It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Took an anti-gunner shooting today

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+6 more 
posted on Jul, 15 2021 @ 02:02 PM
link   
I learned one of my oldest daughter's friends was a staunch anti-gunner. Further, she had never even fired one before. So I extended an invitation to come out on the property and shoot some of my guns. From the .22 lr Sig Mosquito, 12 GA Benelli M4 and AR-15 w/ RDIAS all the way to .450 Bushmaster and .50 BMG Armalite

After spending about an hour going over basic safety and letting her handle/manipulate the weapons unloaded, we hit the range.

She nailed it!

Highly recommend giving folks the chance to experience shooting. Especially those who are dead set against guns. My daughter already told me she wants to come back and shoot again

posted on Jul, 15 2021 @ 02:06 PM
link   
a reply to: JBurns

Good job, keep building that Conservative base!

posted on Jul, 15 2021 @ 02:09 PM
link   

My nephew has taken run of the mill Brits (non-elite types) to the range to shoot when they flew over to visit. You should have seen the huge smiles on their faces when they got to fire a Garand and a PPSh. They had a ball.

posted on Jul, 15 2021 @ 02:11 PM
link   
Smart move. Start them on BB or pellet guns if they're really timid. Once you get the shooting bug there is no substitute. Some of my fondest memories were of shooting flies with a Daisy Red Ryder. Doing that at 10 feet is a great feeling for an 8 year old.

posted on Jul, 15 2021 @ 02:16 PM
link   

Can't have guns where I'm from but for some reason crossbows aren't a problem.

Had my trusty Crisbow Cheetah mark 4 forever.

(pic not mine, I have a black one)

Recently decided to go for the Ravin R29X.

edit on 15-7-2021 by keukendeur because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 15 2021 @ 02:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: LSU2018

Why does it have to be a conservative shift?, I don't consider myself conservative overall, but agree with some of the ideology. I think the issue is better served by the person staying in their loop and expressing to others in their loop that it was fun, not so scary.

I dunno, just my thought.

posted on Jul, 15 2021 @ 02:24 PM
link   
a reply to: vonclod

I love stuff that goes bang but recently I learned on ATS that I support Mao and Stalin...go figure

posted on Jul, 15 2021 @ 02:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: keukendeur

Can't have guns where I'm from but for some reason crossbows aren't a problem.

Had my trusty Crisbow Cheetah mark 4 forever.

(pic not mine, I have a black one)

Recently decided to go for the Ravin R29X.

Nice!
You might want to check out some air bows, Umarex Air Sabre as an example. 480 fps, 175 ft lbs energy. You could hunt big game with it, and pretty easy to own, insofar as restrictions..in most places. You do need to get a scba tank to fill it, or buy a compressor..they go for 250, and up to 1500.

posted on Jul, 15 2021 @ 02:28 PM
link   

I love stuff that goes bang but recently I learned on ATS that I support Mao and Stalin...go figure

Ha, me too, I have lots of airguns, can shoot those in my yard..within reason. The real deals are a bit more difficult here, at the range is about the only place to shoot those.

posted on Jul, 15 2021 @ 02:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: vonclod

Why does it have to be a conservative shift?, I don't consider myself conservative overall, but agree with some of the ideology. I think the issue is better served by the person staying in their loop and expressing to others in their loop that it was fun, not so scary.

I dunno, just my thought.

Because the stereotype is that the left hate guns (which they do) and the right love guns (which they do). In that logic, when a lefty realizes that guns aren't gonna turn around and shoot its shooter, they take their first step in learning that the democrats they've been listening to for so long were just filling them with a false sense of fear.

posted on Jul, 15 2021 @ 02:32 PM
link   

I would have to check whether those airguns are allowed in the Netherlands but they are sweet!!

I recently moved back to the country side and I finally have some room to take up this old hobby.

posted on Jul, 15 2021 @ 02:33 PM
link   

But you can't have stuff that goes bang, right? We can, and it's always the lefties that squeal and hiss when they see a gun.

posted on Jul, 15 2021 @ 02:35 PM
link   

Ha, me too, I have lots of airguns, can shoot those in my yard..within reason. The real deals are a bit more difficult here, at the range is about the only place to shoot those.

That sucks. Where I'm from, we can step in our back yards and shoot pistols or high powered rifles. No range necessary.

posted on Jul, 15 2021 @ 02:35 PM
link   
a reply to: LSU2018

Yeah stereotypes...some people are really guided by that.

Personally I don't have a problem with guns, it's shooting people I have a problem with.

posted on Jul, 15 2021 @ 02:36 PM
link   
I hear ya, but I still think better served to change minds on that team, rather than switch teams per se..I doubt a person changes their whole ideology is all. Oh, and I think stereotypes are sh#t!!

posted on Jul, 15 2021 @ 02:37 PM
link   

Yeah stereotypes...some people are really guided by that.

Personally I don't have a problem with guns, it's shooting people I have a problem with.

A most common occurrence in a heavily restricted "gun-free" zone.

posted on Jul, 15 2021 @ 02:38 PM
link   

That sucks. Where I'm from, we can step in our back yards and shoot pistols or high powered rifles. No range necessary.

If I was in the US, that would be me..I would enjoy the right to do so.

posted on Jul, 15 2021 @ 02:47 PM
link   

I hear ya, but I still think better served to change minds on that team, rather than switch teams per se..I doubt a person changes their whole ideology is all. Oh, and I think stereotypes are sh#t!!

I agree, stereotypes ARE sh!t, but what's good for the goose is good for the gander. I'm a white man, therefore I'm a white supremacist racist homophobic woman hating redneck who lives in a beat up single wide trailer in the woods and drive a beat up '82 Chevy 4x4 equipped with a Confederate Flag that stretches out and punches black people when they walk past. Until that retardation stops, I'll continue to gander like the rest of the geese.

The white man stereotype doesn't bother me since I live in a nice house on some nice land and drive a 2021 rear wheel drive truck, so I'd assume that those who don't fit the other stereotypes will chuckle and look past them as I do. You know how the old saying goes... If the shoe fits.

posted on Jul, 15 2021 @ 02:54 PM
link   
a reply to: keukendeur

BEAUTIFUL crossbow! What a tank too. Getting hit by one of those bolts is not something I care to experience

Amazing how some folks would see the Crossbow or archery in general as less dangerous than firearms. When they are *perfectly* capable of inflicting fatal injuries

Plus, some of the tips I have seen... Oh man. They are scary to look at, sort of like the barbs on a quill only razor sharp

posted on Jul, 15 2021 @ 02:57 PM
link   

I tend to agree, not sure where she stands politically we didn't really discuss it. But the way I see it there is one less person making a judgement call from a position of ignorance

If she continues to advocate for gun control that is her prerogative, but at least she understands what it is exactly they are all talking about

Hope to see more folks get involved with shooting, I don't care where they stand politically or ideologically just feels nice to share something near & dear to my heart with others

Who knows, maybe enough folks from their side of the aisle will see how much fun it really is. And not to mention the sense of empowerment that comes with not having to rely on others to *decide* not to attack you randomly. You now have the capability and (hopefully) the skillset to put a stop to it all on your own

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join