It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Get out while you can

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+3 more 
posted on Sep, 12 2022 @ 07:11 PM
link   
I've often thought that if you want to know what hare brain move Illinois politicians are going to make, just watch California and New York because sure as the Sun comes up in the morning, Illinois will follow.

www.mystateline.com...

An Illinois criminal justice reform law will do away with the cash bail system on January 1st, 2023, which means suspects charged with certain felonies — including second-degree murder, aggravated battery, and arson — will be released without bail.

The Safety, Accountability, Fairness and Equity-Today Act (SAFE-T Act) would restrict which crimes a person can be arrested for, and would free those in custody for 12 offenses, including second-degree murder, aggravated battery, and arson without bail, as well as drug-induced homicide, kidnapping, burglary, robbery, intimidation, aggravated DUI, aggravated fleeing and eluding, drug offenses and threatening a public official.

“Even though aggravated battery is a violent offense that is a forcible felony, a person can get probation for it,” Champaign County State’s Attorney Julia Reitz said to WICS. “It’s not a detainable offense under the new statue.”

It's called the SAFE - T Act.
Anyone see what's so safe about letting these people back out on the streets ?
You have to jump through hoops and pay out the wazoo to get a concealed carry permit to protect yourself, but if you commit a violent crime, you're right back on the street.

Every single day, I'm thankful I moved back home to Kentucky.

The Land Of Lincoln..............what a sh**hole.

posted on Sep, 12 2022 @ 07:16 PM
link   
a reply to: DAVID64

The Purge, Illonois.

Coming to you this winter.

posted on Sep, 12 2022 @ 07:18 PM
link   
Feeks like we are real close to the purge.

posted on Sep, 12 2022 @ 07:25 PM
link   

I've often thought that if you want to know what hare brain move Illinois politicians are going to make, just watch California and New York because sure as the Sun comes up in the morning, Illinois will follow.

Spot on.

I would love to move, but I can't yet. I'm working on it though.

posted on Sep, 12 2022 @ 07:27 PM
link   

Tax heavy state filled with corrupt politicians that have no real interest in solving the areas with heavy crime. They rather focus punishing working non-criminals than actually put a strategy to fight crime and improve these impoverished communities which breed it.

posted on Sep, 12 2022 @ 07:39 PM
link   

The mentally insane Democrats are giving a free pass to burn, loot and murder in Illinois.
Do not even drive through that sh!thole state to get to another state.

posted on Sep, 12 2022 @ 07:52 PM
link   
Safe-T Act huh? As in click off the safety before entering?

I'm convinced they want less people walking around.
Investment idea, look to crematories and morgues in Illinois to also make a killing.

posted on Sep, 12 2022 @ 08:17 PM
link   
Mega city starts in Chicago?

Judge dredd not far off.

posted on Sep, 12 2022 @ 08:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: shooterbrody
Mega city starts in Chicago?

Judge dredd not far off.

Beetlejuice is the law!!!

posted on Sep, 12 2022 @ 08:20 PM
link   
Drug induced homicide, eh?

Meanwhile in my state, three people are being kept in for death-resulting (dealing to someone who ended up dying),

one of them might be facing life as a max, kind of make an example out of the person. The other two have been sentenced with deals, one got 2-5, the other 3-6.

posted on Sep, 12 2022 @ 11:15 PM
link   

"Equity" There's that word again
wng.org article

It's so obvious a slow communist creep take-over of the US, state by state.
Then , suddenly, it will be too late.

posted on Sep, 12 2022 @ 11:40 PM
link   
Keith Pekau, the mayor of the Villae of Orland Park, had some to say about the new laws. Give him a listen. He says that there is legislation in the works to remove school resouces officers statewide and another to make fentanyl a misdomenor.

