It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

England braces for 40C temperatures as experts warn thousands could die

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 18 2022 @ 04:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: ArMaP
a reply to: ufoorbhunter

The problem is that our bodies have a limit, above that they cannot dissipate the heat and suffer the consequences.

That's what happens in those cases of children left inside cars that are getting direct Sun light, their bodies cannot dissipate their own heat and the organs start to fail.

Yes sure ArMap 100% totally appreciate the explanation of the above
I might have been a little flippant as the guys doing the heat work generally resemble Arnie in his hey day. The old, young, infirm are going to struggle for sure, yes totally understand where you are coming from

posted on Jul, 18 2022 @ 05:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: Oldcarpy2
a reply to: DBCowboy

I'm working from home. Had a video link virtual hearing in the Magistrate's Court today. I had my jacket off. Didn't even need to ask permission.

As can only see my upper half on camera, wore shorts, too.

Nuff said.

Dear God in Heaven.

The raw savagery!

posted on Jul, 18 2022 @ 05:36 PM
link   
a reply to: Soloprotocol

I don't care....I live in the North East, we've got Kielder Water.

posted on Jul, 18 2022 @ 06:51 PM
link   
I know nothing keeps a Brit from their hot tea, but it might be time to consider iced tea for a couple of days.

www.usatoday.com...

'Apocalypse': Hundreds dead as extreme heat wave broils Europe; the UK could break the record

posted on Jul, 18 2022 @ 07:11 PM
link   

Why aren't cooling stations/centres being set up? I haven't seen one word on this thread about that.
edit on 18-7-2022 by quintessentone because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 18 2022 @ 09:07 PM
link   
a reply to: fromunclexcommunicate

Yup, this was happening here in Alberta last year when the temps soared up to 40C. The fans and window ac's sold out fast and then came the warnings about brownouts. Some areas were on rolling blackouts for a time.

posted on Jul, 19 2022 @ 02:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: ArMaP
a reply to: MeatHookReality

It didn't work, then.
Beethoven had his critics as well .

posted on Jul, 19 2022 @ 04:21 AM
link   
Exactly a reply to: Daughter2

posted on Jul, 19 2022 @ 04:30 AM
link   
Well I just did an hour this morning for a little old lady (New Forest) just keeping her potted stuff alive so an hour of watering but even just doing that the sweat was dripping off at 8am.

Back home now but not many people out and about although just saw a neighbour going out for a cycle ride!!!!

posted on Jul, 19 2022 @ 04:43 AM
link   
a reply to: johnb

ye its gonna get up and over 40 degrees celcious today both in the uk and here in holland to
its 32 degrees now at 11:40 suppose to reach 38 at 4 o clock where i live.people who live on the fith floor are screwed
luckily i live above a cold basement

posted on Jul, 19 2022 @ 04:58 AM
link   
it's 23 in my north facing 'office' back room, it was about 29 in the kitchen with the doors open, but when I put the thermometer outside on the table it went up to 42.4 - direct sunlight, around 2pm yesterday.

I read somewhere that all the planets, and their moons, in our solar system are showing signs of increased temperature, and it's apparently that our solar system is moving into a warmer part of the galaxy, and if that's true then it's obvious that Earth temps heating up is caused by the same reason - therefore either man made global warming affects all our planets in our solar system, or actually our planet is getting warmer through some method mostly unconnected to anything we humans are doing to it. Sure we're not helping, but we're certainly not the main cause.

posted on Jul, 19 2022 @ 05:01 AM
link   
a reply to: johnb

If you are hydrated the wind on a bike is cooling, as long as you keep the pace easy.

posted on Jul, 19 2022 @ 05:25 AM
link   
Those neckbgato4s everyone got for covid will jeep uncool about an hour if you run em under the tap and wring em out

posted on Jul, 19 2022 @ 05:52 AM
link   
🤣a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

posted on Jul, 19 2022 @ 06:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: Freeborn
a reply to: Soloprotocol

I don't care....I live in the North East, we've got Kielder Water.

The South East will suck that puddle dry in a fortnight.

posted on Jul, 19 2022 @ 06:51 AM
link   
I live on the SW coast and it's lovely down here.
Had a rain storm for an hour this morning and warming up nicely again.
The sea breeze is a godsend but there are plenty of red/pink tourists wandering around.
I don't know what the temps are but it's a nice sunny day.

posted on Jul, 19 2022 @ 08:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: quintessentone

Why aren't cooling stations/centres being set up? I haven't seen one word on this thread about that.

Very good question quintessentone and it makes one wonder. As a conspiracy I would believe TPTB actually encourage this hot weater to help wipe out the elderly population which are getting pretty expensive for the state to look after. Same applies to Coronasvirus and whole swathes of the elderly population being wiped out.

posted on Jul, 19 2022 @ 09:13 AM
link   
currently 37c in Belgium, peak is expected in about one hour.
and a lovely 24c inside de house...
I'm SO glad we didn't reach 40+ as they predicted!

my pond has turned into a bird swimingpool, so nice to watch

posted on Jul, 19 2022 @ 11:04 AM
link   

Well I wouldn't go that far, simply put it's government getting caught off guard and running around in circles not knowing what to do.

posted on Jul, 19 2022 @ 01:36 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

Yes, I know. I'm a rebel, me.

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join