Terri Schiavo cannot live for 40 days without food and drink so how could Jesus have done it???

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join

posted on Mar, 28 2005 @ 10:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by junglejake
Actually, that's the wild and disturbing part. No, he wasn't tempted for 40 days. It wasn't until his fast was nearly over that the Devil started to tempt him. Satan isn't stupid. Right at the end, Satan came with his first temptation of food. Jesus started a 40 day fast. However, on day 39 (or around there abouts) Satan comes to him and says, "hey, you're the Son of God, and your fast is just about done. Aren't you hungry. Well, you're the Son of God, turn that rock into bread." Jesus's reply stating that man doesn't live on bread alone but the word of God sustains. He was only tempted two more times, with power and popularity after the pleasure temptation. They were extremely effective, since Satan used the Word against Christ, but...well, God ain't no pushover and saw through it.

I actually thought that was really interesting...In fact, I think I may start a thread about that tomorrow. Hmm. Groovy.

yeah...

the history channel is great...

anyway, the devil is stuck in hell right???

so he can influence people from hell???

this means that God putting satan in hell did no affect...

he can still tempt us...

posted on Mar, 29 2005 @ 11:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by they see ALL
yeah...

the history channel is great...

anyway, the devil is stuck in hell right???

so he can influence people from hell???

this means that God putting satan in hell did no affect...

he can still tempt us...

Croat: I hadn't realized that until I heard a recent sermon and looked into it myself after Michael Yuseff pointed out that He wasn't tempted until the end.

On the other hand, it is possible He was being tempted the entire 40 days, but just chose to tell the deciples about the attacks at the end.

As for Satan being trapped in hell, this isn't the case. In Job it talks about Satan coming before the Lord, who didn't say, "How did you get in here", but instead:

Job 2:2 KJV

2 And the LORD said unto Satan, From whence comest thou? And Satan answered the LORD, and said, From going to and fro in the earth, and from walking up and down in it.

Satan is given permission to play in the Earth and in Heaven (though there are some theories I've read where there are multiple levels of Heaven and Satan is only permitted into the lowest level, but like I said, theories.) God even allows Satan to test people's characters and put them through times that, from our perspective, aren't really all that great, though God uses them to help us grow. After all, if you're stuck in the same place with no hardship, you don't really have a need to change at all, and continue to do what you've always been doing. Hardship causes us as humans to grow and become stronger, more defined and to have more character.

posted on Mar, 29 2005 @ 12:37 PM
link   
God gave satan permission to play in heaven and earth!?!?!?

holy crap...

i am learning more here than at church :shk:

posted on Mar, 29 2005 @ 12:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by they see ALL
God gave satan permission to play in heaven and earth!?!?!?

holy crap...

i am learning more here than at church :shk:

That's why you need to get involved with a small group or Bible study at church -- 4 months ago I knew very little, too, and the typical Sunday sermon touches on the depth the Bible provides, but doesn't go nearly to the level it could. That's what those Bible studies are for

posted on Mar, 29 2005 @ 12:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Seapeople
Challenge for christians!!!!

Here is the deal. I will give you all the WATER you want for 40 days, but you cannot eat. I bet you die.

Who wants to get in on this wager?

uh how bout coke
i don't drink water. it tastes disgusting
i figure 2-3 liters a day would do it:w:

posted on Mar, 29 2005 @ 12:52 PM
link   
lol drogo, I love water! I probably drink between a gallon and two gallons every day. mmmmmmmm...'Course, right now I have on my desk at work a cup of coffee with a packet of Nestle chocolate milk mix in there, a sprite, a coke, and a bottle of Minute Maid Cranberry Grape juice. Ya never know what kind of taste you're going to be in the mood for come your next drink

posted on Mar, 29 2005 @ 12:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by SpittinCobra

Originally posted by ThatsJustWeird
The bible never mentions he didn't drink. It just says he didn't eat.
The human body can last many weeks without food, but usually only 3-4 days without water.

I am really having a hard time believing that someone isnt slipping her some water.

Maybe her body is working super slow, so it needs very little.

Indeed - her body is working super super slow. She has no physical movement at all, no sweat, no water lost.

posted on Mar, 29 2005 @ 12:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Seapeople
Challenge for christians!!!!

Here is the deal. I will give you all the WATER you want for 40 days, but you cannot eat. I bet you die.

Who wants to get in on this wager?

I'm In :-)

Theres a guy who went on hunger strike for 123 days, yep thats three times your wager. The average person is said to be able to survive upto 60 days purely on water.

slate.msn.com...

new topics
top topics

<< 1   >>

join