It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Logarithmic Path of the Pole and Climate Change Correlation

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 21 2022 @ 03:19 PM
link   
a reply to: CharlesNPope

Looks like Canadians are going on strike like Snefru's rowers!! Better call upon your magic man, Trudeau (lol).

There's still a good bit more that can be teased out of the Westcar Papyrus, because little progress has been made with its interpretation since Alan Gardiner speculated in 1925 that the Sanctuary of Thoth might be an unknown temple in Hermopolis, i.e., anything and anywhere except the Giza Plateau. Egyptologists don't want to touch the Westcar Papyrus and neither do Biblical scholars.

www.crystalinks.com...

Other than Miriam Lichtheim's partial translation, I could only find the following:

mjn.host.cs.st-andrews.ac.uk...

An article from 2002 continued to perpetuate the myth of its unhistorical nature:

Harold M. Hayes, " Historicity of the Papyrus Westcar"
scholarlypublications.universiteitleiden.nl...
(available as a download from Academia.com)

The two main arguments are that the Westcar Papyrus refers to pharaohs by sobriquets (nicknames) rather than their official throne names or birth names. For example, Kakai (Neferirkare) is referred to as Kaku, "Dark". Given that the Bible is literally littered with colloquial nicknames (and especially pejorative epithets) of ancient kings, it is not reasonable to dismiss the historicity of the Westcar Papyrus on that basis alone. If anything, it only further corroborates the influence it had on Biblical narrative style. Secondly, the Westcar is dismissed, because Khufu is told that his dynasty will end after two more kings. Assorted king-lists assign more than four kings to the 4th Dynasty. However, apart from Khafre and Menkaure, the only other significant 4th Dynasty pharaoh was Shepseskaf, whose four year reign might not have been fully independent. So, this is also not a valid reason to reject the historical value of the Westcar Papyrus out-of-hand.

It is now clear that many co-regents did not live or rule long enough to succeed to the throne. Egyptologists generally reject co-regencies unless there is hard evidence of it. Therefore, this is one of those cases in where "absence of evidence is not evidence of absence". It may be that co-regency was more of the rule than an exception throughout pharaonic history. Also, kings were averse to directly recognize other kings in their inscriptions (unless they were claiming to have defeated them). We are told by Manetho that parallel dynasties did exist, he just didn't point them out to us. My own research has demonstrated many parallel reigns and dynasties, and that powerful rulers typically established multiple kingships under different names, e.g., one if Lower Egypt and another in Upper Egypt. Egyptology cannot currently even entertain such things even as possibilities, because of an irrational commitment to a grossly bloated chronology.

Recovering an entire lost civilization was beyond reach, but perpetuating its memory was realistic and expedient, especially a a means of justifying their rule when they didn't have much left from the Golden Age to show for it. Upon closer examination, role playing in the Old Kingdom was already very well defined and based upon "fulfilling" the precedents (stereotypes) of the Egyptian pantheon through token/symbolic play acting. For example, the name of the prisoner that Khufu offered to behead was thought to be "Philitis", which must be a Greek appropriation for the beheaded Osiris as the "Beloved", especially the beloved god of women.

An expanded mapping of roles to princes in the 4th Dynasty is:

Khufu = Ra = Jacob
Kawab = Geb = Reuben
Djed-ef-Re (Re-djed-ef) = Thoth = Simeon
Hor-djed-ef = Set = Levi
Khafre = Horus the Elder = Judah
Bau-ef-Re (Baba-ef-Re) = Osiris = Issachar (Johanan/Joktan/John/Phil)

edit on 21-2-2022 by CharlesNPope because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 24 2022 @ 08:43 PM
link   

It would probably be useful to revisit the "Star Catalog" of the Greek astronomer Ptolemy and an even earlier one by Hipparchus.

en.wikipedia.org...

Both of these works contained position data for individual stars. Ptolemy claimed to measure his in relation to the ecliptic, which might not be helpful in determining if a pole shift/flip was in progress. However, Hipparchus supposedly used equatorial coordinates. Both sets of star data contain anomalies that have not been fully resolved, but perhaps this is because of changes in the Earth's tilt and apparent precession.

posted on Feb, 25 2022 @ 06:25 PM
link   

Philip Coppens wrote in detail about the Navis Argo Constellation in his book, The Canopus Revelation. On page 60, he states that Rhodes is the northernmost point at which the star Canopus can be seen. But, was that the case in the Classical Age and earlier?

