It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

F-35 scared of Sparrows

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 30 2005 @ 02:53 AM
link   
A quick trawl through recent BAE systems news releases shows that they are involved in building and upgrades just about every plane in your arsenal, so no it is not just the landing gear. (have excluded the F-35 as i posted something similar in another post recently)

f-22
www.baesystems.com...

f-16
www.baesystems.com...
www.baesystems.com...
www.baesystems.com...

f-15
www.baesystems.com...
www.baesystems.com...

f/a-18
www.baesystems.com...

F/A-18, F-14, F-15, F-16, KC-135, A-10, AH-64, UH-60, AH-1W, and Bell 214
www.baesystems.com...

Edit: The last link is for the Electronic engine controls. How would the US like it if BaE withheld the details of the software in these, or even worse put an easter egg in so that if the UK wanted it could stop all the enigines in your planes working!!!! Dont think you would be too happy and neither is the UK.

[edit on 30-3-2005 by paperplane_uk]

posted on Mar, 30 2005 @ 05:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by WestPoint23
What exactly are they involved in? Don't tell me they are making the landing gear

GKN are making the F/A-22 canopies. With all the stuff in a cockpit that's a huge part of stealthing an aircraft...

posted on Mar, 30 2005 @ 05:05 AM
link   

What exactly are they involved in? Don't tell me they are making the landing gear

- Laugh away Westy but do check out all the links showing otherwise too, huh?

People are willing to take that risk to be friends with the biggest person on the block

- Er, you don't seem to have noticed just how very cool relations have become lately, do you?
Do you really think the recent widespread sneering at almost everyone else in the world has won the US new-found friends and respect!?

Even Rice and Bush have just been out and around the globe (especially to Europe) attempting to undo some of the great damage they and this loopy attitude of the current US 'right' have been doing.

and some counties automatically think if they have U.S. tech then they have the finest in the world.

- If you really aren't hearing this and can't see how this can change all of that you truely have got the blinkers on and fingers stuffed into your ears.

Did you miss the UK Chinook story? Because of that code stupidity we cannot use the latest lot we bought and may be forced to break them up for spare parts!?

That is outrageous and will be noted around the world.
Like I keep saying which potential export customer do you imagine isn't going to wonder 'if that is how they treat their best closest ally....', hmmm?

Go ahead, feel free, knowing that has actually happened name one 1st world country that will ever risk that happening again with something so expensive as, oh, say, the F35?

It's not so much a case of having the "finest tech in the world" as the most expensive unusable ornaments, right?

So I don think this will have any long term implications, notice that the Pakistani don't seem to be worried about codes.

-

Yeah, export all the old stuff you like to places like Pakistan
(and the US taxpayer might even end up paying for a lot of it under the 'export guarantee system too!

But if you really think there's a future for the US aerospace industry in selling old F16 tech to Pakistan
)

Also I’m a U.S. taxpayer and I don't mind dishing out some extra loot to keep our military programs domestic.

- Keep the blinkers on all you like Westy but you're the first to come on here bitching about how low production runs mean high unit costs and low numbers in service.....all of which = lower profits for R&D and ultimately a smaller industry etc etc (why do you think everyone - including the US till now - is doing this whole 'cost/risk sharing' business, can you not see what it is all about, hmm?)

I guess you must be trying really really hard not to 'get' any of this, hmmm?

[edit on 30-3-2005 by sminkeypinkey]

posted on Apr, 6 2005 @ 03:13 PM
link   
U seem to just go against anything non-US Westy, even the UK why do u have to have this hateful attitude that the US is totally isolationist and will not be helped or should not help/co-operate with allies?

posted on Apr, 6 2005 @ 03:42 PM
link   
He's a hyper-nationalist, there are a bunch of them here.
It's best to just ignore them.

posted on Apr, 6 2005 @ 04:00 PM
link   
Removed because it made me look like an idiot...

[edit on 26/02/2005 by devilwasp]

posted on Apr, 6 2005 @ 04:09 PM
link   
You got the wrong end of the stick there DW

Who?
The US has helped us on many occasions but hasnt on others...we are simply voiceing our displeasure at this...

Although his punctuation was poor. He was saying Westy goes against everything non-US, and even against the UK. Not the other way around.

posted on Apr, 6 2005 @ 04:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by stumason
You got the wrong end of the stick there DW

Although his punctuation was poor. He was saying Westy goes against everything non-US, and even against the UK. Not the other way around.

Uhh I knew that.....***shuffles uncomfertably*** hounest!

posted on Apr, 6 2005 @ 04:18 PM
link   

Removed because it made me look like an idiot...

[edit on 26/02/2005 by devilwasp]

Cracking me up DW! Thats censorship at it's best!

posted on Apr, 6 2005 @ 05:08 PM
link   

Cracking me up DW! Thats censorship at it's best!

**Smacks stumason across face with iron gauntlet** "speak only when spoken to!....now smile for the cameras and ignore the men with guns..."

posted on Apr, 6 2005 @ 05:12 PM
link   

**Smacks stumason across face with iron gauntlet** "speak only when spoken to!....now smile for the cameras and ignore the men with guns..."

