It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why doesn't God stop the shooter of a mass shooting.

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 20 2022 @ 01:43 AM
link   
a reply to: Untun

What makes you think that God exists to do your will?

posted on Jul, 20 2022 @ 02:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: mysterioustranger

He absolutely DID step in : He sent a citizen with a legal firearm.

I wouldve took out the guy too.

Still...Gods work.

If you would ask the citizen who shot the killer, would he say, God inspired me to kill the man? Or would it more be like, I hate people killing other people so I shot that annoying person.

posted on Jul, 20 2022 @ 03:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: Justoneman
It is so simple really. Without free will, then we are robots. Free will allows each of us to make every decision for ourselves. Choices, not God given edicts are apparently the way life works. If not then every time one of us set out to do harm to anything, then God would stop it. Before long no one would do anything wrong according to the rules and there would be no "life" to live, or daily decisions to make that make us different than animals following the rules of nature. Animals don't know anything but natural instinct. We have the ability to overcome instincts if we choose to do so.

Some posters bring up the idea of free will. I chose to reply to this post to, because there is added that without free will we would be robots.

In a way we would need to reason, well, God allows people to do wicked things because he allows them free will. You can do what you want but for doing so you'll end up in hell eventually, sentenced. It's not a logical thing for me.
I figure when men fell eating the fruit of good and evil, there we gained ourselves free will, free will being our sinful nature, and that being a bad thing.

Doing the will of God instead we wouldn't be robots, we would have the freedom to do God's will and with God you would be able to do amazing things.

posted on Jul, 20 2022 @ 03:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: randomuser
A lot of people fail to realize that we are not under God's rule. Man rejected God's rule and has been in rebellion since the beginning. God has allowed man to rule himself. He has stepped out of the way. If he stepped in to fix all of man's problems and helped man in his governments wouldn't he just be condoning sin, and saying it is okay to flaunt his authority?

That's some very interesting reasoning.

posted on Jul, 20 2022 @ 05:40 AM
link   
God just wants to see what people say in threads like this.

That's my take.

posted on Jul, 20 2022 @ 08:17 AM
link   
God doesn’t help those who don’t help themselves first.

God would want you to have your own gun.

posted on Jul, 20 2022 @ 08:34 AM
link   

why does God not protect kids in school? I thought God was taken out of Schools? Perhaps that answers your question. It seems God placed a 22 year old with a CCW in the right place at the right time for the last shooting.

posted on Jul, 20 2022 @ 09:07 AM
link   

You don't get it. Perhaps your experience is lacking.

I've not drawn my weapon on anything...since 1975.

But...I always will...to save a life.

Look. Carriers strap on in morning like socks. Forget you have it, go about your day.

But if children, seniors, disabled...even YOU UNTUN....needs saving? I will...

posted on Jul, 20 2022 @ 09:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: mysterioustranger

You don't get it. Perhaps your experience is lacking.

I've not drawn my weapon on anything...since 1975.

But...I always will...to save a life.

Look. Carriers strap on in morning like socks. Forget you have it, go about your day.

But if children, seniors, disabled...even YOU UNTUN....needs saving? I will...

I get stuck at the idea you need to kill a life to save a life. It brings ideas of inequality and that this world is at war.

posted on Jul, 20 2022 @ 09:38 AM
link   
I stepped on an ant pile today and crushed a few dozen ants.

There's BILLIONS more ants in the world. They're nothing special.

Life goes on.

Man plans and God laughs.

posted on Jul, 20 2022 @ 09:49 AM
link   

Do you think the death penalty is good?

"He/she did this heinous, horrible thing. Let's kill him/her. That'll show 'em! They won't do that again!"

Stupid. Stops nothing. Whereas...defense..is for defending.

Riding the middle here...the Bible says " An eye for an eye"... and also "Thou shall not kill".

So...a paradox.
edit on 07222331America/ChicagoWed, 20 Jul 2022 09:52:23 -050052202200000023 by mysterioustranger because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 20 2022 @ 11:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: Terpene
a reply to: randomuser

Sounds like a one world government where you own nothing and be happy.

