It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

my president versus your president CRAP!

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 17 2003 @ 03:06 PM
link   
I could agree with 1 or 2 lengthy discuss about individual Presidents merits (apart from "gossip" about their pasts etc.), but there are about 10 topics all saying the same things about the Bush and Clinton and it's a bit pointless, isn't it?

posted on Jul, 17 2003 @ 06:48 PM
link   
seems to me politics is life and has been ever since the Greeks began using it. and i do not believe they are crooks when they begin in politics, but most become crooks once inside the club. it is the system that has become corrupt.
Majestica has a thread that questions if we have any freedom left or a voice in it?
I can understand very easily see why William does not wish to turn this into a right wing radio talk show extension on the internet. on the other hand i cannot understand why he would wish to surpress the exchange of political thought on a free internet
if that is what the people want let them have it as long as it is not harmfull
no one is forced to read a thread
and as far as politics go, make it free again. take the advertising out of politics stop special interest groups that
buy votes for money, in short return the vote to the people
how can we free any other nation if ours isn't democraticaly free. as long as the money of industry controls votes of congress and attitudes of the white house, what is the point to stand out in the rain in a voter polling line other than to catch a cold and claim to have done your part. and then go home and watch the Simpson's on TV the most famous American Hero by world wide popular vote.
hint,hint,hint,

tut tut

posted on Jul, 17 2003 @ 06:53 PM
link   
Tut

Very intelligent sentiments.

Especially in light of the thread on the purpose of the US education system that I thought I had better not post the other day because I am being labelled as anti-American rather than anti-stupidity and anti-corruption.

How can you change:

(a) corrupt and overblown campaign spending?
(b) election rigging (no doubt you have read about the capabilities of the new electronic vote capturing and how your vote may soon mean nothing)?
(c) public apathy?

People are free to turn a blind eye to all those things, by conforming with option (c) for themselves.

posted on Jul, 18 2003 @ 07:33 AM
link   
shhhh

don't tell anyone where you heard this

but it comes from an old-old timer around these parts (i've been here before)

William is one of "them"

posted on Jul, 18 2003 @ 07:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by guest
shhhh

don't tell anyone where you heard this

but it comes from an old-old timer around these parts (i've been here before)

William is one of "them"

whats that i smell cooking? a great big pot of drama?

hmmm i want a bowl!

posted on Jul, 18 2003 @ 07:19 PM
link   
Monkey

guest is gone.

You could write it as a soap opera, or a Shakesperean tragi-comedy.

posted on Jul, 18 2003 @ 07:23 PM
link   
"Tyler" reincarnated as "guest" needs a bigger spoon.....mayhaps someone will give him one....

regards
seekerof

posted on Jul, 19 2003 @ 10:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by MaskedAvatar
Monkey

guest is gone.

You could write it as a soap opera, or a Shakesperean tragi-comedy.

how about farce instead?

posted on Jul, 19 2003 @ 11:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by Bout Time
Given the typical makeup of the Right Wing, the dynamic is off a bit because you have center-Left folks responding in the same fashion....hence all the hub bub...bub. A proverbial fire with fire.
I think it a hoot to see all of the rabid Clinton crotch sniffers now trying to take this high ground posture with those who relentlessly bash their naked emperor and don't throw their hands up in frustration when logic is countered with only ideology driven canned response; filling the role they carried out with glee during Clinton's term, except that those on the Bush hunt actually have real transgressions and illegalities to take to task, whereas are team on the Right only had rumor.
Man, if you took the same $70M that was spent to investigate Clinton & spent it investigating Bush....................

[Edited on 17-7-2003 by Bout Time]

This is an example of off topic trash. This is where we have gone. This is an example of a human so obsessed with party-line manure he can't let go to discuss the party-line manure as the topic.

Maybe we have lost sight of what the board is all about. Mayby we should try and look at conspiracy possibiblities in a logical, no volitile manner instead of playing the truth-hiding sport of politics.

posted on Jul, 19 2003 @ 11:07 AM
link   

originally posted by TC
What? Apologies to the U.N.? Now, that is funny! Why apologize to a corrupt organization that has more reason to ashamed of its existence than we? Ha!!

Thomas, lead the way !

posted on Jul, 19 2003 @ 11:12 AM
link   
And you are saying that we lead the way and the U.N. will follow? Yeah.

posted on Jul, 19 2003 @ 11:18 AM
link   
Personally I don't care about the topic at hand. With all the discussion about changes at ATS recently, I am not surprised that this one was started. I don't expect it to be the last.
What I find interesting is the absolutely typical display of domesticated primate behavior I'm witnessing. You see...William has assumed the role of "Alpha Male" for the herd of primates here at ATS and he is displaying the typical behavioral attributes of said position. He has picked a avatar that foreshadows a warning. It even included the "swelling of the chest" motion typical of primates, birds and some lizards when in a threatening position. Then he posts his topic declaring the boundaries of the herd, like an alpha male. In this case the intellectual content of what he will permit to be posted. This stance is even followed up by WRITING IN LARGE LETTERS. This is effectively signaling violence for failure to abide. If this environment was the jungle (to follow our primate analogy) he would make the same gesture by growling and showing his teeth or raising up on his back two legs.
Lao Tse wrote that there is, "no governor anywhere" and that "authority was an illusion in the minds of governors".
Taking this social-behavioral approach to the forum...can you see where your own posts fit in. What position within the herd to you take? Can you see the social manipulations and power plays happening from the replies this topic has generated. I can see my own status and why I felt compelled to write this.
I believe that we are all sophisticated enough technology wise to see that threatening motions made in this medium don't amount to much. But the human element is still using the same genetic programs socially to function. The interaction between the two...this new yoga...is an exciting phenomenon to be a part of.
Regardless of the posturing of others in your home, community, internet or nationally there is nothing to be afraid of. There is nothing wrong with you....there is nothing wrong at all. You are all absolutely free...