**kicks DW squarely in the gonads** "Treat you elders with respect, you skirt wearing porridge monkey!"

(jk DW
)

posted on Apr, 6 2005 @ 05:35 PM
link   

**kicks DW squarely in the gonads** "Treat you elders with respect, you skirt wearing porridge monkey!"

(jk DW
)

***stands tall and doesnt flinch** "that the best shot you got?"

posted on Apr, 6 2005 @ 06:09 PM
link   
Ok, help me out here, Lockheed Merlin are a principal contactor on the F-22. Lockheed Merlin are owned by BAE systems. Now this may be a dumb question, and forgive me if it does. But doesn’t that mean that BAE, a British company own the Lockheed part of the F-22 program, and therefore any of the code Lockheed have written for it? And so not be subject to the US defence export reg’s?

posted on Apr, 6 2005 @ 07:08 PM
link   

Lockheed Merlin are a principal contactor on the F-22. Lockheed Merlin are owned by BAE systems

Uhh... *scratches head* “Lockheed Merlin”? Do you mean Locked Martin?
Lockheed Martin is not owned by BAE its a company based in the U.S.
And the rest of your post is pretty much is answered by the fact that there is no such company that I am aware of that is called Lockheed Merlin, and that works on the Raptor.

posted on Apr, 6 2005 @ 07:28 PM
link   
I think he may be on about a recent BAe aqusition of part of Lockheed Martin:

BAe Press Release

BETHESDA, MD – (July 13, 2000) – Lockheed Martin Corporation (NYSE:LMT) and BAE SYSTEMS North America, Inc. announced today that they have reached a definitive agreement under which BAE SYSTEMS North America will acquire Lockheed Martin's Aerospace Electronics Systems business for $1.67 billion in cash. BAE SYSTEMS North America, a Delaware corporation, is a wholly-owned subsidiary of BAE SYSTEMS plc, Farnborough, England.

Lockheed Martin Aerospace Electronics Systems (AES) comprises the Sanders, Fairchild Systems and Space Electronics & Communications businesses with principal facilities in New Hampshire, New York and Virginia. Major AES products include aircraft self-protection systems; tactical surveillance and intelligence systems; reconnaissance and navigation systems; automated mission planning systems; microwave electronics; infrared sensors; and radiation-hardened digital components and systems for space applications. The AES businesses, with approximately 5,300 employees, had equivalent 1999 revenues of $1.2 billion

posted on Apr, 6 2005 @ 07:30 PM
link   

Uhh... *scratches head* “Lockheed Merlin”? Do you mean Locked Martin?

- Now I've seen it all.
Westy complaining about spelling
he/she has no shame.

Lockheed Martin is not owned by BAE its a company based in the U.S.

- Er actually Westy ......

Lockheed Martin Corporation and BAE SYSTEMS North America, Inc. announced today that they have reached a definitive agreement under which BAE SYSTEMS will acquire Lockheed Martin's Control Systems business for $510 million in cash. BAE SYSTEMS North America is a wholly-owned subsidiary of British Aerospace plc, Farnborough, England.

www.defense-aerospace.com...@xsOa9dUAADBV6Qg&modele=release

That was in 2000 by the way. It might not be the entire company but it was a substantial chunk of the business.

Lockheed Martin Control Systems, (LCMS) which produces controls for the B-2 bomber, the C-17 Globemaster strategic transport, the F/A-18, the Boeing 757 and Boeing 767 commercial jets.

www.answers.com...

- So, it is clear that UK companies do 'own' major parts of the current wave of US tech, actually.

And the rest of your post is pretty much is answered by the fact that there is no such company that I am aware of that is called Lockheed Merlin, and that works on the Raptor.

- Don't you feel just the tinniest bit of embarrassment, hmmmm?

Maybe you should do a few simple google checks before boldly stating such nonsense......unless you are just trolling about the place, hmmm?

[edit on 6-4-2005 by sminkeypinkey]

posted on Apr, 6 2005 @ 07:32 PM
link   
Sminkey! Beat you too it!

I never miss an opportunity to engage "Westy" on something
..Always guaranteed to be a laugh!

posted on Apr, 6 2005 @ 07:40 PM
link   

Sminkey! Beat you too it!

- That's what happens when you go off writing the posts, you can't see if someone else is quicker off the mark!

Ah well, it's all good......do you think he'll take a little 'education' or wriggle some more?

posted on Apr, 6 2005 @ 08:03 PM
link   

Ah well, it's all good......do you think he'll take a little 'education' or wriggle some more?

Let me see...... I reckon we're in for more wiggling.....as usual!

posted on Apr, 7 2005 @ 03:28 AM
link   
The origuinal poster's 'Lockheed Merlin' error may have something to do with the fact that Lockheed are going to license build the AgustaWestland Merlin for US service and that somehow got mangled up into argument?

I wonder if BAE are overstretching themselves a bit as not only have they bought this chunk of Lockheed Martin but they have also acquired a similar chunk of Boeing. Are they trying to take over US Industry or just trying to corner the market in that particular field of electronics?

It saddens me as a UK plane buff that BAE are moving away from actual Aeroplanes and becoming more systems oriented, hence the recent name change. It may well be based on a sound business case but it seems a shame we aren't building planes as much as we should, for instance would it have been SO difficult to have a BAE competitior in the civil 80-100 seat market currently being carved up between Embraer and Bombardier? The BAC One Eleven was the first twin in the class but now we are totally absent. Sorry for rambling, I'll shut up now.

[edit on 7-4-2005 by waynos]

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join