It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Deathwatch: Twitter

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 17 2022 @ 09:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: putnam6
So we are less than 3 years removed from shutting down thousands of small businesses and I'm supposed to care about Twitter, why exactly?

Nobody said you are suppose to care. You don't have to. But it is an excellent resource to many, so of course many care.
It is a useful tool.

posted on Nov, 17 2022 @ 09:28 PM
link   
The most accurate information about Ukraine is coming from Twitter. W/out it, most people only had lies from MSM.
The most accurate information about almost anything is found on there. Unless you are there and use it as the tool it is meant to be, I can understand why some just don't get it.

Same for YT. Some still think its only for music videos.

posted on Nov, 17 2022 @ 09:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: shaemac
The most accurate information about Ukraine is coming from Twitter. W/out it, most people only had lies from MSM.
The most accurate information about almost anything is found on there. Unless you are there and use it as the tool it is meant to be, I can understand why some just don't get it.

Same for YT. Some still think its only for music videos.

The same Twitter that said Russia is bombing Poland?

www.westernjournal.com...
edit on 17-11-2022 by putnam6 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 17 2022 @ 09:36 PM
link   
Hopefully it does mean the death of the wokeism and population culling agenda that has infected Twitter. I have not bothered with it due to its censorship policies.

I don't see the servers going on strike over this. As for getting rid of the dead wood it looks like a plan.

posted on Nov, 17 2022 @ 09:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

originally posted by: putnam6
So we are less than 3 years removed from shutting down thousands of small businesses and I'm supposed to care about Twitter, why exactly?

Especially when the entitled brats at Twat aided and abetted in that shutting down and keeping it that way.

well others were saying it's a useful tool after all

posted on Nov, 17 2022 @ 09:39 PM
link   
a reply to: kwakakev

That is a very good summation.

I see a lot of stories on Twitter that would have been
deleted a few months ago. Some of censorship has ended.

posted on Nov, 17 2022 @ 09:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: beyondknowledge
Why does Twitter seem to matter to so many people?

I just don't get it.

I don't understand why thousands of people are needed to keep some hardware and software running.

Here's a summary of what "Twitter" is from a technical standpoint: blog.twitter.com...

Maybe 80% of the people aren't needed?

posted on Nov, 17 2022 @ 09:58 PM
link   
The employees who were laid off are still as useless as they were while employed there.

posted on Nov, 17 2022 @ 10:25 PM
link   
Elon, what is best in life?

To purchase your enemies. To issue ultimatums to them. To see them driven out before you. To hear the REEEEEing of the leftists.

Yes! That is best in life.

posted on Nov, 17 2022 @ 11:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: watchitburn
a reply to: Xcalibur254

Oh no! No more 4 hour work weeks!

It's literally violence!

I too am grieving beyond expression.

/sarc

posted on Nov, 17 2022 @ 11:31 PM
link   
a reply to: shaemac

The only thing I disagree with is the remote work policy. Many organizations have shown that remote work policies can work well, even in fast-paced, high-performing environments. I work for the largest cyber security company in the world by market cap; we still are 90% remote at the moment. It does carry its challenges, but it can succeed very well.

Although I do look at it this way, Elon is allowed to require workers to come in; it's his company. I completely agree with that and respect it; I think it's the wrong way to go about it. This is why I don't work for SpaceX; I was not willing to relocate to TX. He pays very well for talented people, and I would say it was worth the while of a colleague of mine, who I forwarded the job to, who did take the role.

Older Millenial here at 40.

posted on Nov, 17 2022 @ 11:33 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Maybe worth more than money.

It might be like a hobby, a very expensive hobby.

posted on Nov, 18 2022 @ 12:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: beyondknowledge
Why does Twitter seem to matter to so many people?

I just don't get it.

because America is a dystopian nightmare that makes socializing very difficult, kids grow up in empty lifeless neighborhoods that make them isolated and lonely, a giant prison and their parents are the guards, fueled by paranoia and irrational fear to keep buying up new houses in new gated communities to protect their kids, continuing the cycle and making new generations of soulless, broken, lonely slaves with no hope, so of course social media would become popular and be seen as important, its much easier to socialize online than it is in person with how sprawled our cities are with no easy method of travel place to place quickly and safely.

not only that but some people have jobs that depend on it, this isn't 1960, the Internet has greatly reduced the need for physical jobs and turned art, writing, making music, etc from elitist expensive to protuce mostly futureless jobs, to mass producing industries that most anyone can do with some level of success and get paid enough to live on, with automation one day no human will do physical labor, its the trend humanity has followed for hundreds of years bit by bit, freeing up people to do more with more leisure time available, and leisure in the original Greek sense didn't mean doing nothing, it meant, art, philosophy, science, politics, education, writing, engineering, religious service, music, etc, things vital to the human spirit and our mental well being.

twitter is a vehicle to accelerate human progress by connecting many people easily over any distance.

posted on Nov, 18 2022 @ 06:13 AM
link   
a reply to: beyondknowledge

That sounds like a question for people like Donald Trump. I mean he spent years complaining about Twitter's previous owners. He celebrated when Elon took over. He even made his own Twitter knockoff.

posted on Nov, 18 2022 @ 06:29 AM
link   
a reply to: Hypntick

It sounds to me like he is faced with the task of taking control of a hostile work force, so he's being completely ruthless and going from top to bottom making the place his. No mercy.

Given what and who he's up against, I don't blame him. Give an inch and leftists take a mile and more.

posted on Nov, 18 2022 @ 07:41 AM
link   
a reply to: JAY1980

Apparently 75% of his Twitter employees or thereabouts have decided to take the severance package Musk offered.

Which would take them to around mid February.

If true they braver than i am with the bills Christmas produces.

If those numbers are correct or anywhere near so it may bring in to question the viability of Twitter to function.

posted on Nov, 18 2022 @ 10:16 AM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

I agree completely and honestly; based on his other business ventures, coming back into the office full-time should not have surprised anyone. He's not a fan of remote work, which is his prerogative as a business owner. Once the folks weed themselves out, I imagine he'll have no shortage of folks clamoring for a job either from other recent layoffs or from people who didn't mesh with the Twitter culture under previous leadership. I'm fortunate that where I am, politics and discussions of such are off limits, as leadership understands not all of us are the same. We have a wide variety of employees with different backgrounds and beliefs. We do practice that diversity is beneficial to the entire organization (this includes diversity in political thought), not just paying lip service to it like so many other companies.

posted on Nov, 18 2022 @ 10:21 AM
link   
The only things that will die within Twitter is all the one sided bad apples.

This situation is par for the course. Pain for many, joy for some. A restructuring from very bad to good, fair policies seems to be happening. Imagine such a concept.

posted on Nov, 18 2022 @ 10:37 AM
link   
Elon wants the vehicle, the venue Twitter. Infrastructure in which he will replace the internals with his concept of a true free speech entity. If it works it will be the most important online presence ever and that will enable so many other things that need to have an unbiased and secure platform. It is just the beginning.

The "Power of the People" was always just a fantasy ideal. Think about it. Contemplate measurable solidarity in the way organized groups of people think, and how they can change the world to get what they want, in harmony with what every other group with special interests want.

I think this is what Elon envisions. I think being part of making this happen will be the most rewarding career move that any IT professional could ever hope to be a plank owner in.

Just my 2c.
edit on 18-11-2022 by charlyv because: content

posted on Nov, 18 2022 @ 10:40 AM
link   
a reply to: Xcalibur254

Twitter or no Twitter, the world will keep turning.

Cheers

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join