It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Israelis say no 'gay pride' in Holy City

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 28 2005 @ 09:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by DrHoracid
No one said anything about 'worshiping" on holy grown. Its about a gay pride in your face abomination. No one said anything about judging either. God has judged and given the world rules. He even gave an example with the whole pilar of salt thingy after the glassing of Sodom.

Homosexuality is an abomination before God. The punishment is death. Sodom got "glassed" and the pre-flood world drown. If Israel allows this march, the holy city may also get glassed. There is some indication in the bible that it will happen, perhaps this is the reason.

Yes, all mankind but one has sinned. That is the purpose of "the" Church. If gays wish to repent and change. please do so. The bible is pretty specific about homosexuals, adultry, and other sins of "lust".

Spin it however you like DrHoracid but it’s still a matter of sinners being allowed on holy ground. If you want to ban homosexuals you need to ban all sinners and this would go against everything Jesus hoped to teach you. Jesus died for the sinners not the righteous.

Why you want to hang on to the Old Testament while completely ignoring the New is beyond me. Do you follow ancient Jewish law or Jesus Christ?

We have a new covenant with God that began with the birth, life, death and resurrection of Jesus. We are all sinners in the eyes of God, Jesus died for us, to pay our penalty. He died for all the sins of every man and woman for all time. What does this mean? This means that anyone who believes in Jesus Christ for salvation is forgiven, no matter what sins they have committed.

Now that we have established that Jesus died for the sinners and not the righteous. Let’s see if that jives with your statements.

You talk about the destruction of Sodom and Gomorrah (Old Testament) and say that Israel may suffer the same fate if the group of sinners are allow to gather. This destruction and vengeance from God will never happen again. Why? Because Jesus already died for our sins allowing every human being on earth the opportunity to accept him and be forgiven no matter what the sin. This forgiveness is not a limited time offer. Salvation through Christ is available for the entire duration of the sinner’s life. If God were to strike down Israel and these sinners he would be going against his own word because these people were not allowed the term of their life to change their ways and find salvation in Jesus Christ. Case Closed…

[edit on 28-3-2005 by kinglizard]

posted on Mar, 28 2005 @ 10:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by kinglizard
Spin it however you like DrHoracid but it’s still a matter of sinners being allowed on holy ground. If you want to ban homosexuals you need to ban all sinners and this would go against everything Jesus hoped to teach you. Jesus died for the sinners not the righteous.

Why you want to hang on to the Old Testament while completely ignoring the New is beyond me. Do you follow ancient Jewish law or Jesus Christ?

We have a new covenant with God that began with the birth, life, death and resurrection of Jesus.

[edit on 28-3-2005 by kinglizard]

Christ came to "fulfill" the Prophesy not to change it.

Matt 10.5

5These twelve Jesus sent forth, and commanded them, saying, Go not into the way of the Gentiles, and into any city of the Samaritans enter ye not:

6But go rather to the lost sheep of the house of Israel.

7And as ye go, preach, saying, The kingdom of heaven is at hand.

8Heal the sick, cleanse the lepers, raise the dead, cast out devils: freely ye have received, freely give.

9Provide neither gold, nor silver, nor brass in your purses,

10Nor scrip for your journey, neither two coats, neither shoes, nor yet staves: for the workman is worthy of his meat.

11And into whatsoever city or town ye shall enter, enquire who in it is worthy; and there abide till ye go thence.

12And when ye come into an house, salute it.

13And if the house be worthy, let your peace come upon it: but if it be not worthy, let your peace return to you.

14And whosoever shall not receive you, nor hear your words, when ye depart out of that house or city, shake off the dust of your feet.

15Verily I say unto you, It shall be more tolerable for the land of Sodom and Gomorrha in the day of judgment, than for that city.

Sodom had been melted down.............There is no spin here. Christ did not "change" anything in the old testamant, all the OLD laws still prevail to this day and the very last day.

What it amounts to is "balsphemy".

posted on Mar, 28 2005 @ 10:23 AM
link   

Sodom had been melted down.............There is no spin here. Christ did not "change" anything in the old testamant, all the OLD laws still prevail to this day and the very last day.

What it amounts to is "balsphemy".

Jesus changed the penalty.

John 3:16

“For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.

Romans 3-21:26

But now a righteousness from God, apart from law, has been made known, to which the Law and the Prophets testify. This righteousness from God comes through faith in Jesus Christ to all who believe. There is no difference, for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God, and are justified freely by his grace through the redemption that came by Christ Jesus. God presented him as a sacrifice of atonement, through faith in his blood. He did this to demonstrate his justice, because in his forbearance he had left the sins committed beforehand unpunished–he did it to demonstrate his justice at the present time, so as to be just and the one who justifies those who have faith in Jesus.

