It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why doesn't God stop the shooter of a mass shooting.

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 19 2022 @ 06:06 PM
link   
God is known as Almighty creator.

Is God an independent being capable of manifesting things into existence?

It is said God created everything so God's existence does not depend on the existence of human beings and is said to be capable of EVERYTHING which includes even moving a full blown football through a keyhole.

That said, God usually doesn't stop the shooter of a mass shooting before victims have fallen. You'd think being alknowing and almighty he would keep the man inside his house watching television. As the past proves there have been occasions this did not happen.

We have a few options here.

God sent the shooter.
God is not alknowing and almighty.
God doesn't care a at all what happens here.
God is imaginary.

- God sent the shooter.

God, the Alknowing and Almighty sends with all his might a shooter to kill in a mass shooting.

- God is not alknowing and almighty.

Nope, god didn't know what was going to happen and is not involved in what happens on earth! Even when I pray for a car it doesn't pop up in my garage.

- God doesn't care at all what happens here.

Like many of us god doesn't care at all what happens here.

- God is imaginary.

You're there again talking about your imaginary being? The bible is BS.

Whatever the explanation, there was no god stopping the shooter, the shooter had his/her way.

Let's say God exists, almighty and alknowing, why doesn't he stop shooters !!?

A precentage of people don't believe a god exists, so these people ask nothing of god. But even then, isn't it in the morality of a god to prevent murder? People have free will! Okay, but isn't it in the morality of a god to prevent murder? People are dying of hunger. People get sick every day. God lets people suffer all day every day! We can't help them and HE HELPS NOTHING !!

Is God inexistent or does he exist and just does nothing?

Why does God do nothing ?

Maybe we should encourage God a little. Dear God, you do nothing, why do you do nothing? I neglected you for so long god, but we are in trouble, can you help us? You are almighty and alknowing. You can do it, God. We did so much wrong ourselves, can you forgive us and help us? You're perfect and nobody could do better than you. We want you in our lives. Help us to establish peace amongst ourselves because..

With peace on earth we would not have mass shootings.

So I question, does God do nothing when we don't want God in our lives?
If we ourselves choose not to live in peace, aren't we ourselves creators of mass shootings? Is God looking from above thinking, look at them go, it will hit the fan again! Thinking.. look at them! Nobody asked me anything again today! I feel useless and ignored.

What would be the point praying for peace when the moment you're done you pick up your gun to go shooting people in the street?

What are your thoughts?
edit on 19-7-2022 by Untun because: spelling

edit on 19-7-2022 by Untun because: spelling

posted on Jul, 19 2022 @ 06:22 PM
link   
Because he gave all living things free will ?
The architect is not to be blamed for a murder in the house he designed ?

posted on Jul, 19 2022 @ 06:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: Spacespider

Isn't in that sense giving people free will like saying, okay, you can do what you want but I will need to sentence you to hell for that.

posted on Jul, 19 2022 @ 06:31 PM
link   
Just saying, with millions of people suffering every day some people wonder what it would be like when we brought dinosaurs back.

Is there something wrong here?

posted on Jul, 19 2022 @ 06:33 PM
link   
God either sent the shooter, or he allowed it to happen. Not much difference, really.

posted on Jul, 19 2022 @ 06:39 PM
link   
a reply to: Untun

He absolutely DID step in : He sent a citizen with a legal firearm.

I wouldve took out the guy too.

Still...Gods work.

posted on Jul, 19 2022 @ 06:51 PM
link   

You missed a big one in that list.

God made everything in the universe to function by the many laws that God created, Gravity, thermodynamics, time, etc.. The universe worked but God was bord with his creation.

God made man. God made man with freewill. Man has the ability to do things man is not made directly to do, but also limited by the laws of physics made by God.

The rest of the universe is like our computer programs, they do things they were designed to do and nothing more. Man is self programming, like an AI that man is trying to make.

God allows man to do things of man's own decisions. Good or bad doesn't matter. While God would like man to do good, God will not intervene in his own creation in the belief that man will eventually learn not to be so bad.

This has led to many wars where man says god is on our side nomatter which side that is. It has made many books to be written about what god thinks, what god wants, who is this god person anyway, and how to get things from god.

God is not in these books. God made everything but man made these books to control other men.

Which brings us to the big question, are you asking about what man believes god is or what God actually is? Man made god to be in an instruction book, God is in everything and made everything. Are you asking to discuss god or God?

edit on 7 19 2022 by beyondknowledge because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 19 2022 @ 07:07 PM
link   
A lot of people fail to realize that we are not under God's rule. Man rejected God's rule and has been in rebellion since the beginning. God has allowed man to rule himself. He has stepped out of the way. If he stepped in to fix all of man's problems and helped man in his governments wouldn't he just be condoning sin, and saying it is okay to flaunt his authority?

He has set up a kingdom government in Jesus' hands that will soon eliminate human rule and set up a righteous kingdom government from heaven over all the earth. It will solve all of mankind's problems. Including mass shootings. The evildoers will be no more. And the meek will live with abundance of peace forever on earth.
edit on 19-7-2022 by randomuser because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 19 2022 @ 07:25 PM
link   

simple;

because "God" is a fairy tale character.

