It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can Satellite Weapons Detonate Ammunition

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 20 2022 @ 10:15 AM
link   
We saw how the US lost in Iraq. Saddam gave his generals three orders. The three orders were:-

Split into groups of three.

No electronic communications.

No engagement to last longer than twenty minutes.

On October 10, 2006 a number of groups of three fired mortars and rockets into the largest store of US ammunition in Iraq for twenty minutes, without giving any warning by using electronic communications.

The result was this. Skip to 3.58 for the biggy. (Not a nuke, just a mushroom cloud.) The video was taken from eight miles away, debris landed up to ten miles away.

My question for the weapons experts is this.

Can a satellite based weapon detonate an ammunition store such as RAF Welford.

Today it is one of the largest ammunition compounds for the United States Air Force in Western Europe for heavy munitions.
en.wikipedia.org...

Asking for a friend.

posted on Feb, 20 2022 @ 10:21 AM
link   
No...well not human satellite weapons

posted on Feb, 20 2022 @ 10:22 AM
link   
a reply to: putnam6
So it's aliens. Should have seen that coming.

posted on Feb, 20 2022 @ 10:52 AM
link   
a reply to: Kester

My opinion yes, I think that crop circles are created from something like a high frequency microwave weapon on a satellite. Crop circles could be the yearly testing and calibration of these space weapons. Many of the circle look as though they were printed across the landscape, maybe they were.

They would have to wait for that satellite to pass over the target so it would be a time sensitive weapon that has windows of opportunity.

posted on Feb, 20 2022 @ 10:55 AM
link   
My question would be if satellite weapons exist would they be able to detonate Nukes in their silos .

posted on Feb, 20 2022 @ 11:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheLieWeLive

My opinion yes, I think that crop circles are created from something like a high frequency microwave weapon on a satellite. Crop circles could be the yearly testing and calibration of these space weapons. Many of the circle look as though they were printed across the landscape, maybe they were.

They would have to wait for that satellite to pass over the target so it would be a time sensitive weapon that has windows of opportunity.

If satellites are doing crop circles, then we had the technology in the early '70s. Because even though we have had earlier reports it took off in the 70's. Ergo if it's from satellite's it isn't our satellites.

posted on Feb, 20 2022 @ 11:37 AM
link   

Ah, but they did have this tech in at least the 70's.

The next most technologically advanced class of Direct Energy Weapons is High Powered Microwaves. Although less well known than lasers, they hold an equal potential for usefulness on the battlefield of the future. While lasers offer a straight forward history, High Powered Microwaves (HPM) developed less evenly. In fact the normal microwave technologies used in ovens and for communications played minor roles in the development of HPMs. The technologies used to create HPMs derived from research into nuclear weapons effects. Since the late 70’s the technology has accelerated.

Linky
The quote is from page 16 of this document.
WEAPONEERING THE FUTURE: DIRECT ENERGY WEAPONS EFFECTIVENESS NOW AND TOMMOROW
by Chadwick F. Fager, Major, USAF

Most likely the first crop circles were from board and strings if not dust devil winds, but as the circles advanced coming out of the 70's, so were certain technologies. A government could have used the crop circle phenomenon to hide their testing of a weapon in plain site.
Oh and remember the 80's and Reagans Star Wars, I doubt it ever stopped.

edit on 20-2-2022 by TheLieWeLive because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 20 2022 @ 11:53 AM
link   

Well potentially one can, a space based laser or a space based laser reflector on a satellite could beam down or deflect a powerful laser beam IF the technology exists which there are many claims that it does.

Such a weapon could heat volatile types of ammunition up enough to cause it to explode.

Other forms of directed energy also could potentially do so.

And if I remember there was even a science fiction plot that is very real world in terms of technical capability to use a huge solar reflector or array of reflector satellites to focus a beam of solar radiation doing pretty much the same thing as a Laser down at the ground or even the atmosphere on targeted locations which could be used to start wildfires, heat a city or military installation up to the temperature of an oven (Well some localized location anyway I mean while possible a whole city is going to require one hell of a reflector) or even control the weather by artificially creating heat vortex that would interact with the weather system.

But for the laser or other directed energy weapon type technology guess is yes but it is most likely that any such technology would not be in space except as a prototype and the earlier stages would be fitted in aircraft.

Remember the biggest problem for directed energy weapons is distance, Microwaves attenuate less than other signals over distance so most directed energy weapons are likely still based around that technology but Lasers are getting ever more practice with the US even arming some of it's jets with them, now whether that is as a defence or an offensive system I would guess a defensive system as they can likely both blind the sensors of incoming missiles and also pilots and perhaps also destroy the incoming missiles and fighters before they are in range to engage.

Still pretty long ways before we get anything like star trek phasers outside the black space projects that is.

edit on 20-2-2022 by LABTECH767 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 20 2022 @ 12:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ravenwatcher
My question would be if satellite weapons exist would they be able to detonate Nukes in their silos .

