It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Stop using the term 'Anti Vaxx'

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 26 2021 @ 12:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: Tarzan the apeman.
a reply to: v1rtu0s0
Anti-vax is a term used to belittle others to make them feel less than/guilty. It is a propagandistic term being used for this pandemic.

Well, when you get folk on here calling the vaccines "kill shots" and etc, if the cap fits.....

posted on Nov, 26 2021 @ 12:58 PM
link   
Isn't it odd that many so called anti vaxx citizens are up to date on most or all inoculations prior to 2019. That suggests to me the anti vaxx community is more accurately anti Pfizer or anti Moderna.

Considering their history as provided by such savvy media personalities as James Corbett, JP Sears and Russel Brand, there's being prejudiced and then there's being cognizant of the facts and exercising due caution.

edit on 26-11-2021 by TzarChasm because: (no reason given)

(post by glen200376 removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on Nov, 26 2021 @ 01:01 PM
link   
There are very few people who are against every vaccine or medicine.

Thalidomide is harmless, so stop being a fusspot and just take it!

posted on Nov, 26 2021 @ 01:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: ScepticScot
Not everyone who choses not to get vaccinated is anti vax .

However its a convenient shorthand for those who post lies, misinformation and completely made bollocks about vaccines.

Since there are plenty of those in this site I will continue to use the term, thanks all the same.

and the boot licking crowd isn't smart enough to understand Newton's third law. The harder you push, the more push back you will get. Eventually, someone needs to stop pushing. Once you realize who started it, you might realize who needs to stop.

posted on Nov, 26 2021 @ 01:04 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Nov, 26 2021 @ 01:05 PM
link   
a reply to: network dude

I don't think you understand Newton's Third Law.

posted on Nov, 26 2021 @ 01:08 PM
link   
a reply to: Oldcarpy2
There is a difference between trusting and anti. I feel most people don't trust this vaccine.

posted on Nov, 26 2021 @ 01:15 PM
link   

link   
a reply to: Tarzan the apeman.

Maybe, but there are plenty that endlessly post shonky Bit#e videos and obvious made up stuff so there is that, too.

Fridge magnets, etc, etc.

link   

posted on Nov, 26 2021 @ 01:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: Oldcarpy2

for every action there is an equal and opposite reaction.

What do you think it is?

posted on Nov, 26 2021 @ 01:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: network dude

originally posted by: Oldcarpy2

for every action there is an equal and opposite reaction.

What do you think it is?

Well, it's not "more" of one, is it?

posted on Nov, 26 2021 @ 01:25 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Well, goose, gander, and all that.

Drug pusher is an accurate description for those trying to force others to take the Covid vaccines. I'd like to see the term become more popular.

posted on Nov, 26 2021 @ 01:29 PM
link   

However its a convenient shorthand for those who post lies, misinformation and completely made bollocks about vaccines.

Since there are plenty of those in this site I will continue to use the term, thanks all the same.

and the boot licking crowd isn't smart enough to understand Newton's third law. The harder you push, the more push back you will get. Eventually, someone needs to stop pushing. Once you realize who started it, you might realize who needs to stop.

I agree and when anti vaxers stop telling lies then there is no need to point them out.

That is what you mean right?

posted on Nov, 26 2021 @ 01:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: VictorVonDoom
a reply to: ketsuko

Well, goose, gander, and all that.

Drug pusher is an accurate description for those trying to force others to take the Covid vaccines. I'd like to see the term become more popular.

Can you show where I have ever attempted to force others to take a vaccine?

Let's make it easy, you cant because I haven't , so you are lying

You see now why my first post was accurate.
edit on 26-11-2021 by ScepticScot because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 26 2021 @ 01:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: daskakik
a reply to: v1rtu0s0
It is a vax, just a new kind.

When the topic of a thread is the covid and/or covid vaccines, it is a given that the term refers to those types and not necessarily others, although there are those who are against these and those.

Much ado about nothing.

The op is talking about the misuse of a general term applied to a specific thing. I know lots of people who, in the past, would draw in a sharp breath and twist up their faces at the thought of "anti vaxxers" The term was already poisoned by those collective folk who thought they knew best and is now weaponized against those who question these particular vaccines, even if none of us gave a second thought to all the traditional childhood and travel vaccines.

The term was politicized in the past to dismiss those who had concerns as quacks, hippies, etc. by the left leaning groups currently finding themselves with popularity. The venom was already built up and now used as a catch all phrase of disgust by some but I find myself using it to describe my stance on the mrna vaccines so am also contributing to the problem. Would never of considered myself anti vax before just indifferent, didn't care who did or who didn't.

posted on Nov, 26 2021 @ 01:46 PM
link   
a reply to: igloo

But it isn't misused, if you are against the covid vaccines you are anti-vaxx, even if it is just those vaccines.

If someone feels they are being lumped into the larger group of anti-vaxxers, that is on them.

posted on Nov, 26 2021 @ 02:09 PM
link   

I agree and when anti vaxers stop telling lies then there is no need to point them out.

That is what you mean right?

pretty much. I wish nobody was spreading lies. But as with Newton's third law, the harder the bootlickers push, the more push back will happen. And pushback currently is fabricated stories mixed in with factual accounts. I don't know if you are aware of this, but currently you can't discuss factual accounts of things if they are negative to the narrative.

We know there can be miocarditis from the shots. But if you talk about the number of cases, or someone you know who got it, you will be silenced by big tech. That's where the lies come from, a counter to that.

If we had real science driving real facts, and left out the "profit" part, we might have some real results to gain traction on this. But once it was politicized and used to get rid of Trump, we seem to have lost the plot.

posted on Nov, 26 2021 @ 02:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: daskakik
a reply to: igloo

But it isn't misused, if you are against the covid vaccines you are anti-vaxx, even if it is just those vaccines.

If someone feels they are being lumped into the larger group of anti-vaxxers, that is on them.

so because I feel you aren't putting much thought into your response, it's fair to call you "anti-thought" right?

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join