Coppens also mentions (p. 52) Hipparchus of Nicaea/Alexandria.

"Hipparchus, a chief librarian, si credited with inventing longitude and latitude, importing the 360-degree circular system from Babylonia, calculating the length of the year within six minutes accuracy, discovering and mapping the precession of the equinoxes, the size and trajectory of the sun, and the moo's path, as well as amassing a sky-chart of constellations and stars, and speculated that stars might have both births and deaths. But is it true, as historians suggest, that these scientists discovered all of these items? Is it not possible, perhaps more logical to assume that they merely leafed through the knowledge in their library, knowledge that in Egyptian times had been sacred, and hence secret, but which now was published and opened for mass consumption?"

en.wikipedia.org...

But, why would the later astronomer Claudius Ptolemy reject the Hipparchus equatorial system of star location in favor of an ecliptic system? This does at least suggest a problem with the equatorial system, and specifically a problem caused by the changing of the Earth's tilt.

The following site has an archive of the Ptolemy "Star Catalog":

pbarbier.com...

There seems to have been much effort put into "correcting" Ptolemy's data and trying to reconcile differences in the data between various Latin translations of the original Greek work, which is also a red flag. According to the above article, "Flamsteed's and Halma's versions, in particular, contain some egregious positions."
edit on 25-2-2022 by CharlesNPope because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 25 2022 @ 08:04 PM
link   

Another aspect of the Westcar Papyrus that has contributed to its dismissal is the supposed magical content. But, upon closer examination, the Westcar Papyrus is actually ridiculing the powers of the priests.

In the first vignette, we aren't sure exactly what magic was performed. All we have is the punch line, and that actually tells us almost everything we need to know. In that first vignette, the pharaoh does nothing and yet he receives all of the credit. The priest, even one of Imhotep's renown, doesn't even receive an honorable mention. (In the following vignettes, a modest priestly honorarium follows the largesse awarded to the king. Nothing follows the king's portion in the first vignette.)

In the second vignette, a wax crocodile is said to transform into a real crocodile and then back again. This is similar to the magic performed at pharaoh's court in the Bible where staffs were said to become serpents. Moses and Aaron were able to perform the same trick and the serpents of Moses were even said to have swallowed those of the pharaoh. It was an impressive trick, but a trick just the same.

In the third vignette, the priest orders part of the lake drained. This likely involved nothing more than restoring the operation of a sluice gate, which are known to have existed around the Giza Plateau.

The fourth vignette introduces the cheapest and cheesiest trick of all. The two parts of a decapitated goose are first separated and then drawn together in some kind of puppet show. The farce is made all the more evident by having both halves of the dead animal produce sounds as they approach each other. And, when the two halves meet, poof, they vanish and a living duck appears in their place! The magician-priest Djedi doesn't actually know how to do anything. He also has an eating disorder and was probably morbidly obese. Yet, he is actually praised for this, at least by the royal males. This was an age of “faking it” rather than “making it.” The Westcar Papyrus indicates that the royal women were not impressed.

The "greatest wonder" is reserved for the fifth and final vignette, that of producing healthy royal children. Kings and priests are lampooned as completely powerless when it comes to the miracle of life. One of the "morals of the story" is that Khufu had an infertility problem (among other things). Most, or even all, of his nominal sons were not actually his. The end of his dynasty was a foregone conclusion. The Westcar Papyrus amounts to "the writing on the wall" for Khufu, ala the declaration of "mene, mene, tekel, upharsin" in the Book of Daniel for a neo-Khufu. The days of Khufu were numbered. He had been judged by the leading lady and found deficient. His kingdom would be given to others.

Barrenness was invariably blamed on the woman. Royal men could prove their fertility by producing offspring with commoner women, however royal women were constrained to mating with their kinsmen. In actuality, sustained incest made royal breeding very difficult, but most of the burden was placed on the female to achieve as many pregnancies as possible to ensure propagation of the royal institution.

Collectively, the five vignettes of the Westcar Papyrus drive home the following themes:

1) The triumph of gentle gods, such as Ptah and Osiris, over the misogynist Ra.
2) Rise of the refined/civilized/feminine South (Thebes) over the agrarian/primitive/masculine North (The Delta).
3) Ascendancy of Goddess and Great Queen over Priest and King

This leads to an unstated reason for the rejection of the Westcar Papyrus. It was effectively a feminist manifesto in an age when feminism was not believed to even yet exist.
edit on 25-2-2022 by CharlesNPope because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 28 2022 @ 04:18 AM
link   
I honestly think we can rule our Khufu as creating the pyramids in Egypt just by looking at the pyramids discovered all around the world truth be told.

