It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is the Deal with 2012??

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 1 2005 @ 03:24 PM
link   
Awesome!

Great graphic! I do appreciate that, however I dont think that answeres any of the questions. for example; is there ANYTHING you can tell me about the years PRIOR to the 26,000 cycle we are in (ie. what happened in during the previous cycle?) Considering the BILLIONS of years the universe has been spinning around... is it possible that the 26,000 year cycle is just a smaller part of a bigger cycle?? After 2012, would it revert to year "0" within their calander? Can the Mayans tell us anyting about the first year in the previous 26,000 cycle?? DO you know if there is anything more to the calander than mathematics based celestial movements? Did the Mayans indictate WHAT the PURPOPSE of the calander was for?

Here is a HUGE question. Do YOU or "the experts" consider the Mayan Calander INFALLIABLE?

Peace

[edit on 1-8-2005 by Serum39]

posted on Aug, 1 2005 @ 04:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Serum39
Awesome!

Great graphic! I do appreciate that, however I dont think that answeres any of the questions. for example; is there ANYTHING you can tell me about the years PRIOR to the 26,000 cycle we are in (ie. what happened in during the previous cycle?) Considering the BILLIONS of years the universe has been spinning around... is it possible that the 26,000 year cycle is just a smaller part of a bigger cycle?? After 2012, would it revert to year "0" within their calander? Can the Mayans tell us anyting about the first year in the previous 26,000 cycle?? DO you know if there is anything more to the calander than mathematics based celestial movements? Did the Mayans indictate WHAT the PURPOPSE of the calander was for?

Here is a HUGE question. Do YOU or "the experts" consider the Mayan Calander INFALLIABLE?

Peace

[edit on 1-8-2005 by Serum39]

Well, lets concider this. The beginning of this "World" is around 3100 BC. This just so happens to be the end of the Egyptian Predynastic period, which lasted from 5500 BC to 3100 BC. Lets use this glimpse of history to see what we believe occured during these times.

1) The predynastic period ended, giving birth to the Pharaonic ages, an age in which we saw humaity go from hunters and gatherers, to community and civilization based groups. Humans also began to use cattle, farming, and crops in order to mass produce food.

2) The Predynastic period ended, and gave birth to the Pharaonic ages, in which one of the most interesting aspects of the transition period is the shift in burial customs. Traditionally, the burial of members of family were placed very close to the home of where the family resided. In some cases family members and especially children were buried directly into the floor of the home dwelling. Over a very short period of time, close to the end of the predynastic period, and the beginning of the Pharaonic ages (the beginning of this world), the buriels were moved very far away from the cities and villages. The exact reasons for this change are unknown, but most relate it to a growing fear of necrophobia, fear of the dead.

3) This same time we see the pharoes of the time creating grand buriel chambers that were to be used to "transition from this world, to the next." They were even buried with belongings, slaves, money, and wardrobes. They were literally packing up in preparation for their next life. Some pharoes spent their entire lives worrying about the next world.

So, basically, at the beginning of this world we saw the rise of Anchient Egypts 1st Dynasty and Egypts first unification under a king known as "King Scorpion". This unification is believed to have happened sometime between 3150 and 3110 BC.

[Just a note to you Illuminati researchers: The Gheza underground city for the dracos may also have begun during this time, and may be another reason for the choice of this time period as a "first contact" of draco's to humans. It could also account for much of egypts anchient history, enlightenment, and art at this time. Were Egypt's pahroahs the true beginning of the NWO? or perhaps a failed first try to the NWO?]

Just one example.

xmad

posted on Aug, 4 2005 @ 08:15 PM
link   
Well even if something does happen like a huge world war and the military going against civillians or inter-stellar galactic warfare, I look forward to is that's the year I hope to be joining the Royal Marine Commandos as an Officer. The world is ending every year.

As for the Olympics, they do plan ahead remember! Which reminds me, where is it next time?

posted on Sep, 13 2005 @ 09:29 PM
link   
2006 is supposed to be the solar minimum, and yet on Sept. 7, the 4th largest flare recorded occured..... So if this is the minimum, and we're breaking records then what is the max going to be like? It figures that the Mayan big day would coincide with a solar cycle, they were very good at noting those cycles.

posted on Sep, 14 2005 @ 03:33 AM
link   
You guys have presented alot of great evidence that I find very interesting. If I may ask though, if the mayans had the ability to forsee every aspect of civilization, how is it that they forgot to invent the wheel?

