It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Just learned about a 2021 Netflix series - Surviving Death

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 25 2021 @ 04:25 PM
link   

Don't have Netflix...but I'll find it via other means. But if you do have Netflix..might want to check this out. Based off Leslie Kean's book - which I have read and enjoyed.

Leslie Kean, as you may know wrote a highly regarded book on UFOs as well.

www.imdb.com...

posted on Dec, 25 2021 @ 04:34 PM
link   
Might be helpful to post a brief description here so people don't have to watch the video or click the link just to find out what it's about.

Explores questions that have been contemplated throughout time: What does it mean to die, and is death the end of our existence? Weaving together innovative new research with firsthand accounts from those who’ve been close to death.

www.imdb.com...

posted on Dec, 25 2021 @ 07:33 PM
link   
a reply to: dontneedaname
I have seen a few episodes of this series. Episode 6 was the one I was most interested in. I don't believe in reincarnation, and I don't think NDE's are trustworthy, but I find both very intriguing.

I have talked to a few people with NDE experiences. Definitely interesting, but that each persons experience often parallels their beliefs is telling, though there have been some who say their NDE changed their beliefs completely.

I only know one person who says he remembers a past life in some detail, but I must admit some the cases I've read from Ian Stevenson and Jim Tucker are compelling.

ETA: Lifetime has a series called "Ghost inside my child" about children remembering past lives. You can watch a few episodes on YT as well as some clips.

edit on 12/25/2021 by Klassified because: eta

posted on Dec, 25 2021 @ 07:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: Klassified
I have seen a few episodes of this series. Episode 6 was the one I was most interested in. I don't believe in reincarnation, and I don't think NDE's are trustworthy, but I find both very intriguing.

I have talked to a few people with NDE experiences. Definitely interesting, but that each persons experience often parallels their beliefs is telling, though there have been some who say their NDE changed their beliefs completely.

I only know one person who says he remembers a past life in some detail, but I must admit some the cases I've read from Ian Stevenson and Jim Tucker are compelling.

ETA: Lifetime has a series called "Ghost inside my child" about children remembering past lives. You can watch a few episodes on YT as well as some clips.

Yes. The episodes of Ghost Inside My Child are also on Amazon. Season 1 - included with Prime. Season 2 - free w/ ads.

My biggest thing with RC before I accepted it was true, was wondering how it would work. I just could not conceive of it / imagine it. Then I was made award in no uncertain terms that it was true, then I've slowly worked out more details.

But to understand it better, one must learn other things first perhaps. Or unlearn others. Then one must reflect more on their own personality / body and others. At some point it becomes so obvious, one might wonder, how did I ever believe it not to be true.

Relatively few will go all the way to complete understanding - although acceptance of past lives will skyrocket in the 2030s and other modes of thought/beliefs will collapse.

There's a reason why the Book of Revelation is the last book of the Bible....

posted on Dec, 25 2021 @ 09:03 PM
link   

My biggest thing with RC before I accepted it was true, was wondering how it would work. I just could not conceive of it / imagine it. Then I was made award in no uncertain terms that it was true, then I've slowly worked out more details.

Care to elaborate?

But to understand it better, one must learn other things first perhaps. Or unlearn others. Then one must reflect more on their own personality / body and others. At some point it becomes so obvious, one might wonder, how did I ever believe it not to be true.

I have been aware of and studied about reincarnation for many years. I have never had this experience. It sounds almost religious in nature, which leads me to ask... what was the information or experience that convinced you?

Relatively few will go all the way to complete understanding - although acceptance of past lives will skyrocket in the 2030s and other modes of thought/beliefs will collapse.

Relatively few go all the way with anything in this world. No surprise there.
You sound quite confident. What makes you so sure?

The problem with reincarnation from my perspective is not a lack of evidence, but rather a lack of conclusive evidence. It still comes down to faith, just as any religion does.

Note that my reply to you is not a critique as much as it is observation and inquiry. I would like to hear more of what you have to say.

posted on Dec, 25 2021 @ 11:01 PM
link   

Care to elaborate?

I have been aware of and studied about reincarnation for many years. I have never had this experience. It sounds almost religious in nature, which leads me to ask... what was the information or experience that convinced you?

The problem with reincarnation from my perspective is not a lack of evidence, but rather a lack of conclusive evidence. It still comes down to faith, just as any religion does.

Note that my reply to you is not a critique as much as it is observation and inquiry. I would like to hear more of what you have to say.

You sound sincere. Had a typo, I meant to say AWARE not AWARD.

Proof is in the eye of the beholder.

