It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are You Ready? Uncle Sam's Suggested Emergency Food Supplies

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 19 2022 @ 11:28 AM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

I'll do just that mixed in a sugar/salt pie.

posted on Jul, 19 2022 @ 11:45 AM
link   
That list is so generic that anyone could follow it. I guess that's good. But there are some people who can't boil water and need details.

A safe bet for short term with no cooking source and maybe no water would be: canned soups - no water needed like ready to eat, Progresso comes to mind, dry cereals, canned veggies (save the juice for cooking and drinking) and canned fruits (ditto), canned meats and canned meals such as canned Raviolis, Chile etc. Throw in some boxes of saltines and you're set. I'm a big believer in soups because you can get every last drop, it contains liquid as well, they're simple and taste great.

Even a potpourri pot with a candle and a metal container will serve as a heating source if necessary. Basically any candle holder with a structure that allows some air flow and will hold your heating container can be used if one needs heat as for baby formula. Although if a baby is hungry enough I think they might drink it cold. I don't know, babies can be damn finnicky.

posted on Jul, 19 2022 @ 01:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: Waterglass
a reply to: TheAlleghenyGentleman

My wife and I don't eat that crap either. Just look at the prices of that stuff on the shelf.

We aren't native to South Carolina but they grow em big down here as I am 6' 1" but many girls are taller then me.

The natives here are hung up on sugar. Sweet this and sweet that. They thrive on sweets. So whats gonna give 1st? Either gasoline for their comfort toys as in sea doos, boats or 4 x 4 or that bag of chips or box of cookies.

I already see it in the gasoline.

Well, we stock sugar, butter, and chocolate chips. Just in case. You will be surprised how valuable cookies will be if things go bad. We usually keep about forty pounds of sugar in rotation at all times...because we make lots of jams and also home made pies. Picked a quart of wild blueberries yesterday. And the day before I picked three cups. Enough for a pie, a cake, and a blueberry desert so far. We need about two more quarts, a blueberry pie for Christmas, thanksgiving, and easter dinners is important in my family. I will be picking enough tart cherries for two pies and a batch of jam to give the kids and my brother tomorrow from my brothers tree.

We need some good treats, but only occasionally. Heck, we only made seventeen half pints and nine pints of strawberry jam this year, down from the last four years by twenty five percent because we will be making more raspberry and some grape jam this year along with the usual peach jam. All freezer jams though, don't really like regular preserves...cooking changes the taste negatively in my opinion.

posted on Jul, 19 2022 @ 01:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheAlleghenyGentleman
a reply to: Waterglass

The interesting item on the list is the last one

*comfort stress foods*

I don’t eat that crap. Many people do.

Can you imagine cutting people off from their salt and sugar rushes? That is bad news bears for most people.

Comfort food is wholesome foods staples, soup, beans n rice, starches like spaghetti.

posted on Jul, 19 2022 @ 03:25 PM
link   
a reply to: SeaWorthy

So is cookies and cream ice cream along with the chocolate nuggets!

posted on Jul, 19 2022 @ 08:03 PM
link   
Here's my list from another thread in another forum.

Items that become scarce (Venezuela Examples back in 2014 and earlier)

Bottled Water
Foods - Chicken
Medicines - all esp. prescription
Gasoline
Detergents - Laundry soap, dish soap, etc.
Toilet paper
Diapers
Car batteries

Studies have shown these short-term items go first when a crisis happens.

Bottled Water
Powdered Milk
Pancake mix
Ramen Noodles
Popcorn
Cereal
Beef Jerky
Cooking Oils
Nuts
Dried Fruits
Power Bars
Juice Powders
Spices (salt, pepper, etc.)
Honey
Crackers
Baking Essentials (flour, sugar, baking soda, baking powder)
Coffee
Liquor
Hard Candies
Baby Food, Diapers, Wipes
Pet Food

Services
Natural Gas
Electricity
Gasoline

posted on Jul, 20 2022 @ 12:07 AM
link   

I suppose if you have a freezer. I don't think we will have power.

posted on Jul, 20 2022 @ 12:58 AM
link   
It won't take much for a global livestock plandemic, something like foot n mouth disease like I mentioned a month or two ago.
Breaking news here today is that it has now reached our country, and is very possibly going to decimate Australian livestock industry.

posted on Jul, 20 2022 @ 07:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: SeaWorthy

I suppose if you have a freezer. I don't think we will have power.

