It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Little win for fairness and logic: FINA introduces new transgender rules for swimming contest

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 21 2022 @ 01:58 PM
link   
A little ray of light and fairness for all competitive swimmers, especially women.

The world association Fina has a set of new rules for trans people in swimming competitions. Under these rules, they can only enter women's competitions if they have completed their gender reassignment before they turn 12 years old.

While that, for me, still isn't enough fairness, at least they founded a third, category called "open", where everyone can compete. I hope this will lead to a general mindset that transgender should compete there and leave the male and female sports untouched. They now have their own category, are not shunned and can now experience the freedoms and let male and female sports alone.

Of course it already caused a lot of criticism on social media. We can bring out a big thank you to the US-American transgender Lia Thomas. He became the first trans women to win the highest level of college athletics in March. Back then, critics described Thomas participation in women's league as unfair. The argument was biological advantage over their competitors.

I don't have an issue with transgender but a former male going into female sports as a transgender, is just unfair, brazen and too much of it all. Now the first world association, namely FINA, has done the first step to counter this unfair behavior from the transgender community.

What do you think about it? Too much restriction? Too less fairness? Logic and sanity arriving home like the lost son?

Fina bars transgender swimmers from women's elite events if they went through male puberty

posted on Jun, 21 2022 @ 02:06 PM
link   
So why don’t they just create new sports leagues for trans peoples?
That seems fair and balanced

posted on Jun, 21 2022 @ 02:06 PM
link   
a reply to: TDDAgain

I was really happy when I read this news.

We touched on something similar on my podcast about a trans man who is suing the DOC because he feels he should be in a womens prison.
And its a dark area because dude has fake breasts, in a male prison, which makes him even more of a target in there.
But at the same time, its not exactly safe for the inmates in a womens prison.

posted on Jun, 21 2022 @ 02:13 PM
link   

other sporting federations are following suit now, they all believed it to begin with but they did not have the....balls

Certainly a good day for women athletes/sports stars, I would hate to see long and cherished records of female achievement being erased from history.

I did hear a small loophole though, which is certainly disturbing/wierd

Fina bars transgender swimmers from women's elite events if they went through male puberty

The 34-page policy document says that male-to-female transgender athletes could compete in the women's category - but only "provided they have not experienced any part of male puberty beyond Tanner Stage 2 [which marks the start of physical development], or before age 12, whichever is later".

So if a child transitions before puberty they can still compete as they do today....wierd, what parents would facilitate a pre teens angst and agree that they need their penis cut off, tell your son its difficult being a teenager but in a few years he can do what he wants with his body, but before that.....hell no.

edit on 000000p3002America/Chicago621202226 by UpThenDown because: typo

posted on Jun, 21 2022 @ 02:14 PM
link   
a reply to: choomsuba

And you think trans-men vs. trans-woman category would be fair?

See it like that, we now have untangled the binary.

We now have
0 female
1 male

and to resolve the binary situation, just look at this new "open" category as the infinity amount of genders that were invented between 0 and 1.

Transgender progression isn't natural. Therefor it is only fitting they get unnatural number. There's an infinity amount of unnatural numbers between 1 and 0. Unnatural means it's not a full number, neither nothing nor 1 2 3 4 but anything in between.

I mean like, what do you want more? Be serious, do you want 402140 to infinite numbers of world sports associations? That's just crazy.

Now it is at least in alignment with math theory. I think that's a huge helping hand towards an absolute minority. That minority like used up all the attention for the next 50 years if you ask me. People are fed up.

It's their own fault.
edit on 21.6.2022 by TDDAgain because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 21 2022 @ 02:15 PM
link   

Why not create a new class for them?

edit on 21-6-2022 by vNex92 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 21 2022 @ 02:17 PM
link   
a reply to: vNex92
Would not be fair.

If men vs woman is not fair, transmen vs transwoman is not fair either, is what logic dictates. Would you disagree? If you agree, we now agree on that 1 trans category is not enough.