Basically No (But it is possible) and this is down to how a Nuke work's, most nukes consist of a core of plutonium with an even more unstable plutonium isotopic bullet that will be fired into the centre of the core like a plunger or a piston at enough speed to force the very atom's to collide and the core itself is surrounded by (in the old days a beryllium sphere AND then around that) an array of shaped charges designed to all detonate at the same instant creating a massive shock wave toward the core of the plutonium ball to further implode and compress it forcing the atomic cores to collide and split.

So to detonate them you need high pressure at the molecular scale (you need to split the atomic nucleus and one way is to try to get them to collide with one another), enough to cause the atoms which are already unstable to undergo a process called nuclear fission (the core were the neutrons and protons live breaks apart, this releases neutrons that fly off near the speed of light and collide with other plutonium nuclei causing them to also split and release yet more neutrons).

Now apparently they have been able to use a laser apparatus for short term sustained nuclear FUSION but that is the opposite of FISSION which you find in a nuclear bomb OR a nuclear power station (Bomb's use a more unstable elements so go boom rather than melt down).

You need that ball of densely packed Plutonium to create what is called a cascade reaction as when one atom splits it releases several neutrons that then hit other atoms (so they have to be densely packed together for it to work) and cause them to split releasing yet more neutrons (and energy, heat, light and radiation) it happens so quickly that most of the nuclear material undergoes this process and the energy released is your nuclear flash and explosion.

But if you just heat it on up it will just melt, the powerful plastic explosives around it may explode however but without a controlled detonation it is extremely unlikely that a nuke would go off simply because of heat.

Though never say never put that plutonium core under enough heat from a laser and you may yet get an atomic core to auto fission and start the chain reaction, it is far more likely for it to just melt though especially since you do not have that very short term intense compression of the material that is needed to trigger the fission process.

Now bear in mind my knowledge is VERY rusty and I may be wrong on a few points but generally I would say no.

posted on Feb, 20 2022 @ 08:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheLieWeLive

Ah, but they did have this tech in at least the 70's.

The next most technologically advanced class of Direct Energy Weapons is High Powered Microwaves. Although less well known than lasers, they hold an equal potential for usefulness on the battlefield of the future. While lasers offer a straight forward history, High Powered Microwaves (HPM) developed less evenly. In fact the normal microwave technologies used in ovens and for communications played minor roles in the development of HPMs. The technologies used to create HPMs derived from research into nuclear weapons effects. Since the late 70’s the technology has accelerated.

Linky
The quote is from page 16 of this document.
WEAPONEERING THE FUTURE: DIRECT ENERGY WEAPONS EFFECTIVENESS NOW AND TOMMOROW
by Chadwick F. Fager, Major, USAF

Most likely the first crop circles were from board and strings if not dust devil winds, but as the circles advanced coming out of the 70's, so were certain technologies. A government could have used the crop circle phenomenon to hide their testing of a weapon in plain site.
Oh and remember the 80's and Reagans Star Wars, I doubt it ever stopped.

hmm got a nibble time to set the hook...

www.cropcircleconnector.com › column › deadsea.html

posted on Feb, 20 2022 @ 08:50 PM
link   

Yes it seems a microwave oven can detonate ammunition.In a previous vid they put a load of .22 longs in and they went off.

edit on 20-2-2022 by anonentity because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 22 2022 @ 07:32 AM
link   

The early circles were thought to be from dust devil winds because their would only be a circle.
If we want to be technical, today’s crop “circles” are really crop designs. Some even have depth perception added to them, meaning one part of the design is raised higher to create depth when viewing from above.
The 3D face or the Alien holding a disc both have those features, not really something you can do overnight with boards and strings.

posted on Feb, 22 2022 @ 09:16 AM
link   
a reply to: TheLieWeLive

The one thing you have to ask yourself is are they communicating back as I believe the phenomena actually most likely began with these guy's over here in England.

Of course remember there will always be those that claim something AFTER it has been done by someone or something else in order to claim credit for it.

But some of those patterns and the way the wheat is pushed down were definitely done by something other than human activity as well as EM affects in those areas.
And if these are not fake?.

(This next one is Obviously fake and was probably made for a documentary about claims of UFO's making them)

But others may be more genuine.

Either way though are they ART or Science or something between the two.

Are they communication or could we just be seeing aliens and humans both taking there crayons to the same paper?.

posted on Feb, 22 2022 @ 09:20 AM
link   

Have to be a powerful laser to do it from orbit.

Other thing is that munitions are usually stored in bunkers.

Iraq had ongoing military operations, thus boom-boom stuff was stored in the open.

Maybe open ammo dumps will start wearing a tinfoil hat.

Cheers

new topics

top topics

join