It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

15-Minute City Climate Lockdown

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 6 2022 @ 11:33 AM
link   
a reply to: Kenzo

Labeling everything one doesn't agree with as communism, makes one sound like fascists and a dumb one on top.

posted on Dec, 6 2022 @ 11:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: Terpene

Labeling everything one doesn't agree with as communism, makes one sound like fascists and a dumb one on top.

It's authoritarian.

Contrary to freedom.

Communism seems an apt descriptor.

posted on Dec, 6 2022 @ 11:43 AM
link   
a reply to: Terpene

It's the people who keep it afloat, not money...

Somewhat of an oversimplification methinks, without money and the things it can do, or be used to accomplish we could not have a globe community, then again we also need people, and people want paid.

When the product is 3 times the daily wage of the harvester, and it gets ultimately thrown away, someone made a lot of profit for free. Oh and the food in the dumpster is free too.

Over here dumpster raiding is considered to be the criminal act of theft by finding believe it or not.

As to the waste not get any disagreement out of me on that score considering we fling away as much as 40% of the food we purchase.

UK has plenty of empty houses, but a homelessness problem... But hey can't have housing for free because why again.

Thing there is that most are not what considered to be fit for human habitation and nobody including the goverment or local council is willing to shell out the monies or resources required to bring them up to code.

As long as economy dictates politics it will get 2% worst for the people every year... Happy economic growth...

Well its the Tories that have been dictating politics for the past decade here in the UK and the Turkeys still voted for Christmas.

Most people will be a lot worse off than just 2% should energy costs and the cost of living across the nation continue to increase or even remain the same, that's a given.

posted on Dec, 6 2022 @ 11:47 AM
link   
just heard on the radio the swiss have banned usage of electric vehicles during an energy crisis.

Insanity seems to be infectious.

posted on Dec, 6 2022 @ 11:48 AM
link   

Fair enough. I'll try to vet this as best I can and will let you know what I find. I will start with your sources and work backwards from there. One thing to keep in mind; if I read this correctly, this has to do with the University town of Oxford? Don't know about the UK, but in the US University towns they often adopt all manner of weird and bizaare ordinances that are quickly forgotten.

posted on Dec, 6 2022 @ 11:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: AndyMayhew
I agree it's a ludicrous idea (and I am certain the trial will prove that)

But it's also worth noting that some of the more sensationalist claims by the usual suspects are just, well, sensationalist nonsense. No-one will be "imprisoned" nor in any way have their freedom curtailed, other than with regards driving within the city centre.

People can drive freely around their own neighbourhood and can apply for a permit to drive through the filters, and into other neighbourhoods, for up to 100 days per year. This equates to an average of two days per week.

The alternative is to drive out on to the ring road and then back in to the destination.

A maximum of three permits a household will be allowed where there are several adults with cars registered to the address.

www.oxfordmail.co.uk...
I accidentally upvoted you before reading all of your comments . Yes it is most certainly imprisonment, the kind that prisons use with prisoners : electronic ankle bands

posted on Dec, 6 2022 @ 12:03 PM
link   
a reply to: ancientlight

If you think this is imprisonment, or anything reminiscent of such you have obviously never been imprisoned.

Also how's it equate to prisoners with electronic ankle bands?

When nobody is being forced to wear or do anything of the sorts and the restrictions applies to road traffic as opposed to people.

posted on Dec, 6 2022 @ 12:06 PM
link   

Ok buddy, I vetted this. To seperate the sensationalistic stuff from the truth, it appears you have to go to the Oxford Mail article.
www.oxfordmail.co.uk...
What they are doing is seperating the downtown area from the rest of the city and residential areas to limit traffic flow into/out of the Downtown area. They are basically turning the Downtown area into a vehicle free pedestrian/cyclist area limiting traffic into the downtown area into 15 minute increments. At least that's how it reads to me.

He said the filters would turn Oxford into "a 15-minute city" with local services within a small walking radius. Mr Enright said: "It is about making sure you have the community centre which has all of those essential needs, the bottle of milk, pharmacy, GP, schools which you need to have a 15-minute neighbourhood."The aim is to reduce traffic in the city centre and make city living more pleasant, but critics say the plans will negatively affect businesses and the city centre's economy.

Note this:

People can drive freely around their own neighbourhood and can apply for a permit to drive through the filters, and into other neighbourhoods, for up to 100 days per year. This equates to an average of two days per week.
The alternative is to drive out on to the ring road and then back in to the destination.

So, you'll have to access the ring roads to go from one outer residential zone to another OR you can drive cross-town but only on a limited basis.

I interpret this proposal this way. The City Council wants to polish their WEF credentials by being able to report they've significantly lowered the the cities carbon footprint. That means limiting access to the Downtown area with the INTENDED result of pushing businesses, (which consume electricty and emit carbon from restaurant/cleaners exhausts) out of the downtown area. Thus, as is becoming the case in the US, Downtown Oxford will be an empty quarter. Pretty cool really unless you're a business owner who will really have no choice except to move out to the ring road and/or beyond.
edit on 6-12-2022 by TonyS because: ETA

posted on Dec, 6 2022 @ 12:10 PM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake

Most people will be a lot worse off than just 2%

Yes you can only hold up the illusion for so long...

