It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

(news) Breaking News: There Are Conflicting Reports Of The Popes' Death

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 1 2005 @ 12:55 PM
link   
It might have happened. There are conflicting report everyone wants to be first to report but no one wants to be wrong. He could very well be dead but the are waiting for word from Popes Aids

posted on Apr, 1 2005 @ 12:56 PM
link   
I don't mean to sound crass. But, if his heart and brain are technically stilll working...

Will they have to pull the feeding tube?

posted on Apr, 1 2005 @ 12:57 PM
link   
I think for all intents and purposes he's dead. Are we waiting for something to happen to us at his exact moment of death?

In the immortal words of Ozzy Osbourne; I'll see you on the other side PJPII.

Rest In Peace

posted on Apr, 1 2005 @ 12:58 PM
link   
i think the title should be changed...

the pope is NOT dead...

he WILL die today though...

posted on Apr, 1 2005 @ 01:01 PM
link   
Although I am NOT religeous in nature my thougts are with him and hope he goes peacefully...

CBC Newsworld is covering LIVE from the Vatican for those interested...

posted on Apr, 1 2005 @ 01:04 PM
link   
CNN headlines say that the Vatican is denying rumors that the Pope is dead.
www.cnn.com...

posted on Apr, 1 2005 @ 01:07 PM
link   
They might be saying that because they are waitng for the official word. As soon as i find a site with all the info i will update link and add story.

posted on Apr, 1 2005 @ 01:08 PM
link   
"When the pope dies, the prefect of the papal household (Bishop James Harvey) informs the camerlengo or chamberlain who must verify his death in the presence of the papal master of ceremonies, the cleric prelates of the Apostolic Camera, and the secretary of the Apostolic Camera who draws up a death certificate. As late as 1903, at the death of Leo XIII, this was done by striking the forehead of the pope with a silver hammer. It may also have been used on John XXIII. One colleague remembers a picture in Life magazine (which I have not had time to look for) in 1958 showing Cardinal Tisserant, then Dean of the College of Cardinals, striking the dead Pope on the forehead and asking, three times, "Eugenio, are you dead?" after each stroke, before saying: "I declare that His Holiness Pope Pius XII is truly dead". The camerlengo (Cardinal Eduardo Martinez Somalo) tells the vicar of Rome (Cardinal Camillo Ruini) of the pope’s death and the vicar then informs the people of Rome. Meanwhile the prefect of the papal household tells the dean (Cardinal Joseph Ratzinger) of the college of cardinals who informs the rest of the college, the ambassadors accredited to the Holy See, and the heads of nations. Although this is the formal procedure, in fact most people will first hear of the death of the pope from the media. "

www.americamagazine.org...

posted on Apr, 1 2005 @ 01:11 PM
link   
Also, there's a door at the Vatican that's left open to let the public know that the Pope is dead. Heard that on CNN.

Peace

posted on Apr, 1 2005 @ 01:16 PM
link   
Various sources are reporting; 'heart attack', 'heart failure', 'organs compromised', 'already seeing the lord', 'shallow breathing', 'serene.'

There are about 4k reports on the subject streaming out of the international news offices, more every minute.

posted on Apr, 1 2005 @ 02:40 PM
link   
Well, apparently he's been dead for 5 years.
Maybe they should rename the Vatican City to the Emerald City. Ahh, the hilarious hijinks of the whacky, zany conspiracy theory world.
Taxidermist reveals: Pope JPII is a remote-controlled, stuffed mummy.

posted on Apr, 1 2005 @ 02:54 PM
link   
sounds like the media is waiting for a Vatican statement in which they announce that the pope has died.

The pictures coming from the Vatican are amazing though, all those people there at 11pm at night

posted on Apr, 1 2005 @ 05:58 PM
link   
I feel very sorry for the next pope...
he is going to start out with a very large conspiracy to debunk...

everyone will doubt all his actions due to all the prophesy, and rumors of the "black pope"

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join