posted on Sep, 14 2005 @ 03:49 AM
link   
The calendar that everyone is referring to here is a big wheel. They just didn't need them for transportation. The 100 ton monolithic stones that make up certain Ancient American structures must have been moved some other way. It is quite a puzzle in Peru, giant blocks brought up steep narrow trails to high mountain locations, without wheels. The Inca's have an account of a king trying to replace one stone that had somehow been dislodged from one of these walls, but he tried in vain, it was too much for them. It is a big deal even for us. The Mayans observed and recorded cycles in the heavens that were many millenia long....the circle was quite well known to them. Maybe the wheel was just considered to be a move in the wrong direction? It might end up that that was our first mistake.....lol.

posted on Sep, 14 2005 @ 07:48 AM
link   
The myth of the Ouroboros refers to a serpent of light that resides in the heavens.The Milky Way galaxy is that serpent and when viewed from galactic central point it eats its own tail.

The Greeks called the end of the age Suntelia Aion.Plato refered to a cycle of catastrophe at the end of the age.The Suntelia Aion was symbolized by the Ouroboros.

The Milky Way Galaxy keeps a great time cycle that ends in catastrophic change.The Sign of the Suntelia Aion is the Sun rising out of the mouth of the Ouroboros,which will take place on the solstice of December 2012.Strangely enough the same day the Mayan calender ends

img125.imageshack.us...

[edit on 14-9-2005 by jimstradamus]

posted on Sep, 14 2005 @ 08:14 AM
link   
Did you know that the end of 2012 is also our next peak in the 11.3 year solar flare activity cycle? The solar maximum. In about a year we will hit the low end of the cycle, the minimum. Oddly, though, Sept. 7th saw the 4th largest flare on record, and it has apparently been unusually active for the minimum. The sun is a pretty big variable, and I don't think anyone has a clue what this timeperiod will mean until that day. Day one of the fifth sun. It'll all be over by then, allegedly.

posted on Sep, 14 2005 @ 09:34 AM
link   
I did hear about the x17 solar flare,Quite disturbing for whats supposed to be early in this cycle.I do have a GIF of the flare but imageshack says its a little to large but i can email ya if you want to see it or let me know how i can post it

posted on Sep, 14 2005 @ 10:11 AM
link   
Is'nt it true that the sphinx aligned with the constalation leo in 10,500bc
also the pyramids alligned with orions belt at the same time,

and the next time they both align will be 2012,

I know some dont think the sphinx and the pyramids are that old,
nether the less they still align in 2012

posted on Sep, 14 2005 @ 10:24 AM
link   
I believe around the area of 2012 will be a high point..or full awakening of the new age. I also think it has a lot to do with the increase/raising of vibrations...it's already starting

and I think all these ways the sun has been acting definitely relates

[edit on 14-9-2005 by invisibleplane]

posted on Sep, 14 2005 @ 10:33 AM
link   

I also think it has a lot to do with the increase/raising of vibrations...it's already starting

what do you mean, increase/raising of vibrations?

posted on Sep, 14 2005 @ 11:36 AM
link   
Is the Mayan Civilization the FIRST to mention 2012? Is the point of origin reside solely with the Mayans?

If so why? Were the egyptians inept at "astronomy"... i think they have proved other wise. no?

Peace

posted on Sep, 15 2005 @ 11:47 PM
link   
Bring on the Golden Apple!

Hey has anyone read that 2012 mars will come very close to earth causing problems blah blah blah than earth will have shorter days...only 20 percent of population will live blah blah blah I dont know where I read it but was entertaining! Would love to know where that stemed from????

Also has anyone read about in the past how people actually lived on venus or another planet and how that planet came close to the earth and it was losing its atmosphere so they needed gold to attract oxygen or stabilize the atmosphere? Didnt work obviously and they came on to earth. And I belive there was some sidenot of the tower of bable was actually build for the purpose either coming or going both. Where the heck did this story come from?

posted on Sep, 16 2005 @ 06:54 AM
link   
I remember reading my grandma's notes some 10 years ago, then she told me that in the period of 2000-2005 there were going to happen such things as alien invasion, half population dying from AIDS and similar stuff. As a child I felt slightly scared, because she really believed in those things. I don't know if she still does, but obviously none of those things did happen, although, according to her, it was very famous prophecies (might be Nostradamus I think).

So what's so scary about 2012? Are you afraid to burn your butts?
During my short life I've already learnt not to worry about things I've done (or haven't done) in the past, so there's no reason why I should be afraid of something stupid like a cataclysm, because even on that day I would not have what to regret for. If it's supposed to happen, then there's no way anyone of us could prevent that. Christmas is my favourite holiday, therefore, I know one thing - if some stupid joke is going to ruin my 2012 Christmas - then I'm really going to kick some asses

Do you need to believe in everything what you're told? Can't you build your own highway through the life?
I believe in god, but I do not believe in church. Is anything wrong about that? I don't think so. And one of my favourite quotes is from the old movie 'Stigma' - "The kingdom of heaven is inside you, and all around you." Hence, I don't need others to help me find my kingdom.

