It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Blood clot risk higher for COVID-19 patients than after vaccination: study

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 28 2021 @ 05:43 PM
link   
The study was conducted at Oxford university, one of the most esteemed scientific establishments on the planet.

The study followed 29 million people who received their first doses of either AstraZeneca or Pfizer vaccine between December, 2020 and April and also tracked about 1.7 million Covid-19 patients.

Claiming it is untrue purely on the basis that the study was reported by a mainstream media outlet is absurd beyond belief.

a reply to: HawkEyi

posted on Aug, 28 2021 @ 05:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: Allenb83
0.000014%.

All this tells me is.... There is a chance...

Dumb and dumber

posted on Aug, 28 2021 @ 05:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage

You said there was not talk of blood clotting before the vaccines.

It seems you were mistaken. There was quite a lot of talk about it.

Yes there was.

Covid Toes was the one I remember specifically. Looked horrible.

posted on Aug, 28 2021 @ 06:43 PM
link   
When I was hospitalized with Covid, I was given anticoagulant injections every few hours. Apparently that is part of the treatment protocol now. That was in April of this year. I take 162 mg of aspirin daily since I left the hospital.

posted on Aug, 28 2021 @ 06:50 PM
link   
a reply to: nonspecific

I am sure they have no conflict of interest when it comes to AZ or Pfizer.

Claiming it is untrue purely on the basis that the study was reported by a mainstream media outlet is absurd beyond belief.

Its not like they had a conflict of interest after the AZ had being suspended in many other countries for a number of growing reports of BCs in their vaxs.

edit on 28-8-2021 by HawkEyi because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 28 2021 @ 06:51 PM
link   
So blood clots were a concern with you then?

Was that because of you or was that the standard practice for everyone?

a reply to: butcherguy

posted on Aug, 28 2021 @ 06:53 PM
link   
It looks like a conflict of interest.
AstraZeneca and Oxford University announce landmark agreement for COVID-19 vaccine

AstraZeneca and the University of Oxford today announced an agreement for the global development and distribution of the University’s potential recombinant adenovirus vaccine aimed at preventing COVID-19 infection from SARS-CoV-2.

Covid: How does the Oxford-AstraZeneca vaccine work?

posted on Aug, 28 2021 @ 06:55 PM
link   
That was the reason the study was done.

So now your only evidence is that it was shared by the mainstream media and you claim there was a conflict of interest?

Still lacking some real substance as far as a decent argument against the findings goes.

Try and find some credible evidence that does not support the findings maybe?

Something that's not just your opinion.

posted on Aug, 28 2021 @ 07:00 PM
link   
In this paper, the team of authors from the University of Oxford, University of Leicester, Guys and St Thomas’ NHS Foundation Trust, the Intensive Care National Audit & Research Centre, the London School of Hygiene and Tropical Medicine, the University of Cambridge, the University of Edinburgh and the University of Nottingham, compared rates of adverse events after vaccination with Pfizer-BioNTech and Oxford-AstraZeneca vaccines with rates of the same events after a positive SARS-CoV-2 test result.

The Oxford vaccine was made by astrazenica in a not for profit capacity there's no money being made.

It also says that the other vaccines will have the same results.

So you think that they have a conflict of interest but what about all the other academic institutions that were involved in the report?

And what do they gain with no money involved and it giving the same results for the other vaccines?

posted on Aug, 28 2021 @ 07:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: nonspecific
So blood clots were a concern with you then?

Was that because of you or was that the standard practice for everyone?

a reply to: butcherguy

That is a good question, unfortunately I don't have an answer. I don't know how they were treating other patients.
I can guess that it may be standard practice, since I don't have any known blood disorders and haven't ever suffered from clots.

posted on Aug, 28 2021 @ 07:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: HawkEyi
Are they claiming that Blood clot risk higher for COVID-19 patients than after vaccination problary because there are more reports of BC in some of the vaxs? probably.

MSM never mentioned last year that you can Blood Clos from last year. Till Blood Clots started appearing in Vaxs this when the story shifted.

The news media is the biggest enemy humankind has had to face thus far.

