It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Something is happening in Kherson/Ukraine

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 17 2022 @ 07:06 PM
link   
It appears Russian units are engaging something in Kherson as of yet only speculation

It could by Kadyrov troops firing at lampposts again
It could be a surprise Ukrainian Counter Offensive
It could be Partisans
It could be a False Flag or propaganda

Still unclear

My understand is Ukraine doesnt want to go into Kherson destrying it, but would rather flank and cross the Dnipro further up toward Metilpol

More

After the strikes, in the area of ​​the Petrovsky factory in Kherson locals heard automatic bursts, heavy machine guns and grenade explosions. Most likely the Russians decided to shoot a video story for their propaganda.🤷‍♂️
#Kherson #Ukraine

Russian forces have been fighting with something in Kherson city for a bit now, reportedly near the central train station

VIDEO/THREAD

another source
VIDEO

Certainly the misdirection and Fog of War is heavy on this particular incident on both sides which leads me to believe it could be an actual surprise offensive, we'll see

edit on 17-9-2022 by TritonTaranis because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 17 2022 @ 07:21 PM
link   
Maybe the 20,000 trapped ruZZian troops inside are attempting a break out or are starting to turn on each other...

Given how long they've been cut off and trapped it must be getting hellish in there for them. Given OPSEC is still up for the Ukrainians doubt we'll find out until its all over.
edit on 17-9-2022 by BigfootNZ because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 17 2022 @ 07:23 PM
link   
a reply to: TritonTaranis

Gun fire and explosions in a warzone, but nobody knows why.

I will update my whiteboard with this critical development.

posted on Sep, 17 2022 @ 07:35 PM
link   

It looked pretty small scale with good video placement in an empty urban metro area (late at night).

I'd guess "Kadyrov troops firing at lampposts again", possibly instigated by 'partisans' tossing a vacuum tube that made a scary sound.

posted on Sep, 17 2022 @ 08:00 PM
link   

wagner shooting at prisoners who are making a break for it.

posted on Sep, 17 2022 @ 08:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ksihkehe

Gun fire and explosions in a warzone, but nobody knows why.

I will update my whiteboard with this critical development.

Kherson is an otherwise untouched major Ukraine city under Russian occupation

It’s probably the biggest target on the chess board for Ukraine to retake

It is definitely worth updating your chalk board

posted on Sep, 17 2022 @ 08:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: BernnieJGato

wagner shooting at prisoners who are making a break for it.

Lol actually probable

Update from a telegram

RIA Novosti: "In the center of Kherson, according to preliminary data, the liquidation of a DRG (Sabotage Reconnaissance/Intelligence group) is underway, there is no "breakthrough" of Ukrainian forces into the region, RIA Novosti was told in the emergency services of the region"

posted on Sep, 17 2022 @ 08:11 PM
link   

i'd say a very good chance.
how can they think prisoners are actually gonna stay and fight. bet it's it's better than 50/50 that they can get away in Ukraine, 85/15 in russia.

plus wagner got to have people watching them 24/7, that takes away their effectiveness in a firefight. plus who's to say the prisoners won't try to frag the mercs.

posted on Sep, 17 2022 @ 08:13 PM
link   

Perhaps Ukrainian resistance groups stepped up their activities intending to tire down Russian forces, so they aren't available for front-line duties. But, of course, the Russians might be slaughtering the local population as a parting gift to Kherson.

posted on Sep, 17 2022 @ 08:15 PM
link   
a reply to: BernnieJGato

All the great wagner jokes (truths) aside, I haven't seen any reports that wags were operating in that area, and wags are generally a whole lot better trained & equipped (doubt the prisoner corp will be though) than what we saw in the video.

edit on 17-9-2022 by MidnightWatcher because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 17 2022 @ 08:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: BernnieJGato

i'd say a very good chance.
how can they think prisoners are actually gonna stay and fight. bet it's it's better than 50/50 that they can get away in Ukraine, 85/15 in russia.

plus wagner got to have people watching them 24/7, that takes away their effectiveness in a firefight. plus who's to say the prisoners won't try to frag the mercs.

