It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Canadian Sniper In Ukraine Is Still Alive

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 22 2022 @ 09:41 PM
link   
a reply to: SleeperHasAwakened

Hathcock was a marine sniper and died later in life due to complications from being burned alive in Vietnam in which he survived but was messed up really bad. He was also known as white feather and there are some really interesting books written about him.

posted on Mar, 22 2022 @ 09:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: SleeperHasAwakened

originally posted by: Gothmog

originally posted by: vonclod
You can have Kyle.
Canada had/has some good snipers, held the record for longest shot/kill, something like 3800 yrds

Carlos Hathcock for the win .

Message to both of you .

Was the Vietnam era sniper.

I think I saw a video on him, and he was the real McCoy.

IIRC he put away the V.C.s premier sniper, who turned out to be a female. Again if memory serves it was the agent orange and environmental damage that got him in the end, but I'll have to go back and watch that again.

Shot his spotter in the canteen .
Carlos waited forever for anything that could tell him where they were .
Saw a glint of reflected sunlight for just a blink of an eye , pointed and fired .
The round went right down the VC sniper's scope .
According to the TV show I watched .

posted on Mar, 22 2022 @ 09:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: Brotherman

Hathcock was a marine sniper and died later in life due to complications from being burned alive in Vietnam in which he survived but was messed up really bad. He was also known as white feather and there are some really interesting books written about him.

That's right, I remember the white feather, and the story about the burns.

Didn't he also train the next generation of shooters behind him IIRC.

posted on Mar, 22 2022 @ 09:48 PM
link   

You can have Kyle.
Canada had/has some good snipers, held the record for longest shot/kill, something like 3800 yrds

Message to both of you .

Was the Vietnam era sniper.

I think I saw a video on him, and he was the real McCoy.

IIRC he put away the V.C.s premier sniper, who turned out to be a female. Again if memory serves it was the agent orange and environmental damage that got him in the end, but I'll have to go back and watch that again.

Shot his spotter in the canteen .
Carlos waited forever for anything that could tell him where they were .
Saw a glint of reflected sunlight for just a blink of an eye , pointed and fired .
The round went right down the VC sniper's scope .
According to the TV show I watched .

It was probably the same information I saw in the program I watched.

posted on Mar, 22 2022 @ 09:52 PM
link   

I’m kind of foggy on his extent in that I believe he instructed but never trained as his wounds left him almost blind or something like that. Don’t quote me on that just yet as I may be thinking of another marine, I’ll look it up later cause now I’m curious.

It was multiple sclerosis that did him in.
edit on 22-3-2022 by Brotherman because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2022 @ 09:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: VictorVonDoom

originally posted by: markovian
If I was a sniper and the enemy thought I was dead the last thing I would do is announce to the world I'm not

If I was a sniper, the last thing I would do would be to announce that I'm going to be in the Ukraine.

This.
But let me tell you about all the 'snipers' and 'special forces' veterans that went to Iraq to fight ISIS w/ the Kurds.......
Oh wait, I dont have hours to tell it all. What a #show that was.
I would not trust a wannabe going over to another country to fight a war they have nothing to do with. I have my reasons.

But yes, I am in agreement with you.

posted on Mar, 22 2022 @ 10:05 PM
link   
a reply to: shaemac

Lol you mean them guys from camp slayer.

posted on Mar, 22 2022 @ 10:27 PM
link   
a reply to: frogs453

if i were looking to get a few men or a few small teams of the best forest i had in to a SUPER tense hot spot, call these men the point of the spear if you will, why not reactivate or sheep dip a few special forces guys or send them to the state department as 'aids' and 'security'.

there are American and other NATO special forces on the ground there 110% put my name on it.

how do you think these guys learned how to use stingers and javelins and these Turkish drones as well as more advanced SAM systems.

They are trained by forces from the US and UK and Canada.

i would bet my real life on it.

posted on Mar, 23 2022 @ 12:08 AM
link   
Spam removed.
edit on 3/23/2022 by seagull because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 23 2022 @ 12:57 AM
link   

You can have Kyle.

I don't doubt you boys can shoot. It's not the accuracy bit I'm quibbling with.

What troubles me is that ... if Mr. Kyle were here, and other like him, would/do they stay 'out of the fray' and not go shooting people...for what? If one is from U.S./Canda and not descendant from the Rus or Khazars, then, what possible God and Country is somebody over there getting trigger time for.

It's a morale dilemma not a skill one. I'm saying IMHO if this guy is really over there then he flunked the former. Maybe others don't see it that way but it's my feeling on foreigners going to fight in other people's wars.

Ok, I agree about the moral dilemma. Canada does have a large Ukrainian population, maybe this sniper is related?

posted on Mar, 23 2022 @ 01:06 AM
link   

You can have Kyle.

Message to both of you .

Definitely sounds like he was a true badass!

posted on Mar, 23 2022 @ 04:44 AM
link   
a reply to: Spacespider

Schrodinger's sniper. Don't look too hard.

posted on Mar, 23 2022 @ 05:33 AM
link   
i'm pretty sure the Ruskies and Ukrainians have some pretty tasty snipers of their own. This guy is just another trained marksman with good sneaky beaky qualities. Other than the rifle and his ability to # in a bag for days on end without being detected he's nothing special.

Back in the day, I was regularly dropping head size plates at 500 yards with an SLR 7.62 ...unscoped. A decent hunter given the same toys could do some damage at quite a distance.

If caught, if he's even in Ukrain?, he will die, horribly.

posted on Mar, 23 2022 @ 05:35 AM
link   
Wali interviewed in Ukraine...

posted on Mar, 23 2022 @ 10:52 AM
link   
Really? Duh.

Who believed he died? Not me. How silly to believe someone like this guy was killed.

no one is looking for you, if they think you are dead. It's called disinformation. And people here helped him out by spreading it. And for that, I say thanks.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join