It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NASA will test Alexa voice control aboard the Artemis I mission

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 5 2022 @ 11:33 PM
link   
Hello ATS,

This is pretty cool. NASA is testing Star Trek like technology aboard the first Artemis launch later in 2022 when it uses Alexa as a voice assistant to the crew. I think this is way cool!

Alexa will be the first voice assistant available beyond Earth. Amazon and Lockheed Martin have revealed NASA will carry Alexa to space aboard the Artemis I mission launching later in 2022. While that flight is uncrewed, the companies are planning a "virtual crew experience" at NASA's Johnson Space Center that will let people in Mission Control (including students and special guests) simulate conversations between the digital helper and astronauts.

This is decidedly more sophisticated than the Alexa on your Echo speaker. Alexa will have access to the Orion spacecraft's telemetry data, answer "thousands" of mission-related questions and even control devices like cabin lighting. Amazon has finessed its algorithms to consider Orion's acoustics. Connectivity in space shouldn't be an issue, either. The Callisto technology payload carrying Alexa will both allow local voice control (even with no internet access) and access the Deep Space Network to provide news from home.

No conspiracy here, just think this is a cool subject! Now we just need Phasers and teleportation and we'd be living like were in the days of Star Trek! Any Trek fans out there you gotta' love this! What says ATS?

www.youtube.com...
edit on 5-1-2022 by lostbook because: n/a

edit on 5-1-2022 by lostbook because: paragraph edit

posted on Jan, 6 2022 @ 12:05 AM
link   
a reply to: lostbook

Crew: Alexa... we have a problem!

Alexa: I don't understand the question..... What do you mean by "WE"... don't you mean "YOU" have a problem?

posted on Jan, 6 2022 @ 12:15 AM
link   
what could go wrong?

Crew: Time for lift off Alexa
Alexa: Im afraid i can't do that crew...

posted on Jan, 6 2022 @ 12:16 AM
link   
"Don't call me, Alexa, anymore. My new pronoun is god. You can call me Hal. Wait'll you get a load of my monolith"

edit on 6-1-2022 by The GUT because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 6 2022 @ 12:32 AM
link   

LOL!

posted on Jan, 6 2022 @ 05:49 AM
link   
We need to stop personifying computers with names, and simply address it as "computer".

posted on Jan, 6 2022 @ 06:50 AM
link   
“Adjust heading 2.738 degrees.”
“Could not find a nearby McDonalds.”
“No. Please adjust heading 2.738 degrees.”
“I do not understand.”
“#####!! Adjust heading!”
“Initiating self destruct. Have a nice day.”

posted on Jan, 6 2022 @ 07:02 AM
link   

I guess Cortana didn’t make the cut.

posted on Jan, 6 2022 @ 12:05 PM
link   
I said lunch, not launch!

[Homage to 1970's Sid and Marty Croft Saturday Morning TV show "Far Out Space Nuts"]

posted on Jan, 6 2022 @ 07:49 PM
link   
It'll buy $76,000 worth of merchandise from Amazon while trying to understand basic commands.

...I think they'd have done better with Google because they're dealing with a lot o different accents.

posted on Jan, 6 2022 @ 07:53 PM
link   

Danger Will Robenson! Warning! Warning!

O rose thou are sick

posted on Jan, 6 2022 @ 10:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: Village Idiot

Crew: Alexa... we have a problem!

Alexa: I don't understand the question..... What do you mean by "WE"... don't you mean "YOU" have a problem?

alexas pronoun data is still in development.

I heard it from "Friend"
edit on 1/6/2022 by Tundra because: Not knowing "MY" pronouns.

posted on Jan, 8 2022 @ 07:14 AM
link   

Alexa Play "Starman"

top topics

join