I guess it can sound that way. Here are a few promises about God's kingdom government:

"They will build houses and live in them,
And they will plant vineyards and eat their fruitage.
They will not build for someone else to inhabit,
Nor will they plant for others to eat.
For the days of my people will be like the days of a tree,
And the work of their hands my chosen ones will enjoy to the full."

-Isaiah 65:21-22.

So everyone will have their own land, and build their own house and occupy them. There will be no homeless. And how much space?

"And he will give the rain for the seed you sow in the ground, and the bread that the ground produces will be abundant and rich.In that day your livestock will graze in spacious pastures."-Isaiah 30:23.

He will do away with illness and disease, no one will be sick:

"And no resident will say: 'I am sick.'"-Isaiah 30:23.

"At that time the eyes of the blind will be opened,
And the ears of the deaf will be unstopped.
At that time the lame will leap like the deer,
And the tongue of the speechless will shout for joy.
For waters will burst forth in the wilderness,
And streams in the desert plain.
"-Isaiah 35:5-6.

He will do away with the shroud that envelops everyone. Do you know what that shroud is? Yes, death. He will do away with death:

" In this mountain he will do away with the shroud that is enveloping all the peoples
And the covering that is woven over all the nations.
He will swallow up death forever,
And the Sovereign Lord Jehovah will wipe away the tears from all faces.
The reproach of his people he will take away from all the earth,
For Jehovah himself has spoken it.
"
-Isaiah 25:7-8.

He will cause wars to cease to the ends of the earth:

"He is bringing an end to wars throughout the earth. He breaks the bow and shatters the spear; He burns the military wagons with fire."-Psalms 46:9.

There will be an abundance of peace:

"But the meek will possess the earth,
And they will find exquisite delight in the abundance of peace.
"
-Psalm 37:11.

There will be no injustice. For he will judge with fairness. There will be no bribing this king. He can see what is in the heart, and he will not just judge according to what his ears hear, or stop up his ears to the cry of justice from the lowly and the meek:

"He will not judge by what appears to his eyes,
Nor reprove simply according to what his ears hear.
He will judge the lowly with fairness,
And with uprightness he will give reproof in behalf of the meek ones of the earth.
He will strike the earth with the rod of his mouth
And put the wicked to death with the breath of his lips.
Righteousness will be the belt around his waist,
And faithfulness the belt of his hips.
"
-Isaiah 11:3-5.

Humankind will be at peace with the animals. That same quote above continues thusly:

The wolf will reside for a while with the lamb,
And with the young goat the leopard will lie down,
And the calf and the lion and the fattened animal will all be together;
And a little boy will lead them.
The cow and the bear will feed together,
And their young will lie down together.
The lion will eat straw like the bull.
The nursing child will play over the lair of a cobra,
And a weaned child will put his hand over the den of a poisonous snake.
They will not cause any harm
Or any ruin in all my holy mountain,
Because the earth will certainly be filled with the knowledge of Jehovah
As the waters cover the sea.
"
-Isaiah 11:6-9.

It will be a world ruled by God thru his son Jesus Christ. And it will bring an end to all the problems and suffering humankind has created, and exists with. Imagine living in peace and harmony with all, with God, with your fellow humans, and with the animals. Everything existing in harmony and love and unity. No more pain, no more suffering, no more death. Instead of obituaries, you will be reading about the resurrections taking place. As everyone in God's memory are brought back to life in peaceful, paradisaical conditions, where God will open his hand and satisfy the desire of every living thing:

"You open your hand And satisfy the desire of every living thing."-Psalm 145:16.

edit on 20-7-2022 by randomuser because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 20 2022 @ 12:29 PM
link   
It's all God. You, me, the shooter, the victims, and the rest of the universe is all one.

Maybe try asking the shooter why he did what he did, or how much he was paid, by who, and why?
edit on 20-7-2022 by IndieA because: added question

posted on Jul, 20 2022 @ 01:09 PM
link   
a reply to: randomuser

Now it sounds even creepier...

So everyone will have their own land, and build their own house and occupy them. There will be no homeless. And how much space?

Space will be abundant once you're done depopulating.
sounds like being quartered, here is your plot stay there do what you have and don't move. Remeber

They will not build for someone else to inhabit

Whoever "they" are?

