It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Wildires Destroy 100s of Homes in Boulder Co, CO

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 30 2021 @ 07:03 PM
link   
Has no one heard about this? This morning power lines went down in Boulder County CO (in and around the Boulder Colorado area which is Denver metro loosely), and that sparked huge wildfires. Right now, they are speculating entire subdivisions gone, many more under evacuation or pre-evacuation orders. At least 600 homes completely gone.

Live Coverage Here

This is a very dangerous and very desperate situation with the high winds and high population. The good, if there is any, is that winter weather is moving in toward tomorrow.

posted on Dec, 30 2021 @ 07:09 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

double edge sword. Snow to put the fire out, and no damn power to run the heat.
this is really awful news.

posted on Dec, 30 2021 @ 07:09 PM
link   
a reply to: network dude

I had relatives in that area years ago. I am thankful they are no longer there tonight.

This is akin to the Great Chicago Fire in its own way. California has had some smaller towns go up, but this is the first time I've seen a major city go up.
edit on 30-12-2021 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 30 2021 @ 07:14 PM
link   

Just horrible.

*shakes head*

posted on Dec, 30 2021 @ 07:15 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

It is. It's hard to listen to. They're saying they can't fight it. It'll basically just have to burn itself out for the most part until the weather starts to work with them.

posted on Dec, 30 2021 @ 08:24 PM
link   

I feel sad for these folks. The aftermath of this may not be much better than the event itself.

posted on Dec, 30 2021 @ 08:28 PM
link   

Hopefully it’ll rain a little bit soon for a little bit and snow in the morning . Winds are starting to pick back up
edit on 30-12-2021 by Thenail because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 30 2021 @ 08:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: network dude

This is why a fireplace or wood stove as a backup is an absolute must have anywhere that experiences winter.

posted on Dec, 30 2021 @ 08:33 PM
link   
Seems to me that someone might need to pay the piper in this, 'Wildfire'.

posted on Dec, 30 2021 @ 08:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6

This is why a fireplace or wood stove as a backup is an absolute must have anywhere that experiences winter.

Good point...but, but, global warming??

posted on Dec, 30 2021 @ 08:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
This is akin to the Great Chicago Fire in its own way. California has had some smaller towns go up, but this is the first time I've seen a major city go up.

Los Alamos, New Mexico 2000
Link

I think there was also a good sized city heavily burned a few years ago in California wine country forest fires.
edit on 30-12-2021 by burdman30ott6 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 30 2021 @ 08:41 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

Yes, but these are burning straight in toward metro Denver. There isn't much they can do except burn more structures.

posted on Dec, 30 2021 @ 09:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6

Yeah but those houses are either good or burnt completely down for the most part .

posted on Dec, 31 2021 @ 12:41 AM
link   
They are killing the power in the state with rolling blackouts too, many folks in the mountains were without power for 5 hours or so. We even got an emergency text alert from our county that they would continue with the rolling blackouts due to the fire.
edit on 31-12-2021 by toastyr because: Auto text sucks

posted on Dec, 31 2021 @ 01:04 AM
link   

Boulder.

The Communist stronghold of America in Colorado (next step, San Francisco!). Too many homes built up in the hills. They've been telling them not to build for years, but they keep building.

I could tell you stories upon stories which would make you wish not only fire, but DEATH, on many of the people in that unimaginably awful place!

Burn baybee...BURN!! Teach those commie's a lesson! Go back to Californy! GO!!! (as fast as you can run!)

I can't STAND Boulder! Used to love the place back in the late 70's and early 80's. Now it's Hell on Earth!

I have little sympathy for all those rich elites...who tirelessly work to "F" up this country from their palaces up in the mountains around Boulder...SCREW them!

I only worry about the horses and livestock. Screw the people, their palaces and their belongings!

posted on Dec, 31 2021 @ 01:07 AM
link   
It's been tragically dry here for months. It's unbelievable how dry it is right now. There have been fires everywhere.

Yet, these elites, up in the foothills still burn their fireplaces (because they are above YOU and everyone else, and don't have to follow the rules).

I have little sympathy.

posted on Dec, 31 2021 @ 01:58 AM
link   
Unlikely to ever reach Denver metro area. They just cancelled the mandatory evacuation for Broomfield.

posted on Dec, 31 2021 @ 02:04 AM
link   
I'm just north of there, over in southwest Loveland. The fire is in Superior & Louisville primarily, which is in Boulder county, but not in Boulder. They have cancelled the mandatory evac for Broomfield so it doesn't really seem like it will hit Denver proper. We are supposed to get snow tonight so hopefully that will help. Of course it's been unseasonably dry this year so that doesn't help. Here in Loveland, we literally have gotten no snow this year so far.

I've offered to foster any animals that need it.

posted on Dec, 31 2021 @ 02:07 AM
link   
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk
My son has worked in Superior and said they are absolute garbage humans who treat everyone like #. He feels about the same as you do about a lot of the people over there. People's Republic of Boulder... Ugh.

I used to love Boulder, it's awful now.

posted on Dec, 31 2021 @ 02:30 AM
link   
a reply to: MaMaa

Our large animal vet knows who to call (us) when there are animals who need to be fostered. We took in animals during the Hayman fire, and that was a truly tragic fire. Our vet sends her junior vets over here to train and use our facilities (chutes, tubs and alleys) for wayward animals. We've had some crazy bulls over here more than once, like wild-ass freakazoid bulls! Don't really like it when they bring those animals over; they get our livestock all stirred up, especially our cows. Our bulls might even be worse because they just want to go over and fight with the newbies.

Took in about 90 head during the Hayman fire. Ate up half our winter feed. Was down to the last bale when we had our next delivery. And that was AFTER we took a bunch of animals to the sale barn just to cut back on the feed consumption.

<<   2 >>

join