It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What's The Matter

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 29 2022 @ 10:26 AM
link   
a reply to: NobodySpecial268

be the karma...

or my favorite, if karma is a bitch, I'm her PIMP...

posted on Nov, 30 2022 @ 03:55 AM
link   
a reply to: Terpene

Like in that movie? The Punisher ?

Hmmm, where would one begin, and where would the killing stop?

posted on Nov, 30 2022 @ 05:59 AM
link   

Baiting predators is fun...

They're not tasty, but the grease will fuel the lamp..
edit on 30-11-2022 by Terpene because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 30 2022 @ 06:36 AM
link   

The idea of taking matters into one's own hands is the oldest theme according to some.

The killings haven't stopped since?

Justice is revenge when perceived differently. 9/11 would be an example of wide reaching consequences due to perception around justice/revenge.

posted on Nov, 30 2022 @ 06:49 AM
link   

Careful what you wish for : )))))

Was that bait for me? Sorry I rarely take the bait these days. Stepped on more than my share of landmines.
edit on 30-11-2022 by NobodySpecial268 because: added : )

posted on Nov, 30 2022 @ 07:26 AM
link   
a reply to: RAY1990

Justice is revenge when perceived differently. 9/11 would be an example of wide reaching consequences due to perception around justice/revenge.

I cannot say how it is for others.

For me, it is a personal perspective. I have no concept any more of what "justice" might mean. Having seen too much cruelty inflicted unto others. I do know the meaning of "revenge" though. That is perhaps one of my very few "rules" ~ I never stand in the way of revenge. The only thing one achieves is to become someone's enemy.

That said, I don't practice it myself. I am content to make do with stopping, and making sure it stops. It is then "their" choice to walk away, or not. In tactics, it is never wise to corner, far wiser give them a way out. The way out will weaken them.

I spose it is from having a martial arts background.

The idea of taking matters into one's own hands is the oldest theme according to some.

In the context of ' taking matters into one's own hands' being wrong?

LOL. That's something for the human hierachial world. Would that still apply outside?

edit on 30-11-2022 by NobodySpecial268 because: clarity

posted on Nov, 30 2022 @ 07:40 AM
link   

oh, I'm just dragging a bait here... pretending to be easy prey will attract them, if they don't head the warning at the gate, they're in for a ride all the way to the sun
hardly my first tango...

edit on 30-11-2022 by Terpene because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 30 2022 @ 07:43 AM
link   

Ya'll get tired of it sooner or later, I can't really be f'd these days.

posted on Nov, 30 2022 @ 07:55 AM
link   

I enjoy spending time on the fire too, I figured it needs rules and fuels for all to be cozy. so no, I'm not actively hunting, that is indeed a waste of energy, I'll let them come to me, some are good company, and they're there out of need, but there are the others too. I was annoyed by getting them out just so they would sneak back in, at some point I said enough as it was taking up too much time and energy keeping my fire pit fun and implemented more final solutions, the sun is when I'm all stoked up and not in the mood of, grinding, pressing, and filtering, to get the juice out.

posted on Nov, 30 2022 @ 08:03 AM
link   

Was that bait for me?

not in any way. I haven't figured out how to craft individual baits. I don't think you're a predator, your way of communicating is open and honest... Predators, like to ravel in one's innocence. They love to have you chase your own tail, they know exactly where you stand and will try and make you stumble...
ATS is a great place to fish...it attracts prey and predators likewise...

posted on Nov, 30 2022 @ 10:26 AM
link   

The scales of justice look different for everyone I'd imagine, that's why I picked 9/11 because there's various opinions and emotions associated with that event.

I'd like to say cause and effect is greater than any human concept of good and bad. Seems the lines between justice and revenge can be blurred too.

Idk, I boil it down and find it all to be conflict personally.

In the context of ' taking matters into one's own hands' being wrong?

I was thinking apples and rocks lol.

I'm not sure if it applies to the animal kingdom but I never disliked the story of the ghost and the darkness, maybe too much human perception and interpretation was applied to that story?

I know dogs have memory and opinions, birds and cats too. I can't say for certain they practice revenge but they do act mighty funny at times.

Elsewhere? Not a clue.

Such things might be a totally human concept.

posted on Dec, 1 2022 @ 12:40 AM
link   
What a busy evening, it works every time...

posted on Dec, 1 2022 @ 02:44 AM
link   

it works every time...

Not any more : )

posted on Dec, 1 2022 @ 03:59 AM
link   
a reply to: RAY1990 & Terpene

. . . the story of the ghost and the darkness

I don't know the story, so I read the synopsis. People start disappearing from their tents whilst building a bridge in Kenya. Lions are blamed and a hunter is called in . . .

That reminds me of something that happened a few years ago. A story of (attempted) Premeditated Murder Most Foul!

