It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

15-Minute City Climate Lockdown

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 6 2022 @ 09:51 AM
link   
a reply to: Terpene

I hear ya lol.

The thing that stands out for me as an Englishman is that society was somewhat broken before I was born. I've got to see plenty of degradation leading up to 2008 and that's when things turned around.

I find humour that world had to go to "the pits" for us to drop the ghost of the coal mines. It's almost like Al Gore saved us or something. Or maybe things got so bad people got off their arse and did something about it?

How often do people consider other's suffering when they're suffering themselves? Seems rare to me.

posted on Dec, 6 2022 @ 09:55 AM
link   
a reply to: Gothmog

One cannot get pain pills without pain (legally)

Aside from over the counter painkillers like Paracetamol or Ibuprofen for instance where nobody askes much aside from age(18).

But , this is not about abortion .

Its not about Texas nether, but the UK, so there is that.

But it canny be that free in Texas if a Woman's body is anyone else's concern but her own.

Then you live in the wrong country

The country where permits to go barefoot is in question, is America, and the cost apparently $5, so you could be right.

Ether way, and on topic, what the thread seems to be about is climate lockdown.
edit on 6-12-2022 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 6 2022 @ 10:11 AM
link   
a reply to: Gothmog

the oppressed is always living in the wrong country, if he wasn't, he wouldn't be oppressed. It's easy to be free when on the receiving end...

posted on Dec, 6 2022 @ 10:17 AM
link   

Plenty of nations around the globe are considered to be free all the same.

America does not own, nor ever has owned, a monopoly on what constitutes freedom.

And that's just a fact like it or lump it.

As to being oppressed, i guess that's just down to how one feels, in our supposed first world respective nations.

I don't feel oppressed by the government along the lines of restricting what i can do or where i can go, well not now that the lockdowns are lifted.

Where i do feel a modicum of oppression is say the increases in cost of living never mind the amount of tax that's paid.

posted on Dec, 6 2022 @ 10:29 AM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake

Economic mobility is what most freedom is judged by these days, as far as I can tell.

I can't live wild and kill/eat what I want in the UK, there's protective laws for a good reason plus everything is owned. I can get social care and housing though.

Immigration requires economic mobility, same for refugees in regards to the UK since the majority are making their own way here.

posted on Dec, 6 2022 @ 10:36 AM
link   
a reply to: Kenzo

Do you really believe this is going to happen; that it's actually going to be implemented? Have you found and looked at any actual government documents that recite any of this?

Just asking; maybe you have.

posted on Dec, 6 2022 @ 10:38 AM
link   
a reply to: Kenzo

The Green Movement is just another word for communism.

posted on Dec, 6 2022 @ 10:39 AM
link   
a reply to: RAY1990

Economic mobility is what most freedom is judged by these days, as far as I can tell.

Very true, money talks, not so much even cash monies these days, but a nice big fat bank account always opens doors that are otherwise closed.

Such is the way the world spins and has done for as long as i can remember.

I can't live wild and kill/eat what I want in the UK, there's protective laws for a good reason plus everything is owned. I can get social care and housing though.

I think you probably still could/can if you wanted to, or were forced to do so, but i don't fancy the quality of life much.

If in doubt, well see most poor homeless people who cannot or don't have access to social care or housing to the tune of around 320,000+ at last count.

Immigration requires economic mobility, same for refugees in regards to the UK since the majority are making their own way here.

Immigration is indeed one of the biggest problems we face as a nation and to date there does not seem to be any light at the end of the tunnel bar a big train.

posted on Dec, 6 2022 @ 10:40 AM
link   

Whan the word freedom and oppression stops at one's border in a global economy, it's just opportunism not an actual concern.

posted on Dec, 6 2022 @ 10:46 AM
link   

Terpene "freedom" is just a word, nothing is free in this world, and their is always a cost to be had.

If not of the immediate sorts, then somewhere down the line.

Where global economies are concerned, clearly nothing is free about those considering how they function and what keeps them ticking along aka money.

posted on Dec, 6 2022 @ 11:02 AM
link   
a reply to: TonyS

It is hard to believe , as is the whole story...

But i would not believe 4 Years ago that whole World would go to lockdown because common cold . so i dont know..

posted on Dec, 6 2022 @ 11:04 AM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

Yes the green new deal is communism

And should be rejected.

posted on Dec, 6 2022 @ 11:08 AM
link   

Seem to me Kenzo what they are after is a noise up.

What is a 'noise up'?
Asking for a friend.

posted on Dec, 6 2022 @ 11:11 AM
link   
a reply to: Itisnowagain

You're having a Giraffe.

posted on Dec, 6 2022 @ 11:13 AM
link   
It's a serious question.
At least 2 posters on this thread don't have a clue what a 'noise up' is.

posted on Dec, 6 2022 @ 11:16 AM
link   

And that was a serious answer. LoL

A "'noise up" is simply taking the piss and having a laugh.

posted on Dec, 6 2022 @ 11:19 AM
link   
Nice one.
Thanks for clearing that up.

posted on Dec, 6 2022 @ 11:26 AM
link   

No problem, glad to have been of assistance.

posted on Dec, 6 2022 @ 11:28 AM
link   

I think you probably still could/can if you wanted to, or were forced to do so, but i don't fancy the quality of life much.

I've knew a few who have over time. Hunters, gatherers and scavengers. They were social outcasts in more ways than one usually, sometimes criminally so.

I'd prefer a horse outside than a Subaru myself but I've got to be realistic ya know?

Immigration is indeed one of the biggest problems we face as a nation and to date there does not seem to be any light at the end of the tunnel bar a big train.

They come here with hopes and dreams, when I talk with people who came here with such backgrounds I find them inspiring tbh. The come from warzones and lived under governments with comedic values when we compare to our own.

Don't get me wrong some "dregs of society" make there way here too, we've got plenty of our own. We elect ours though

Screw authority in regards to such things, they love the divide. Instead I like to consider the attitude of people willing to work, travel and risk it all for betterment. An attitude lacked by many of our beleaguered fellow citizens lack.

It's state of mind stuff really, not so say British people don't have restrictions but most of the boundaries are built in the mind. Citizens here do have better opportunity than a refugee for instance. It just depends on what we/they do with them.

In my opinion anyways.

posted on Dec, 6 2022 @ 11:29 AM
link   

It's the people who keep it afloat, not money...

When the product is 3 times the daily wage of the harvester, and it gets ultimately thrown away, someone made a lot of profit for free. Oh and the food in the dumpster is free too.

UK has plenty of empty houses, but a homelessness problem... But hey can't have housing for free because why again.

As long as economy dictates politics it will get 2% worst for the people every year... Happy economic growth....

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join