It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is the Best Movie of All Time... In Your humble opinion

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 12 2022 @ 07:14 AM
link   
a reply to: Akragon

No absolute favorite but love this classic. Going to watch it now and Saturday clean

posted on Mar, 12 2022 @ 07:17 AM
link   
As a kid growing up my favourite movie of all time was/is Disney’s the sword and the stone from 1963. I was born in the 90s and wore out several vhs tapes because i would watch it then rewind then watch then rewind. I was totally fascinated by the world the magic all of it! I’ve been into fantasy from that moment on.

Who?! I’d like to know who?!!?

posted on Mar, 12 2022 @ 07:25 AM
link   
a reply to: TheGreazel

Interstellar ranks high on my list too (but so does Beethoven)

posted on Mar, 12 2022 @ 07:28 AM
link   

To me, Rocky is my all time favorite.

Theres a Thanksgiving tradition in my house. Every year, we have guests over and we all watch Rocky until dinner is ready.
We eat, then finish watching which ever part of the series while passing out on the couch lol.

The movie ive watched the most on my own though, has to be Interstellar.
Rocky and Interstellar are my two all time faves.

posted on Mar, 12 2022 @ 07:28 AM
link   
a reply to: ThatDamnDuckAgain

I knew I liked you for a reason!

posted on Mar, 12 2022 @ 07:34 AM
link   

Silent Running for the win

posted on Mar, 12 2022 @ 07:39 AM
link   
My top three in no particular order.
Let There Be Blood.
Dr Strangelove.
The Unforgiven.

posted on Mar, 12 2022 @ 07:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: ThatDamnDuckAgain
a reply to: TheGreazel

Interstellar ranks high on my list too (but so does Beethoven)

My opinion of a single 'Best' never stays the same. (similar with music, my absolute favorite bounces around between a few different albums)

First time I watched 'Interstellar', as soon as it ended I immediately thought, "That's the best movie I've ever seen."

It's definitely still up there in my top 5, but I wouldn't always put it at #1. (even though I haven't seen a better brand new movie since then)

posted on Mar, 12 2022 @ 07:53 AM
link   
a reply to: BrokenCircles

This was my reaction too! I just recently read something about physics not being portrayed correct, that's why it did not became #1. Because most of what I liked with the movie was making me think about gravity and time. I knew before gravity etc... but the movie achieved to demonstrate the workings in a good way.

After that movie I started to develop interest in all things space travel. Like, norms and rules and things to be aware of that we do not need to be about, on Earth. This movie led me to watch Star Trek, something I never had great interest in before but I then slowly understood the fascination.

posted on Mar, 12 2022 @ 07:57 AM
link   
Diehard
Mr. Smith Goes to Washington
Dirty Rotten Scoundrels
The Big Kahuna

posted on Mar, 12 2022 @ 08:06 AM
link   
a reply to: CptGreenTea

Watching it in HBO as we speak .. let you know !

posted on Mar, 12 2022 @ 08:06 AM
link   

A question that’s impossible to answer.

But we try anyway…..lol

Close encounters……
Jaws…
LOTR…any of the three

There are just too many to say one is the best… which is a good problem to have.

posted on Mar, 12 2022 @ 08:10 AM
link   
a reply to: Bluntone22

There can only be one

posted on Mar, 12 2022 @ 08:17 AM
link   
I don't think I could pick a single favorite. It's amazing how much is out there, but when you look at the different genres, there's always 3-4 that rise to the top.
It's also amazing how a film sometimes becomes more than just the sum of its parts. I know it sounds corny, but sometimes magic happens in film making. A killer script, great acting and directing all come together.

That said, here are some great scenes from favorite movies:

I'm a locksmith...

I drink your milkshake.

You know Ed, if I thought you weren't my friend, I just don't think I could bear it.

To the Emerald City as fast as lightning!

I'll never put on a lifejacket again.

posted on Mar, 12 2022 @ 08:31 AM
link   
Blazing Saddles. But you aren't allowed to watch it. (they say the N word)

posted on Mar, 12 2022 @ 08:45 AM
link   

Malpertuis. (The Legend of Doom House. USA title).

It's weird, no one's seen it and it's nothing like the book by Jean Ray.

I just found everything about it to be spot on.

Big gothic house, strange characters, oddly mysterious and the casting was perfect. Orson Welles was great in it and Susan Hampshire plays three different people very believably.

edit on 1232022 by Tulpa because: Spilling and added US title.

posted on Mar, 12 2022 @ 08:56 AM
link   
Apocalypto is right up there imo.

Every scene every second had me glued to the screen.

posted on Mar, 12 2022 @ 09:08 AM
link   
For me I rate the best movies by how blown away I was by seeing them coming out of the theatre.
Every suggested best movie above my post are good movies in their own right but they never moved me like the ones below.

And I have two one as a child and one as an adult, and I think that should be a criteria as well as our perceptions changes.
I didn't know anything too much about either movie as it was before the internet, I also went to book stores in the magazine section, there was a couple of upcoming movie magazines, and that's how we got our information back then.

1)Star Wars-A New Hope first time viewing on the big screen as child.

2)Terminator 2 as young adult.

These two movies are the best in their time because of the wow factor, and nothing; not the Lord or the Rings, Avengers, or Avatar has wowed me as much since, I don't think anything else ever will as these two movies stand on the pinnacle of special effects development with a good story and script as well, in both the 70's and early 90's

Now if you want to know which movie I rate as best without special effects which is way down the list of mine overall, it's a little known movie called "The Pelican Brief".
That movie gave me the biggest wow factor for the script with no special effects and minimal action, it was the story that pulled me in. If you have never seen it, put it on your list to watch.

edit on 12-3-2022 by Blue_Jay33 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 12 2022 @ 09:27 AM
link   
a reply to: Gothmog

u never liked highlander u say
off with ur head lol

and i think for me personally rocky is the best movie ever made its brilliant also terminator but rocky goes a bit deeper

edit on 12-3-2022 by negedef because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 12 2022 @ 09:41 AM
link   
Terminator 2. Took everything the first one did and made it 20,000,000 times cooler!

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join