Ice box, generator, root cellar?

posted on Jul, 20 2022 @ 10:39 AM
link   

Try a solar panel for a small chest freezer along with EMP protection?

posted on Jul, 20 2022 @ 04:45 PM
link   

Try a solar panel for a small chest freezer along with EMP protection?

We rarely have sun, but that is a thought, hide the freezer in the mountains

posted on Jul, 20 2022 @ 05:43 PM
link   
looks like they're speeding up the 2030 agenda

WEF speeding up the 2030 agenda

posted on Jul, 20 2022 @ 05:51 PM
link   
a reply to: Ahabstar

They want us to eat bugs into thinking they are safe and dont carry any illness.

There is a reason most ancient Euporean and middle eastern humans haven't restored to eating Insects in those parts of the world for a reason.

Maybe the politicians should try on eating those Insects.

posted on Jul, 20 2022 @ 05:52 PM
link   
a reply to: tacoman101
Seems like desperation and are expecting likely an anger reaction from many countries.
edit on 20-7-2022 by vNex92 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 24 2022 @ 10:45 AM
link   

Go in 8' and the soil maintains 56 degrees?

posted on Jul, 24 2022 @ 05:58 PM
link   

Go in 8' and the soil maintains 56 degrees?

What happens is mildew, and slugs, have tried about every online remedy
I can grow nice flowers but seems to be missing the food green thumb!
Green house became over run with white fly and aphids of many kinds, mildew gave up

posted on Jul, 24 2022 @ 06:22 PM
link   
Comfort stress foods arent always processed crap, a loaf of fresh baked bread with a light layer of fresh unprocessed honey is heaven to me.

Also its interesting that using a VPN it refused to let me connect.
edit on 24-7-2022 by Irishhaf because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 25 2022 @ 01:18 PM
link   

We are in South Carolina. Fungus is a bitch. We can grow three times a year. You just cant plant any type of tomato as they will simply die. They have certain varieties for the different months. We planted Spring tomatoes a little too late and they aren't the best as they are just holding on right now. We need to flip over to middle of summer variety.

Anything that has "hot" in the name will grow. We can also grow well into November. Down here all tomato plants are elevated via string or a cage so as to avoid fungus.

Melons of any kind grow the best

posted on Sep, 21 2022 @ 05:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheAlleghenyGentleman
a reply to: mysterioustranger

In times of a food crisis people should not be gorging themselves on a high sugar high salt diet.

People shouldn't be eating sugar at all, ever, period.

Salt on the other hand, is a critical necessary part of our food.

Please don't fall for their long standing lie that salt is bad for us. Google on just how many people have lowered their BP dramatically just by adding more high quality salt to their diet.

Of course, the garbage 'iodized' table salt is not good, only use real quality salt, like Redmond's Real Salt, Celtic Sea Salt, etc.

I’m grabbing walnuts, almonds, dried fruit, muesli.

Ugh... toxic plant foods aren't a great idea wither.

The absolute best survival food, bar none, is pemmican, and you can make it yourself very inexpensively. It is shelf stable for 25+ years, and best of all, provides superior, dense nutrition, in fact you could survive and thrive for those 25 years just by eating your own pemmican, as it literally has everything your body needs.

posted on Sep, 21 2022 @ 03:13 PM
link   
a reply to: tanstaafl

Iodine is used to prevent goiters. Very real things that no one in the US has anymore because you can’t breathe the air without ingesting iodized salt from all the fast food joints cooking and venting.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join