It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hostage situation in TX Synagogue.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 15 2022 @ 10:00 PM
link   
a reply to: asabuvsobelow

I used to think so too. But the hard truth is there is no good without God. Morals will bend to suit what is convenient without an anchor holding them fixed.
Just look at the democrat party if you don’t believe me.

posted on Jan, 15 2022 @ 10:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: asabuvsobelow
You see this is one of the Reasons I hate Religion .

Some Crazy Schizo is in that Church all wound up in the Head about Religion , Trying to make sense of the World while trying to make sense of Religion .

And ends up in a Church holding hostages.

I am generally in agreement with your views and am grateful to your contributions on this site.

I am positive there are many others like me who knew something was way off in this world but only understood after understanding true religion and Christianity. The counterfeit crap is probably the biggest cause of confusion and hatred towards religion.

I am not even a fan of denominations but I typically agree with Apostolic Christians and Baptists on most things. The further one gets from old fashioned Orthodox Christianity and scripture the further one gets from the truth and the way to the narrow gate.

Just my two cents from my own experience, and we clearly have free will.

More on topic, I expect a lot more incidents will happen with greater frequency. And I also predict true Jews (God's chosen people, although they reject Christ until his return) and Christians will be the targets nearly 100% of the time. Part of the great reset is ushering in a sort of one world everything and those with eyes to see can already see it happening with religion too. Bible believers will become increasingly mocked and despised and be considered problematic to society. I 100% believe this because that awesome book tells us what is to come.

posted on Jan, 15 2022 @ 10:20 PM
link   

a reply to: putnam6

True , Not all religions are bad and many people have changed for the better because of Religion .

but Imagine for a moment a World where Religion never existed , Imagine instead of Religious fear and irrational thought governing the Minds of men through the ages .

Imagine Men instead Chose Logic and Reason , Following Science and Mathematics through the ages . The Renaissance of the 15 and 16th centuries may have never ended , there would have been no Religious inquisitions , no Holy wars , no witch Trials .

The World would be such a Better place.

I just realized how much I sound like John Lennon

yeah we all want to live on vulcan.

posted on Jan, 15 2022 @ 10:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: sarahvital
near Dallas FW.

he's just ranting about religion n his sister and a brother who is in prison for terrorism.

no one is hurt yet.

hope it stays that way. it's been going on for 4 r so hours.

is this the right forum?

BREAKING

Hostages are OK

Hostage-holder is DEAD.

Source: www.star-telegram.com...

posted on Jan, 15 2022 @ 10:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: sarahvital

True , Not all religions are bad and many people have changed for the better because of Religion .

but Imagine for a moment a World where Religion never existed , Imagine instead of Religious fear and irrational thought governing the Minds of men through the ages .

Imagine Men instead Chose Logic and Reason , Following Science and Mathematics through the ages . The Renaissance of the 15 and 16th centuries may have never ended , there would have been no Religious inquisitions , no Holy wars , no witch Trials .

I just realized how much I sound like John Lennon

yeah we all want to live on vulcan.

Lol yes

posted on Jan, 15 2022 @ 10:52 PM
link   
The hostage taker is just finding out that the 72 Virgins thing is bunch of hooey

a reply to: carewemust

edit on 15-1-2022 by Granitebones because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 15 2022 @ 10:52 PM
link   
a reply to: Illumimasontruth

I am positive there are many others like me who knew something was way off in this world but only understood after understanding true religion and Christianity. The counterfeit crap is probably the biggest cause of confusion and hatred towards religion. I am not even a fan of denominations but I typically agree with Apostolic Christians and Baptists on most things. The further one gets from old fashioned Orthodox Christianity and scripture the further one gets from the truth and the way to the narrow gate.

I've heard such wisdom from Men and Woman much older than me , and Hopefully one day I'll arrive at the same conclusion

posted on Jan, 15 2022 @ 10:59 PM
link   

Logic and reason unbound by morality and a sense of humility are terrifying. One would have thought you would have learned that having lived with the results of it now for at least two years.
a reply to: ketsuko

A fair point yes, but Religion is not needed to find a sense of Morality .

I note you did not address the second.

posted on Jan, 15 2022 @ 11:37 PM
link   

It will now completely vanish in the news as it did not fit the narrative of those in charge. While this is absolutely the best outcome you could have, the motivations will never be known. This will be buried at almost light speed.

(post by Tempter removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on Jan, 16 2022 @ 01:30 AM
link   
a reply to: Hypntick

Nationally… prolly. Here in Texas, not a chance.

posted on Jan, 16 2022 @ 05:05 AM
link   
Or praising Allohah into eternity and girding up his loins

a reply to: Granitebones

posted on Jan, 16 2022 @ 07:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: Whereistheflu
I used to think so too. But the hard truth is there is no good without God. Morals will bend to suit what is convenient without an anchor holding them fixed.

People only need to have a will of being good as an anchor, no need for any god(s), and no amount of god(s) will turn a bad person into a good one.

posted on Jan, 16 2022 @ 07:46 AM
link   
Just caught a bit of it on the news, but the FBI is saying that the hostage taker was not targeting jews.

It's crap like this that makes me hope for Giant Meteor or the Mother Ship coming.

posted on Jan, 16 2022 @ 07:47 AM
link   
a reply to: sarahvital

Big bang, dudes dead now.

Silly sausage that he was.

Stupid terrorist scum.

Next.

posted on Jan, 16 2022 @ 07:56 AM
link   
It's nice to see the US not negotiating with the terrorists from time to time.

That used to be a policy, I'm told.

These days I wouldn't be surprised if they gave him an award for his bravery for what he did.

Glad it ended well. I hope his family is proud.

posted on Jan, 16 2022 @ 08:23 AM
link   
a reply to: Hypntick

It appeared on Portuguese TV main state channel.

posted on Jan, 16 2022 @ 08:57 AM
link   
I wish for once I could read a thread about something where the usual suspects don't engage in the now customary 'its those bastard leftists' bitchfest!

I think its pretty obvious who and what was responsible here.

Sad - and slightly ashamed - to say that its being reported that the piece of # terrorist who carried this out was British.

posted on Jan, 16 2022 @ 08:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: Hypntick

It will now completely vanish in the news as it did not fit the narrative of those in charge. While this is absolutely the best outcome you could have, the motivations will never be known. This will be buried at almost light speed.

But he was from the U.K..

www.foxnews.com...

U.S. Liberal media doesn't seem to like the U.K.. They hit Boris Johnson really hard last week for attending a party without a mask.

posted on Jan, 16 2022 @ 09:04 AM
link   

Do you honestly believe that, after seeing what the religion of 'science' has wrought over the last 2+ years?

I agree that if true logic and reason were to prevail, the world would be a better place. I just don't hold out much hope that this will every actually come to pass, at least not without a whole lot of extremely unlikely events were to pass.

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join