It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Old Movies in 3D...Oh and Star Wars

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 30 2005 @ 02:21 PM
link   
www.dvdfile.com...

Check this out! Amazing!

Star Wars (all six) re-released in 3D on 2007? Peter Jackson making Hobbits (Ring prequel) in 3D? Very cool

The panel presented a collection transformed 3-D clips from Attack of the Clones, A New Hope, and several other films. Reports from the show indicate that the 3-D effect is very impressive and very natural. Lucas announced that he plans to re-release the entire Star Wars saga - all six episodes - in 3-D starting in 2007 with A New Hope on its 30th anniversary; he then plans to re-release one transformed Star Wars film in each succeeding year. And Lucas was reported to have said that he wants to convince Steven Spielberg to shoot the fourth (and presumably last) Indiana Jones film in 3-D.

posted on Mar, 30 2005 @ 02:56 PM
link   
Very cool! The gf was just mentioning how she misses 3D movies last night. We probably have a whole generation here that has never seen them.

posted on Mar, 30 2005 @ 03:13 PM
link   
A strong return in 3D sounds great! Empire Strikes Back in 3D will be awesome.

I hope it wont bring about Smell-o-vision.

posted on Mar, 30 2005 @ 03:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Umbrax
I hope it wont bring about Smell-o-vision.

If Jar Jar becomes involved then I will be praying against it right next to you.

posted on Mar, 30 2005 @ 03:19 PM
link   
Yes, i have never seen a 3-D movie, but i have seen the star wars movies 5 times each, all five! I can't wait for the 6th to come out. It must be awsome. I can't wait for 3-D star wars. It sounds cool.

posted on Apr, 7 2005 @ 06:35 PM
link   
I'm not too keen on the idea. When ever i go to see one of those 3-D movies at disney world, i get annoyed by the polorizations of both the lens mixing with my vision. Same with those blue and red filters. Drive me insane :bnghd: . Have they figured out how to make 3-D into 2-D yet? cause if they do make Indiana Jones 4 3-D, I'm waiting for the 2-D DVD or who knows, maybe they'll figure out how to fix the annoying filters...

posted on Apr, 9 2005 @ 03:34 PM
link   
If I recall correctly, James Cameron developed or had a hand in some new 3D technology. Not sure if this is what is mentioned or not. He used it for some of his recent IMAX ventures...and they're looking to standardize the process for 3D without the problems of the past...(think there was a story in EW about it).

top topics

join