shapes (slivers). For use in cooking, mince the slivers and add in the last 10 minutes of cooking. A few years ago, I had to have a cracked tooth removed by an oral surgeon. When I returned to his office 5 days later for a wound check, he looked in my mouth, then stepped back and said, "I've never seen tissue healing like that before. Did you eat anything different from normal?" So I told him that after the tooth was removed, I went home and started chewing on slivers of fresh ginger root, swallowing it after chewing it (on the other side of my jaw from the injured jaw). I did that for several days straight, since I didn't feel like eating much anyway after the tooth removal. The oral surgeon seemed very impressed with that story.

posted on Dec, 30 2022 @ 09:00 AM
link   

Same issues here. Symptoms varied from each person. My son had gotten over it and it kinda kept coming back for a while. He had vertigo/ear ache and numbness and at its worse a fever of 103.3.

The doctors tested him and his mother and nothing showed up. All three of us had antibiotics within the last year and a few other symptoms of yeast issues.

I believe it is an issue with gut health and yeast. Candida yeast after going through a die off period result in excess toxicity that causes flu like symptoms. It can come back frequently and manifest different symptoms but most certainly made worse after antibiotics. It may not have been the original sickness but greatly effects the immune system under distress.

I think this is an underestimated issue in most people’s health and a reason COVID was so bad for many and not others. Yeast as well as streptococcus grow exponentially more when surrounded by frequencies around 18ghz and 5g is in fact in the .5-26ghz range. I cut my arm badly and when my hands are sore my phone easily causes hand and arm numbness that is more noticeable when already sore or whatever parts are in pain or healing.

Magnetism and structure of water affects how yeast and bacteria can spread so in laymen’s terms the scientific studies showing the relationship between frequencies and yeast fungi and bacteria growth ale sense.

I do believe this issue is being brought on by antibiotics and GMO foods pesticides and the plethora of toxins in the food.

I also believe this is the underlying issue behind most diseases out there that can manifest different symptoms in the lymphatic system various organs and different layers of skin and can show up as different diseases over the years as your body adapts to fighting it off.

Yeast also has a relationship to plaque biofilms and plaque can cause brain fog, hair loss, clogged arteries, skin issues, insulin’s issues, musculoskeletal disorders and nervous system issues.

The plaque in my personal opinion seams to at times be used to surround toxins and malfunctioning cells to keep from interacting with the body and better chance of expelling them from the body or deposited inactivated in various locations.

I first earned about that when researching heavy metal toxicity and connection to Alzheimer’s.

Autism can also seem to be linked with gluten intolerance and theorized to be made worse with heavy metal issues such as lead and possibly vaccine concoctions.

There are to many links I will need to find that show this all as verified studies, but you should easily be able to research and find how I have come to these conclusions after years of research.

My recent suspicion in our medical issues have lead me to realize that suggestion by some seemingly biased sources suggest eating various meats that contain nitrogen and amonium as well as antibiotics as a candida yeast free diet but they will in fact make it worse.

After extreme lethargy 15 years ago I decided it had to be in my diet and the heavier foods made it worse (red meat pasta and sugar).

I also suspected from the vertigo symptoms and numbness/excess tingling that 5g could actually cause the body to not heal well.

It makes 100% sense that charged water of crystalline structure versus the alternative can make sense of blood flow and the ability of microbes to culture or not.

Please take this suggestion seriously as I do feel it will greatly benefit your health regardless of it is the main cause or not. I think gut health and valence of bacterium and yeast and fungus can manifest various disease symptoms, various cancers, neurological, musculoskeletal issues and different mental illnesses and function.
Schizophrenia and bacteria can relate. Hpv relates and now is associated with fungus. And I think various doctors can diagnose these symptoms as whatever and it make sense and almost all medications will cause some issue else when the gut health becomes influx ie collitis arthritis stomach ulcers liver issues and auto immune issues.

The infections also cause cytokines and I even suspect viruses actually play their hand in adapting to manage toxicity and healing.

But that being said they can also be modified to become more easily triggered just as maybe the species of yeast bacterium or fungi may be responding to frequencies, food, liquids, PH, and stress.

It may be not much of a correlation other than because of population but the COVID map, gmo map, and 5g map are also the same and all the same corporate giants are at the hand and mouth of the promotion of these variables into our lives.

Blackwater and the troll toll may all know the connection that they found various ways to profit immensely while the population suffers.

posted on Dec, 30 2022 @ 09:10 AM
link   
a reply to: Dancingflames

I've noticed this too in several groups I'm associated with.

It's common for a long term mild cough, mild chest infection and/or the #s.

posted on Dec, 30 2022 @ 09:17 AM
link   
Before covid, about 80% of what looked like flu/colds of various severities, were NOT flu, but were an "ILI" influenza like illness.

Some of them are unidentified, some of them are milder coronaviruses etc.

Nothing new here.

posted on Dec, 30 2022 @ 09:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: thebtheb
Before covid, about 80% of what looked like flu/colds of various severities, were NOT flu, but were an "ILI" influenza like illness.

Some of them are unidentified, some of them are milder coronaviruses etc.

Nothing new here.

That’s good to know - I appreciate the scaling!

That said, I’ve personally never encountered and ILI like this. The last time anyone in the house was as sick as we’ve been is when the girls brought home some gnarly illness from preschool. That was bad - but diagnosed as severe, accrue sinusitis and a double ear infection for me. That was the sickest I’ve ever been.

This illness is weird. My wife can breath a “little better” but not much else regarding improvement. I still don’t have a fever, but, I am gassed on wake up. Felt almost like I was going to just pass out from being tired in the shower. My heart rate is fine but I feel out of breath and just exhausted. 02 saturation was fine last night but dang it sure doesn’t feel like it. My head is all foggy now, too.

This ILI is a PITA - sounds like it has been for lots of people.

posted on Dec, 30 2022 @ 09:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: Brassmonkey
No appetite for 3 days but drank a crap ton of Gatorade. Gatorade is a life saver and not the diet Gatorade you have to get the ORIGINAL with sucralose and electrolytes.

Electrolytes are great, but sugar??? No, sugar feeds these bugs big time, worst, absolute worst thing you can do.

Just buy high quality sugar free electrolytes - or just plain salt water (use a high quality salt like RealSalt) is really good by itself.

posted on Dec, 30 2022 @ 10:08 AM
link   
Why don’t we just call what the OP is experiencing as “Virus-X” and add it to the present Tripledemic (RSV, Flu, Covid) and now call it a Quadrademic……

Btw…..as if we haven’t had enough ….. here’s more to shoehorn in this mess.

New York nurses threaten strike amid tripledemic surge

👽
edit on 30-12-2022 by Ophiuchus1 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join