A true story that happened in my own front driveway one fine sunny afternoon.

Gathered on the front verandah my family and I watched in horror as a our beloved family cat was cold bloodedly lured onto the road by none other than . . .

. . . a small bird.

Meet the willy wagtail of the Australian outback. Lively little birds that chase insects in the air, hovering and looping in pursuit of their prey. Bold little things that will land upon the table and chatter noisily at arm's length.

Do not be deceived by the innocent look good people. Behind the little bird eyes lays a murderous mind.

One fateful day, our family cat was sleeping peacefully in our driveway, innocently enjoying the afternoon sunshine. Above, not a meter in the air, hovered the willy wagtail, chattering loudly. Swoop after swoop, our beloved cat ingored the the taunts, ignored the bait.

Landing a meter or two away from the now awakened cat, the bird strutted and chattered. Who knows what insults were hurled that day.

Understandably annoyed, our cat stood up glarring at the bird, and took a few steps forward. With that the bird took to the air and swooped over and over.

Our cat would advance slowly towards the bird is if to say "please go away," and each time the bird took to the air and landed again. Each time closer and closer to the road.

As we watched this strange behaviour unfold, the realisation of what was happening began to dawn upon us. The bird was luring the cat towards the road.

The confirmation came when the cat was upon the road. It was then that the bird flew into a nearby tree chattering. That was also when the cat layed down upon the road to watch the bird.

That was also the moment my daughter went and picked up her cat before he was run over.

Behold the evil that is the willy wagtail.

The moral of the story is: it is probably wiser to ignore the bait.

edit on 1-12-2022 by NobodySpecial268 because: neatness

posted on Dec, 1 2022 @ 08:35 AM
link   

Personal experiences will always contain more than theories and stories we hear!

I wonder what grudges that wagtail held in it's mind?

I'm not a fan of stereotypes, I'm always proven wrong with them. Your story reminds me of a crazy rook magpie I had the pleasure to know.

There was a bit of a mystery going on years ago when I was volunteering on some gardens, basically wood pigeons were showing up in a large area without their heads. I suspected a peregrine falcon that was hunting the area but I was perplexed why it was leaving good food.

I saw that peregrine make 2 kills within 20 ft of me before my garden experiences and I knew it was good at it's job, anyways...

One day in the gardens this magpie lands on a fence 10 ft away from me, this crazed bird was a mess and had chunks missing, feathers sticking out which instantly made you think crazy and had all of 3-4 tail feathers left.

It didn't leave a good impression and I considered scaring it off before it breaks my solitude (I loved those gardens) but the next thing I know it jumps at me and lands on my rake! Barely had time to finish my thoughts! From there it hopped onto some soil I dug and proceeded to fill it's belly with worms.

This went on for a while and I made a little friend, as I mentioned my friend to others I started getting stories back that painted the little magpie into a bad light. Apparently this little nutter didn't like small dogs, harassed rabbits and chases wood pigeons.

I didn't necessarily believe what others were telling me but my buddy did bring me the occasion gift, milk bottle lids and other shiny stuff. One day... He dropped a wood pigeons head.

I'm not sure there's a moral to my story, that bird was lovely to me but a monster for others.

I might have seen it a couple of years ago relaxing and playing with a black cat. Could've been any old rook I guess but the companionship on display was mesmerising and reminded me of my little buddy

edit on 1-12-2022 by RAY1990 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 1 2022 @ 08:46 AM
link   

The moral of the story is: it is probably wiser to ignore the bait.

You right, but try telling that to a starving dog...

posted on Dec, 1 2022 @ 08:58 AM
link   

Falcons are the absolute worst. They are one of the few or even the only bird to pray on other birds in flight.... Very skilled.

posted on Dec, 1 2022 @ 10:53 AM
link   

Both the kills I saw were mid flight.

The first was a swallow, didn't even seem to slow down it just plucked it out of the sky and swooped away at crazy speeds.

2nd time was in my garden, me and a friend were watching a small bird acting weird in a bush a few feet away, as we watched a wood pigeon came down to land on the fence from a nearby roof.

As we distractingly looked at the pigeon the falcon swooped down, did a one 180° around a hedge and plucked the pigeon.

The last one I'll always remember, when I put it together in my head I realised the peregrine planned every inch of the hunt. The speed, the U-turn... It predicted where the pigeon would be.

I have some luck at times lol
edit on 1-12-2022 by RAY1990 because: (no reason given)

edit on 1-12-2022 by RAY1990 because: Clarity/spelling

posted on Dec, 1 2022 @ 10:55 AM
link   

I like birds.

posted on Dec, 1 2022 @ 11:03 AM
link   
a reply to: Peeple

Same

I find them more predictable than people despite some wild experiences, any animals really.

In the UK 'wild' is a bit of a myth too... Apparently.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join