It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Complete Theory

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 1 2022 @ 10:16 AM
link   
This is where I try to put it into one fundamentally interconnected theory, so add or challenge what stands out to you, but please don't whine if I answer without considering your inferiority complex.
No feelz required in any part of it.

More people speak out in favor of simulation theory

In many respects this point of view may be nothing more than a result of the fact that the notion of computation is the disease of our age—everywhere we look today we see examples of computers, computation, and information theory and thus we extrapolate this to our laws of physics. Indeed, thinking about computing as arising from faulty components, it seems as if the abstraction that uses perfectly operating computers is unlikely to exist as anything but a platonic ideal. Another critique of such a point of view is that there is no evidence for the kind of digitization that characterizes computers nor are there any predictions made by those who advocate such a view that have been experimentally confirmed.

The bastard child of information theory
Which does indeed operate from a technical standpoint. But I think it's hinting towards information being the underlying factor in everything that is. The entire universe is one gigantic storage of information. Every object down to atoms contains information what 'shaped it'.
If you change perspective the systems you observe get more complex the composition tells you exactly what happened to that handful of dirt, keyes, bread... whatever.
They obviously form groups we can identify by looks, form, etc. Groups that share information enough to appear similiar.
Not unlike us biologicals where we already look at the data storage, our DNA.
Light is transmitting that data for the matter.
Amongst others I'm sure we're still missing huge parts of the full picture.
We got no clue how plants communicate. But they do.

Unfortunately I don't have an answer for the plants.
But we humans store our data artificially. On Rocks. Metal. Paper. Floppy....
But that's just us, that's one possibility of... A LOT.
Like I said DNA, the composition of dirt...etc.
We transmit it through language.
However imperfect that is.

But it is possible to imagine zooming out above our everyday average existence. When humans start looking in a simplified perspective like one collective being. Or at least a swarm.
That's totally relative, from where you want to contemplate existence.
When history starts to repeat itself. And a little further out.
When it starts to look as if humans just really love to kill. To torture. To control.
When good and evil get really uncomfortable to ponder.
Imagine if humans would suddenly have the awakening and feel the pain.
If the level above restrictions we have in our consciousness system would be lifted.

That's I believe our destiny. In order to evolve to incorporate the 'intelligence' processing the universe as a whole into our existence we need to overcome the fearful neglect we give to our consciousness.
Which is absurd to me, to treat something that's not matter but so obviously more real 'closer to home' than matter. You only know of matter what your consciousness wants you to know.
I think it's fundamentally wrong to think information = informatics = computers

Because below that you got the realm of possibilities. Ideas considered but never acted on. Stuff that never got it's mass. But as we can learn from probability possibilities influence and shape reality.

posted on Dec, 1 2022 @ 10:36 AM
link   
a reply to: Peeple

In the end we always ponder the same questions, they just get a new wrap according to the zeitgeist, which is mostly defined by the new scientific understanding of our surroundings.

It's those new philosophical models that often bring forth the next scientific theory and breakthroughs.

You defined the philosophy emerging from the information age pretty well, IMO.

posted on Dec, 1 2022 @ 10:52 AM
link   
a reply to: Terpene

Obviously it's meaningful to us.
Since we want to know since always.

posted on Dec, 1 2022 @ 11:03 AM
link   

Is it?

Do we really find meaning in asking a question that can only be answered by living it?

posted on Dec, 1 2022 @ 11:07 AM
link   

It's the key to answer who we are and what our purpose is.

posted on Dec, 1 2022 @ 11:18 AM
link   

It's just a key to the next room, I might settle there, or not.
there are infinte keys to infinite rooms, I can choose or make one that comforts me, or I can spend my life searching for the one true room.

Just don't ask about the roof.

posted on Dec, 1 2022 @ 11:22 AM
link   

I firmly believe nature doesn't waste that much effort as with us humans if we wouldn't have a function.

posted on Dec, 1 2022 @ 11:28 AM
link   

The function can not be expressed other than by living it. How that expresses itself is mostly dependent on the answer we found, and the questions they pose.

posted on Dec, 1 2022 @ 11:30 AM
link   

No. Not your individual comfort theory, the objective function we fulfill from a bigger picture point of view.

posted on Dec, 1 2022 @ 11:43 AM
link   

As we seem to be the only ones pondering these question, maybe that is our purpose?
Finding an answer would make us obsolete, and so far every answer we found, posed more questions. It certainly evolved our questions. That could work...

posted on Dec, 1 2022 @ 11:49 AM
link   

The task isn't done just because you identify it.
Than we can work out how to be the best at it.

posted on Dec, 1 2022 @ 12:06 PM
link   

Good luck, call me when your tired of it. You're the best you can be at anything already...
The notion we are somehow born unwholesome is a deep brain #, and it has the tendency to not let you enjoy what is...

posted on Dec, 1 2022 @ 12:11 PM
link   

No. I mean the actual function in the system of the universe.
Objectively true.

posted on Dec, 1 2022 @ 12:30 PM
link   

There are plenty of answers to that question out there.

What makes you think now is the time we find the answer to that question? What if there is only a subjective answer to that question?

I don't think you're just a cog in the machine, I think you are the machine. Hence finding an objective truth is not possible... You can certainly keep trying, just don't let, the evasiveness of that objective answer, wear you down.

That would be a real waste of time...

posted on Dec, 1 2022 @ 12:37 PM
link   

If that's the level you're happy with.
I want the answer for what the Earth as being 'thinks' of us.
At least.

posted on Dec, 1 2022 @ 12:52 PM
link   

Do you think your blood cells worry about what you think of them?

Do you think they could comprehend your thought processes, in any constructive way?

The answer is always there, all around you. You're just to busy asking questions...

edit on 1-12-2022 by Terpene because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 1 2022 @ 01:03 PM
link   

I believe that any question that a living being asks itself about why or what it was born for and what is the meaning of its life is legitimate. It is crucial for that living being, which is no small thing.

The fact that this living being is also aware of its own death and the limited nature of its existence is, moreover, an unbearable burden that must have some reason.

But I also know that the universe itself asks these questions as it expands, and I also know that sometimes light itself feels tired. I think there is something that feeds on questions, that preys on the doubts of existence. Something that knows that if those questions were answered, it would cease to exist.

posted on Dec, 1 2022 @ 01:17 PM
link   

Yes.
Yes.
And yes.

posted on Dec, 1 2022 @ 01:18 PM
link   
a reply to: Direne

that if those questions were answered, it would cease to exist.

Why?

posted on Dec, 1 2022 @ 02:06 PM
link   
a reply to: Direne

I think there is something that feeds on questions, that preys on the doubts of existence. Something that knows that if those questions were answered, it would cease to exist.

That sounds just like self doubt.
It ceases to exist when I find an answer to my existence.
You're attributing alot to some very comon psychological processes.
Does the answer matter in the final outcome?

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join