It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russia is starting a giant energy project

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 2 2022 @ 10:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: strongfp
a reply to: YouSir

You know I agree with you. But this isn't about the US being world police and sanctioning anything that doesn't fit their capitalist imperialist machine.

But it still doesn't excuse Russia for what they did, and still doing.

Ummm...I have never once excused Russia for the current conflict...I've only ever pointed out that there are no white knights...and that we could have dealt with Russia in a more friendly way and drawn them into the western sphere as a counter to China...instead all we've accomplished is the opposite...as Russia and China and BRICS counter the west...and cause the collapse of the western currency reserve status...

Foolish...egotistical...and shortsighted...all of these western leaders should be proud of their windmill tilting...

YouSir

posted on Jun, 2 2022 @ 10:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: RussianTroll
a reply to: everyone
The Governor of the Sakhalin Region Valery Limarenko said that the Danish company Copenhagen Offshore Partners wants to lease one of the Kuril Islands called Shumshu, which is located at the southern tip of Kamchatka. The company is going to produce hydrogen there using wind energy. The Danes plan to sell the resulting hydrogen to Japan and South Korea.
Copenhagen Offshore Partners plans to build a wind farm in the Kuriles. Shumshu is almost flat, and the wind constantly blows on it, which is a prerequisite for windmills.

I wonder if that will still be a thing now that EU sanctions are full tilt.

Technically, the Russian War in Ukraine is off topic and RussianTroll was trying to make a post about something positive Russia is doing. Am I right? I see how it's pretty unescapable considering that's all he ever posts about in recent times.

Gotta defend your country from enemy keyboard soldiers in times of war.
edit on CDT10Thu, 02 Jun 2022 10:48:41 -050000000006b2022 by Thrumbo because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 2 2022 @ 10:47 AM
link   
a reply to: 727Sky

that's sad when a county's government is more crooked than it's gangsters.
Sad Just Sad.

posted on Jun, 2 2022 @ 10:54 AM
link   
a reply to: Thrumbo

Yes you are right. Threads about the war only intensify the confrontation. Sooner or later the world will return to stability, however, it will be a different world.
Regarding this project. It costs a lot of money. But it's not even about them. Russia will certainly involve countries interested in cheap energy in this project, such a policy has always existed. There is nothing better for peace and war avoidance than joint structural projects.

posted on Jun, 2 2022 @ 10:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: Thrumbo
RussianTroll was trying to make a post about something positive Russia is doing. Am I right? I see how it's pretty unescapable considering that's all he ever posts about in recent times.

Gotta defend your country from enemy keyboard soldiers in times of war.

The problem with RT's post is they're all "Yay Putin" positive propaganda.

There is no objectivity.

posted on Jun, 2 2022 @ 10:55 AM
link   
a reply to: YouSir

I'm not accusing you of anything, I'm pointing out you were using a classic whataboutism, which most of us all know about, and it has almost no relevance to what Russia is doing right now.

Also, Russia was invited to join NATO... and refused. Becuae Putins ego got in the way. Just like it is now.

Anyway, I don't really want to get into it more. This thread is about Russia making a big dam, not the US and nato being control freaks and Russia being a big cry baby.

posted on Jun, 2 2022 @ 10:56 AM
link   
To translate Russian propaganda the "potential 100 GW/h" means 3 GW/h in reality and it only works 3 months out of the year.

posted on Jun, 2 2022 @ 11:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xtrozero
To translate Russian propaganda the "potential 100 GW/h" means 3 GW/h in reality and it only works 3 months out of the year.

I look forward to your calculations and substantiation of your words.
Otherwise, I can only state an impotent hiss towards a much more successful state that does not steal other people's resources, but is ready to share its own with countries in need.

posted on Jun, 2 2022 @ 11:25 AM
link   
a reply to: RussianTroll

deleted. to harsh.
edit on 2-6-2022 by loufo because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 2 2022 @ 11:39 AM
link   
There's some strong criticism in this thread, which is well reasonable given the war. But still this could be a good project for Russia in the future.

Diversifying Russia's fossil-based export economy would make it harder for Putin's potential successors to maintain their current kleptocratic system. And it will help Russophiles in the West see the benefits of renewable energy.

posted on Jun, 2 2022 @ 11:40 AM
link   

I look forward to your calculations and substantiation of your words.
Otherwise, I can only state an impotent hiss towards a much more successful state that does not steal other people's resources, but is ready to share its own with countries in need.

Well you can keep your state, and we will see. Russia typically over promises and under delivers as a normal course of action. Kind of like your crappy tanks that blow up when the turret is hit and all the ammo is incased around the turret... Maybe not the best design, ya think? I would not be surprised if your project goes along the same lines.