Let's see if I can do some bullet explanation

- 2005 - Working on reducing / eliminating my PRIDE while writing a book (Now published - many moons later, but I won't reveal the title nor provide any specific details of the plot -it's fiction, not non-fiction. Better to be anonymous on ATS).

PRIDE as you may know is sin #1. It is the ORIGINAL SIN. The sin of LUCIFER (Which is more oral tradition, then written anywhere in the bible).

History Channel doc - Seven Deadly Sins

From movie - KUNDUN [So I fully accept REVELATION is happening right now, yet at the same time, I'm not Christian. And I accept reincarnation as true for everyone, yet I'm not Buddhist either. I have no religion, but some things in religion are true.]

..so anyway...I discovered a very specific way to eliminate pride [Turns out it was conscious pride only, not unconscious - which I am working on now]. And I condensed it down to 7 sentences. THey are rooted in a way of thinking that originates from Denmark. When I say rooted, I mean when I realized what Jante Law does to the mind, I realized the power of words. But I modified it to make it stronger, better, and more direct. Eliminated half of Jante Law - which made no sense to me...and discovered a couple of others.

Denmark (and the rest of Scandinavia) often shows up as the HAPPIEST and most PEACEFUL country in the world. And the most TRUTHFUL. I realized how these metrics were related to Jante Law. PRIDE = EGO in some circles. PRIDE consists of 7 emotions / feelings. If you can reject those 7 feelings, you will eliminate your conscious pride, then be ready to tackle the unconscious pride you still have. 7 is a HOLY number.

So...turns out I was being watched and led to do this. And as I was getting close to terminating these 7 feelings / understanding the components of PRIDE... -->

- Dec 2005 - very complicated awakening event. Taking place over 2 weeks, multiple locations, multiple people. Involved mind control, telepathy, total control of my body and other people. It's not worth explaining here. Anyway...so I learned some things about who we are, the future, our past...some things were directly told to me, some as clues. "They" know I'm a voracious learner and open to many experiences. And I am very persistent when I need to learn something. I've traveled to ~80 countries for starters and lived in a few of those. But far less when this event occurred.

Anyway -- many twists and turns over the years (mistakes, lessons I needed to learn) ...but now I'm in the stretch run to completing the transformation and fulfilling "our" destiny - the purpose of reincarnation, so to speak.... If all goes as planned, sometime later this decade, I will get rid of all my emotional baggage. AKA - karma. I'm going to break the cycle of reincarnation! And it will occur around the same time as other end time events. In other recent threads here I've posted lots of video about hidden powers. Some of those I am going to activate by the time I'm finished. And there are certain abilities which it's better for me to not speak of...because some things you have to experience IN PERSON. They are UN-be-LIE-ve-able!

Here's a good metaphor!

Intelligent Design....

www.discovery.org...

WE are THEIR ultimate creation. WE just don't know it yet. But not everyone wants to be Wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee......most prefer to just be I.

I, like ai-yai-yai. or ai-yah. (I - yes)

www.urbandictionary.com...

Only those souls who CHOOSE TO (Or have been CHOOSING ("good" / questioning / understanding - so to speak) over multiple lives)...are going to get up. Who wants to "meet their maker?"

Who wants to defeat the final IN ME?
edit on 25-12-2021 by dontneedaname because: (no reason given)

edit on 25-12-2021 by dontneedaname because: added I

posted on Dec, 25 2021 @ 11:50 PM
link   
I was never a true believer in reincarnation until I read about the little boy who remembered his past life as a fighter pilot who was shot down and killed. The kid remembered his name , some of his friends names . It was a good story and went much further than just names remembered. I tried googling the story to post it but when I googled “ little boy remembers his past life “ multiple stories about young children remembering a past life popped up.

posted on Dec, 26 2021 @ 01:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: dontneedaname

Care to elaborate?

You sound sincere. Had a typo, I meant to say AWARE not AWARD.

Proof is in the eye of the beholder.

Let's see if I can do some bullet explanation

- 2005 - Working on reducing / eliminating my PRIDE while writing a book (Now published - many moons later, but I won't reveal the title nor provide any specific details of the plot -it's fiction, not non-fiction. Better to be anonymous on ATS).

PRIDE as you may know is sin #1. It is the ORIGINAL SIN. The sin of LUCIFER (Which is more oral tradition, then written anywhere in the bible).

History Channel doc - Seven Deadly Sins

From movie - KUNDUN [So I fully accept REVELATION is happening right now, yet at the same time, I'm not Christian. And I accept reincarnation as true for everyone, yet I'm not Buddhist either. I have no religion, but some things in religion are true.]