Acts 10:43

All the prophets testify about him that everyone who believes in him receives forgiveness of sins through his name.

1 John 2:2

He is the atoning sacrifice for our sins, and not only for ours but also for the sins of the whole world.

Colossians 1-13:14

For he has rescued us from the dominion of darkness and brought us into the kingdom of the Son he loves, in whom we have redemption, the forgiveness of sins.

Romans 6:23

For the wages of sin is death, but the gift of God is eternal life in[a] Christ Jesus our Lord.

posted on Mar, 28 2005 @ 11:56 AM
link   
34“Do not suppose that I have come to bring peace to the earth. I did not come to bring peace, but a sword. 35For I have come to turn “ ‘a man against his father,
a daughter against her mother, a daughterinlaw against her motherinlaw–
36a man's enemies will be the members of his own household.’[e]

37“Anyone who loves his father or mother more than me is not worthy of me; anyone who loves his son or daughter more than me is not worthy of me; 38and anyone who does not take his cross and follow me is not worthy of me. 39Whoever finds his life will lose it, and whoever loses his life for my sake will find it.

40“He who receives you receives me, and he who receives me receives the one who sent me. 41Anyone who receives a prophet because he is a prophet will receive a prophet's reward, and anyone who receives a righteous man because he is a righteous man will receive a righteous man's reward. 42And if anyone gives even a cup of cold water to one of these little ones because he is my disciple, I tell you the truth, he will certainly not lose his reward.”

The most important related to this issue is

Matthew 5:18 (King James Version)
King James Version (KJV)

18For verily I say unto you, Till heaven and earth pass, one jot or one tittle shall in no wise pass from the law, till all be fulfilled.

posted on Mar, 28 2005 @ 12:52 PM
link   
What Jesus is saying in your quoted text is that it’s time to choose, conflict will arise between those that choose to follow him and those who do not. He’s saying the choice to follow Christianity will cause disagreements between friends and family. The choice to receive salvation from Jesus is up to the individual.

So again I say to you that Jesus died to allow ALL sinners the opportunity to find salvation through him. The text you quoted has no relevance in this discussion.

posted on Mar, 28 2005 @ 02:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by kinglizard
What Jesus is saying in your quoted text is that it’s time to choose, conflict will arise between those that choose to follow him and those who do not. He’s saying the choice to follow Christianity will cause disagreements between friends and family. The choice to receive salvation from Jesus is up to the individual.

So again I say to you that Jesus died to allow ALL sinners the opportunity to find salvation through him. The text you quoted has no relevance in this discussion.

Here is the relevance to your issue of Christ changing the LAW.

The most important related to this issue is

Matthew 5:18 (King James Version)
King James Version (KJV)

18For verily I say unto you, Till heaven and earth pass, one jot or one tittle shall in no wise pass from the law, till all be fulfilled.

The LAW of Moses did not change with either the birth, death, or resurection of Jesus.

When Christ returns there will be very few that will be taken to heaven. All others shall be destoyed.

posted on Mar, 28 2005 @ 04:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by paranoia

Originally posted by masterp
oh man...too many conversations like this around the internet...aren't you guys tired of all this horse#, again and again?

Nobody gives a # about gays, except gays themselves. We don't care, let them march anywhere they like. Who cares? what's the big deal anyway about a group of men pretending to be women?

Masterp, whether you actually meant this to sound childish or not, your sentiments are actually quite accurate. Why do people care about others that are different from themselves? Fear is a weakness - stop flaunting it and using the bible as your excuse

Me, childish? ha ha. The people posting in here are childish...sorry guys and gals, but I had to say it. They are childish for not using logic in interpreting the world; they are childish because they keep bringing up a non-issue. They are childish because they want to f*** democracy.

All religions are illogical and must be abandoned.

posted on Mar, 29 2005 @ 05:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by masterp

All religions are illogical and must be abandoned.

Logic? Logic dictates that there is a specific "design" to all things. From the subatomic level to DNA to the human "thought" process can only exist through specific intent. That logic also then provides for a superior designer. Faith is a personal issue. My faith say that "designer" is God. Denial of God is illogial and irrational.................

posted on Mar, 29 2005 @ 06:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by jumpspace

On another note, someone thre ina question about the "homosexuals" taking over the world etc...well, I thought it may be amusing to let you know that the words "gay" and "queer" have been hijacked so far...wonder what's next

Cheers

JS

PS: I refrain from using the term "gay", as this was taught to me to mean someone who is happy and jolly. I also do not use the word "queer" as this describes someone who is, simply, queer in the traditional sense. I also have not used the term "poof" as this is something that you put your feet on to relax. I have also refrained from using "poofter" as I thought this may offend some people...thus the use of the term homosexual.

