It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

European Internet Cables Cut

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+11 more 
posted on Oct, 24 2022 @ 12:21 AM
link   
The situation with European internet infrastructure seems to be worse than i thought. First there was 2 seperate cable damage in British waters near Shetland islands, then come several cable cut`s in France . The occurrence of all these happening all in relative short time point`s to sabotage , just like what happen with NorthStream gas pipelines also not so long ago.

Here is what all has happened so far lately , that has been reported by media.

Damaged cable leaves Shetland cut off from mainland

French police is investigating multiple coordinated cuts to fiber-optic cables in Marseille, cutting the city off from other cities in France and Europe as internet and phone services have been severely disrupted.

Subsea cables cut in French waters, Russian sabotage suspected

Russ ian ‘research’ ship sails close to Shetland after undersea cables were mysteriously cut

French police probe multiple cuts of major internet cables

Serious incident involving CUT underwater cables in South of France affects internet worldwide

European undersea communications cables were severed on Wednesday

Damaged European undersea cables impact internet connectivity worldwide

It`s starting to look like undersea World has become battlefield ?

posted on Oct, 24 2022 @ 12:33 AM
link   
a reply to: Kenzo

The citizens in those locations have no internet now? Millions of people cut-off?

posted on Oct, 24 2022 @ 12:39 AM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

I think the internet still mostly works probably, they can re-route connections similarly like in electricity lines to some degree, but the occurrance of these events is disturbing. What happens if more cables will be cut? can they anymore get the connections then re-routed...

posted on Oct, 24 2022 @ 01:05 AM
link   
the west relies on its tech so its an ovious weakness i'm just surprised its taken this long to start happening but convenient as the west starts to implode in on itself..

as always a silver lining for both extremes..

posted on Oct, 24 2022 @ 01:09 AM
link   
my question, is there a main hub that all the countries around the world connected to?

because every time this thing happens its under the sea and cuts off a country or more

or is this just a direct connection between continents

posted on Oct, 24 2022 @ 01:15 AM
link   
a reply to: Dr UAE

there is a map..

submarine cable map

the link points are the hubs and you can see the main hub countries..
edit on 24-10-2022 by nickyw because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 24 2022 @ 01:21 AM
link   
a reply to: Dr UAE

The internet cable network is big and complex itself, i am no expert but i think there is no central hub, and all the individual networks run using same internet protocols .

Internet Protocol

And cable maps :

Submarine Cable Map

Submarine Cable Map 2022

posted on Oct, 24 2022 @ 01:24 AM
link   
a reply to: nickyw

Most likely west will invest a lot to new technology for protecting the internet infra , surveillance , robots etc..

They should done that this years ago.

posted on Oct, 24 2022 @ 01:30 AM
link   

It will interesting to learn who possibly did this, and why.

posted on Oct, 24 2022 @ 01:38 AM
link   
What I find interesting about this is that it is France. Why would Russia target France? However, I have been seeing some reports about huge demonstrations regarding cost of living which don't seem to be the big world news they should be, as mainstream seems to be ignoring it, so could this be French or NWO sabotage to control any avenue for news getting out? Are the authorities about to do very heavy handed moves they don't want the rest of the planet to know about? Or is this to stop the French people being able to communicate and coordinate? Or is this to try and control other countries so as not to be inspired into an uprising while Russia becomes the perfect scapegoat?
Just a thought.

posted on Oct, 24 2022 @ 01:41 AM
link   

It is a part of the modern world that can not in practice be defended. Just another vulnerability.Like cell phone towers and central electrical supply hubs.

posted on Oct, 24 2022 @ 01:45 AM
link   

Now sure can they ever really find out who .

posted on Oct, 24 2022 @ 01:49 AM
link   

I dunno.

When I think about who seems to be trying to increasingly restrict my personal access to information, eliminate sites that don't follow the correct political ideology, and punish people for online commentary, Russia isn't the first one that comes to mind.

For some reason it's a conspiracy to talk about all the food production facilities destroyed being connected or how there might be a causitive agent behind healthy young people dropping dead from cardiac events.

Cutting off the Internet during demonstrations against European governments pushing woke climate ideals and an imminent bank failure seems far more aligned with the same agenda that benefits from some other current events. Like destroying food infrastructure ushering in dependence on alternative food sources, normalizing unquestioning compliance with medical mandates preparing the masses to mass trial the building block technology for the life-extension they openly lust for, and furthering the elimination of fossil fuels to drive independent small scale industry out of business creating total dependence on megacorps.

I wonder if there are any organizations who's agenda is furthered by all these things?

posted on Oct, 24 2022 @ 01:55 AM
link   
a reply to: CthulhuMythos

Well France has been giving military aid for Ukraine, as did Germany and UK also . Drones also detected in Norway lately says news...

I dont know who done ....

It`s good to keep all options open, we dont know who . We should allways remember 9/11 inside job also as an example .
edit on 24-10-2022 by Kenzo because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 24 2022 @ 02:09 AM
link   
a reply to: Ksihkehe

This would be quite easy to do itself, as the cables are in remote places and could be sabotaged in privacy .

Now days several countrys have Starlink internet access also thought, i dont know is France one of the places....so if it,is cutting cables would not stop all internet or information .

And what about China , France has been going more to anti-China alliance in the Pacific..

France joins anti-China coalition, sends nuclear submarine to South China Sea

Growing anti-China alliance in Indo-Pacific a boon for French-Aussie relations

posted on Oct, 24 2022 @ 02:19 AM
link   
You'd think there'd be naval patrols along those cable routes and whoever is cutting them would be intercepted, or at the least dissuaded from doing it.

A lot of nations with a lot of navy ships, none are at war, so what are the ships doing on deployment?

I think it's obviously Russia getting back at the west with asymmetrical warfare for supplying Ukraine and imposing sanctions. This rabbit hole must run very deep and that notion is scary. Maybe WWIII is inevitible despite being so pointless.
edit on CDT02Mon, 24 Oct 2022 02:21:59 -050000000010b2022 by Thrumbo because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 24 2022 @ 02:40 AM
link   
a reply to: Thrumbo

Well Russia is the main suspect if i had to choose.

I agree we are getting to dangerous direction here, destroying other countrys communication infrastructure is not light issue. I dont know how much exactly countrys have naval ships to controll all the critical areas.

Russia has had long time many special mission submarines , they have small fleet those .

posted on Oct, 24 2022 @ 03:10 AM
link   
The Shetlands island cable was accidentally cut by a worker.
edit on 24-10-2022 by Soloprotocol because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 24 2022 @ 03:19 AM
link   
a reply to: Soloprotocol

Is that 100% verified ?

During WW2 the British government initially blamed the V2 rocket explosions on ruptured gas mains, even though the public had found unexplained long shards of metal post-explosion.

Devastating V2 Rocket Attack on Woolworths, New Cross, London

posted on Oct, 24 2022 @ 03:28 AM
link   
Cutting off the communications is standard practice in preparations for war. If there is a coordinated attack like this, then it is by a force that does not have control of the ISP's in the country. If you wake up one day with all the media and internet down then likely a government action to help suppress some really bad news going on somewhere nearby.

Cut one or two, won't do much as the internet is designed to work around these breakdowns. Cut a lot of them, then any local traffic trying to get out will act like a DoS attack as too much traffic is pushed into too small of a space.

There will be some work arounds for those with access to satellite connections.

<<   2  3  4 >>

join