:
edit on 2022 9 12 by incoserv because: I could.

posted on Sep, 12 2022 @ 11:41 PM
link   
You can make napalm fairly easily, directions are online.

posted on Sep, 13 2022 @ 12:09 AM
link   
I think those Democrat cities are nuts with actions like this. I am glad I don't live there, and I hope those criminals don't move up to our area. Lots of people have guns up here, that might deter criminals from moving here. They could get shot trying to break into someone's house.

posted on Sep, 13 2022 @ 10:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse
I think those Democrat cities are nuts with actions like this. I am glad I don't live there, and I hope those criminals don't move up to our area. Lots of people have guns up here, that might deter criminals from moving here. They could get shot trying to break into someone's house.

They will be passing through my area first so I'm not sure how many will make it to your neck of the woods. 131 is a a good north south route and I'm not that far west of it, about half way to the straits.

Maybe you'll need a blockade on the Big Mac to keep those Chicago gangsters below the bridge with the rest of us trolls. It's a tradition since Al Capone's territory included the west half of the lower with the Purple Gang in the eastern half. It won't be bootlegging though, unless it's hard drugs, all kinds of other crimes will be filtering north. Seasonal cabins and homes will get hit more this winter I predict. Probably more meth labs, coke and heroin, maybe other stuff like prostitution and illegal gambling.
edit on 13-9-2022 by MichiganSwampBuck because: Added extra comments

posted on Sep, 13 2022 @ 10:11 AM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

This is not "Democrat cities." This is the whole damned state.

posted on Sep, 13 2022 @ 03:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: MichiganSwampBuck

originally posted by: rickymouse

They will be passing through my area first so I'm not sure how many will make it to your neck of the woods. 131 is a a good north south route and I'm not that far west of it, about half way to the straits.

Maybe you'll need a blockade on the Big Mac to keep those Chicago gangsters below the bridge with the rest of us trolls. It's a tradition since Al Capone's territory included the west half of the lower with the Purple Gang in the eastern half. It won't be bootlegging though, unless it's hard drugs, all kinds of other crimes will be filtering north. Seasonal cabins and homes will get hit more this winter I predict. Probably more meth labs, coke and heroin, maybe other stuff like prostitution and illegal gambling.

When the Meth labs started up here, UPSET wouldn't allow the cops to bust them when there were few. So since they were getting away with it, more and more people started making meth. Now we got a problem. I got this from our local cops when having coffee with them when I was in the office of a friends body shop, and I asked a couple of state police I played pinnacle with about it and they said it was true, they could not run a bust without UPSET approval and most time participation either for quite a few years and UPSET wanted to be present later on for a few years to make their agency look better. Now those cops are retired or dead, that was about eight or nine years ago I talked to them and most retired and two died already. I got along with the older cops well, my age or maybe up to ten years older.

posted on Sep, 14 2022 @ 10:31 AM
link   

UPSET eh? Never heard of it until now, so I looked it up . . .

The Upper Peninsula Substance Enforcement Team (UPSET) is a multi-jurisdictional narcotics task force that serves all fifteen counties of Michigan’s Upper Peninsula. UPSET’s foremost objectives are to bring narcotics awareness, education, and enforcement into the communities of the Upper Peninsula. UPSET readily collaborates and works with local, state, and federal agencies in an effort to combat narcotic use, distribution and sale across the Upper Peninsula.

So these guys are protecting the meth labs? Is it a state run agency? I can't find that on their page.
They are defined as a "specialized narcotics force" or as a "federally trained Clandestine Lab Team"

Clandestine, sounds ominous.

clandestine klăn-dĕs′tĭn adjective
Kept or done in secret, often to conceal an illicit or improper purpose.
synonym: secret.Conducted with secrecy; withdrawn from public notice, usually for an evil purpose; kept secret; hidden; private; underhand.Done or kept in secret, sometimes to conceal an illicit or improper purpose.

The specialized narcotics force is comprised of officers from the Michigan State Police, Delta County Sheriff Department, Marquette County Sheriff Department, Escanaba Public Safety, Marquette City Police Department, Marquette County Sheriff Department and Menominee City Police Department, as well as federal agents from numerous drug and safety departments.

