It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How Afghanistan should have been handled .

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 19 2021 @ 08:26 PM
link   
Ok guys I’m gonna take a crack at how to solve our disaster in Afghanistan from a Militaristic point of view, FYI this should have been done by the Pentagon four days ago now it could be to late.

I’m hoping some experts will chime in to Criticize and Critique .

So watching the MSM earlier I almost vomited when they said we are relying on the Taliban to provide safe passage for the Americans still in Afghanistan of which most are in Kabul . This could turn out to cost more American lives than 9/11 , let us hope to God there are some smart people negotiating with the Taliban . I digress.

Now the first thing I would do is call up whichever Ranger battalion is currently on standby, Of the 4 Ranger Battalions one is always on a recall to be wheeled up anywhere inside of 48hrs . Then get two Marine infantry brigades mobilized. I'm not sure how quickly Marines can mobilize. I was in the Army but I’m betting it's inside of 3 days . At the same time start mobilizing elements of the Armies 127th airborne Brigade in Italy , and get a Naval carrier group into the Gulf of Oman if there's not already one in the Gulf .

Phase one take Bagram Airbase back , Drop Seal and Army SF elements into and outside of Bagram to neutralize all heavy artillery and anti aircraft emplacements , Simultaneously static line drop a Ranger Battalion into Bagram to seize and secure the Airfield . Have C130 spectre gunships flying a crisscross lateral figure 8 pattern over bagram to ensure complete aircover . Once the airfield is Secured start landing the one of the two Marine Infantry brigades via C-17s or C-130’s.

At the same time in Kabul begin static line dropping elements of the 127th Airborne directly onto the Airport to seize and secure. Now I know this is not the 127th speciality but I figure they would be quicker to get there then calling up another Ranger battalion to do it but perhaps I’m wrong . Once they secure the Airport , Begin landing the other Marine Infantry Brigade to completely encircle the Airport .

The first Marine Brigade will then move out from Bagram to Kabul either by land or Air whichever is more feasible given the circumstance , This Marine Brigade under the cover of C130 Gunships will make their way to Kabul and encircle the outskirts of the city . The Naval carrier group would provide further airsupport from the gulf to fend off any approaching Taliban offensive to the city . The goal would not be to capture Kabul but to simply provide safe passage for all Americans left in the City to the Airport. Once all Americans and Afghani’s promised safe passage were out of the city , then the Marine Brigade outside of Kabul would make there way back to Bagram to maintain a permanent Garrison and establish the base to working order.

The Army and Marine Elements still inside the Airport would begin being airlifted out under the cover of Drone or C130 gunships . Admittedly the full evacuation of the military units inside the airport could get messy but it is what it is at least they can shoot back .

But who knows maybe there is a diplomatic solution

posted on Aug, 19 2021 @ 08:32 PM
link   
a reply to: asabuvsobelow

From reports on the ground, The Brits are sending out troops to retrieve their citizens and the Americans are fighting with them about it, trying to get them to stop.

It is clear that our current "leaders" do not want to and are trying to prevent others from doing so because they have cut a deal with the Taliban and actually think that will be effective.

Yahoo kind of picked up the story.

Pentagon pressed on why British paratroopers leaving Kabul airport to rescue citizens but Americans aren't

www.yahoo.com...

The Pentagon was pressed Thursday to explain why the U.S. isn't rescuing Americans outside of the Kabul airport as the British are doing for their citizens.

At a press briefing, Fox News' Jennifer Griffin said: "General Taylor, British paratroopers are leaving the airport, going into Kabul to rescue and evacuate some of their citizens who are trapped [and] can't get to the airport because of the Taliban."

"Why isn't the U.S. doing that?" she asked.

Afghanistan: Pentagon rebuffs question on why UK are doing more to rescue citizens than US

www.independent.co.uk...

edit on 19-8-2021 by infolurker because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 19 2021 @ 08:42 PM
link   
All I know is seeing some Afghanis climb up flagpoles and replace the Taliban flag with the Afghani One and seeing Afghani women march against the Taliban makes me think its gonna get hot in Kabul and elsewhere in that region

posted on Aug, 19 2021 @ 08:48 PM
link   

I don't find much wrong with your plan at all.
What IS wrong, and please do not let this be a slight against your well thought out logical plan.....it is NOT....

