It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Complex Life May Have Started on Earth Much Earlier Than We Thought

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 15 2022 @ 05:59 PM
link   
a reply to: visitedbythem

What are you even talking about?

Fauci has got nothing to do with carbon dating, or anything in the thread at all…

posted on Apr, 15 2022 @ 06:00 PM
link   
a reply to: DeathSlayer
For something like this particular sample, they don't even consider carbon dating. There are other well-known isotopic decay chains they can analyze to determine the age of truly ancient geological specimens.

posted on Apr, 15 2022 @ 07:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ohanka

Fauci has got nothing to do with carbon dating, or anything in the thread at all…

You folks brought up religion. There it is!

Im not religious, and neither is my dad. However the people who brought it up are very religious. the worship of fake science. Yeah! they are carbon dating rocks. Why not give the rocks a PCR test while they are at it?

posted on Apr, 15 2022 @ 07:45 PM
link   
Did you know that 4 out of 5 dentists recommend sugarless gum. But one of those 5 doesn't. Probably for no better reason than to be contentious.

Don't be the 5th dentist.

posted on Apr, 15 2022 @ 08:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: visitedbythem

Im not religious, and neither is my dad. However the people who brought it up are very religious. the worship of fake science. Yeah! they are carbon dating rocks. Why not give the rocks a PCR test while they are at it?

Weird. You said this earlier.

a reply to: AugustusMasonicus look down. See your knees? They will bend, and you will bow to the Living God you hate.

Sounds kinda religious to me.

Carbon dating and radiometric dating isn’t religious. They’re methods of measurement.

That’s like saying using a tape measure to find out how long something is is a religion….

posted on Apr, 15 2022 @ 08:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: pfishy
Did you know that 4 out of 5 dentists recommend sugarless gum. But one of those 5 doesn't. Probably for no better reason than to be contentious.

Don't be the 5th dentist.

Brush your teeth after each meal. If not, decay will creep into your life, and there will not be any crown for you.

posted on Apr, 15 2022 @ 08:44 PM
link   

Weird. You said this earlier.

a reply to: AugustusMasonicus look down. See your knees? They will bend, and you will bow to the Living God you hate.

Carbon dating and radiometric dating isn’t religious. They’re methods of measurement.

That’s like saying using a tape measure to find out how long something is is a religion….

That tape measure you are using wont work here. I see you attempting to measure the Universe with it. a 12' tape isn't adequate for even home building

posted on Apr, 15 2022 @ 09:15 PM
link   
Radiometric dating is a perfectly sound method of determining the age of the rock strata in question. Or do you have a more accurate one, perhaps?
reply to: visitedbythem

posted on Apr, 15 2022 @ 09:31 PM
link   
Hopefully this helps.

U-Pb radiometric dating

posted on Apr, 16 2022 @ 05:09 AM
link   
a reply to: EmmanuelGoldstein

Because that's what I picked up between the lines from his response.

His dad is a fervent Christian.

ETA: I see Ohanka already had this conversation with him.

There's only one group of people who think about how every knee shall bow and it ain't BLM.

He can correct me if I'm wrong.

edit on 16-4-2022 by 19Bones79 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 16 2022 @ 07:14 AM
link   

It's amazing how insecure the these people are with their own religion that in a very interesting thread about a scientific discovery they need to come in an bloviate about their religion. It's almost like they do it to convince themselves into thinking their beliefs aren't comical. Even if you ask them a simple question you won't get a straight answer most of the time.

Watch....

posted on Apr, 16 2022 @ 07:15 AM
link   

He said Earth is far younger then they suggest...

How old did daddy say the earth is? How old do you think it is?

posted on Apr, 16 2022 @ 08:09 AM
link   
a reply to: chr0naut

Yeah, imagine a creator creating a vast virtual world and also creating intelligent and self aware virtual 'players'.
The self aware virtual players wanted to know how this universe was created.
The creator tries to explain it to them.
'I turned it on and at the center of the three dimensional grid the light began and spread out, etc.'

posted on Apr, 16 2022 @ 11:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

It's amazing how insecure the these people are with their own religion that in a very interesting thread about a scientific discovery they need to come in an bloviate about their religion. It's almost like they do it to convince themselves into thinking their beliefs aren't comical. Even if you ask them a simple question you won't get a straight answer most of the time.