So saving the world by providing all of us with vast amounts of energy is a little over the top even for the Russians.

If we look at Japan's project that is actually well in place unlike Russia's still on the drawing board.

Japan’s New Energy and Industrial Technology Development Organization (NEDO) estimates the Kuroshio Current could potentially generate as much as 200 gigawatts — about 60% of Japan’s present generating capacity.

200 GW/h is 60% of their needs, but you suggest your 100GW/h plants is world saving...lol OK Russia and Japan uses about the same amount of energy per year so your project is about 30% of the needs of Russia. I agree a big deal but not at the level of Russian propaganda big deal.

edit on 2-6-2022 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 2 2022 @ 12:03 PM
link   
a reply to: Xtrozero

I understand that you yourself admitted that the project will work only 3 months a year, a lie.
Received!

posted on Jun, 2 2022 @ 12:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: Cutepants
There's some strong criticism in this thread, which is well reasonable given the war. But still this could be a good project for Russia in the future.

Diversifying Russia's fossil-based export economy would make it harder for Putin's potential successors to maintain their current kleptocratic system. And it will help Russophiles in the West see the benefits of renewable energy.

You know, when they tell me about the capitalization of Apple, I want to answer, try to fill this capitalization in your car, or pay for groceries for your family with it.
And then you will understand the difference between the real economy and the speculative financial economy.

posted on Jun, 2 2022 @ 12:20 PM
link   

I understand that you yourself admitted that the project will work only 3 months a year, a lie.
Received!

Not a lie, just speculating on what is typical for the Russians. Got to add in the time you all will be fixing it too...

As I said it comes to about 30% of Russia's needs IF it actually meets your 100 GW/h, so a good project but not at your hype level.
edit on 2-6-2022 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 2 2022 @ 12:22 PM
link   

Yeah, I'm not saying a tidal energy plant would be any less real energy than oil or natural gas. And I'm not a big fan of Apple or the financial system.

posted on Jun, 2 2022 @ 12:23 PM
link   

I just quoted your comment. You write that your comment is Kremlin propaganda?
I'm crying)))))))

posted on Jun, 2 2022 @ 12:32 PM
link   

Received!

Ummm...it's useless attempting to converse with many of these avatars that merely wish to preen their ignorance...with no attempt at denying it...

Those trapped in the amber of phobia resort to ridicule as a defense mechanism...

Unable to set aside their prejudice...they never realize the humorous caricature they mistake for elucidation...

You certainly don't need my defense...yet...I give it freely as I enjoy your unique perspectives...and have received free of charge an increase to my education...

YouSir
edit on 2-6-2022 by YouSir because: I came early...

posted on Jun, 2 2022 @ 12:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: Cutepants

Yeah, I'm not saying a tidal energy plant would be any less real energy than oil or natural gas. And I'm not a big fan of Apple or the financial system.

And I say that the real power of the state lies not in secondary / tertiary / hundredth issues of shares that are constantly growing in price, but in simple things: how much food, electricity, energy for heating a house, clothes, services and travel can you buy on your own. monthly cash income.
The more such things are available to you, the greater the power of your state.
I take a shower every evening, 2 times a week I take a bath with champagne and shrimp with my beloved woman, I have a business class car, I do not save on fuel, I have my own 3-room apartment and a summer house, I can travel to the sea 2 times a year and buy yourself the necessary gadgets without worrying about the cost of the Internet (it is extremely low).
I do not save on gas, electricity, water and utilities.
And whose state is more powerful?

posted on Jun, 2 2022 @ 12:37 PM
link   

I just quoted your comment. You write that your comment is Kremlin propaganda?
I'm crying)))))))

You can not lie about something that hasn't happen yet. Lets see once it is up and running what it does. What is a planned date for operation.

posted on Jun, 2 2022 @ 12:39 PM
link   

And I say that the real power of the state lies not in secondary / tertiary / hundredth issues of shares that are constantly growing in price, but in simple things: how much food, electricity, energy for heating a house, clothes, services and travel can you buy on your own. monthly cash income.
The more such things are available to you, the greater the power of your state.
I take a shower every evening, 2 times a week I take a bath with champagne and shrimp with my beloved woman, I have a business class car, I do not save on fuel, I have my own 3-room apartment and a summer house, I can travel to the sea 2 times a year and buy yourself the necessary gadgets without worrying about the cost of the Internet (it is extremely low).
I do not save on gas, electricity, water and utilities.
And whose state is more powerful?

So you are about lower middle class in America, got it. I see a lot of very poor Russians, where do you put yourself in terms of percentage of income.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join