It’s just crazy how Russia broadcast that it was using prisoners and sending them straight into the battle, how embarrassing

I think they maybe looking for a cover to safeguard Russias post war well earned genocidal image/name tag, we’ll have the pro Russia far right and the tankies saying, oh it wasn’t Russia who committed genocide it was Wagner and prisoners, Russia is a saint, honestly, they were just defending themselves lol

posted on Sep, 17 2022 @ 09:15 PM
link   
The vehicle in video was APC.

That was a recon unit that was in Kherson.

That wasn't a far right partisan.

posted on Sep, 17 2022 @ 09:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: vNex92

Would a recon unit go 23km+ inside the enemy front lines and 7km+ into a enemy held city? (unless i misinterpreted what you just said).

My moneys on a sabotage cell got found or something similar. Their firing at an angle and some return fire comes back at a similar angle so somethings in a building close by more than likely, most of the buildings appear to be at least 3 stores high in other vids and in the presumed location the video is being taken according to google maps.

Could be anything really... maybe they are starting to see ghosts lol.

posted on Sep, 17 2022 @ 09:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: vNex92

The first russian APC with 'O' painted on the back parked on the side of the street and shooting at a 'target' well above street level, or the 2nd vehicle the video cuts to with no markings but has a license plate attached and headlights turned on driving down a completely different street and shooting even higher into the air?

Which of those sound like Ukrainian recon to you?

Or were they shooting at small drones or something?

Also, did the guy say the 2nd vehicle was rosvgardia?

That would answer the question about whether they were wags.

edit on 17-9-2022 by MidnightWatcher because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 17 2022 @ 09:53 PM
link   
a reply to: MidnightWatcher

I think its a building outside where the APC's are parked, theres some big gun further down the street near the white car behind the trees that looks like its firing towards the APCs location (based on the muzzle flash), at the same thing they are shooting...

Edit:- hmmm saw a comment mentioning that on Telegram there was reports it was kadyrov vs regular ruZZian troops after they tried to seize a train to flee the city lol... granted nothing like sowing some confusion on an enemy social media platform when the opportunity arises.

posted on Sep, 17 2022 @ 10:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: BigfootNZ

I think its a building outside where the APC's are parked, theres some big gun further down the street near the white car behind the trees that looks like its firing towards the APCs location (based on the muzzle flash), at the same thing they are shooting...

Edit:- hmmm saw a comment mentioning that on Telegram there was reports it was kadyrov vs regular ruZZian troops after they tried to seize a train to flee the city lol... granted nothing like sowing some confusion on an enemy social media platform when the opportunity arises.

That make more sense with the available evidence, but who knows, I just don't see any indications of (or reasons for) Ukrainian recon at this point in time at that location, and haven't seen any reports of wags being in the area.

ETA:

I just saw a much longer video of this shootout on the Enforcer stream.

Someone unseen is definitely shooting back at the russians from an elevated position with heavy machine guns.

That mostly rules out drones, partisans and Ukrainian recon.

Enforcer geo located the event to very near a rail station.

Given all that, the chechen train robbery story sounds even more plausible.

edit on 18-9-2022 by MidnightWatcher because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 18 2022 @ 04:14 AM
link   

More footage from the scene , seems like a serious fight going on.

According to the video some reports say different Russian units fighting each other ... I do hope that's true.

Missile strike on Russia's Kherson HQ on Friday.

Ukraine on Friday launched a long-range rocket attack on an apparent meeting of Kremlin-installed officials in the occupied city of Kherson.

Footage from the scene of the strike showed a plume of black smoke billowing from the Court of Appeals building, which is believed to be the headquarters for Russia’s occupation authorities in the southern city.

At the time of the hit, top officials from Russia’s puppet government were said to be holding talks with other regional officials from the southern oblast.

edit on 18-9-2022 by gortex because: edit to add

posted on Sep, 18 2022 @ 05:10 AM
link   

Given all that, the chechen train robbery story sounds even more plausible.

Kelsky's Heroes

Film Synopsis: A happy-go-lucky band of rag-tag Chechen warriors ignore Putin and write their own missions in the 2022 invasion of Ukraine!

Cheers

posted on Sep, 18 2022 @ 05:13 AM
link   
Could this be Russian refusiniks vs other army units ?

posted on Sep, 18 2022 @ 05:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kenzo

Could this be Russian refusiniks vs other army units ?

More than possible. I heard the incredible news that there are posters up in Sevastopol offering a bounty for volunteers to fight - and then they were promised ten days of training. Ten days??? That's not war, that's murder.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join