Pick any evil figure from history you can imagine, and the mainstream media in most civilized countries is worse.

posted on Aug, 28 2021 @ 07:11 PM
link   
There's multiple examples of blood clots being a big issue with covid 19 patients from before the vaccines were even made.

Blaming the MSM to discredit anything that does not fit your own personal narrative is just weak and pointless.

a reply to: carewemust

posted on Aug, 28 2021 @ 07:17 PM
link   

Gotta have a boogeyman. Doncha know?

Freemasons, Illuminati, Democrats, Republicans.

It's all their fault. Feels good, don't it? Doesn't actually accomplish anything though.

edit on 8/28/2021 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 28 2021 @ 07:22 PM
link   
To be honest I don't know how "the msm" can even be a thing in the year 2021.

When we had TV news and newspapers I can see how it was a great tool for propaganda and influencing public opinion bit there's got to be tens of thousands of news outlets from across the globe to choose from on the internet.

That's before you even look at social media or video streaming and places like ATS.

It's not like they have the monopoly on information anymore is it.

a reply to: Phage

edit on 28/8/2021 by nonspecific because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 28 2021 @ 08:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: amazingexplorer
I don't think the chance of blood clot depends on either vaccine or covid. Neither has any mechanism to make a blood clot, unless the person already has genetic vulnerability to blood clot anyway.

Actually, both the virus and the vaccine have mechanisms to create blood clots and it probably does depend on your genetic makeup. It’s basically an autoimmune response. Your immune system detects an antigen-whether that’s the coronavirus or the vaccine—and instead of attacking the antigen, your immune system attacks some of your own cells. Some people have a genetic predisposition for that and some don’t. That’s what causes the clots. The immune response to the viral infection is much much larger than the response to the vaccine because there is much much more viral load than the amount of antigens in the vaccine. That’s why there is more blood clotting in the viral infection than with the vaccine.

Here’s the results of an Israeli study published a few days ago in which they compared the adverse outcomes of nearly 1.8 million people:

“ Safety of the BNT162b2 mRNA Covid-19 Vaccine in a Nationwide Setting”

“In the vaccination analysis, the vaccinated and control groups each included a mean of 884,828 persons. Vaccination was most strongly associated with an elevated risk of myocarditis … 2.7 events per 100,000 persons…, lymphadenopathy…. 78.4 events per 100,000 persons…appendicitis …. 5.0 events per 100,000 persons…., and herpes zoster infection …15.8 events per 100,000 persons….

SARS-CoV-2 infection was associated with a substantially increased risk of myocarditis …11.0 events per 100,000 persons…. and of additional serious adverse events, including pericarditis, arrhythmia, deep-vein thrombosis, pulmonary embolism, myocardial infarction, intracranial hemorrhage, and thrombocytopenia.”

Getting the vaccine gives you a slightly higher risk of one of these adverse effects than if you didn’t get the vaccine at all, but getting the infection gives you a substantially higher risk of getting more adverse effects. Getting the infection is worse for you than getting vaccinated.

posted on Aug, 28 2021 @ 09:30 PM
link   
Covid 19 does increase blood clots, but remember that the vast majority of people get the virus and it does not turn covid. It technically is not a lie they are telling, it is comparing the disease some people get against people who get vaccines. What...only ten percent of people who get the virus get pretty sick where they need to see a doctor. Most of them are released. That still is not covid 19, cut that in half.

Yes, the virus can cause clotting, but so can the flu. I would guess that the coronavirus is actually a little worse than the flu. But only very rarely does the flu vaccine cause clotting issues where these covid vaccines are a lot more common. Basically any time you get sore muscles it is from little bloodclots or from overusing the muscles and cutting off circulation. It can happen by pinching off the supply of blood to anywhere. if you are sore you take aspirins or something like tylenol or iboprophen which stop the platelets from sticking together and allow blood flow to resume to the area. Onions and some other chemistries also do the same thing. The soreness of this virus is common and it does need treatment. I prefer aspirin to tylenol and ibuprofin myself, but that is a personal choice.

posted on Aug, 29 2021 @ 03:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: HawkEyi
Here comes the Mainstream News Media Outlets cherrying picking the polls and the so called studies turning and making Covid into even more scarier virus then in most countries.

