It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

European Internet Cables Cut

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 24 2022 @ 01:10 PM
link   
a reply to: Bishop2199

Yeeh, well this happened few days earlyer i think, so the status now may look normal if they fix it allready .

This site from France at least mention some issues , when it happened

European cable cut may impact transoceanic routes

There was other sabotage in France earlyer this Year, someone is doing it, but who ?

posted on Oct, 24 2022 @ 01:35 PM
link   

"We know that the Russian Navy has been interested in severing undersea cables since before the start of the Russo-Ukraine War. It is my belief that this may have been a dry run for Russia to test a larger attack against undersea cables linking Europe with England and with North America."
a reply to: Kenzo

Express.co.uk

The article points out that the other cable severed at the Shetlands was most likely cause by a fishing vessel.

While the damage to the south subsea cable off the Shetland Isles was believed to be caused accidentally by a fishing vessel, the fact that there were two incidents in one day has also raised suspicions.

The timing does make you wonder.

My thoughts are that this is a definitely a dry-run by Russia to sever communications in the West in preparation for a large-scale conflict. They are just working the bugs out for a larger deployment of communication disruption.

posted on Oct, 24 2022 @ 01:47 PM
link   

That`s it , a dry-run
Good insight , and it`s indeed worrying .

posted on Oct, 24 2022 @ 01:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bishop2199
a reply to: Kenzo

If we focus on France, we see website outages of around 235 and timeouts down to less than 1%.

So, if they are trying to disrupt Internet communications in Europe, specifically France, their methods have not been very effective.

well thats good news
but as mentioned I can't help wonder if this is just the practice round.

thanks Kenzo for all the linx.
this should be much bigger news than it is, imho.

posted on Oct, 24 2022 @ 02:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kenzo

That`s it , a dry-run
Good insight , and it`s indeed worrying .

Well, that's if you can have a dry-run under water . . .

posted on Oct, 24 2022 @ 02:31 PM
link   

Indeed

posted on Oct, 24 2022 @ 02:39 PM
link   
a reply to: ElGoobero

Yeeh makes wonder , if something happen , this or that...do they even necessarily publish it in the media. And if not, the current situation might be worse than we even know ?

Why would they let us peasants to know....since people would just panic , and go buy all toiletpapers.

So let us buy the toilet paper now shall we

posted on Oct, 24 2022 @ 07:08 PM
link   
As far as undersea cables go there will still be internet access within a region that's been cut off, between different regions the connection may be interrupted or slowed as the connections will have to be routed through a region that's still connected or via satellite.

It's actually pretty hard to completely disconnect a region from the rest of the world. It's doable, but usually only by a country's government as it would require the cooperation of ISPs in the region, and even then access to the internet is still possible via alternative measures.

A lone hacker, group of hackers, or sabateur may be able to screw with the internet to a degree for a short amount of time, but damaging undersea cables can usually only be done easily by the portion of cabling before it enters the water, and even then it's usually repaired rather quickly.

posted on Oct, 25 2022 @ 03:08 AM
link   
"Russian Sabatoge expected"

😂😂😂😂😂

Literally made me lol and anybody who believes this is a mindless MSM follower

posted on Oct, 25 2022 @ 03:15 AM
link   
Reminds me of when all the media and every follower were saying Russia planted drugs on Britney Griner to arrest her and put her in jail (like she's some important figure and more important then the tens of thousands of other American citizens traveling to Russia or living/working/visiting in Russia at the time), just for her to come out and admit the drugs did belong to her and she forgot she had them in her luggage

edit on 25-10-2022 by MisguidedAngel because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 25 2022 @ 08:02 AM
link   

edit on 10/25/2022 by TheRedneck because: Removed for Spam

posted on Oct, 25 2022 @ 01:24 PM
link   
Aren't there a few non-state actors to consider here?

You know, that guy that didn't kill himself and his Old lady who's been in jail for a few months now.

Didn't they have some kind of far reaching operation, with significant naval experience and investments?

posted on Oct, 25 2022 @ 02:12 PM
link   
Sigh
I lost internet connection today, or it was lost when i wake up today.... ( main connection ,wired )

Had to change modem and cables for now, tired of all this work today . Funny when i Yesterday write this thread and then lost internet just after that

What is the internet sabotage hot line number
Just kidding...i think my outdoor modem just get broken.
edit on 25-10-2022 by Kenzo because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 25 2022 @ 03:13 PM
link   
Things like this make Musks satellites even more needed. One is an accident. Two is a coincidence. This is some type of coordinated action.

posted on Oct, 25 2022 @ 04:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: matafuchs
Things like this make Musks satellites even more needed. One is an accident. Two is a coincidence. This is some type of coordinated action.

I guess that gives Musk a pretty good motive 😉

posted on Oct, 25 2022 @ 04:13 PM
link   
wonder what the components resale value v costs of retrieval for undersea cabling is?
You have a boat and some bored friends with time.

posted on Oct, 26 2022 @ 05:03 AM
link   
European Internet Cables Cut

So Google,Facebook, and Twitter won't be able to send them propaganda.

Is that such a bad thing?

posted on Oct, 26 2022 @ 05:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: matafuchs

That's when China and Russia launch ASAT weapons at them.

posted on Oct, 26 2022 @ 07:06 AM
link   
a reply to: Ksihkehe

You would think they would be monitoring these critical infrastructure points.

No cameras? No sensors? No military protocols?

posted on Oct, 26 2022 @ 07:08 AM
link   
a reply to: matafuchs

Exactly. I wonder if people can now see the role he plays.

Destroy the old cables. Replace with new satellites.

The parasitic system.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join