It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BUSINESS: Conservatives Angry at Starbucks Over Cup Quotes

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 26 2005 @ 11:50 PM
link   
I guess conservatives can buy their coffee elsewhere. Personally, I can't understand why leftists would buy coffee from a "big business" like Starbucks, anyway. I guess paying five dollars for a fifty cent cup of coffee is just too much to resist for those who are spend so much of their time worrying about the poor.

posted on Mar, 26 2005 @ 11:52 PM
link   
You're absolutely right PistolPete, I should have made my statement more broad.

Actually, I should have just left it at 'fringe.'

Mea culpa.

posted on Mar, 26 2005 @ 11:57 PM
link   
And who even reads the cups anyway? The barristas put those cardboard "coffee bras" on them so you don't burn your hands and the printing is covered up.

posted on Mar, 27 2005 @ 12:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by GradyPhilpott
I guess paying five dollars for a fifty cent cup of coffee is just too much to resist for those who are spend so much of their time worrying about the poor.

Paying only 50 cents for a cup of coffee only contributes to the poor slave labour conditions the farmers are forced to work and earn a living in. Starbucks coffee farmers are paid very well for the second- and third-world countries they grow in. Not to mention the quality, compared to a cup of Tim Horton's or anyother cheap store bought coffee- which tastes like dirty water, has alot to do with it.

posted on Mar, 27 2005 @ 12:54 AM
link   

I Keep thinking what qualifies as a good quote--" Mr. Gorbachov, tear down that wall,"? Nah, that came from a speech writer--anyone have any Conservative quotes worth putting on a cup?

Actually if you knew what you were talking about then you would know that Reagan himself wrote that line. He inserted it against the advice of his speechwriters as well as those in the State Department. Reagan was an excellent writer and was known for changing speeches drastically that were written for him.

posted on Mar, 27 2005 @ 12:57 AM
link   
/Sarcasm What kind of a day and age is it that I cant have my cup of coffee with out being exposed to pro-enviroment ideas/sarcasm

I mean really, you can't handle just one more oppinion other than Fox News?

posted on Mar, 27 2005 @ 01:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by kazi
I Keep thinking what qualifies as a good quote--" Mr. Gorbachov, tear down that wall,"? Nah, that came from a speech writer--anyone have any Conservative quotes worth putting on a cup?

Or how about just this picture.

posted on Mar, 27 2005 @ 01:31 AM
link   
Next thing you know In-N-Out will have to remove the discreet bible references on its cups.

Bet some of you never noticed those huh?

posted on Mar, 27 2005 @ 01:46 AM
link   
There are no In-N-Out Burger's around here, so I checked around and Snopes had an article.

These mysterious markings are pointers to Biblical passages. Those easily disturbed by the presence of Bible verses need not fear for their souls, however: The text of the passages themselves are not spelled out on the cups and wrappings; only their notations appear there.

That's interesting.

(I wonder if we can fit another Snopes link in this thread some how?)

posted on Mar, 27 2005 @ 05:58 AM
link   
I am sick to death of hearing some damn fool conservatives complain about being exposed to other opinions other than their own....What the hell is it about these jackasses that make them pathologically incapable of being exposed to other's opinions without foaming at the mouth like some rabid dog? I read with relish everything from the extreme wrong to the extreme left and come to my own opinions....there is an old adage that would be well to remember...."I may disagree with what you have to say but I will defend to the death your right to say it. "

posted on Mar, 27 2005 @ 06:15 AM
link   
Im republican, conservitive, Im pro-bush, Im whatever you wanna say....
But in my opinion if you don't like it then don't drink it

If I owned a business Im gonna darn well put whatever I want to on my products and if you don't like it, don't buy it...tough

Everyone is intitled to thier opinion it's what makes this nation so great...freedom of speech right?

