It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How to understand how Facebook works and is fair or not fair to its members

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 1 2021 @ 08:56 PM
link   
I'm not really into Facebook as a means to vent out any social injustice. I have a few interest, like biking, camping , traveling and music so I don't come across what really is the other side of Facebook.

I just came across this video and it truly saddens what Americans are doing to each other. I've been saying this : FEAR and you all know by now what that means. This new stuff now on Facebook and peoples way of getting the word out is getting out of control. Or I should say, not getting to the American people.

edit on 0800000003582021-08-01T20:58:03-05:00580308pm8 by musicismagic because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 1 2021 @ 09:13 PM
link   
a reply to: musicismagic

Stop using FB. There are other platforms that honor free speech. Yes it sucks having to establish something new but it sucks more getting banned for petty nonsense constantly.

posted on Aug, 1 2021 @ 09:16 PM
link   

Wow this is incredibly interesting, how the police now is been censored by nothing more than full of liberal social media. I am flabbergasted, scratching my head.

Social media companies are out of control, full of crap and in need of censorship themselves.

posted on Aug, 1 2021 @ 09:31 PM
link   

We've given tech companies too much power.

posted on Aug, 1 2021 @ 10:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: Stupidsecrets

Stop using FB. There are other platforms that honor free speech. Yes it sucks having to establish something new but it sucks more getting banned for petty nonsense constantly.

There are not enough people who use other platforms and those other platforms are super glitchy and suck all around. There is not one alternative to FB that operates as close to FB and as smooth as it does. I have joined them all, mostly just to reserve my name.....and they are all dead.

posted on Aug, 1 2021 @ 10:46 PM
link   

Facebook has free speach, they have never sent me a bill for posting there and I have only been told to watch it once and only had one post removed in the couple of years I have been on it. I tend to talk non-politics and never say much about medical stuff on there.

posted on Aug, 1 2021 @ 10:51 PM
link   
a reply to: Stupidsecrets

Stop using FB. There are other platforms that honor free speech

It's interesting how many people don't even consider this↑ option as being a viable possibility.

Like the guy in the video starting @01:05 "We have reached out to Facebook, and they have given us no indications. If they don't tell us why they're blocking something, how are we supposed to keep from getting blocked in the future?"

Don't want them to block you in the future? Don't post there.
Voila!! 100% effective method to prevent getting blocked in the future.

posted on Aug, 1 2021 @ 11:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: shaemac

There are not enough people who use other platforms and those other platforms are super glitchy and suck all around. There is not one alternative to FB that operates as close to FB and as smooth as it does. I have joined them all, mostly just to reserve my name.....and they are all dead.

I'm not arguing with you. As I said it does sucks but it will not get better unless people commit to other options. FB was not built in a day so demanding it work on that level is nonsense. Years ago, I hated my job but I did something about it. I took a much lower paying job. It was brutal, really a leap of courage but eventually I ended up making more than I ever dreamed of making but it took years and I actually loved the job. Amazing how that works out. Giving up something because the current situation is a dead end. FB will onlly get WORSE never BETTER.

posted on Aug, 2 2021 @ 12:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: musicismagic
I'm not really into Facebook as a means to vent out any social injustice. I have a few interest, like biking, camping , traveling and music so I don't come across what really is the other side of Facebook.

I just came across this video and it truly saddens what Americans are doing to each other. I've been saying this : FEAR and you all know by now what that means. This new stuff now on Facebook and peoples way of getting the word out is getting out of control. Or I should say, not getting to the American people.

You are NOT a Facebook member. You are Facebook PRODUCT… the sooner people understand that it should be clear to them whether they will like to submit to that type of company (ies)

posted on Aug, 2 2021 @ 02:38 AM
link   
Removed by staff
edit on 12/21/2021 by semperfortis because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 2 2021 @ 11:59 PM
link   

Who in their right mind would want their face borked, anyway? You'd have to be a bit of a twit!

posted on Aug, 19 2021 @ 08:28 AM
link   
I am also a member of few FB groups in my area. I think such groups must exist by default.

posted on Aug, 21 2021 @ 05:47 AM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Dec, 20 2021 @ 10:35 AM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

join