It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lolz about electric vehicles

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 12 2022 @ 01:28 PM
link   
a reply to: Bluntone22
Yeah sorry it's 270kW chargers but I had them reduced to 250kW because of the power lines and transformer station should all three be in use and the PV system is not delivering enough, the transformer could get damaged, I keep forgetting it. But that's a local issue because transformers come in different sizes and I originally had 2x270kW but had one added.

A charging station would need over 300 amps at 800 volts to charge in 20 minutes.. a standard is only 200 amps at 240 volts.

With the difference that it's not at 0% and 20 mins is up to 80% so your calculation is a bit off. I am not at home/shop currently and will not in the next weeks but remind me about this and I photograph you the specs directly from the charger. I very seldom charge above 80% and still get the ranges I wrote, easy. So the manufacture numbers are very close to real life.

edit on 12.10.2022 by TDDAgain because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 12 2022 @ 01:30 PM
link   
Can you post your finance paperwork?
I can't stop giggling about the price and range.
I need an intervention, I'm gonna get the hiccups.
You could blur your name out first.
Please help!!

posted on Oct, 12 2022 @ 01:32 PM
link   
a reply to: Mandroid7

No, you take me out of context because you can not loose and can not let go.

The OP is not about my car, it's about the current tech. I repeat, the OP is not about my car but the current tech.

That you think this is bragging, IDK what to say. I also never said "you are all poor drunks / druggies", I wrote with others examples too, that people spend their money different. But I guess at this point you just want to read what you want to read. You don't know me personal, if you would and knew how I live my life, you would not have written this.

I'll lol as I pass you at your "charging station" or roadside lithium fire party.

That's what I expect from people with your attitude. Someone having a hard day or even life in danger and you laugh about it

Very mature.

posted on Oct, 12 2022 @ 01:35 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 12 2022 @ 01:37 PM
link   
Why should I post my finance paperwork? Now that you have no more technical arguments left, you need to bash on the price.

A price that starts at 88k. Go figure what the first driveable ICE car with compareable performance cost, when they were in their early years. Is that above your cerebral capabilities or are you just in for trolling?

See, I gave you a way to opt out of stupidity, the rest is your choice.

posted on Oct, 12 2022 @ 01:54 PM
link   
a reply to: TDDAgain

My cerebral capabilities?
No offense guy, but your purchase price is highly relevant.
It is a stupid purchase.
Period
Opt yourself out of stupidity and quit running your whiny little mouth.
No one cares about your over-compensation issues.
You should probably throw a couple g's towards one of those lithium fire blankets, sparky.

posted on Oct, 12 2022 @ 01:55 PM
link   

I guess my point was that 99% of households couldn't have that ability to charge their car without extensive modifications to not only their electric panel but to the power lines feeding the house.

Just imagine a neighborhood where everyone comes home and plugs in their cars. The lines would melt....😂

Lots of needed upgrades

posted on Oct, 12 2022 @ 02:00 PM
link   

You realise you're arguing with a woman about buying a feminine sports car?

I like Porsche in general, i had a Cayman a few years back as a toy. They drive great, are very reliable and hold value extremely well.

posted on Oct, 12 2022 @ 02:00 PM
link   
a reply to: network dude

I really understand you, I was into drag racing with inline 6 cyl around and beyond 1000HP in outlaw classes and did hill climb events, I understand you completely about all the things an ICE invokes. The noise, the rumble, the smell, the heat and sweat.

It's a different kind of emotions with capable EVs, just incredible agile and fast. It has it's own noise that I first disliked but now I do not want to miss it now. I still enjoy ICE cars like you described and built one up to 1380hp (depends) because I would never want to miss out on this. ICE will always win my heart, I wrote this in another thread two years ago when I bought the EV and was just blown away by the performance.

I may not convince you but you would never forget a launch in a car like that. But oh hey, I stop now because it's not possible to marvel about technical feats and engineering, it's then "bragging". Not addressed at you, though.

posted on Oct, 12 2022 @ 02:03 PM
link   
a reply to: Bluntone22

Yes, granted, nobody including myself will charge an EV with 250kW at home. It's only possible at my shop.

On the other side... how many people do you know that fuel up their ICE at home? I am not talking farm equipment or similar. I think if we try to compare both EV and ICE, we should take that into consideration.

But originally this thread was not about what is better. It was about people that have no clue and are stuck in 2010 when it's about EV. And boy I triggered a few by creating it lol.

posted on Oct, 12 2022 @ 02:05 PM
link   

I guess after all that is your personal opinion and all that is left. I know you have a strong opinion in general, so I don't fault you for being learning resistant. Like a resistor but for knowledge.

posted on Oct, 12 2022 @ 02:14 PM
link   
a reply to: Grenade
I had a Cayman 918 GT4 RS for a short time earlier this year, did not own it though.

