It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Terri Schiavo cannot live for 40 days without food and drink so how could Jesus have done it???

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 28 2005 @ 09:14 AM
link   
ok...

yesterday (easter) was day 10 of Terri Schiavo not having the feeding tube...

she is not going to last that long...

she will NOT make it 40 days...

in the bible, Jesus (remember, He is ONLY human right???) went to the desert and fasted for 40 days...

He had no water or food right???

how could He have done it (if He was ONLY human) and a human, Terri Schiavo, cannot do it???

am i missing something???

[edit on 28-3-2005 by they see ALL]

posted on Mar, 28 2005 @ 09:35 AM
link   
The bible never mentions he didn't drink. It just says he didn't eat.
The human body can last many weeks without food, but usually only 3-4 days without water.

posted on Mar, 28 2005 @ 09:36 AM
link   
I think he drank. Of course you cannot live long at all without water. He just did not eat. And I think people have made it even longer than 40 days without food since then.

posted on Mar, 28 2005 @ 09:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by ThatsJustWeird
The bible never mentions he didn't drink. It just says he didn't eat.
The human body can last many weeks without food, but usually only 3-4 days without water.

I am really having a hard time believing that someone isnt slipping her some water.

Maybe her body is working super slow, so it needs very little.

posted on Mar, 28 2005 @ 09:49 AM
link   
Jesus drank in the desert???

this is new to me

posted on Mar, 28 2005 @ 10:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by they see ALL
Jesus drank in the desert???

this is new to me

Plants in the desert hold ALOT of water, so it wouldnt be unrealistic.

posted on Mar, 28 2005 @ 10:22 AM
link   
Jesus is God incarnate. God and man. Duel nature.
Of course he could go 40 days without food.

BTW - MANY Catholic saints through out time have gone
without eating for years and years. They lived on water
and just the Eucharist (one little wafer a day). Google
up the Catholic saints who didn't eat. Miracles do occur.

posted on Mar, 28 2005 @ 10:26 AM
link   
Luke 4:1-2

Jesus, full of the Holy Spirit, returned from the Jordan and was led by the Spirit in the desert, [2] where for forty days he was tempted by the devil. He ate nothing during those days, and at the end of them he was hungry.

He ate nothing, but none of the Gospels say he drank nothing.

posted on Mar, 28 2005 @ 02:27 PM
link   
thanks for the info. guys...

i always thought that He didn't drink either...

posted on Mar, 28 2005 @ 03:55 PM
link   
He's Jesus he can do anything.

posted on Mar, 28 2005 @ 09:15 PM
link   
Always picking on my brother are we? ..

well if you read about the Buddha who was very well documented he fasted for 49 days and I'll say it again, it was recorded.. so it is possible, anyone remember David Blain he demonstrated it aswell... Terri Schiavo has had a major heart attack and suffers from brain damage... and uh .. well as far as I know Jesus was fit as a fiddle.. so that could be your answer right there.. not to mention it would take some spiritual experience to undertake such a task.

posted on Mar, 28 2005 @ 09:28 PM
link   
Challenge for christians!!!!

Here is the deal. I will give you all the WATER you want for 40 days, but you cannot eat. I bet you die.

Who wants to get in on this wager?

posted on Mar, 28 2005 @ 09:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by dnero6911
Always picking on my brother are we? ..

well if you read about the Buddha who was very well documented he fasted for 49 days and I'll say it again, it was recorded.. so it is possible, anyone remember David Blain he demonstrated it aswell... Terri Schiavo has had a major heart attack and suffers from brain damage... and uh .. well as far as I know Jesus was fit as a fiddle.. so that could be your answer right there.. not to mention it would take some spiritual experience to undertake such a task.

Jeus is your brother???

you must be from the middle east...

anyway, Jesus had water...

this is how he was able to this task...

nothing strange about this task...

ANY man can do it...

yes Jesus was a man right???

posted on Mar, 28 2005 @ 09:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Seapeople

Here is the deal. I will give you all the WATER you want for 40 days, but you cannot eat. I bet you die.

I'm game.

posted on Mar, 28 2005 @ 09:39 PM
link   
how can you prove you did this jake???

posted on Mar, 28 2005 @ 09:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by they see ALL
how can you prove you did this jake???

Hey, seapeople just put forward the challenge. I told him I'm up for it. The rules and accountability aren't my problem. If he can figure out a way, I am willing to take the challenge. Whoever makes the challenge needs to enforce it, not those being challenged. Don't turn this on me

Now, were I asked to go 40 days without my City of Heroes or History Channel, that may be a different scenario...

posted on Mar, 28 2005 @ 09:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by junglejake

Originally posted by Seapeople

I'm game.

I'm not a christian, but I'll bet I can go forty days without food. Hell I need to lose a few pounds anyway.

posted on Mar, 28 2005 @ 09:45 PM
link   
Its not so much that he lived without food/water for 40 days in the desert. Its that he was able to resist the devils temptations. For 40 days the devil tempted him to join his side. He said he would have given him every kingdom on Earth, but Jesus resisted him for the 40 days.

posted on Mar, 28 2005 @ 09:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Croat56
Its not so much that he lived without food/water for 40 days in the desert. Its that he was able to resist the devils temptations. For 40 days the devil tempted him to join his side. He said he would have given him every kingdom on Earth, but Jesus resisted him for the 40 days.

Actually, that's the wild and disturbing part. No, he wasn't tempted for 40 days. It wasn't until his fast was nearly over that the Devil started to tempt him. Satan isn't stupid. Right at the end, Satan came with his first temptation of food. Jesus started a 40 day fast. However, on day 39 (or around there abouts) Satan comes to him and says, "hey, you're the Son of God, and your fast is just about done. Aren't you hungry. Well, you're the Son of God, turn that rock into bread." Jesus's reply stating that man doesn't live on bread alone but the word of God sustains. He was only tempted two more times, with power and popularity after the pleasure temptation. They were extremely effective, since Satan used the Word against Christ, but...well, God ain't no pushover and saw through it.

I actually thought that was really interesting...In fact, I think I may start a thread about that tomorrow. Hmm. Groovy.

posted on Mar, 28 2005 @ 10:01 PM
link   
Thanks for correcting me junglejake. I knew it was something along those lines.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join