It's like asking why candlejack doesn't sto-

posted on Jul, 19 2022 @ 08:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: schuyler
God either sent the shooter, or he allowed it to happen. Not much difference, really.

Yes God did allow it to happen, by offering a person a choice to do as they desire
It’s not Gods choice
We are created in His image, with the will to choose as we see fit, choose wisely

Prior, God intervened, wiped out tribes, slaughtered those who were corrupt, sent plagues, floods and all manner of issues to get rid of evil, and people complained, still do and now, what, you want the same again?
Jesus came, called His followers to love and forgive others

I guess you would prefer you were robots with no free will? Choice is tricky isn’t it

posted on Jul, 19 2022 @ 08:53 PM
link   

Isn't in that sense giving people free will like saying, okay, you can do what you want but I will need to sentence you to hell for that.

Nope. It's like saying here's the rules, here's the consequences for breaking them; choose wisely.

posted on Jul, 19 2022 @ 09:06 PM
link   
a reply to: Raggedyman

Your god sounds like a bad scientist.
Are we his experiment?
Then it's cruel to build in mental illness, narcicism and other bad faults into us.
Threatening someone he made so broke that they kill with eternal hell is like jailbaiting.

He ain't perfect at all. He doesn't regard any of us as; individuals, we are a petri dish full of germs he desperately wants to behave a certain way and if they don't, he quickly kills 3 million in a flood or turns them into salt pillars. Kids, animals, who cares, he doesn't.

If he wants a good, peaceful human, he could have made one...if he were capable, which he clearly isn't.

Then all his minions come out and desperately make excuses that are as illogical as swamp gas is to explain a silver disk.

There are only two options here.
One is that the god is merely a group of aliens who meddled with us and left believers think they were gods, like it happened with the Cargo cult or...
There isn't a god. Our cat doesn't need one and she's doing just fine.
I'm fine with either of these two.

posted on Jul, 19 2022 @ 09:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: Hecate666
a reply to: Raggedyman

Your god sounds like a bad scientist.
Are we his experiment?
Then it's cruel to build in mental illness, narcicism and other bad faults into us.
Threatening someone he made so broke that they kill with eternal hell is like jailbaiting.

Tharts a fair point and understandable your refusal to believe or accept Him
Though, this was never His plan, Eden, paradise, community and caring was His plan, we failed and still fail, hence Jesus

The bible describes this life more a childhood than an experiment, growing up, learning right, wrong, learning that sometimes some of our choices are never going to be right or wrong
I have seen God criticised for killing and criticised for not killing, what is it then?
The bible speaks specifically to Christians, if you are not one, its your choice

As for eternal hell, thats more a Greek thing, not any evidence for eternal suffering for humanity in the bible I have read. Sincerely I would not consider heaven paradise knowing people are suffering eternally either, I am not God so cant imagine He has a heart smaller than mine.
I think eternal hell is a catholic teaching from the Greeks and not accurate
And I can only touch at this subject on here
Also
You are not a cat

posted on Jul, 19 2022 @ 10:01 PM
link   
god is our creator not our controller.. free will

posted on Jul, 19 2022 @ 10:24 PM
link   

To be all knowing one has to experience everything through every instance. Your journey through life is a lesson for you and an experience for God.

God sent the shooter because God was the shooter, the victims and even the guy who stopped the shooter.
God is also the person who doesn’t believe in God.

posted on Jul, 19 2022 @ 11:02 PM
link   
Our mind and body is made of dust. That dust body exists in a transitional state, akin to a nightly dream, that allows us to achieve spiritual growth. When we die the majority of us will experience the fiery lake of burning sulfur. The second death is when our true self is again entrapped into another dust body to experience yet another life in that lake.

No souls were hurt in the making of this reality.

posted on Jul, 19 2022 @ 11:36 PM
link   
It is so simple really. Without free will, then we are robots. Free will allows each of us to make every decision for ourselves. Choices, not God given edicts are apparently the way life works. If not then every time one of us set out to do harm to anything, then God would stop it. Before long no one would do anything wrong according to the rules and there would be no "life" to live, or daily decisions to make that make us different than animals following the rules of nature. Animals don't know anything but natural instinct. We have the ability to overcome instincts if we choose to do so.

edit on 19-7-2022 by Justoneman because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 19 2022 @ 11:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: Spacespider

The first time, no. But the 15th time it's gonna be a visit from the feds.

posted on Jul, 20 2022 @ 12:16 AM
link   
a reply to: randomuser

Sounds like a one world government where you own nothing and be happy.

posted on Jul, 20 2022 @ 12:43 AM
link   

Because there's a larger plan occurring in the background we're not totally aware of. Best I have been able to figure out is that back in the first century AD a long term top level Leviticus 26 curse was placed on the Earth. It's still running.

So to put it as simply as possible this Earth has been cut off from it's God. But it appears this long term curse phase is coming to an end. 2033 roughly. It should be quite interesting when "God" reconnects to humans. But this last 11 years are going to be really bad.

And BTW. Welcome to Left Behind. Prelude.

edit on 20-7-2022 by ntech because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join