posted on Jul, 21 2003 @ 12:30 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 21 2003 @ 01:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Thomas Crowne

Given the typical makeup of the Right Wing, the dynamic is off a bit because you have center-Left folks responding in the same fashion....hence all the hub bub...bub. A proverbial fire with fire.
I think it a hoot to see all of the rabid Clinton crotch sniffers now trying to take this high ground posture with those who relentlessly bash their naked emperor and don't throw their hands up in frustration when logic is countered with only ideology driven canned response; filling the role they carried out with glee during Clinton's term, except that those on the Bush hunt actually have real transgressions and illegalities to take to task, whereas are team on the Right only had rumor.
Man, if you took the same $70M that was spent to investigate Clinton & spent it investigating Bush....................

This is an example of off topic trash. This is where we have gone. This is an example of a human so obsessed with party-line manure he can't let go to discuss the party-line manure as the topic.

Maybe we have lost sight of what the board is all about. Mayby we should try and look at conspiracy possibiblities in a logical, no volitile manner instead of playing the truth-hiding sport of politics.

Off topic? ........No.

In simpler terms: The Right Wing has morphed into a belligerent, pack mentality, win at all cost archetype over the past 10 years. Part of it is due to the fact that the country prospered on a whole during that time, and they met frustration at every turn in trying to make something stick against the president amidst an avalanche of spurious claims.
We now have a more belligerent group in the opposite camp based on a similar type of frustration: this president is doing so much wrong yet it's under reported if reported at all.
While anyone can scan back into the pre 2000 election Ditto Head/Winger heyday for proof, let's not forget that it ran wild on these boards with the stupidest allegations imaginable against the Clintons dominating nearly every political post.
Again, all the hub bub is about this Right Wing faction being responded to in kind by the Opposite faction, nothing to lament as it is, after all, a political scandal forum.

posted on Jul, 21 2003 @ 01:14 PM
link   
Bout Time, It's 'bout time you woke up.

Your doing the same junk that everyone wants to stop.
Here you are just backing up your statements that Bush is bad.

Too Bad, vote for the Dems then in 2004. Noone cares. There's noone that anyone here will be able to change who other people vote for if they're going to argue so much...

...Just back off and step down...

Tassadar

posted on Jul, 21 2003 @ 01:41 PM
link   
Your intellects are all assuming a banal and primal arrogance on the border of violence. Much of the forum is going down this road. Perhaps it is time all you children, for that is the way you are behaving and talking, like 8th graders at recess all puffed up with self importance, go to your rooms and take a time out.
Perhaps you should ponder the truth about ELF and how it affects the mind. Perhaps you should reconsider what HAARP is truly capable of and look at the world around you and realize it does not truly matter what your insignificant political aims and games are.

Tut

posted on Jul, 21 2003 @ 11:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Thomas Crowne

Off topic? ........No.

In simpler terms: The Right Wing has morphed into a belligerent, pack mentality, win at all cost archetype over the past 10 years. Part of it is due to the fact that the country prospered on a whole during that time, and they met frustration at every turn in trying to make something stick against the president amidst an avalanche of spurious claims.
We now have a more belligerent group in the opposite camp based on a similar type of frustration: this president is doing so much wrong yet it's under reported if reported at all.
While anyone can scan back into the pre 2000 election Ditto Head/Winger heyday for proof, let's not forget that it ran wild on these boards with the stupidest allegations imaginable against the Clintons dominating nearly every political post.
Again, all the hub bub is about this Right Wing faction being responded to in kind by the Opposite faction, nothing to lament as it is, after all, a political scandal forum.

Bout time. You need to post more. You have great ones. Admittedly, ours are different. I use a broadsword and you use a rapier but we both get the point across.

posted on Jul, 23 2003 @ 03:12 PM
link   
My less and less occasional visits to ATS confirm for me that my absence by choice is a good decision. Ever since the "Take back ATS" bull started, the forum has continued it's downward spiral into oblivion. Big brother lives...large type demands by "moderators" and constant banning keep those who would post under the thumb of those who have no life but to bash and attempt control over something surreal. Left side bashes right side, right side bashes left side, left bashes right, right bashes left, left, right, left, right...it's military bashing by the numbers. It is so sad, as this used to be a coherent forum for thoughts and ideas, expressions and hopes. Now it is reduced to lies and innuendo, personal attacks and trash...time to find another place for an occasional intelligent conversation...it can no longer be found here...

posted on Jul, 23 2003 @ 03:20 PM
link   
oh, it is not all that bad. occasionalyy people get carried away as you just did. good luck in your search

tut tut

posted on Jul, 24 2003 @ 12:19 AM
link   
I'm just curious, but why was Guest banned? Was it for what he said here?

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join