Participating Agencies
Michigan State Police
Marquette County Sheriff Department
Marquette City Police Department
Delta County Sheriff Department
Houghton County Sheriff Department
Houghton City Police Department
Escanaba Public Safety Department
Menominee City Police
Department Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives (ATF)
Drug Enforcement Administration (DEA)
Bureau of Indian Affairs (BIA)
U.S. Fish and Wildlife Services (USFWS)
U.S. Department of Homeland Security
U.S. Customs and Border Patrol

Sounds like an independent agency over seen by the federal government.

LINK
LINK

posted on Sep, 14 2022 @ 10:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: MichiganSwampBuck

UPSET eh? Never heard of it until now, so I looked it up . . .

The Upper Peninsula Substance Enforcement Team (UPSET) is a multi-jurisdictional narcotics task force that serves all fifteen counties of Michigan’s Upper Peninsula. UPSET’s foremost objectives are to bring narcotics awareness, education, and enforcement into the communities of the Upper Peninsula. UPSET readily collaborates and works with local, state, and federal agencies in an effort to combat narcotic use, distribution and sale across the Upper Peninsula.

So these guys are protecting the meth labs? Is it a state run agency? I can't find that on their page.
They are defined as a "specialized narcotics force" or as a "federally trained Clandestine Lab Team"

Clandestine, sounds ominous.

clandestine klăn-dĕs′tĭn adjective
Kept or done in secret, often to conceal an illicit or improper purpose.
synonym: secret.Conducted with secrecy; withdrawn from public notice, usually for an evil purpose; kept secret; hidden; private; underhand.Done or kept in secret, sometimes to conceal an illicit or improper purpose.

The specialized narcotics force is comprised of officers from the Michigan State Police, Delta County Sheriff Department, Marquette County Sheriff Department, Escanaba Public Safety, Marquette City Police Department, Marquette County Sheriff Department and Menominee City Police Department, as well as federal agents from numerous drug and safety departments.

Participating Agencies
Michigan State Police
Marquette County Sheriff Department
Marquette City Police Department
Delta County Sheriff Department
Houghton County Sheriff Department
Houghton City Police Department
Escanaba Public Safety Department
Menominee City Police
Department Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives (ATF)
Drug Enforcement Administration (DEA)
Bureau of Indian Affairs (BIA)
U.S. Fish and Wildlife Services (USFWS)
U.S. Department of Homeland Security
U.S. Customs and Border Patrol

Sounds like an independent agency over seen by the federal government.

LINK
LINK

One of the old state troupers I knew, he died now, told me that they were to let the number of people making meth grow so they could have bigger and more busts so they could get more money for that agency so they could show need and expand financially. Kind of sounds like something the FBI has done in the past, try to go for the trophy bust and allow the small fish to grow. The local cops here were kind of frustrated that they couldn't stop these small fry from making drugs. They live here, they have friends here, they don't want to see their city and county go to pot if they can do something about deterring it. This goes on everywhere, not just here, but I don't know any cops other than in this area or up by Hancock and now, the vast majority of the ones I did know are retired or have died already. It has been sucking for over twenty years here, when UPSET decided to do a Bust in Big Bay, they got the wrong house and they roughed up an old guy and verbally abused his wife because they thought it was a drug house. He wound up going to the hospital that night....their attempt to cover up the mistake totally failed here, it hit our local newspaper and radio stations somewhat but word of mouth spread what happened all over this county. I guess they must have used google maps to find his house, they were not even close to the intended target.

posted on Sep, 15 2022 @ 01:01 PM
link   

Sounds like a convoluted protection racket. Allow the crime to spread, maybe even encourage it somehow, to justify the existence and funding of an agency run by the feds. It's a way to control local and state law enforcement once they are embedded into the system.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join