In some Asian countries the virus varient isnt as deadly comapred to the orginal but that isnt stopping the MSM from protecting the vaxs which are causing blood clots.

According to the cherry pick study. Covid Patients have a more of a risk of contracting blood clots from covid than the vaccines like AstraZeneca or Pfizer shots.

Dispute the so many reports of people and paitents who had reported more blood clots after receiving AstraZeneca. This is the MSM cheery picking studies for their narrative like how they did with the poll claiming that the majority of people in every country support vax mandates and vax passports.

These kind of studies arent any different its nothing more then cherry picking.

Blood clot risk higher for COVID-19 patients than after vaccination: study

Here are the headlines cherry picking the title for their narrative.
Contracting COVID-19 increases risk of rare blood clots more than getting vaccine, study shows

Here is the narrative from other stories.

80% of Canadians support COVID-19 vaccine passports for travel: poll

Poll shows majority of Canadians support barring unvaccinated from public gatherings

Poll finds most Canadians support vaccine passports Post navigation < > 67 per cent of respondents favour proof of vaccination for non-essential services

Remember last year?

Can farts spread COVID-19? This Australian researcher claims so!

Now they are claiming that that Contracting COVID-19 increases risk of rare blood clots more then vaccination. Yet there are more reports of BC after vaccination so why are they doing these kind of stories?

Fear Mongering.

I've been in the hospital since Monday, my docs all thought I had Covid for sure because I had clots behind both knees.

After getting my lower brain stem swabbed twice it's determined I do not have Covid.

Parapneumonic effusion is what they call it. And they had no specific antibodies for it so they flipped a coin I guess, I'm on a steroid, Eliquis, Mucinex, and breathing treatments.

And there's been no talk of a vaccine going in my body because they said the vaccine can create clots just like the virus... I wonder why derp derp...

Sometimes a flu shot gives a person the FLU...wonder if MSM is aware of how all things medical really work or if they just have on those med pundits that parrot their shullbit narrative.

posted on Aug, 29 2021 @ 03:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse
Covid 19 does increase blood clots, but remember that the vast majority of people get the virus and it does not turn covid. It technically is not a lie they are telling, it is comparing the disease some people get against people who get vaccines. What...only ten percent of people who get the virus get pretty sick where they need to see a doctor. Most of them are released. That still is not covid 19, cut that in half.

Yes, the virus can cause clotting, but so can the flu. I would guess that the coronavirus is actually a little worse than the flu. But only very rarely does the flu vaccine cause clotting issues where these covid vaccines are a lot more common. Basically any time you get sore muscles it is from little bloodclots or from overusing the muscles and cutting off circulation. It can happen by pinching off the supply of blood to anywhere. if you are sore you take aspirins or something like tylenol or iboprophen which stop the platelets from sticking together and allow blood flow to resume to the area. Onions and some other chemistries also do the same thing. The soreness of this virus is common and it does need treatment. I prefer aspirin to tylenol and ibuprofin myself, but that is a personal choice.

Supposedly Covid varies per person just like any other virus. I've been talking to nurses and docs all week, some people get Covid and keep on trucking, never experiencing anything but what felt like a cold, while others get their asses handed to them.

There's a reason there's so many different aspirins and pain relievers and cough syrups and heartburn and allergy medicines, our bodies are different because we eat different, exercise different, sleep different, stress different yadi yadi yadi, it's all relative yet very separative.

So to ever think one or ten vaccines would ever be enough to combat a certain virus that is capable to mutate is asinine, it's like locking a thousand people in a stadium with a thousand lions and throwing out a thousand guns but only half have ammo.....someone will die.

Poor analogy I'm sure but it is almost 4:30am and I'm slouched in an uncomfortable electric bed.

posted on Aug, 29 2021 @ 03:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: Phage

Gotta have a boogeyman. Doncha know?

Freemasons, Illuminati, Democrats, Republicans.

It's all their fault. Feels good, don't it? Doesn't actually accomplish anything though.

And that's the point, I guess, keep the masses confused and finger pointing at multiple scapegoats.

Shiny keys in front of an infant.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join