It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BUSINESS: Conservatives Angry at Starbucks Over Cup Quotes

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 27 2005 @ 11:22 AM
link   
Funny that Liberals will buy a cup of coffee for 4 dollars and at the same time complain about Bush and the price of gasoline. How much does Starbucks cost per gallon? Hippies.

posted on Mar, 27 2005 @ 11:22 AM
link   
its a free country if you dont like their quotes then dont buy their coffee, the stupid things people cry over these days

posted on Mar, 27 2005 @ 11:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by noctu
its a free country if you dont like their quotes then dont buy their coffee, the stupid things people cry over these days

I agree that protesting with your $$$ is an effective way to make change if enought people go along. Because of the extremist views of the Starbucks chairman we buy Pete's whenever possible.

However, with In and Out burger the bible passages are hidden almost and not out int he open. That strikes me as sneaky and disrespectful to the beliefs of others.

posted on Mar, 27 2005 @ 12:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Crakeur
marg, I'm pretty damned good looking (or so my mother always tells me) but the starbucks by me is staffed by guys so I won't win any freebies.

on a side note, if you come back with your cup they give you a discount on the coffee.

Hey I bet you are

Let's the free coffee rolling down our way, the coffee addict and deprived good looking consumers.

posted on Mar, 27 2005 @ 06:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by dgtempe
I like Starbucks. I do think they should put some Bushisms in their quotes

I'd like them to put some marg-isms on their cups, like

Hey I am a women so you most understand that I have not problem with my women issues..........

They could have a promotional contest: Who is Marg?

Just kidding, marg.
Actually only half-kidding.

posted on Mar, 27 2005 @ 07:07 PM
link   
deprived? of what, sleep? that holds true for me.

I actually get at least one free starbucks a day. it's kind of like the bartender buying you that 5th shot. they make so much money off of me that the one freebie isn't going to make a difference in the world to their receipts

posted on Mar, 27 2005 @ 07:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by jsobecky

Originally posted by dgtempe
I like Starbucks. I do think they should put some Bushisms in their quotes

I'd like them to put some marg-isms on their cups, like

Hey I am a women so you most understand that I have not problem with my women issues..........

Just kidding, marg.

You made me laugh so loudly jsobecky - I had to vote for you for Way Above Top secret !!! Margisms lol

posted on Mar, 27 2005 @ 07:49 PM
link   
Hell, I already sent my Dragons and my Rosie/gun qoute, maybe they will use it......

Anyways, again, like the fox blocker, conservatives mad they didn't think of it first, but then again the only things they create are Nixon Style/Rove style tactics.

Also, hypocrits. Have billboardsa with bible quotes, a-ok. But have something that might make sense? GO TO HELL!!!!!! BOYCOTT!!!!!! EVIL!!!!! KILL THEM ALL!!!!!

posted on Mar, 27 2005 @ 08:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by DClark
Funny that Liberals will buy a cup of coffee for 4 dollars and at the same time complain about Bush and the price of gasoline. How much does Starbucks cost per gallon? Hippies.

Didn't see any of them mentioning the price of gas......

I can buy a whole jar of Folgers for about 4 bucks and add water, by passing the Starbucks if need be, but I can't buy a jar of instant gas and add my water, and by pass the gas station.....

posted on Mar, 27 2005 @ 08:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by jsobecky

Just kidding, marg.

Hey I am still waiting for the dance
I think is better if you and me get a nice cup of Java at starbucks then you will learn who I am, , I bet I can make lots of money selling my quotes.

Some here are just to jealous to enjoy the good things in life.

posted on Mar, 28 2005 @ 12:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by James the Lesser
GO TO HELL!!!!!! BOYCOTT!!!!!! EVIL!!!!! KILL THEM ALL!!!!!

The irony of wishing Christians to go to hell for practicing their religion shouldn't be lost on anyone. I just wanted to point that out.

By the way, ATSNN is a non-murder zone.

posted on Mar, 28 2005 @ 01:58 PM
link   
Whatever trips your trigger-
Whatever floats your boat-
Whatever gets you to the train on time-

I look forward to collecting cups- Cuz for every boycotter, I'm sure there are two who applaud Starbucks efforts to - instigate debate-

Are they also WI-FI accessible- we could post from the coffee shop what the latest quotes are

posted on Mar, 28 2005 @ 02:02 PM
link   
they are wi-fi but it must be cingular or some other carrier that I don't have. of course, I get a ton of free coffee now that I questioned their business ethics.

Marg, where do I send the balinese dream blend?

posted on Mar, 28 2005 @ 03:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Crakeur

Marg, where do I send the balinese dream blend?

Hey, all you have to do is complain about something and they will treat you right.

Actually I am friend's with the store manager that used to be the manager of the Joe muggs store in town, and then became a News Reporter, so sometimes is who you know after all.

posted on Mar, 28 2005 @ 07:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by frayed1

Originally posted by DClark

Didn't see any of them mentioning the price of gas......

I can buy a whole jar of Folgers for about 4 bucks and add water, by passing the Starbucks if need be, but I can't buy a jar of instant gas and add my water, and by pass the gas station.....

Was that supposed to make sense?

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join