Mandroid is just not getting over the price and that people are willing to spend that amount of money. I built up a R33 GTR beyond 1000HP with my bare hands over the course of ten years with blood, sweat, tears and a lot of cussing, sold it heavy hearted for an outrageous price I could not say no to and got a great deal on the Taycan.

If we consider I could have just destroyed the R33 almost anytime boost comes up and all the money down the drain, now I drive this EV for almost two years and could not be happier and get (almost) the same out of it...

Besides I could sell it now and even make money on top. But what do I know about cars *rolls eyes*. But shush, we can not talk about things like this because then we are not two adults talking about higher priced toys, it's like, rubbing it into others faces. We would need to meet in some kind of underground location and whisper.

posted on Oct, 12 2022 @ 02:17 PM
link   

Lol, you do realize OP is a she right?

And not even American, so it’s a bit different when you live in Europe and can get German cars cheaper there, especially if you’re in the industry.

Some people make their livelihoods in the car business, so it makes sense to have a nice car.

How much difference is it if someone has a 60k car or an 80k truck? How many of people with an 80k truck don’t even use it for truck stuff?

Grow up, you look silly when all of your assumptions about someone online are wrong and you’re not even debating the topic but rather a person you have no clue about.

posted on Oct, 12 2022 @ 02:18 PM
link   

Oh, concern trolling now?
Thanks for your concern and your youthful experience.
Such a new knowledge you've brought forth, it definitely hasn't been around since 1896.
...Along with giant gas tanks at our farm houses as well, you above IQ millennial.

Are you going to get to the point of your thread?
What's this techno breakthrough you need to show us?
Your Porche?

posted on Oct, 12 2022 @ 02:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: Mandroid7
Yeah op, but what if you like women?
What do you do then?

Wow. You found a couple of battery fires. Congrats.

Item: How many gas car fires per year?
Answer: 5,000. one per every 19 million miles driven
Item: How many Tesla fires ever?
Answer: As many as 300. One per every 205 million miles driven
Conclusion: Teslas catch on fire.

I like women just fine, and they are about 10 times safer in a Tesla.

posted on Oct, 12 2022 @ 02:27 PM
link   
a reply to: CriticalStinker

Don't promote crybully posts.
You open a post talking smack, don't cry when there are smack talking responses.
Does that make sense, or make me look silly?
It is as stupid as a Honda vs Trucks 4chan thread.
Furthermore, who cares if she's a girl?
Are you saying girls can't defend themselves?
She's doing a great job.
Or, am I off-base and you are a teslidian too?

posted on Oct, 12 2022 @ 02:30 PM
link   
a reply to: CriticalStinker

Thank you, I thought it should be clear what my job is by nauseatingly repeating it whenever it's about cars or engines.

Oh the wonder, someone specialized and with a name in race car modifications invests into a nice EV not only for personal acceleration addiction satisfaction but to see what the future brings. And kind of making a statement as you don't drive a # up car (like my ICE daily lol) with a customer group that buys customized race cars.

*throws up hands*

I guess I am just stupid and do not know how financials or the world works. Very obviously, I have a case of buyers remorse. And I am not allowed to marvel about nice cars and rant on idiotic viewpoints brainlessly lent from even more moronic morons.

lol

posted on Oct, 12 2022 @ 02:34 PM
link   

I don't cry, I laugh at your weak attempts and shallow mindset. Grow up. Did I trigger you with the OP? You took it personal, right? Can't imagine it any other way.

That or you're just in a mood for arguing back and forth.

Teslidian. That says it all. Prejudice and no idea what you talk about is a bad mix. Don't blame incompetence on me. And what a cheap try at girls can't defend themselves. Stinker knows very well that I can defend myself. He just knows a bit more about me than most of you and was so kind to point some facts out to you.

posted on Oct, 12 2022 @ 02:45 PM
link   

Well the basis of parts of your arguments were constructed around OP being a dude and trying to act as if Porsche is feminine.

Look at the forum, it’s rant. OP had a rant directed at how ideology has overtaken a new technology. They laid out a lot of points and counter points.

Focus on the ball, not the player. Aside from it being courteous, it’s also more pragmatic to proving a point. Do you think you’re going to convince people of your idea if you’re berating them? No. We all get snark and rob each other from time to time around here, but you’re not even proving a point… just talking in circles.

posted on Oct, 12 2022 @ 02:47 PM
link   

I've enjoyed sparring with you, so thanks.
I am a massive gearhead too.
Cars, boats, superbikes, dirtbikes, 600hp jetskiis, you name it.
I'm glad you like your ride, it sounds fun.
I like giving you guys crap.
It's currently faster than my suv.
I drive a 500hp jeep srt now, it will be 1400 whp soon. Whipple and some internals.
It's specs are nice.
33mpg in 4cylinder mode(claimed 17)
0-60 4 sec
7200 lb tow rating
Almost 600 mile range loaded w ac on
5 min recharge rate. Sorry couldn't resist.
Get some videos up soon and stay safe at those speeds,
idiots will jump out in front of you.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join