The Rainbow is now an International Mark for their identity. Careful how you display a rainbow image. You might be labeled.

posted on Mar, 29 2005 @ 06:51 AM
link   
omg this is the funniest post I have seen I am laughing so hard I can barely type omg that pic was just way funny

posted on Mar, 29 2005 @ 01:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by noctu
omg this is the funniest post I have seen I am laughing so hard I can barely type omg that pic was just way funny

yeah, I gotta admit ithe picture reminds me of the movie "animal house".

posted on Mar, 29 2005 @ 01:33 PM
link   
how can we misinterpret god's punishment ? it's very simple : it rained stones on the fags . u're either christian or u're not , don't try to throwing the ol' closet fag , gay rights crap .

posted on Mar, 29 2005 @ 01:38 PM
link   
That's definitely worth a warn or two.

People need to focus on real problems.

posted on Mar, 29 2005 @ 01:49 PM
link   
i apologise to all the gentlemen in this site , i should have respected your turf . i don't apologies to all the sniffling homosexuals , but i wish that they see the truth instead of cause trouble . do your parade somwhere else please

posted on Mar, 29 2005 @ 02:21 PM
link   
tempogen, go and post somewhere else please

posted on Mar, 29 2005 @ 03:24 PM
link   
It is interesting how some think that God will punish Israel because of this gay pride thing.
I think that God might be slightly more angry beacuse of other things going on in holy land like murder, opression, destroyed homes, sex slave rings, corrupt leaders, religious hypocrites... ya know, stuff like that.
If he smites Israel, it most certainly won't be because of few gays peacefuly walking around.

posted on Mar, 29 2005 @ 03:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by paperclip

I think that God might be slightly more angry beacuse of other things going on in holy land like murder, opression, destroyed homes, sex slave rings, corrupt leaders, religious hypocrites... ya know, stuff like that.
If he smites Israel, it most certainly won't be because of few gays peacefuly walking around.

LOL...you got that right...but you have to remember, those other things don't bother many as much as gay people do

posted on Mar, 29 2005 @ 05:56 PM
link   
My main problem is that it is being made such a big deal and the pic looks a bit sacriligeous. If you don't believe and aren't a Christian, fine. That is your choice and your decision in life. If you are gay, fine again, that is your choice (yeah yeah, it's not a choice, blah blah blah, that's not the point of this discussion) and your decision in life. I really couldn't care less what your choice is.

I think that a lot of the people going for this don't really care about the religious people's view on what that area means to their faith. I am also fairly certain that there have been trips of not only gay individuals, but gay religious organizations and they went off without a hitch.

It's just when people want to do something that basically insults someone elses faith just because they feel that they have a right to, or to make some kind of statement that I feel they lost my support.

Your freedoms end when they start to infringe on someone else's freedoms.

And remember, tolerance is not only something that people do for your beliefs - it has to go both ways.

posted on Mar, 29 2005 @ 06:55 PM
link   
It is all about common decency. You do not go to an American Ball game and burn an American flag (bad taste), you do not go to a gay persons house and spew hate at them (once again bad taste), you do not go to someone's holy place and flaunt your lifestyle which is an abomination to them (bad taste), etc.....

I would be against them marching there too, I would be against strippers marching there, gambling (bingo included), etc.... just as I would be against a church going to a club, gay pride meeting, abortion clinic, etc... and calling all occupants sinners and abominations.

It all comes down to having some respect for each other and a little class.

posted on Mar, 30 2005 @ 05:59 AM
link   
This could be a whole new thread on the matter.

I just can't believe it's a coincidence that the international symbol for gay pride is the RAINBOW!

I don't even know how it got started. Maybe every colored culture has an individual who has a homosexual disposition. Black, White, Yellow, Red, Brown, Tan and so forth. No Greens or Blues, that's when your sick. Or also all the colors in the flags of the world.

The part of the coincidence I am referring to is the Biblical account at Genesis when Noah first recorded a rainbow. The rainbow, as it is described in the bible, was a promise not to flood the world again by a global deluge. This promise is not what I am referring to. It is the event in which the deluge had to come, which the rainbow was a bi-product. A very contoversial subject throughout the churches is, 'who the 'sons of god' were, that are mentioned in the first part of Genesis? It has been said that these 'sons of god' were materialized spirit beings who took human females as wives. Their offspring were of a violent nature and were referred to as the demi-gods. The scriptures tell us that the angels are not to engage in sexual relations. The norm was to be single and there was no need to procreate. These angels in Genesis went after strange flesh as the NT says. Their children were out of this world, when it came to violence and the Flood had to come. The angels couldn't help themselves. They gave into their desires. The story is just the same with those fighting with a homosexual urge.

This is just an observation. I'm not bashing. (You're thinking-'stupid bible thumper!')

[edit on 30-3-2005 by lostinspace]

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join