..so anyway...I discovered a very specific way to eliminate pride [Turns out it was conscious pride only, not unconscious - which I am working on now]. And I condensed it down to 7 sentences. THey are rooted in a way of thinking that originates from Denmark. When I say rooted, I mean when I realized what Jante Law does to the mind, I realized the power of words. But I modified it to make it stronger, better, and more direct. Eliminated half of Jante Law - which made no sense to me...and discovered a couple of others.

Denmark (and the rest of Scandinavia) often shows up as the HAPPIEST and most PEACEFUL country in the world. And the most TRUTHFUL. I realized how these metrics were related to Jante Law. PRIDE = EGO in some circles. PRIDE consists of 7 emotions / feelings. If you can reject those 7 feelings, you will eliminate your conscious pride, then be ready to tackle the unconscious pride you still have. 7 is a HOLY number.

So...turns out I was being watched and led to do this. And as I was getting close to terminating these 7 feelings / understanding the components of PRIDE... -->

- Dec 2005 - very complicated awakening event. Taking place over 2 weeks, multiple locations, multiple people. Involved mind control, telepathy, total control of my body and other people. It's not worth explaining here. Anyway...so I learned some things about who we are, the future, our past...some things were directly told to me, some as clues. "They" know I'm a voracious learner and open to many experiences. And I am very persistent when I need to learn something. I've traveled to ~80 countries for starters and lived in a few of those. But far less when this event occurred.

Anyway -- many twists and turns over the years (mistakes, lessons I needed to learn) ...but now I'm in the stretch run to completing the transformation and fulfilling "our" destiny - the purpose of reincarnation, so to speak.... If all goes as planned, sometime later this decade, I will get rid of all my emotional baggage. AKA - karma. I'm going to break the cycle of reincarnation! And it will occur around the same time as other end time events. In other recent threads here I've posted lots of video about hidden powers. Some of those I am going to activate by the time I'm finished. And there are certain abilities which it's better for me to not speak of...because some things you have to experience IN PERSON. They are UN-be-LIE-ve-able!

Here's a good metaphor!

Intelligent Design....

www.discovery.org...

WE are THEIR ultimate creation. WE just don't know it yet. But not everyone wants to be Wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee......most prefer to just be I.

I, like ai-yai-yai. or ai-yah. (I - yes)

Only those souls who CHOOSE TO (Or have been CHOOSING ("good" / questioning / understanding - so to speak) over multiple lives)...are going to get up. Who wants to "meet their maker?"

Who wants to defeat the final IN ME?

Oh man, now I Have To read your book! You know, the one you can't prove exists. Maybe I could buy a copy and send it to my GF. She lives in Canada, and is a model, and a doctor, and a magician, and is super rich- but I cant tell you her name, or show you pics, cuz you know.. better keep it all anonymous on ATS lol

Dude... smh

posted on Dec, 26 2021 @ 08:22 AM
link   
I am always fascinated at the extremes humans will endure to rid themselves of the very things that make them human, but to each their own.

I was hoping for a bit more insight into what convinced you reincarnation is 100% real, but I think I get the gist. Thanks for the response.

posted on Dec, 26 2021 @ 11:06 AM
link   
When my Mum was 4 years old, she died and was resuscitated twice (Manually. No defibrillators back then). They also needed to put her on ice

She told me that she saw a glowing white light

And in the white light there was a lady in a beautiful white dress, standing on a snake

She told my Mum, that she needed her to go back

---

My first experience was very different to this

It felt like I fell through layer after layer of blackness. Like falling backwards into pool of black water, which broke more than once

You crash through one layer. Then another. Then another

I'm not sure how many layers of blackness I fell through (maybe 7 or more), but eventually I burst back through into light

After I burst through into light, I woke up, when I should have been dead. Confused. Wondering how I was alive

Then later, "why" I was alive

It was a very confronting process

At first, just after it happened, all I felt was love. A beautiful sense of freedom

Like I was not meant to be here. I should be dead. So the sun felt warmer. The birds singing sounded sweeter. Everything felt like pure love. Something I'd never felt before

It is impossible to describe the feeling, unless you have felt it. It feels like every emotion within you, mixed into one. You cry more than you have ever cried in your life, but you don't know why it is exactly you are crying

You are happy. Sad. Relieved. Confused. Angry

I was shedding emotions. But there was so much at first, that I was overwhelmed

I've been "shedding" these layers ever since

My NDE's (more than one) are very different to most other peoples I read/hear about

After my experiences, I no longer fear death

I also am not afraid of people, or things most other people worry about

All the fear in this world seemed/seems so ridiculous. When you consider that in one moment, you could be gone. And none of it matters

If anything, I am now more afraid of living, than of death

It makes it very hard to live in this world, when you see the world like this

EVERYTHING is based on fear

I read the news and it feels like I'm being infected by negative forces, or a sickness in this world