The problem is...Milley Cyrus and the Pentagon have spent all their time retraining our military on CRT and vaccinations. They are not mission ready, IMO, or at the level they should be. On top of that, they simply don't give a sh*t about doing the right thing in any of this and the administration is holding them back I believe. Even with current deployments - how much do you want to bet that they have been told to stand down. There should not be any negotiation with the taliban. Zero. They should be shot on site, as they are a terrorist organization who are engaging in terrorist activity as all of us breathe right now.

Just my .02 on the situation. I think your analysis of what should be done is good.
edit on 2021 by shaemac because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 19 2021 @ 09:24 PM
link   
Fox news, Sean Hannity reported 0ne hours ago, that the Taliban have circled Kabul airport and pushing people to the ground before they get close to an entrance gate.

Talisman are not making any promises.

I saw on TV a Taliban holding one of those U.S. surface to air heat seeking missile.....forgot nomenclature....

posted on Aug, 19 2021 @ 09:25 PM
link   

Sounds good to me however I'd like to add something. Once we get all the Americans out including military we should bomb and missile all of our equipment we left and while we are at it strategic bomb the piss out of the Taliban leadership for good measure.

posted on Aug, 19 2021 @ 09:33 PM
link   
Historically? There are only a few reasons, "to go to war".

1. Punitive.
2. Conquer.

("Soldiering" is a very simple occupation. But it does take skill and a "highly trained", "Neanderthal mind" to execute properly.)

The average "master in bussiness degree" or LGBTQ "Lesbian dance science, art degree", doesn't make a good "leader of troops".

A'stan should've been. Handled "RIGHT" after 9/11 right off ...

Number 1. Punitive? ... Send in U.S. Army SOF, maybe some 82nd and 101 guys alongside "Air Force" to kill B.L. in whatever cave he was hiding in. Throw in a few "U.S. Marines" just to break stuff for distraction, and so "Marines" wouldn't feel left out. They should've made it a "hunting trip". Not a "Nation building", (that is number 2). It wasn't a "Nation" to begin with, it was lines, drawn on a map.

The U.S.A. should have went in, found and killed B.L. ...kicked a few puppies, children and kittens on the way out. leave a business card and a note saying,... "Don't make us come back".

Number 2. Conquer?... If you ain't got what it takes, to do number one? You have no business going "to war" or doing any kind of "nation building".

posted on Aug, 19 2021 @ 09:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: murphy22
Historically? There are only a few reasons, "to go to war".

1. Punitive.
2. Conquer.

("Soldiering" is a very simple occupation. But it does take skill and a "highly trained", "Neanderthal mind" to execute properly.)

The average "master in bussiness degree" or LGBTQ "Lesbian dance science, art degree", doesn't make a good "leader of troops".

A'stan should've been. Handled "RIGHT" after 9/11 right off ...

Number 1. Punitive? ... Send in U.S. Army SOF, maybe some 82nd and 101 guys alongside "Air Force" to kill B.L. in whatever cave he was hiding in. Throw in a few "U.S. Marines" just to break stuff for distraction, and so "Marines" wouldn't feel left out. They should've made it a "hunting trip". Not a "Nation building", (that is number 2). It wasn't a "Nation" to begin with, it was lines, drawn on a map.

The U.S.A. should have went in, found and killed B.L. ...kicked a few puppies, children and kittens on the way out. leave a business card and a note saying,... "Don't make us come back".

Number 2. Conquer?... If you ain't got what it takes, to do number one? You have no business going "to war" or doing any kind of "nation building".

I see and understand your points.

But mate how does this apply to solving our current problem , the past is the past.

posted on Aug, 19 2021 @ 09:52 PM
link   
We need Godzilla

posted on Aug, 19 2021 @ 10:07 PM
link   

I do not see a "problem", that I would call, "my problem". I have been "there". For other "people's problems". But I was just,... "doing my duty". I honestly, don't have problems, now.

How does "this apply"?

You/we, have "Afghanistan Civilians", holding on "for dear life", (Oh the horror!). ..willing to die in the wheelwell of an aircraft, trying to escape/flee, their "country/nation".

But not one of them died? With "the/their enemy", in their teeth?

