It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

England braces for 40C temperatures as experts warn thousands could die

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 17 2022 @ 07:59 AM
link   
This pop up to mind , i like it

posted on Jul, 17 2022 @ 08:35 AM
link   
a reply to: putnam6

They'd have to stage a power outage to have any real impact.

posted on Jul, 17 2022 @ 08:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: Dutchowl
a reply to: putnam6

They'd have to stage a power outage to have any real impact.

Not as unreal as you think. With everyone trying to replace actual power generating sources with the unicorn farts known as wind power that no one wants built in their backyard that is only marginally reliable, power grids are at breaking point in more places than you think.

We're going to see some real action over here when the mid-summer heat really cranks this next week. We're projected to get over 100 for about 4 days at least in this area and we haven't hit heat like that since 2012. Texas is already cooking and their grid is already at limit. Now add in the upper midwest and midwest.
edit on 17-7-2022 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 17 2022 @ 09:10 AM
link   
In South Carolina we get 104 - 120 F all the time. Most of us have air conditioning and fans. In Ohio 30 years ago I would sit in the basement at night or the bath tub full of cold to warm water. Go to the library or grocery store. In SC people know to bring water and keep water bottles in your car all the time. We don’t go out side in the heat of the day in June thru August. We don’t have people dropping dead. People just learn what to do.

posted on Jul, 17 2022 @ 10:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: frugal
In South Carolina we get 104 - 120 F all the time. Most of us have air conditioning and fans.

That's the problem, in the UK they do not get temperatures as high as expect frequently, so they are not prepared for that.

posted on Jul, 17 2022 @ 02:09 PM
link   
a reply to: ArMaP

And if everybody in the UK runs out to Costco to buy a 6000 BTU bedroom window unit two things will happen.

1. The demand for electricity may cause brownouts and

2. The AC units won't store well over the winter and will require new fan motor bearings.

posted on Jul, 17 2022 @ 04:03 PM
link   
a reply to: fromunclexcommunicate

I doubt they have enough stock to cause brownouts.

Also, an air conditioner doesn't use more electricity than an electric heater.
edit on 17/7/2022 by ArMaP because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 17 2022 @ 04:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: putnam6
That sounds brutal, but it is the Guardian, I know we got some Brits here, so are the settings on broil? or not? check on your elderly neighbors, a hot spell in Chicago killed over 500 in 1995, mostly the elderly.

en.m.wikipedia.org...

In 5 days of 40c temperatures, 739 people died in the city, most did not have AC

www.theguardian.com...

Thousands of people could die in the coming heatwave, experts have warned, as the government triggered the first-ever national emergency heat red alert with a record 40C (104F) temperature forecast for southeast England on Tuesday.

Health officials fear people living alone on upper floors of buildings are among those who could perish, as people did in Paris in 2003. Last year two lesser heat episodes caused about 1,600 excess deaths, according to official figures.

The level 4 heat alert announced for Monday and Tuesday by the UK Health Security Agency (UKHSA) means “illness and death may occur among the fit and healthy, and not just in high-risk groups”.

The Met Office described the forecast heat that is coming from France and Spain as “absolutely unprecedented” and urged people to treat it like a storm warning and consider changing plans.
England is half Indian & Muslim . Those people laugh at extreme heat .
Im sure it is a conspiracy that’s being played out by desert peoples . Muslims from extremely hot countries are manipulating the weather so their new home of dreary moderate weather England can be transformed into a desert . That has to be why it’s getting hotter in Europe.
Plus the Elite NWO have put temperature sensitive kill switches into all the Covid vaccines & all the people who tip over or die from the heat are really vaccine deaths in disguise . It is so clear what the WEF is doing. Lol lol lol just trying to fit in here on ATS .
edit on 17-7-2022 by MeatHookReality because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 17 2022 @ 06:17 PM
link   
a reply to: ArMaP

The legacy of UK coal furnaces and chimney sweeps is a little out of date isn't it.

ourworldindata.org...

posted on Jul, 17 2022 @ 06:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: MeatHookReality

Religion doesn't prepare people to "laugh at extreme heat".

As for Indians, I suppose you have some statistics to back up your suspicious claim, can you show them to us all?

Thanks in advance.

posted on Jul, 18 2022 @ 12:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: ArMaP

originally posted by: MeatHookReality

Religion doesn't prepare people to "laugh at extreme heat".

As for Indians, I suppose you have some statistics to back up your suspicious claim, can you show them to us all?