Every word in that book is second hand knowledge. Neither jesus nor the god wrote any of the texts. They were all humans, and power corrupts. the wealth and power established Christianity has, is reason for concern regarding their honesty, and motivations.

I 'm higly sceptical off their main propaganda piece, as with every propaganda peddled by powerful organisations.

Like the kings and bloodline families they would play the long game. Little of the stufff that moves us emotionally on a daily base, matters to them.
they mostly worry how to get trough the next reset as winners... Setting the narrative bevore hand might help in that regard, after all it matters what people believe to be happening even if it's not what's actually happening...

posted on Jul, 20 2022 @ 05:33 PM
link   

If God gave humanity free will, why would he stop us from using it? How else are we supposed to learn?

You can stop a child a million times when they try to stand on a chair... But it's not until you let them fall off the chair they start to learn why they never should have stood there to begin with.

posted on Jul, 20 2022 @ 05:57 PM
link   
The shooter has free will.

Free will is universal law.

posted on Jul, 20 2022 @ 07:11 PM
link   
I'm not a religious man, and I catch heat from most Christians from how I've read and processed the words
I see it as God basically said screw it, and gave us the responsibility of taking care of each other and the planet we live on. Gave us everything we needed to do it and most of us just waste our potential or use it for selfish gain.

So far it seems we're failing as a whole.

Pretty sure we all end up in the same place unless you don't want to by rejecting God or causing other people to reject God.

Sure people commit shooting sprees, but where were all the other people in the person's life? Where was the compassion? The support? The guidance?

posted on Jul, 20 2022 @ 07:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: Untun

originally posted by: Justoneman
It is so simple really. Without free will, then we are robots. Free will allows each of us to make every decision for ourselves. Choices, not God given edicts are apparently the way life works. If not then every time one of us set out to do harm to anything, then God would stop it. Before long no one would do anything wrong according to the rules and there would be no "life" to live, or daily decisions to make that make us different than animals following the rules of nature. Animals don't know anything but natural instinct. We have the ability to overcome instincts if we choose to do so.

Some posters bring up the idea of free will. I chose to reply to this post to, because there is added that without free will we would be robots.

In a way we would need to reason, well, God allows people to do wicked things because he allows them free will. You can do what you want but for doing so you'll end up in hell eventually, sentenced. It's not a logical thing for me.
I figure when men fell eating the fruit of good and evil, there we gained ourselves free will, free will being our sinful nature, and that being a bad thing.

Doing the will of God instead we wouldn't be robots, we would have the freedom to do God's will and with God you would be able to do amazing things.

You sorta get what I was saying. I hoped to convey that if you were actually not allowed to sin, then you are not allowed to think and do for yourself.
The moral:
God gave us free will so that when we freely choose him and love as the law you live by it has more meaning.

Father Malichi Martin pointed this out numerous times on After Dark with Art Bell. The lack of choice means when you go to drink too much, fire up that cigarette, or smoke a cigar to the point it can kill you the "laws" would prevail, and the experience denied. Denying choice doesn't give you the chance to go, "Oh, I really don't think I should do that now that I see what it does". No chance for growth of the soul that way. No experiencing the fact that you have a choice to be good or evil every day if you "can't sin against God" because the laws are magical and can stop you cold ending the threat of the sinner being one.

edit on 20-7-2022 by Justoneman because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 20 2022 @ 07:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: Untun

originally posted by: randomuser
A lot of people fail to realize that we are not under God's rule. Man rejected God's rule and has been in rebellion since the beginning. God has allowed man to rule himself. He has stepped out of the way. If he stepped in to fix all of man's problems and helped man in his governments wouldn't he just be condoning sin, and saying it is okay to flaunt his authority?

That's some very interesting reasoning.

Going further a just God wouldn't send a person to hell for doing God's bidding. IF God inspired someone to commit mass murder or genocide in a twisted plan to bring people together and closer to God and then send God's willing murderer to Hell, then God is just a twisted narcissistic puppet master.

posted on Jul, 21 2022 @ 02:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: QwertyMyself
The shooter has free will.

Free will is universal law.

Free will sounds a lot like not caring about anybody in that manner while Jesus encourages to love your neighbour.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join