You got a lot to learn, "mate"...

posted on Aug, 19 2021 @ 10:20 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 19 2021 @ 10:40 PM
link   
Id like to add something in same issue but not in afganistan.

the US has a very shoddy/inconsistent history of getting "americans" out of countries when SHTF.

well to be honest if very rich, powerful or government they seem very good.

a personal story (and apologize in advance for some lack of specifics due to how long ago it was).

my parents in the 90s were vacationing in the Caribbean islands.

a tropical storm then turned into hurricane hit the island.

they (as all foreign tourists) were told to "stay at the hotel (now called shelter in place), get whatever food available from them to take to room and fill the bathtub with water in case lose water (it happened BTW).

well the worst did happen and people had to be evacuated out.

the other countries send aircraft and some sent military to evacuate their citizens .
USA... well the best you could say was dragging their feet.. worst americans were very low priority

the dutch send military transports for their people and my mom (has some medical issues) was able to get on one for humanitarian reasons .

after all the other nations people were evacuated THEN they helped the americans left (some never did btw)

the american response was in honest language a cluster Floop...

sadly this is no different.

hell as someone here showed the BRITISH are sending military forces to get them and to hell with the taliban.. sadly the americans (biden) are trying to stop them
WTF

just a personal account.

scrounger

posted on Aug, 19 2021 @ 10:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22

hey for a practical reason would be a good idea

we need to test some nukes to see if still viable
could use it to test some new smaller tactical or strategic warhead design
could use some that are very old and save the risks involved with deconstructing them

win win win?

ok for those "silly crybabies" who hate nukes

then why not use this as opportunity to get rid of our very old bombs, missiles, and explosives of all types from WWI WWII and 60s..

clean out the ordinance fridge for fresh boom boom produce

scrounger

posted on Aug, 19 2021 @ 11:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: murphy22

I do not see a "problem", that I would call, "my problem". I have been "there". For other "people's problems". But I was just,... "doing my duty". I honestly, don't have problems, now.

How does "this apply"?

You/we, have "Afghanistan Civilians", holding on "for dear life", (Oh the horror!). ..willing to die in the wheelwell of an aircraft, trying to escape/flee, their "country/nation".

But not one of them died? With "the/their enemy", in their teeth?

You got a lot to learn, "mate"...

Why are you quoting everything ?

and why are you using two words when one would do mate ?

Your writing style is making it very hard to articulate what your saying .

posted on Aug, 19 2021 @ 11:18 PM
link   

while we are at it strategic bomb the piss out of the Taliban leadership for good measure.
a reply to: Alien Abduct

I agree 100% , I should have thought of that.

posted on Aug, 19 2021 @ 11:22 PM
link   
a reply to: scrounger

The only thing about being an "American"?
Is what "YOU" pay "taxes" for. .... 'They" make it a "law"!
Hold them, "to/their law''!

posted on Aug, 19 2021 @ 11:41 PM
link   

Probably a "comprehension" problem, on your part, .."mate"!

I hope, I didn't confuse you with "punctuation", and all that "educated" stuff!..

Most any 'idiot'', would understand what I wrote.

I write, very "simple", .... like, The U.S. .. C.O.T.U.S.! ... It doesn't take a "lawyer" to understand "The Law", or writing.

edit on 19-8-2021 by murphy22 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 20 2021 @ 12:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: putnam6
All I know is seeing some Afghanis climb up flagpoles and replace the Taliban flag

Under penalty of beheading for their entire family.

Impressive.

Heroic.

Non violent protest in a place where none is tolerated.

Yet MSM, democrats, and many of their brainwashed on ATS are still trying to convince people that Afghanis actually WANT the taliban in charge.

In effort to defend what joe just did.

Absurd.

They aren't having much luck with that narrative.

And appear a little surprised by it's ineffectiveness.

It's a start.

posted on Aug, 20 2021 @ 02:41 AM
link   
The talibans motivations are so different then what people take account for. Arm chair discussing what is happening don't mean an awful lot. Does anyone really know what they "officially" plan to do now that slow joe accepts they took office?

I know I sure as * don't but would like to.

I don't want to hear about what they already do do I want to know what they want to achieve in the long term besides the arm chair BS like convert islam or kill whitey or what ever.

posted on Aug, 20 2021 @ 02:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: Brotherman
The talibans motivations are so different then what people take account for. Arm chair discussing what is happening don't mean an awful lot. Does anyone really know what they "officially" plan to do now that slow joe accepts they took office?

I know I sure as * don't but would like to.

I don't want to hear about what they already do do I want to know what they want to achieve in the long term besides the arm chair BS like convert islam or kill whitey or what ever.

I doubt if even the taliban themselves know with certainty.

But what they just gained the ability to do is pretty frightening.

Thank you democrats

Was getting rid of the mean tweets worth it?

I know of 86,000 Americans that would disagree.

Once they escape the taliban's raping and beheading spree.

<<   2  3 >>

join