Watch....

It seems near every thread about science, space, UFOs or ancient civilisations has at least a few people making posts about God or just random bible quotes.

posted on Apr, 16 2022 @ 12:05 PM
link   
a reply to: Ohanka
Of course, because the basis of scientific study, and historical data in particular, are directly contrary to Creationism. So even discussion of UFO and extraterrestrial life phenomenon must be skewed to be of Divine origin, since aliens are not mentioned in the holy scriptures of our world.

posted on Apr, 16 2022 @ 01:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: EmmanuelGoldstein

Yeah, imagine a creator creating a vast virtual world and also creating intelligent and self aware virtual 'players'.
The self aware virtual players wanted to know how this universe was created.
The creator tries to explain it to them.
'I turned it on and at the center of the three dimensional grid the light began and spread out, etc.'

Rendering has to start somewhere.

BTW, nowhere in the Bible does it say that it started in the center. That would be the assumption on your part, probably based upon the Big Bang Cosmological Theory.

posted on Apr, 16 2022 @ 02:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: pfishy
a reply to: Ohanka
Of course, because the basis of scientific study, and historical data in particular, are directly contrary to Creationism.

Science itself self-contradicts, so the fact that it also is contrary to creationist views is trivially disregarded.

For instance, the arising and continued existence of a universe of implicate order directly contradicts observed entropy.

And the idea that matter and forces arose from the quantum foam of virtual particles also requires forces and matter (which would not preexist) to prevent those virtual particles from re-annihilation.

There is much that is pure fantasy that is assumed to be part of science. Where we don't have any observational data, 'science' often fills in the gaps with wild speculation. It isn't really science, but the gaps are so glaring, frequent, and huge that no-one bothers to question the speculations.

So even discussion of UFO and extraterrestrial life phenomenon must be skewed to be of Divine origin, since aliens are not mentioned in the holy scriptures of our world.

Extraterrestrial intelligent beings are mentioned several times in the Bible.

... and as for UFO's, just give Ezekiel's accounts a read!

posted on Apr, 16 2022 @ 07:31 PM
link   

Those wild speculations that fill in the gaps are hypothesis that evolve as our understanding of the universe improves. They question them all the time.

posted on Apr, 16 2022 @ 09:55 PM
link   

Those wild speculations that fill in the gaps are hypothesis that evolve as our understanding of the universe improves. They question them all the time.

... and so they should.

Hypotheses don't have the rigorous nature even of theories. Are hypotheses even 'scientific'?

Definitely they can arise entirely without the 'filter' of scientific method.

And most Cosmologies are 'towers of cards' with hypothesis built on hypothesis and no observer.

edit on 16/4/2022 by chr0naut because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 17 2022 @ 12:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

He said Earth is far younger then they suggest...

How old did daddy say the earth is? How old do you think it is?

Exactly what God said. In fact Jesus commented on this same subject.

Are you aware God the Father wrote part of the Bible with his own finger? It is documented in Exodus 31:18. All the rest of scripture was inspired by the Holy Spirit

If you have 17 minutes to spare, here is a much deeper explanation for you by a minister/ missionary, who has multiple degrees. Doctorate, post doctorate, post post doctorate etc. I think Dr. Barnett did 23 years of college/seminary. My dad approves of his teaching, and suggested that his is sound doctrine.

Hell wasn't created for Humanity. It was made for Satan and his Angels, after the war in Heaven. Likely hundreds of millions got the boot.

The same God you said you despise, loved you and all other Humans so much, that he sent his only begotten Son to take your place, that you might receive a new transformed eternal body instead. Way back in the old testament thousands of years before Christ took on flesh, it was foretold that he would be coming to satisfy the requirements of the law, that no one else could do. That's love.

Satan parades as an Angel of Light, and draws sympathy through deception and lies. That's normal for him. Its what he does. He was the most powerful Cherubim ever created, and he let it get to his head. He became filled with darkness and sin. Darkness is an absence of light. There is no light where he is going either.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join