I mean just take the Bosnian pyramids into account and other pyramids worldwide.

They are much more ancient.

I actually believe that the pyramids are a couple of things. Especially the great pyramid in Giza. I believe it is a power plant. I also believe it has resonant properties to help awaken the chakra’s in humans.

There are many ancient homes that have been found, rubbles, and the stones they used in the housing construction are extremely good with sounds, hertz, frequencies. Just as i think the, i think it is the queens chamber in the great pyramid of giza is, in producing 432hz which is said to be the frequency of the base Chakra in humans.

I don’t know if anyone here has used the resource Pinterest on the internet to look into these things, but I absolutely guarantee that if you use the website pinterest and search for things like ancient maps, ancient egypt, ancient technology, wica, alchemy, runes, ancient locations, ancient knowledge, tesla, vortex, spirituality etc… things of that nature you will find soooo many things that will open your eyes and there WILL be connections made from one subject matter to the next that you will absolutely be blown away.

Right now, I am currently viewing Teslas so called if you understand 3-6-9 you will understand the universe, which has lead me to vortex maths, modular multiplication, and doug vogt just put out another video on where the spare electrons come from and he is talking about demodulation, but also the atom, and the atomic structure, and there is one image that has 20 points of light and made me think that specific atom may have a 20 modular structure, but then again, it might be 10, just as how it could be 10 with a positive charge, 10 with a negative charge, which might show up as 20 in that picture.

Anyways i think i got off topic.

The ancients absolutely knew about the importance of sound and frequency etc. used in a gret pyramid, also housing construction, also in colosseum construction and amphitheatres, etc.

They knew about what sounds humans can make to get those Chakra frequencies to try to unlock the chakras, such as, Do, Ray, Me, far, sa, la, ti, doe, omh, etc

As per Egyptian hieroglyphs they probably were also taking '___' such as 5-meo-dMT to experience spiritual experiences.

There have been tests done on ancient egyptians hairs etc, which show that they also sed coc aine. In the world today coc aine plants are found in south america. Perhaps there were coca plants that were in ancient egypt as well at that time which have perished from that location in the world, otherwise they had imported it from south america.

Yes, i am sorry that i have not provided links to these findings, and i will attempt to later on tonight, but i am sitting in my car writing this on my phone.

In my opinion, I wouldn’t worry about this Khufu crap, there is a much bigger picture here and it doesn’t involve a single person insignificant as Khufu.

posted on Feb, 28 2022 @ 11:31 AM
link   
a reply to: DaRAGE

I had written off Khufu a long time ago. That's why I was surprised that some names in the alt history genre had not. And even Scott seemed to be holding out hope of reconciling Khufu by moving him back in time.

I reached out to Marco Vigato (author of "15 Reasons why Khufu did NOT build the Great Pyramid") and he replied the same day. He is presently based in Mexico City and exploring the archaeology of that region.

unchartedruins.blogspot.com...

There are definitely parallels between the Great Pyramid and the Pyramid of the Sun in Mexico, so I will probably be following up with Marco on that.

Agree that there are more useful fixations than Khufu.

The pole flip thing is certainly a new fixation for me, and one that will be hard to let go until we understand it much better. Looking forward to further feedback from Scott after he "mulls things over".
edit on 28-2-2022 by CharlesNPope because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 28 2022 @ 03:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: DaRAGE
I honestly think we can rule our Khufu as creating the pyramids in Egypt ...

The cartouche name of Khufu can be found in several locations within the Great Pyramid, demonstrating that it was him who was responsible for its construction.

(DaRAGE) I mean just take the Bosnian pyramids into account and other pyramids worldwide.

They are much more ancient.

A geological analysis of the "Pyramid of the Sun," the hill of Visoko, concludes that it's of natural origin:

The investigations carried out on the samples, and the study of geological and geomorphological literature, together with an analysis of all documentation provided by the client, and retrieved on the Internet, has made it possible to come to an overall finding on the initial questions. As regards the constituent materials and their stratification, the so-called Pyramid of the Sun is the result of continental Miocene clastic-terrigenous sedimentation; the shape of the hill, the tilt of the strata and their dislocation, as well as the cracking that gives the various layers their pseudo-pavement form, are due to post-Miocene geomorphological modelling, together with local and global tectonic phenomena (source).

