It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Alien Abduction :A Global Analysis

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 1 2022 @ 10:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: quintessentone
a reply to: peaceinoutz

I'm not dismissing what you read, but I've read quite a few cases and I don't recall anyone being mind-controlled. Most experiencers were in a shock and trauma state, as was I when I realized I was paralyzed, who wouldn't be? And with shock and trauma there may also exist a mental state of detachment and confusion.

Of course, they were mind controlled to a degree, least of all being hypnotized NOT to recall the event.

That's been related in many of the abduction experiences. Sure, trauma is a part of it, but so are degrees of what can be called mind control.

Betty Hill said the alien told her she wouldn't remember this experience.

Strieber calls them screen memories implanted...

I'm not saying they were made zombies. But it is manipulation of the mind when you're given commands not to remember, and they work.

That's why many of the abductees remember through hypnosis, such as the Hills, Strieber, and many others.

I'm not dismissing what you read,

What does that mean? All we can do is read what the abductees tell us or hear it from them in a doc or in person. We weren't there with them.

posted on Dec, 1 2022 @ 10:56 AM
link   
a reply to: quintessentone

Paralyzed. Body controlled.

posted on Dec, 1 2022 @ 11:01 AM
link   
a reply to: peaceinoutz

I took it to mean that the abductee was mind-controlled from the first minute of the experience, which I've never read about being the case. Sure, whatever means or devices they used to wipe 'some' of our memories, because most if not all people remember bits and pieces - how else could they claim to have had an alien encounter?

I'm just trying to interject how shock, confusion, detachment and emotional trauma may play into false memory because some stories I have read really are bizarre.

posted on Dec, 1 2022 @ 11:04 AM
link   

It's like remembering a dream. Paralyzed means mind seperated from the body.
That's just how it is.
Just like NDE.
Your awareness disconnected from the sensors.

posted on Dec, 1 2022 @ 11:07 AM
link   
a reply to: Peeple

If NDE is like an out of body experience, then I can relate to an NDE, but if you are comparing those two to an alien encounter experience, then, for me, there was always that knowing that it was real life (maybe because I was not meditating or sleeping at the time).

posted on Dec, 1 2022 @ 11:16 AM
link   

It was real life to me too. Sitting on a mountain with a friend. We didn't get abducted but we got a show.
You didn't. There are degrees of interference if dealing with an intelligence.
So i would fully expect there are varying degrees of intensity.
The Kind of the Encounter.

posted on Dec, 1 2022 @ 11:19 AM
link   

Well you and I can only speak for ourselves and believe what we believe. That's why I'm on these threads, to learn about others' experiences and match them to my own and figure out whether or not any mental conditions/disorders may have played a part, such as false memory.

posted on Dec, 1 2022 @ 11:24 AM
link   

Of course it is a 'false memory' because even if you would identify it as psychosis it is a real memory, but the interpretation is made without any sensory input data.

posted on Dec, 1 2022 @ 11:33 AM
link   

My problem with that explanation is that if it were a psychosis, which I left untreated, would it not continue throughout my lifetime, which it has not?

I have not had any other false memories when describing other life's experiences with family and friends, they corroborate my memories. So the alien encounters (multiple and varied with an intelligent and cohesive end goal, not bizarre) would be the one and only false memory I have ever had. Psychosis just doesn't explain it properly in my case.

posted on Dec, 1 2022 @ 11:47 AM
link   

I didn't say that you did. And false memories don't exist. It's the interpretation that's the issue.
If you got a foggy memory because you got seperated from your body it's the same level of difficulty like remembering a dream.
When your 'mind' is on its own. You just don't remember it like sthg you touched, saw, smelled, felt, heard... that doesn't make it false.
Your mind is trimmed to fill the gaps, the brain does it all the time.
It's not ill-intention, it's what the brain does.
So naturally you use the language closest at hands.
And bamm the impression the reader gets is completely different than what you wanted to convey.
But not a 'false memory'.

That's where 'alien' reaches absurdity they transcend us and everything, but they are aware of it and we with our make up don't perceive their existence 99% of the time.
It's completely natural.

posted on Dec, 1 2022 @ 11:49 AM
link   

Yes, very complex indeed.

posted on Dec, 1 2022 @ 11:53 AM
link   

Depends on how inclusive you are I guess.

Fun duell

posted on Dec, 1 2022 @ 12:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: peaceinoutz
Betty Hill said the alien told her she wouldn't remember this experience.
What does that mean? All we can do is read what the abductees tell us or hear it from them in a doc or in person. We weren't there with them.
That's not all you can do in the case of Betty Hill. In that example you would be well advised to consider what Betty's doctor said

Simon says ’It was a dream’

“Did you conclude that they actually went aboard a spacecraft,” the Today show host asked Simon, “or did you conclude that it was a fantasy?”

“I concluded that ... it was a fantasy, as you put it,” Simon said on camera. "In other words, that it was a dream. ... The abduction did not happen. ... I feel quite confident that there was a whole experience, and an experience with a UFO, if we clearly define that. It does not involve visitations from outer space, but it does involve seeing an object which cannot be identified at the time, whatever it is. I think that did take place. But from there on, I think it was largely a dream."

Also I'm not sure exactly when Betty went off the rails, but she was seeing 50-100 "UFOs" a night, many of them just streetlights and such as confirmed by some of her followers, so I wouldn't necessarily take what such a witness says at face value, not when she's calling streetlights "UFOs".

from "The Ufo Handbook: A Guide to Investigating, Evaluating, and Reporting Ufo Sightings" by Allan Hendry

posted on Dec, 1 2022 @ 12:14 PM
link   
a reply to: Arbitrageur

You're so awesome

edit on 1-12-2022 by Peeple because: I seriously mean it

posted on Dec, 1 2022 @ 12:16 PM
link   
a reply to: Arbitrageur

That's right, the doctors and others conducted their examinations of the contactees with a preconceived notion that it was related to a mental disorder. Funny thing about Barney and Betty Hill, is that only Betty was diagnosed with a fantasy personality and Barney was not. So, we need to look at how these doctors/people reach their conclusions when this sort of dicotomy exists.

posted on Dec, 1 2022 @ 12:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: Peeple

Depends on how inclusive you are I guess.

Fun duell

Same to you, but I'm back to square one.

posted on Dec, 1 2022 @ 12:35 PM
link   

Then we better all keep searching.

posted on Dec, 1 2022 @ 12:53 PM
link   

I'm just trying to interject how shock, confusion, detachment and emotional trauma may play into false memory because some stories I have read really are bizarre.

I understand that, and I'm sure I would be the same then go for my knife or gun if I wasn't controlled, or run like hell

posted on Dec, 1 2022 @ 12:58 PM
link   

I understand that, and I'm sure I would be the same then go for my knife or gun if I wasn't controlled, or run like hell

In my first encounter I was physically controlled (paralyzed) not intellectually and I had a hold onto my faculties enough to telepathically ask to be let go, which they did let me go - I did not run like hell, just kept walking to school and thinking about it and why time seemed to stop as there was no other activity or sounds on the street while this was happening.

posted on Dec, 1 2022 @ 01:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: quintessentone

In my first encounter I was physically controlled (paralyzed) not intellectually and I had a hold onto my faculties enough to telepathically ask to be let go, which they did let me go - I did not run like hell, just kept walking to school and thinking about it and why time seemed to stop as there was no other activity or sounds on the street while this was happening.

I could believe your experience.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join