It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Small bridge collapse in Pittsburgh edit President to visit bridge

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 29 2022 @ 12:58 PM
link   
a reply to: Bigburgh

Didn't the 911 just change over to C-17"s?

posted on Jan, 29 2022 @ 01:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
The levees of NOLA have been like that for years. No one actually thought Katrina would be on their watch, and it was easy money in the meantime.

Right after Katrina it was found that the money to strengthen the levees was used on projects for tourism.

posted on Jan, 29 2022 @ 03:04 PM
link   
The view from above..
From Ruben the former wpxi chopper 11 pilot. www.instagram.com...

posted on Jan, 29 2022 @ 03:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: JIMC5499

Didn't the 911 just change over to C-17"s?

Couple years now..

posted on Jan, 30 2022 @ 08:42 AM
link   

Ruben wasn't the guy who flew the Jet Ranger for WPXI in the 90's was he?

posted on Jan, 30 2022 @ 10:12 AM
link   
a reply to: JIMC5499

Ruben flew for chopper 11 up till 2020 (6 years) when the lease was up for the helicopter and contracts would have gotten pretty high for wpxi. WPXI and Ruben are still on good terms. Ruben will sometimes fly for WTAE Chopper 4. But his biggest gig since leaving in 2020 was getting a job flying for Cherokee Helicopters.

cherokeehelicopter.com...
They're out of Ford City closer to you.
They do a lot of work for movies. They did that Jason Momoa film.

Instagram video 👇👇 of them towing away chopper 11 back to St. Louis.
www.instagram.com...

He's a really nice guy and a great pilot.

My pic of him out back.

The LightSpeed Jet Ranger! The flight from Lake Charles Louisiana to Pittsburgh in 10 mins!
www.instagram.com...

He offered a ride...

edit on 30-1-2022 by Bigburgh because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 30 2022 @ 10:37 AM
link   
Ok, here's all the bridge in one.

www.wpxi.com...

NTSB provides update on bridge collapse, says it should serve as "call to action"
Bridge collapse investigation expected to take several days on site; analysis to last at least a year

www.wtae.com...

edit on 30-1-2022 by Bigburgh because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 30 2022 @ 11:37 AM
link   

Not the same guy. When I worked at Butler Airport (1990-91) Channel 11 would bring their Jet Ranger there sometimes for fuel. One time the Pilot saw me hot fuel Lifeflight (a rare occasion). After that he wanted me to hot fuel him. With the way the rotor moves on a Jet Ranger no f*cking way! I think I mentioned to you about the hot blond anchor getting out of the aircraft the one time. Well that same time she tells me that he wants a hot fuel, that he won't shut down. I told her that he'd shut down when he ran out of fuel. He shutdown and got in my face, he almost needed Lifeflight that day.

posted on Jan, 30 2022 @ 01:33 PM
link   
Isn't it a amazing a few hours before Brandon is supposed to beg for money for his big infrastructure bill a bridge in town collapses brining attention that more money was needed for infrastructure.. I smell a rat or is that demolition charges?

posted on Jan, 31 2022 @ 08:43 AM
link   

This is what I find interesting

Unless I am seeing wrong, this looks like land shift/fracturing.

posted on Jan, 31 2022 @ 08:44 AM
link   
a reply to: proteus33

You haven't watched the new season of Engineering Catastrophes. It used to be an OK show, but, the new ones are all about how everything is caused by crumbling infrastructure. It's like a commercial for BBB.

posted on Jan, 31 2022 @ 08:45 AM
link   
a reply to: Skada

That's a creek covered by snow. I've been down there several times. There's a nice trail down.

posted on Jan, 31 2022 @ 08:48 AM
link   
a reply to: JIMC5499

Thank you for clearing that up. It does look like cracked rock to me.

posted on Jan, 31 2022 @ 08:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: JIMC5499

That's a creek covered by snow. I've been down there several times. There's a nice trail down.

There is a walking trail down there that goes along the creek and under the bridge, and a dog park.
edit on b000000312022-01-31T08:50:02-06:0008America/ChicagoMon, 31 Jan 2022 08:50:02 -0600800000022 by butcherguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 31 2022 @ 10:43 AM
link   

Possible, but that's a natural gully. That bridge has been deteriorating with rust for a long long time. Looking like they just spray painted to keep it looking satisfactory. Rather than strip the old paint, get the rust blasted off before primer and fresh paint. Probably didn't bother to look for cracks and spacing during those smaller maintenance checks.

Who knows, weather has been much colder and for longer the last few days.

It will be a couple weeks before they start cleaning up. Right now they are inspecting everything while it's down on the ground.

It was slated to be replaced in 2023.

edit on 31-1-2022 by Bigburgh because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 31 2022 @ 01:14 PM
link   

That bridge was crap in 2000 when I used to eat lunch in the Park.

posted on Feb, 11 2022 @ 12:24 PM
link   
Now it begins. Everybody wants in on the cash cow. I have to ask if the Mayor is qualified to judge if the bridge is unsafe?
It was just inspected in October. Personally I think that the Mayor is just playing on the hype from the other bridge collapse.

Versailles Ave. Bridge Ordered Closed Immediately Over Safety Concerns
pittsburgh.cbslocal.com...

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join