(DaRAGE) There have been tests done on ancient egyptians hairs etc, which show that they also sed coc aine. In the world today coc aine plants are found in south america. Perhaps there were coca plants that were in ancient egypt as well at that time which have perished from that location in the world, otherwise they had imported it from south america.

A detailed analysis of the "coc aine mummies" question can be found here.

posted on Feb, 28 2022 @ 08:23 PM
link   
a reply to: Hooke

The cartouche of Khufu has been sufficiently placed in doubt by Scott. And you still have 29 other things to refute in order to make a 4th Dynasty Khufu builder of the Great Pyramid. Pound sand (lol).

posted on Mar, 1 2022 @ 02:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: CharlesNPope

The cartouche of Khufu has been sufficiently placed in doubt by Scott.

On the contrary: Scott has yet to present any conclusive evidence to that effect.

posted on Mar, 1 2022 @ 10:06 AM
link   

Scott's work is quite damning to the Egyptology establishment. And it doesn't have to be conclusive. It only has to open up a range of interpretations (other than the institutionalized one), which it succeeds in doing.

When ALL of the evidence is marshalled, the 4th Dynasty falls flat. Egyptology is forced to pick and choose their evidence in order to defend the indefensible. Most laymen don't have the background to challenge that. But, again, if you compile a list of all of the major factors (as we have now done here), then the lack of integrity within Egyptology became more than evident. Egyptology is not a science, it is a religious cult.

posted on Mar, 1 2022 @ 10:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: Hooke

originally posted by: CharlesNPope

The cartouche of Khufu has been sufficiently placed in doubt by Scott.

On the contrary: Scott has yet to present any conclusive evidence to that effect.

As Charles notes, the evidence presented in my books as regards the quarry marks within the Vyse Chambers of the Great Pyramid, merely confers sufficient doubt upon their authenticity. In consideration of the evidence I present, it is then up to each individual to pass their own judgement on it. Clearly you are not at all convinced that the various items of evidence I present points to fraudulent activity in those chambers in 1837. Others are.

Fact of the matter is - more evidence has now been amassed to indicate the marks in those chambers are likely fraudulent than has been gathered to indicate their authenticity.

And that is why those marks now need to be scientifically analysed to absolutely determine their authenticity. That you, a director of the ultra-orthodox In The Hall of Ma'at Egyptology forum, cannot accept that simple reality is actually symptomatic of the wider problem with Egyptology whenever it finds itself being questioned.

SC
edit on 1/3/2022 by Scott Creighton because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 2 2022 @ 01:45 AM
link   
originally posted by: Scott Creighton

(SC) As Charles notes, the evidence presented in my books as regards the quarry marks within the Vyse Chambers of the Great Pyramid, merely confers sufficient doubt upon their authenticity.

It provokes amusement, not doubt ...

(SC) In consideration of the evidence I present, it is then up to each individual to pass their own judgement on it. Clearly you are not at all convinced that the various items of evidence I present points to fraudulent activity in those chambers in 1837. Others are.

As before: I am not “convinced” that the items you present are evidence of anything.

(SC) Fact of the matter is - more evidence has now been amassed to indicate the marks in those chambers are likely fraudulent than has been gathered to indicate their authenticity.

Putting this arithmetically: 0 + 0 = 0.

(SC) And that is why those marks now need to be scientifically analysed to absolutely determine their authenticity. That you, a director of the ultra-orthodox In The Hall of Ma'at Egyptology forum, cannot accept that simple reality is actually symptomatic of the wider problem with Egyptology whenever it finds itself being questioned.

The marks need this? Please try to be clear on who or what has needs in the case.

Again: you have done nothing to show that we have any such need.

posted on Mar, 2 2022 @ 03:07 AM
link   

You need to do something about your arithmetic:

O + ≡ = FRAUD.

And what is truly amusing here is your complete refusal to offer a cogent answer to the questions in this post.

As a director of an ultra-orthodox Egyptology forum, no one here would expect you to say anything else. We get that you simply cannot bring yourself to concede that there is anything wrong with the quarry marks Vyse claimed to have [ahem] ‘discovered’ in the Great Pyramid. We get it. We know that if a signed confession by Vyse to the forgery were ever to be found, you would still find a way of dismissing it in order to maintain the status quo.

Now, please understand - this isn’t an invitation to you to commence a full-blown debate on the forgery question. If, however, you have anything of interest to say about the Logarithmic Path of the Pole shown in the OP, I’d be very interested to hear it.