Thanks in advance.
It was a post based in humor.

posted on Jul, 18 2022 @ 02:28 AM
link   
already getting hot in holland where i live its 9;26 and its 21 degrees celcius already i expect this day to brake some serious records im safe do my house is very cool im in lockdown with plenty of icecream and the windows closed fan ready to go i say bring it on lol evryone in the effected zone should be carefull imo

posted on Jul, 18 2022 @ 04:03 AM
link   
a reply to: negedef
Belgium here, it's 11 am now and already 28°C, still cloudy outside

lol, it sure feels like lockdown here, I'm at home,
all windows and blinds are closed and so far 22C inside without a fan or airco. Hope I can keep it like this the next two days.

Stay cool

posted on Jul, 18 2022 @ 05:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: glen200376
...but as always you know everything.

Thanks, I agree. Hope it gets to 50* in Scotland.

posted on Jul, 18 2022 @ 06:02 AM
link   
Some massively misinformed people here.

The UK is not half Indian/Muslim. Outside the major cities, the population is 90%+ white British. Where I live it's rare to see anyone of any ethnic minority group.

Almost no one here has aircon in their houses, and those window units you can get in the US can't be fitted in the windows here. In fact I've never even seen one for sale.

posted on Jul, 18 2022 @ 06:20 AM
link   
a reply to: ray648

You absolutely can buy them there, I've known people to.

posted on Jul, 18 2022 @ 08:55 AM
link   
The good news, I'm discovering, is that house insulation, designed to stop heat from getting out, is also very effective at stopping heat from getting in. At least that's my interpretation of the fact that my thermostat has not risen above 25 degrees.

posted on Jul, 18 2022 @ 10:36 AM
link   
About the airco units

I see people mentioning A 6000 BTU ? wow...

I have yet to see one window unit in my part of Europe,
we do have wall units with an air vent through the wall, they are about 5000 btu and cost thousands of Euro's with installation.
most people here have a mobile air-conditioner, around 3000 BTU (maybe 4000 on an expensive model) prices for these start at around 300€ up to 1000.
The problem with these mobile versions is that you still need a way to let the hot air go outside, with a tube or pipe, and most houses don't have an option to do that, unless you hang it out the window, which would defeat the purpose completely.

But as the poster above said, most houses here are isolated well enough to keep the heat (and cold) out. 40-50cm brick, isolated walls and blinds on the outside of the windows + roof isolation and double or triple glass in the windows.

it's 17.30 am here, still 33C outside and 22C inside (without fan or airco)... that's pretty good for a house that was build 30 years ago

posted on Jul, 18 2022 @ 10:51 AM
link   
Outside the US people do not typically have central air in their houses. Even here in our upper states many don't, but central air is very common throughout the US. My house has 2 5 ton ACs, and 2 furnaces for winter and in WA it doesn't really get that cold or hot. With those systems my house is the same temp no matter if it is 0f or 115f outside.

In New York city when temps hit 95f+ people do die because the humidity is high too and like England not a lot of ACs. What I find strange is central air is so much cheaper in cost. My winter month cost for gas/elc is like 150 bucks, and summer is like 200 buck per month for a 450 sq meter house.

edit on 18-7-2022 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 18 2022 @ 11:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: KindraLabelle2
About the airco units

I see people mentioning A 6000 BTU ? wow...

I have yet to see one window unit in my part of Europe,
we do have wall units with an air vent through the wall, they are about 5000 btu and cost thousands of Euro's with installation.
most people here have a mobile air-conditioner, around 3000 BTU (maybe 4000 on an expensive model) prices for these start at around 300€ up to 1000.
The problem with these mobile versions is that you still need a way to let the hot air go outside, with a tube or pipe, and most houses don't have an option to do that, unless you hang it out the window, which would defeat the purpose completely.

But as the poster above said, most houses here are isolated well enough to keep the heat (and cold) out. 40-50cm brick, isolated walls and blinds on the outside of the windows + roof isolation and double or triple glass in the windows.

it's 17.30 am here, still 33C outside and 22C inside (without fan or airco)... that's pretty good for a house that was build 30 years ago

I lived in Japan for 5 years and my house had only 2 wall units that were both hot/cold, and this little heater thing in the kitchen. The issue was I froze in the winter and cooked in the summer no matter what. A big part was they really do not run good instillation and I could put my hand 2 inches from the wall and feel the cold. Nothing like seeing steam come off your piss in the morning as the bathroom was so cold, or sweating heavily in the summer no matter what. In the winter we even had rugs that would heat up too, to help somewhat.

It funny people talk 3000 to 6000 BTUs and with my central air in my house I push 120,000 BTUs at a cost of about 200 pounds per month during the heavy hot ones. In the UYS we don't typically talk BTUs, we talk tonnage.

edit on 18-7-2022 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join