Anyways if a simple Liberal quote is gonna suade you from enjoying a nice caramel machiato then you have issues...I still drink it

posted on Mar, 27 2005 @ 06:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by PistolPete
(I wonder if we can fit another Snopes link in this thread some how?)

People have been trying to take down Starbucks a while.

Snopes: Boycott Starbucks E-Mail (Anti-Isreal?)

Snopes: Boycott Starbucks E-Mail (They Hate Our Troops!)

And I hear they serve French roast coffee too!

posted on Mar, 27 2005 @ 08:37 AM
link   
So a cup of coffee has to be a political thing now? Have we all turned into gerbils in this country?...

posted on Mar, 27 2005 @ 09:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by RANT

Snopes: Boycott Starbucks E-Mail (They Hate Our Troops!)

And I hear they serve French roast coffee too!

I remember that one, my husband called me one day and told me that they had a memo at the military base that was telling the government employees that Starbucks was denying coffee to our troops in Iraq.

He told me that people were going to stop buying coffee on starbucks to show support.

I told my husband that I was going to find out the truth, so I went to my starbuck store and that day the regional manager was in there visiting, so I walk into his meeting and demanded and explanation of the allegations.

He very politely took his time to invite me in and explained to me the whole deal about the supposedly allegations.

I was satisfy.

I am one of those person that will find out by myself if my favorite coffee store is doing something wrong again our troops.

What did I got from all this well I got a free coffee, a call from the headquarters for a free 20 dollar card and a bag of coffee.

posted on Mar, 27 2005 @ 09:06 AM
link   
so, children, the lesson learned is to go into your local starbucks and ask about their supposed anti-american policies and you will get what you want.

one cup soy latte half caff mocha frappuchino - $4.49
one gift card - $20
one bag of starbuck's finest coffee beans - $ 18.85

knowledge that starbucks is willing to bribe you when you question their ethics?

Priceless.

I'm going to get my freebies now.

posted on Mar, 27 2005 @ 09:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by Crakeur
so, children, the lesson learned is to go into your local starbucks and ask about their supposed anti-American policies and you will get what you want.
knowledge that starbucks is willing to bribe you when you question their ethics?

Priceless.

I'm going to get my freebies now.

Actually you better look as good as I look to get all that.

By the way the reason as the allegations were propaganda after all and it was a conflict of interest going on, it has "haliburton" all over.

Yes I did my homework and found out what the problem was and was satisfy with the reasons.

Some rather follow the "propagandist" instead of listening to the whole story, yes it was a conflict between haliburton and starbucks.

After all the well being of the troops was in my mind over startbucks.

Hey I can always go and drink "Joe's muggs" se I do have a choices.

And my local "Joe's muggs" treat me just fine also.
Free coffee and pastries.

[edit on 27-3-2005 by marg6043]

posted on Mar, 27 2005 @ 09:58 AM
link   
Youssou N'Dour? This guy makes cool tribal beats.Heard him perform at the Mosaic Music Festival in Singapore.He's a helluva good musician..can't believe you guys never heard of him.

Mosaic Music Festival

posted on Mar, 27 2005 @ 10:12 AM
link   
I refill my 32 Oz insulated mug at Tiger Mart with tons of Coffee Mate for $0.79

At home it's Maxwell House regular or Columbian with Food Lion generic coffee mate.

If I really want to spoil myself to a great cup of coffee, it's pure Hawiian Kona for me.

posted on Mar, 27 2005 @ 11:02 AM
link   
marg, I'm pretty damned good looking (or so my mother always tells me) but the starbucks by me is staffed by guys so I won't win any freebies.

on a side note, if you come back with your cup they give you a discount on the coffee.

posted on Mar, 27 2005 @ 11:05 AM
link   
Its a marketing tool. How many people were up in arms ove the Macintosh's "Think Different" adds?

Or more tot he Point what about the bible passages on the bottom of cups and food wrappers (almost hidden) from In and Out Burger? (Popular California Chain) where is the hue and cry there?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join