Now you make 2 for each. Someone will come and identify as something else and the result is a ton of more classes.

It's already starting, lend a hand, take the whole arm and rip it out.
edit on 21.6.2022 by TDDAgain because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 21 2022 @ 02:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: TDDAgain

And you think trans-men vs. trans-woman category would be fair?

See it like that, we now have untangled the binary.

We now have
0 female
1 male

and to resolve the binary situation, just look at this new "open" category as the infinity amount of genders that were invented between 0 and 1.

Transgender progression isn't natural. Therefor it is only fitting they get unnatural number. There's an infinity amount of unnatural numbers between 1 and 0. Unnatural means it's not a full number, neither nothing nor 1 2 3 4 but anything in between.

I mean like, what do you want more? Be serious, do you want 402140 to infinite numbers of world sports associations? That's just crazy.

Now it is at least in alignment with math theory. I think that's a huge helping hand towards an absolute minority. That minority like used up all the attention for the next 50 years if you ask me. People are fed up.

It's their own fault.

A new sports league for each new gender identity.

posted on Jun, 21 2022 @ 02:20 PM
link   

How many would that be?

Define a number and I promise you someone will disclose or invent a new gender and disagree with you.

posted on Jun, 21 2022 @ 02:21 PM
link   

What about furries? Sheesh, you're so not work.

posted on Jun, 21 2022 @ 02:22 PM
link   

I sense there is starting a bit of a backlash against all this invasive woke stupidity.
Let's hope it continues and gains momentum.
👍

edit on 21/6/22 by Freeborn because: grammar and clarity

posted on Jun, 21 2022 @ 02:22 PM
link   

How many would that be?

Define a number and I promise you someone will disclose or invent a new gender and disagree with you.

I can’t think about it too much or my head will explode!!

posted on Jun, 21 2022 @ 02:26 PM
link   
Great news!! I hope this "trend" will die off soon..then onto some other lunacy I guess..scary thought!!

I'm all for an open class..run what you brung!!

posted on Jun, 21 2022 @ 02:43 PM
link   

I read a couple days ago that they were going to create a new committee to discuss creating this new 3rd category, but it's now official?

It's a good start. Hopefully other Sports will begin to follow suit, and start a new trend.

I've said it numerous times, but I'll say it again: A 3rd group/category/whatever is the only way to make it fair for everyone. And that goes for restrooms and prisons also. It will require a lot of work, but that's the only way that it truly will work.

I don't have a problem with trans people either, but in my opinion it essentially is a 3rd gender, and that's the way the topic should be treated under certain particular circumstances.

posted on Jun, 21 2022 @ 02:54 PM
link   
a reply to: BrokenCircles

Oh I don't have problem with transgender as a whole either. Not at all. Your body your choice.

Just don't be (not you) ridiculous about it. I don't see how a minority should dictate how the majority lives, thinks and what they can say. No matter if it's religious leaders, politicians or people thinking they are in the wrong body and everyone needs to praise and adore for that just because.

Minorities should, for the sake of it, enjoy a little extra protection but not extra rights. That's my whole stance on it.

posted on Jun, 21 2022 @ 03:19 PM
link   

Damned if you do and damned if you dont.

You cant make something illogical, logical without hurting some feelings.

posted on Jun, 21 2022 @ 04:01 PM
link   

No-one seems to be complaining about competitors with piscean genes having an unfair advantage.

No-one is even testing for it.

posted on Jun, 21 2022 @ 05:24 PM
link   
a reply to: chr0naut
You want gene test to determine race before competition?

Sounds racist. Not surprised, but sounds racist.

posted on Jun, 21 2022 @ 06:43 PM
link   
This isn't a win.

It's just forcing the issue onto 12-year-olds.

posted on Jun, 21 2022 @ 08:02 PM
link   

a reply to: chr0naut
You want gene test to determine race before competition?

Sounds racist. Not surprised, but sounds racist.

Species. Fish are different species.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join