Thing there is that most are not what considered to be fit for human habitation

So they rather have them on the street? Give them housing and make them fix it... They would anyways, at least for the basic commodities...
but no, they get evicted even from houses that don't meet the standard.

dumpster raiding is considered to be the criminal act of theft by finding

let me guess privatizing the sector made the trash property of a private enterprise. It happened in many countries.

Around here it is considered no ones when it's on the street, why police can go trough your trash without a warrant.
They hate it when you lecture them with that tidbit

posted on Dec, 6 2022 @ 12:18 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

It sure is, so is fascism, and there are many more forms of authoritarian ideologies.

It's a very typical fascist knee-jerk reaction to conclude communism, with everything he sees as a threat to his way of life.

posted on Dec, 6 2022 @ 12:20 PM
link   
a reply to: TonyS

Thanks for the efforts in advance

I dont know is the plan local stubidity or the hidden hand from top giving the orders, my feeling is the hidden hand. Go read this Karl 12 thread if you dont know blackrock and what is does .

10 Shadowy Facts About the Secret Company That Runs the World.

posted on Dec, 6 2022 @ 12:21 PM
link   
a reply to: Terpene

So they rather have them on the street?

Unfortunately yes, you see if they were to be housed in properties deemed unfit for human habitation, they would be held responsible and open to legal repercussions whereas if they are simply homeless its a different story.

let me guess privatizing the sector made the trash property of a private enterprise. It happened in many countries.

Not sure as to the reasoning, but i do seem to recall a story that power went out at a supermarket which was forced to throw out products including chicken.

Apparently down to bins being full around the back of the place, they resorted to using bins in the front street.

Someone took the stuff from the receptacle and the Police apparently charged them with theft by finding.

Or something to that effect any road.

edit on 6-12-2022 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 6 2022 @ 12:26 PM
link   
a reply to: Irishhaf

We'll see about that... These EV loading stations have a tremendous strain on the electricity grid.

When you buy a great amount of electricity from your neighbors it might be prudent to relief the grid of unnecessary strains. Especially when everyone around you is suddenly worried they might not have enough for themselfs.
I mean we could light our houses and cook with petrol, but id rather have that resource used on the street.

An energy crisis isn't just fuel...

posted on Dec, 6 2022 @ 12:26 PM
link   

It sure is, so is fascism, and there are many more forms of authoritarian ideologies.

It's a very typical fascist knee-jerk reaction to conclude communism, with everything he sees as a threat to his way of life.

Why is it fascist to state that communism is authoritarian?

posted on Dec, 6 2022 @ 12:35 PM
link   

Thanks for the investigation!

It still feels like bad idea to me , infact i would call it insanity. The local business is going to get hit and suffers ( is that the intention ? )

The living and moving under " permits " is pure communism ,authoritarian ...

I bet oxford is some kind of pilot city, and they want to expand that to other places then.

posted on Dec, 6 2022 @ 12:35 PM
link   

I haven't looked although I would say that most towns and cities would need a lot of money and a huge overhaul to achieve anything good for the average person.

In the UK local councils would rather spend millions on vanity projects than improve roads. It gets dafter the further up the chain you go.

Modern day city planners don't live in reality. In my own town all they've ever done is juggle traffic and play with it's direction.

Meh, we don't need towns and commercial enterprise when we have Amazon and the internet.

We could always play call center in the spare room, maybe a spare room tax break is in order?

posted on Dec, 6 2022 @ 12:36 PM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake

It's not unusual for homeless people to freeze to death in France, I'd imagine UK it's even worse?
You have people dying of cold in front of empty houses.
It's very twisted if you ask me, there is no reasoning to justify it. Unless you're a monster...

I'm not familiar with your laws but theft implies an owner I would think. Once it's privatized, the food soon to be trash is bought by the trash company and is never in a state of not being owned by a private entity, here it's at best owned by the sovereign which is we the people...

posted on Dec, 6 2022 @ 12:39 PM
link   

Let's keep things straight...

It's just a common fascist knee-jerk reaction, it's not fascist per se to equate the green movement to communism...

Maybe you weren't aware of how you acted... Just letting you know...

Carry on

posted on Dec, 6 2022 @ 12:41 PM
link   

Madrid has much harsher rules...

posted on Dec, 6 2022 @ 12:46 PM
link   

Let's keep things straight...

It's just a common fascist knee-jerk reaction, it's not fascist per se to equate the green movement to communism...

Maybe you weren't aware of how you acted... Just letting you know...

Carry on

*shrugs*

I've stated for years that the Green Movement was authoritarian and was an actual attempt at enacting communism under the guise of "saving the planet".

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join