Otherwise, jog on.

SC

edit on 2/3/2022 by Scott Creighton because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 2 2022 @ 09:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: Scott Creighton

(Scott Creighton)
And what is truly amusing here is your complete refusal to offer a cogent answer to the questions in this post.

With an accusation of:

(Scott Creighton)

... painting a biased and completely false narrative around the evidence in Vyse’s private journal ...

This would be the journal from which very little has emerged, because it's largely illegible?

(Scott Creighton)
As a director of an ultra-orthodox Egyptology forum, no one here would expect you to say anything else. We get that you simply cannot bring yourself to concede that there is anything wrong with the quarry marks Vyse claimed to have [ahem] ‘discovered’ in the Great Pyramid.

That's because there is nothing wrong with the crewmarks in the Great Pyramid.

(Scott Creighton) We know that if a signed confession by Vyse to the forgery were ever to be found, you would still find a way of dismissing it in order to maintain the status quo.

Why would Vyse sign a document confessing to something that he had never done?

Can I remind you that there's still evidence which you've not yet considered ...

(Scott Creighton)
... this isn’t an invitation to you to commence a full-blown debate on the forgery question.

It wasn't me who first raised the subject in this thread.

(Scott Creighton) If, however, you have anything of interest to say about the Logarithmic Path of the Pole shown in the OP, I’d be very interested to hear it.

I did, here.

But no one replied ...

posted on Mar, 2 2022 @ 09:51 AM
link   

I did mention (above) that there were likely a couple of long-period comets being tracked by the Maya. One of them could have been responsible for that "Mid-24th Century BCE" anomaly. If a pole shift/flip was imminent or already in-progress, then a large impact event would have had an unpredictable effect on that shift/flip, i.e., it could have precipitated/accelerated it or put the brakes on it.

My own research indicates that the 4th Dynasty did not occur in the mid-24th Century BCE, so that particular cataclysm was not directly related to Khufu's ability or inability to build monuments. However, there were many cataclysms that did occur at the end of the last Ice Age and continued even into historic times. These events were profoundly impeding human civilization. It's difficult to imaging that modern society would even exist had those disasters continued on the same scale. And, it may be that we are even now living on borrowed time. There is certainly no time to waste bickering on whether Howard-Vyze was an honest man. There are at least 29 reasons that a 4th Dynasty Khufu didn't build the Great Pyramid, and Howard-Vyze ain't one (lol).
edit on 2-3-2022 by CharlesNPope because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 3 2022 @ 03:30 AM
link   

Hi Charles,

With regards your theory of the Logarithmic Path of the Pole spiral and past Earth climate changes, I'm not sure if you read my post here.

In that post I present an idea that may link the climate changes we observe over the last 100,000 years with the spiral. Not insisting this is right but wondered if you had considered it at all in your own research?

Best regards.

SC

posted on Mar, 3 2022 @ 12:28 PM
link   
a reply to: Scott Creighton

Hi Scott, yes I did see that post. Those graphs are very scary when you think about what all of those peaks and troughs might actually represent. I'm hoping that it doesn't mean there is a pole shift/flip every 10-13 thousand years, but it is whatever it is.

Calling my inputs research is too generous. Opportunities for further research might be a better way to put it.

You mention in the Void book that when Giza was close to the equator that would lead to an "African Humid Period." (The book page number eludes me at the moment.) All I did was extrapolate from that to show a correlation with other proposed positions of the poles. This indicated a much slower shift/drift of the poles over thousands of years and with a number of "stuck" points along the way. But, even if that turns out to be the case, it wouldn't rule out more rapid shifts/flips in other epochs.

posted on Mar, 8 2022 @ 06:47 PM
link   
a reply to: Scott Creighton

With all this mess going on right now, I recently watched Dr. Strangelove and The Lord of the Rings movies again.

I was enthralled with The Lord of the Rings trilogy when I was a kid, but hadn't given it much thought over the years since.

Isn't it interesting, though, that Tolkien called his pre-Flood Dark Lord by the name of Sauron, which echoes the name and role of Surid in the Arabic history. It only just dawned on me how masterful Tolkien's mythology had been at a time before we had much, if any, understanding of Neanderthals ("Dwarfs"), Denisovans ("Elves"), Cro-Magnons/Sages ("Valars" and "Maiars"/"Wizards"), Flores Man ("Hobbits"), Atlanteans ("Numenor"), etc., and how they had co-existed during the previous Ice Ages.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join