It is part of the reason I came to this forum

But here, it is worse

People are so preoccupied with what "might" be, that it is impossible for them to see what "is"

That feeling of love I had for this world, is slowly with time turning to distaste and sadness, to see how we exist within such a beautiful world

---

Also, I've never seen anything anyone posts about "touching the void"

Which is kinda like bottoming out in this world

This has happened to me a few times. When I should have been dead, but instead I had an absolute clarity in this world

Again, it is a little hard to put into words, but I'll try

When we look at the waking world, we think we see clearly and pure colour. This is not the case. There is always a "fuzz" of white light over everything we see

Like static on an old TV

But we do not realise it. Because it is all we have ever known

It is not until you see in "pure colour" that you understand that the fuzz exists

The best way to understand this, is to close your eyes and look at the "blackness" with your eyes closed. It won't be black. You will see a wash of white static over the darkness of your closed eyes

This white static is over our sight constantly, we just do not realise it

The only reason I realise it, is because one of the times I should have died, but I woke up, there was no static

I woke up in a darkened room and saw "pure colour"

The blackness of my room around me was richer, purer and more vivid that I have ever seen in my life

All colours were completely solid

It was like waking up to see true colour" for the first time

No wash of light what-so-ever

I close my eyes, and it was pure, pure, PURE, black

Except for two tiny, tiny white "stars" floating around in the blackness, like microscopic ants that looked as though they were looking for each other

Another time this happened, I had the same phenomena happen, except this time it was with my mind and body as well

There was no noise in my head. My thoughts were completely silent

For the first time in my life, I felt nothing. I thought of nothing

It felt like having the answer to every question in existence, within your conscious mind. Like all thoughts and time, were fluid within the moment

There was no point thinking of anything. Because all questions were answered

I was completely fluid and pure with the world

My body was open in body directions

In this moment I knew I was looking out at the world, which was my internal body

I was the world

There was no emotion. Because there was no though. At least not perceivable

I was somehow able to "think", because I was aware of the fact that I wasn't thinking, if this makes sense

But it was like there was no emotion. No worry. No concern

The world, and all things, seemed pointless. As if they had already been completed and done. I was just "going through the motions", so there was nothing to be done

My only real sense or thought, was to why and how I had no sense or thought

The colours were rich and vivid. But so too was my body

I moved and it felt like I was doing it without effort. Without even registering that I was moving, until I was doing it

Think of it like there being a type of "lag" between when you send messages to your body to move, and when your body actually moves. Except you aren't aware of this lag, because you have never experienced anything else

In this state, I moved fluidly and instantly to thoughts of doing so, as if the thought, the body and movement were one

There was no strain, stress, or tension within it. It was like I was floating

I sat on the end of the bed for a moment, wondering "what now?"

I felt empty. Like this world was a game and I had somehow finished it, or clocked it ...

So what do I do next?

Something told me, I needed to eat. So I did

And when I ate, it was like being pulled back into reality

Everything in my body and mind, slipped back into normal

It was almost painful to swallow down food in an existential sense, but it also felt like it was literally saving my life somehow

As I ate, my mind started to "fade back in". I started thinking again

My body sync started returning to normal, so that I could "feel" the disparity between the signals and the flesh (which I think is how we get sense)

It was like putting food into my body, re-grounded me in this world

Something told me "I bottomed out"

Which I take to mean, my connection to this world superseded all other interference and connections to it

It was almost like my conscious mind disconnected momentarily from the collective consciousness

Almost as if it did it to prove a point

posted on Dec, 29 2021 @ 11:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: DreadKnock

Oh man, now I Have To read your book! You know, the one you can't prove exists. Maybe I could buy a copy and send it to my GF. She lives in Canada, and is a model, and a doctor, and a magician, and is super rich- but I cant tell you her name, or show you pics, cuz you know.. better keep it all anonymous on ATS lol

Dude... smh

Or you could investigate why DENMARK & Scandinavia is so different. You could take a few clues and run with it. Learn without immediate judgement. You could research a lot more.

Corruption Perceptions Index

en.wikipedia.org...

Would the world be a better place if more people spoke the truth? Would we be happier if we could trust others more, everyone? Many systems in place because we don't trust each other.

But you sound like an ass, to put it lightly. That's why so FEW will figure this out in the end. Democracy is all about MAJORITY..but in the final equation, it's all about the MINORITY. Like MINORITY REPORT w/ Tom Cruise. Haahhaaha.

Everyone gets what they deserve in the end...next major inflection point coming this decade. Pride is out of control...time for a humbling.
We are living in hell, so to speak....re-in-car-NATION. But it's just NOR---MAL. We've fallen so far.

top topics

join