Cheers folks! Don't let the prophecies determine your life

posted on Sep, 19 2005 @ 03:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by iamian

I also think it has a lot to do with the increase/raising of vibrations...it's already starting

what do you mean, increase/raising of vibrations?

I mean like...we will be vibrating at a higher frequency, with the mass finally starting an understanding of the non-physical world around us of tones, waves and rays..I believe all things give off waves, frequencies, vibrations whatever you want to call it..infact waves and vibrations surround us constantly, but they are not of the physical thus the human eye cannot pick them up, and when you can't see something, you would have to feel it...which I believe is done through meditation, using the '3rd eye', but obviously methods would vary based on one's development

but yes as our vibrational rates go up, our awareness of the surrounding waves I believe would too, the idea of telepathy in picking up waves, or even something as simple as empathy, when someones sad they give off a vibration, when someone is happy they give off a diff vibration, imo with the love vibration being the highest/strongest, etc..so who knows..if we slowly start developing telepathically that would be a sign

the end of the world crap that people keep talking about with this 2012 is so ignorant its funny, and think they have it all figured out by going 'dont worry guys nothing is happening blah blah'..I believe that's right to a certain extent..because the world isn't ending! I've yet to come across any talk of that, but more of a spiritual awakening, a golden age, a time of ascension, etc...

how will this happen? well I believe that is something to do with universal movement of the solar system around an even greater star/system into the photonic/light belt. Just typing photonic belt in google will bring up many pages discussing such possibilties..a few examples being..

www.luisprada.com...
www.luisprada.com...
www.librarising.com...

if there's one thing the Mayans got down, it was the idea of planetary/rotational cycles, and as you'll see in the links above they also speak of such cycles.

While I don't claim everything in those links to be the truth, there is much more spoken about there if I'm not making sense..in my opinion the things spoken about in those links are some of the closest/similar things I've come across in terms of what I believe just might be happening..

so let's feel that love.. literally and vibrationally!

[edit on 19-9-2005 by invisibleplane]

posted on Nov, 17 2007 @ 01:12 AM
link   
Read the White Horse prophecy. I am St. Joseph and the world will not end it will be a rebirth of good and all will be pure again. Love will rule the world.

posted on Sep, 28 2008 @ 07:38 AM
link   
long back in the history...predictions were made about the end of life on earth.....
Many theories have been put forward and many discarded...........of all these the most famous and sought after is the expected end of life on 12th december 2012....this prediction is by far the strongest in terms of the no. of followers and also in terms of certain proofs and directions which had led to it.....

The story begins as follow: the Mayas in the south America, who perhaps many of u must know were one of the most ancient civilisation which flourished by wide expanse. They are the one who are credited for making the first of the pyramids, in south America. They had a circular shaped calender which is believed to show days for next 2000 years...their calender was found to end on what we in modern calender would call 12december 2012.....

A similar calender used in china in some ancient period was also found to coincide with the very date. It may sound like some sought of coincidence but let me tell u similar predictions were made in 2 other places around the globe,that to in a time span of more than 500years and during the periods when long distance transportation or communication was far far more difficult and risky than present day.

some people say that similar prediction was made by Nastrodamas, the man who prophesized the 9/11 tragedy and by far has got all his prophesies correct

Certain enthusiastic people tried to go to the root of the cause and look for some scientific explanantion...........
Before that let me tell u about the magnetic poles of earth...due to the molten core earth behaves like a huge magnet. the north pole of earth's magnet is closer to geographical south pole.This magnet keeps on changing (rotating) very slowly with time.It is expected that the south pole of earth's magnet will coincide with geographical south pole in some thousand years....
Coming back to the topic..on 12 december the dipole moment of earths magnet is going to come parallel to solar system's dipole moment. as a result there will be a sudden change in earths magnetic poles....It is said that this incident may turn out to be catastrophic resulting in floods and may even effect rotation of the planet............

-Abhishek Singh
([email protected])

posted on Dec, 21 2008 @ 11:45 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 1 2009 @ 01:22 PM
link   
I feel that December 22, 2012 will be the fall of all political & economical systems around the world & we will go back to the Barter System for awhile until someone steps back up which would take a VERY long time.
&&
This would take place around the time Obama's presidency's up, either Obama is really going to mess up our systems or something/somebody right after him.
This is just my opinion.
How does it sound?

David

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join