It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The secret plot to blow up a nuclear bomb in the North Yorkshire Moors

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 20 2022 @ 12:03 PM
link   

The Government secretly plotted to blow up a nuclear bomb in Yorkshire, it has been revealed.

New research by archive expert Tom Scott has revealed the alarming plan and even the exact location of where the explosion would happen.

He discovered that a dale in the North Yorkshire Moors just a few miles from Pickering and Whitby would be the site for the massive underground blast.

The secret plot to blow up a nuclear bomb in the North Yorkshire Moors

I do wonder what other crazy ideas have been mooted for the UK over the years No wonder some of us don't trust our governments
Anyone who knows the area would know how crazy this plane really was
Massive chemical works in Teesside are very close by with RAF Fylingdale early warning station almost beside the proposed blast site

posted on Feb, 20 2022 @ 12:17 PM
link   
a reply to: astra001uk

From your link 'He said the UK report was produced in 1969 at the height of the Space Race and the so-called “white heat of technology” era.'
It took more than 50 years to see the light of day, which doesn't give me much hope of being around when the truth comes out about the Trump presidency, Biden election or the 'pandemic', Fauci, China and all world governments working against the people.
The meaning of 'transparency' needs to be redefined.

posted on Feb, 20 2022 @ 12:26 PM
link   
a reply to: nugget1
I agree with you wholeheartedly it worries me that common sense and honestly seems not to exist in any governments now (Maybe I am stupid to think it ever did exist )

posted on Feb, 20 2022 @ 12:47 PM
link   
"And an introduction said the blasts were designed to “create underground storage for gas or oil” or to “stimulate natural gas production” – a reference to what is now known as fracking."

Bonkers.

posted on Feb, 20 2022 @ 12:58 PM
link   
a reply to: astra001uk

Absolutely barmy....and far too close to me for my liking!

posted on Feb, 20 2022 @ 01:33 PM
link   
Yeah, the US government plotted to kill a bunch of Citizens in Miami, blame the Cubans and use it to justify an invasion.

And they wonder why we 1) believe nothing they say 2) believe they are an illegitimate occupying force and 3) believe EVERY attack is a false flag until proven beyond any doubt (reasonable or not)

Such is the cost of being a conglomerate of lying sacks of excrement I suppose.

posted on Feb, 20 2022 @ 02:20 PM
link   
a reply to: JBurns

Operation Northwoods.

Said to be the precursor to 911.

Edit: allegedly
edit on 20-2-2022 by Bigburgh because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 20 2022 @ 02:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bigburgh
a reply to: JBurns

Operation Northwoods.

Said to be the precursor to 911.

Edit: allegedly

Not gonna lie, Seeing the Northwoods scenario typed on an actual document after the FOIA, is when I really said our government will not just lie they will manipulate and lie to us. Which to me is magnitudes worse than just lying and I hate the lying, to begin with.

posted on Feb, 20 2022 @ 02:54 PM
link   
a reply to: putnam6

McNamara and Kissinger

Edit: George Bush Sr., LBJ "El".
Allegedly of course.
edit on 20-2-2022 by Bigburgh because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 20 2022 @ 02:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: Oldcarpy2
"And an introduction said the blasts were designed to “create underground storage for gas or oil” or to “stimulate natural gas production” – a reference to what is now known as fracking."

Bonkers.

What could possibly go wrong? www.youtube.com...
In the 1960's and onward, Project Plowshare plan had nukes being used to excavate. When Israel was denied access to the Suez Canal, it was suggested that nuclear explosions be used to make a second canal. The Panama Canal is too narrow for some vessels so another sea level canal was proposed that was to be excavated using nuclear explosions. Fortunately, sanity prevailed and the consequences of the difference in elevations of the Pacific and the Caribbean was explained to the proposers, and it was quietly forgotten.
There are many videos

posted on Feb, 20 2022 @ 03:04 PM
link   
a reply to: pteridine

Wiser heads prevailed!

Then there were those nuclear powered bombers.......I seem to recall that the Russians got around the problem of the weight of lead shielding for the crew by, not giving a stuff about them?

posted on Feb, 20 2022 @ 03:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: Oldcarpy2
a reply to: pteridine

Wiser heads prevailed!

Then there were those nuclear powered bombers.......I seem to recall that the Russians got around the problem of the weight of lead shielding for the crew by, not giving a stuff about them?

The Russians saved weight in their subs that way, too. The probability of getting leukemia was inversely proportional to the distance of one's duty station from the reactor.

As I remember, there was a plan to power a B-36 with a reactor so it could loiter for long periods and have unlimited range. That and NERVA didn't work out either.

posted on Feb, 20 2022 @ 08:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: JBurns
Yeah, the US government plotted to kill a bunch of Citizens in Miami, blame the Cubans and use it to justify an invasion.

And they wonder why we 1) believe nothing they say 2) believe they are an illegitimate occupying force and 3) believe EVERY attack is a false flag until proven beyond any doubt (reasonable or not)

Such is the cost of being a conglomerate of lying sacks of excrement I suppose.

That's the thing, your average normie has no idea how much of this stuff is documented, de-classified, etc. MK ULTRA, Operation Mockingbird, Cointelpro, and as you mentioned, the plan to conduct a false flag blaming Cubans for a downed US jet liner.

posted on Feb, 21 2022 @ 12:28 AM
link   
how close is that to canterberry? my friend is looking at a place there, no moat tho.

should i tell him?

posted on Feb, 21 2022 @ 09:16 AM
link   
that's why they wanted to test it there

for all those reasons you listed

especially with a base right by to monitor everything, oh yeah that would look juicy to a early nuclear scientist. I mean how close can you get and do JUST enough damage to hopefully not case a disaster but provide good data

posted on Feb, 21 2022 @ 09:49 AM
link   
a reply to: sarahvital

The other end of the country.
Canterbury is in South East England, Wheeldale is North East(ish) England.....about 300 miles away.

I'm about 50 miles or so further north.

posted on Feb, 21 2022 @ 12:42 PM
link   
a reply to: noscopebacon

Except it was going to be @ 2,000 feet underground?

posted on Feb, 21 2022 @ 01:44 PM
link   
a reply to: Oldcarpy2

Would you feel comfortable about that?
I'm hardly a geologist etc but does anyone truly know what effect that would have that deep underground?
Would there be any significant reaction etc?

I guess that's one of the reasons they never went ahead with what seems to me to be a pretty hairbrained idea.

posted on Feb, 21 2022 @ 01:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: Freeborn

Would you feel comfortable about that?
I'm hardly a geologist etc but does anyone truly know what effect that would have that deep underground?
Would there be any significant reaction etc?

I guess that's one of the reasons they never went ahead with what seems to me to be a pretty hairbrained idea.

No, not comfortable with it, just pointing out it was not an above ground thing.

They had some bonkers ideas at the time.

posted on Feb, 21 2022 @ 02:03 PM
link   

No, not comfortable with it, just pointing out it was not an above ground thing.

Thought so mate.

They had some bonkers ideas at the time.

They sure did.

I suspect its not that different today...I dread to think what crazy schemes they are dreaming up behind closed doors at present.
In todays climate the lust for money rules and anything that could potentially turn a profit will probably be given serious consideration.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join