It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Deathwatch: Twitter

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 17 2022 @ 07:40 PM
link   
Yesterday Elon gave all the employees of Twitter an ultimatum. They can either stay on to help him build Twitter 2.0, warning it would involve very long hours, be very intense, and remote work would no longer be allowed, or they can resign and get three months severance. He gave them until 5 pm today to make their decision.

Based on Twitter posts and internal Slack messages, hundreds of the remaining 3700 have chosen to resign including enter teams.

According to some that have chosen to remain, some of the teams that have left were critical to the stability of the site. They've warned that the whole site could break at any moment. As a result the hashtag #RIPTwitter is now trending.

In response to the mass exodus Elon has revoked badge access to all employees and has closed the offices until at least next Tuesday.

If he site truly is on the verge of collapse my guess is it happens on Saturday. The World Cup will be starting so I'm sure there will be a lot more activity than normal.

Elon-era Twitter is definitely going to be taught in future classes on how to not run a business.

+21 more 
posted on Nov, 17 2022 @ 07:43 PM
link   
a reply to: Xcalibur254

LoL.

Perfect ploy to get the trash to take itself out.

I'm pretty sure twitter will be just fine.

+12 more 
posted on Nov, 17 2022 @ 07:49 PM
link   

Oh no! No more 4 hour work weeks!

It's literally violence!

link   
a reply to: JinMI

The managers don't seem to think so, as they're begging people to stay.

+8 more 
link   
Why does Twitter seem to matter to so many people?

I just don't get it.

posted on Nov, 17 2022 @ 07:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xcalibur254

Have the managers themselves resigned or taken severance?

Actions, not words.

This was a pretty clever scheme.

posted on Nov, 17 2022 @ 07:53 PM
link   

Did Musk not already fire a load of Twitter employees only to rehire them soon after.
edit on 17-11-2022 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 17 2022 @ 07:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: beyondknowledge

I just don't get it.

Because people got used to it being a safe space to have their opinions created for them. It's scary to have to think, apparently.

Twitter was their God, fact checking became gods son and the verified blue checks were the disciples.

Puts a different twist on "followers", right?🤔

posted on Nov, 17 2022 @ 08:26 PM
link   

I wish them all luck. Playtime's over kids. Time to go to work in the real word. Learn to code.

posted on Nov, 17 2022 @ 08:32 PM
link   

I just don't get it.

Twitter is actually an excellent source of breaking news. We are talking up to 24 hours earlier than mainstream sometimes.

Unfortunately that’s probably going bye bye. Tik Tok is eager to take it’s place.

posted on Nov, 17 2022 @ 08:37 PM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm

Good luck finding anything real on Tik Tok.

posted on Nov, 17 2022 @ 08:37 PM
link   

They just need to turn it into 4chan already.

posted on Nov, 17 2022 @ 08:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: andy06shake

Did Musk not already fire a load of Twitter employees only to rehire them soon after.

Are you referring to Mr. Ligma, and Mr. Johnson?

Yes that was so unfortunate...
What kind of monster fires someone right before the holidays?

One of the 10 best trolls ever. People still believe it...

posted on Nov, 17 2022 @ 08:41 PM
link   

Ill pay you 100 dollars if Twitter isnt around next year, I know you leftists since you shifted from LOVING Elon to literally calling him a fascist because he doesnt regurgitate your narratives, reallllly want him to fail

Alas it is not to be

posted on Nov, 17 2022 @ 08:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: Hypntick

They just need to turn it into 4chan already.

I see that a lot on there and it only comes from people with pronouns and ukranian flags in their profiles, I wonder why?

posted on Nov, 17 2022 @ 09:03 PM
link   

Yesterday Elon gave all the employees of Twitter an ultimatum. They can either stay on to help him build Twitter 2.0, warning it would involve very long hours, be very intense, and remote work would no longer be allowed, or they can resign and get three months severance. He gave them until 5 pm today to make their decision.

Based on Twitter posts and internal Slack messages, hundreds of the remaining 3700 have chosen to resign including enter teams.

According to some that have chosen to remain, some of the teams that have left were critical to the stability of the site. They've warned that the whole site could break at any moment. As a result the hashtag #RIPTwitter is now trending.

In response to the mass exodus Elon has revoked badge access to all employees and has closed the offices until at least next Tuesday.

If he site truly is on the verge of collapse my guess is it happens on Saturday. The World Cup will be starting so I'm sure there will be a lot more activity than normal.

Elon-era Twitter is definitely going to be taught in future classes on how to not run a business.

Yeah, he told the entitled cry babies: No more free lunch. You have to come into the office. You have to work 40 hour weeks. And they threw GenZ fits. Seriously. All he needs to do is put our job opportunities immediately and let GenXers and barely but older millennials apply and get this # back on track.
edit on 2022 by shaemac because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 17 2022 @ 09:05 PM
link   

I just don't get it.

Best place to put out information to the most amount of people - really fast.
Forgo MSM and that is where world citizen journalist are.

posted on Nov, 17 2022 @ 09:05 PM
link   
So we are less than 3 years removed from shutting down thousands of small businesses and I'm supposed to care about Twitter, why exactly?

edit on 17-11-2022 by putnam6 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 17 2022 @ 09:12 PM
link   
It must be a real shock for these employees,
maybe they should have listened to the WEF
guy talking about what was coming.

But instead, they took orders from a ding dong.

posted on Nov, 17 2022 @ 09:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: putnam6
So we are less than 3 years removed from shutting down thousands of small businesses and I'm supposed to care about Twitter, why exactly?

Especially when the entitled brats at Twat aided and abetted in that shutting down and keeping it that way.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join