It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

California bans gas generators….adjust plans accordingly

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 11 2021 @ 11:55 AM
link   
Not banned until Jan 2024, or until determined feasible, which could mean Never.

Nothing more than lip service and environmental posturing overall.

They'll be compromising on this one. Most likely gonna end up making way more expensive generators with fancy catalytic converters and scrubbers. They're gonna have to give way too much in subsidies, more than they're thinking now.

Small engines emit a ridiculous level of pollution for their size and reducing air pollution is worthwhile.

Overall it's just putting industry on notice.

posted on Oct, 11 2021 @ 11:58 AM
link   
Sorry, had to drop in for a comment.

" I guess they figured out, that there are now enough sheep in California for use as lawnmowers."

posted on Oct, 11 2021 @ 12:02 PM
link   
a reply to: ChaoticOrder

You laugh…. But I remember when the ‘eco warriors’ successfully lobbied Congress to outlaw normal toilets and shower heads and mandate low-flow toilets. There was a booming business (no pun intended) for smuggling normal toilets into the U.S. from Mexico. Not even joking. That is, until the feds (at the direction of the EPA) actually arrested a ‘smuggler’ and convicted him! Pretty hefty fine involved. The toilet smuggling business went into the—-well YOU know—after that.

posted on Oct, 11 2021 @ 12:04 PM
link   
a reply to: SleeperHasAwakened

Chainsaws, chippers and trucks to haul the debris away?

Pufft, that's what wildfires are for!

posted on Oct, 11 2021 @ 12:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

originally posted by: Thoughtcrime
How is this even legal? Now the state is telling us which commonly used appliances we can own.

From how I'm reading this it's a ban on sales of new products, existing ones are still legal. I suspect this will create a sub-culture of small engine repairs and part manufacturing.

Black markets.

posted on Oct, 11 2021 @ 12:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: watchitburn
a reply to: Buvvy

It's a good thing California isn't susceptible to natural disasters that could knock out the power like earthquakes or anything.

Cause that would be dumb.

Our government, on a national level (CA does worse on a local level) has decided that the burned out, frazzled medical care staff that has brought us through a pandemic this far should begin being fired. The reason behind it is irrelevant...the fact is we were experiencing shortages in nursing and doctors already. And these dumb#s decided to fire some as well.

posted on Oct, 11 2021 @ 12:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: Arnie123
Black markets.

Probably. But I see the used/reseller market as also being lucrative. If I have an existing ICE home generator and I don't want to replace it I'm going to call someone who can repair it and save the swap out/up grade cost.

posted on Oct, 11 2021 @ 12:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: network dude
Why not just ban internal combustion engines?

They did, I think it's 2035 or right around there.
why wait? isn't climate change a problem today? We can't let selfish folks in Cali kill polar bears.

posted on Oct, 11 2021 @ 12:28 PM
link   

why wait? isn't climate change a problem today? We can't let selfish folks in Cali kill polar bears.

I guess they needed to give everyone enough time to get a Segue.

posted on Oct, 11 2021 @ 12:31 PM
link   
Perhaps the answer is to just take our ball and go home. Plainly they don't want us in their economy, so we should make our own.

posted on Oct, 11 2021 @ 12:34 PM
link   
I grew up in SoCal, and in just a few weeks we are finally leaving for good. So many people here are in a liberal psychosis and I can understand why people don't want Californian's moving into their state. We are embarrassed to say we are from CA, but not all of us are bringing those ideas...we are escaping from them!

posted on Oct, 11 2021 @ 12:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: crayzeed
a reply to: F2d5thCavv2
You beat me to it. How can a lumberjack work in the middle of a forest. For the World not just US. ANY and I mean any car that does not do 40 miles to the gallon automatically scrap it. And that includes limos and Chelsea tractors (that's big 4 by 4s to you Americans).

That's the problem. Most of the liberals have no idea how the rest of the world works outside of their San Francisco enclave.

They really don't have any concept of how things are made, where their food comes from, etc.

posted on Oct, 11 2021 @ 01:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
Perhaps the answer is to just take our ball and go home. Plainly they don't want us in their economy, so we should make our own.

Yes

This is literally the answer, and we have the technology to supplement and complement the distributed, decentralized systems that can quickly outpace any centralized system that is based on control.

Food, power, manufacturing, and information are the pillars we can build the foundation upon. A rapid shift to aquaponics, solar/hydro/etc., 3d printing/CNC/laser, and mesh networks. These are then tied together with robotics and ultralightweight automation. The former is all readily available online and can be delivered within days. The latter is mostly ready to go, but can only be leveraged through widespread adoption of the former.

Success hinges on building that foundation. People with expertise, experience, and knowledge are being kicked out of "normal" society en masse, but their capabilities dont suddenly disappear of course. We just need an alternative for everyone to fall back on.

All the better if that alternative is a superior option in the face of modern technology to begin with..

posted on Oct, 11 2021 @ 01:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: LABTECH767

I am not in the US but that is utterly ridiculous, it will basically put thousands of small business owners, builders, gardener's and handymen out of business.

If they want zero emissions then why not change to plant based alternatives to fossil fuel, alcohol based fuels for engines etc, they still output carbon but that carbon is part of a closed cycle going back into the plants that are turned into the fuel used in the machines.

It's all a scam anyway but either way, whoever is pushing this law is not in touch with reality and actual peoples lives, if they have any sense they will vote these good for nothing's out at your next election unless they are utterly brainwashed or the election is rigged.

All they want to do is turn people into unemployed and give them UBI

posted on Oct, 11 2021 @ 01:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: balanc3
Not banned until Jan 2024, or until determined feasible, which could mean Never.

Nothing more than lip service and environmental posturing overall.

They'll be compromising on this one. Most likely gonna end up making way more expensive generators with fancy catalytic converters and scrubbers. They're gonna have to give way too much in subsidies, more than they're thinking now.

Small engines emit a ridiculous level of pollution for their size and reducing air pollution is worthwhile.

Overall it's just putting industry on notice.

The problem with this, and it happens on both sides of the aisle, is there will be some half-measured compromise that makes manufacturers' costs go up and they just pass it to the consumer. All the while the compromise doesn't address the problem completely.

DESIGN a better cheaper way, hell we probably have the tech it's just "top secret" right now.

For commercial landscapers, batteries would have to last at least last half a day to be even close to the convenience of petrol. Among a plethora of other issues.

posted on Oct, 11 2021 @ 02:17 PM
link   
Sad, considering I spent a large part of my youth lusting after Honda CR Elsinore models.

posted on Oct, 11 2021 @ 02:21 PM
link   

I guess they needed to give everyone enough time to get a Segue.
the mental image that provides screams ghey.
would they wear bike helmets too?

posted on Oct, 11 2021 @ 02:34 PM
link   

would they wear bike helmets too?

People who buy a Segue are already full time safety helmet wearers or candidates for same.

posted on Oct, 11 2021 @ 02:40 PM
link   
What about back up generators at hospitals, fire stations, federal a buildings. I suppose it’s ok to sell large ones but not small ones?

posted on Oct, 11 2021 @ 02:40 PM
link   
what do they do with All the old stuff?
recycle it? thats when they give it to china to Dump in the Sea!
why do you think you get so much plastic in the sea!

and All the resources needed to build the new stuff!
and Most of it is from China????
the lithium batteries they only last 5 years max.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join