It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

FOX NEWS: We Report, You Decide

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 25 2005 @ 02:07 PM
link   
I'm really sick of all this complaining about FOX, if you don't like it, don't watch it. Stop trying to censor my favorite source for news and information.

posted on Mar, 25 2005 @ 02:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by djohnsto77
I'm really sick of all this complaining about FOX, if you don't like it, don't watch it. Stop trying to censor my favorite source for news and information.

How is this censorship? I think a nerve has been touched.

posted on Mar, 25 2005 @ 02:10 PM
link   

Ahh, but DJ, your news program doesn't follow the liberal and anti-American talking points all American media outlets are supposed to follow, and FoxNews doesn't have to clear it's material with the great Soros, who knows all that is good for America. If you don't watch the right news stations, you may form your own opinion, instead of the one they want you to have. Any right leaning media has to go, because it threatens the indoctrination of America!
Sheesh, duh!

posted on Mar, 25 2005 @ 02:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by intrepid

I haven't read this entire thread, but I have seen calls to shutdown FOX on other ATS threads and elsewhere. I do call that censorship.

Edit:

During the Republican convention here in NY, liberal protestors held what they called a "shutupathon" outside FOX telling them to shut up and get off the air.

[edit on 3/25/2005 by djohnsto77]

posted on Mar, 25 2005 @ 02:14 PM
link   

I haven't read this entire thread, but I have seen calls to shutdown FOX on other ATS threads and elsewhere. I do call that censorship.

Maybe you should read a thread before posting to it. The author also pointed out the that bias exists that on CNN,CBS,etc.

If you just want to be told what you want to hear, that's sad. this seems apt.

posted on Mar, 25 2005 @ 02:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Souljah

I think that Fox News gets much more thatn talking points from the Republican part; Fox seems to me more a speakbox of the Republican party, a pure and utter pro-patriot, pro-american, pro-republican, pro-war, anti-liberal tv station. Now that does not sound too objective to me for a NEWS station.

Yes, sure Democratic party has their own money in CBS and other liberal networks, but I think that Fox has much bigger and much scarier background story than any other networks. But thats just my opinion.

I think were going to have to agree to disagree.

In my opinion Fox news is no more corrupt, and no less corrupt than any other major news network. Fox has their crazies and so do the others (Chris Matthews, Dan Rather).

I didn’t come here to be a Republican, I just saw a bunch of ppl bashing one network when the others are just as evil! Everyone needs some checks and balances (liberals included).

posted on Mar, 25 2005 @ 02:15 PM
link   
It's not censorship, it's protecting the group consciousness. A few professors have decided what America needs to do. Since they're the most brilliant people in the world, they should decide what America gets to hear. It is simply protecting you from getting foolish political ideas that Fox News and most talk radio needs to be shut down. Otherwise, you may >gasp< support some conservative concepts!

posted on Mar, 25 2005 @ 02:15 PM
link   

Hey, I DONT watch it, dont worry, because I cant catch it anyway.

I am not censoring your favorite source by any means, I am just trying to show you how totally disinformed you are.

No offence, just my opinion.

posted on Mar, 25 2005 @ 02:18 PM
link   

I am not censoring your favorite source by any means, I am just trying to show you how totally disinformed you are.

I suppose that knife could cut both ways, though...From some of the sources you've used in the past on your threads, I would say you are totally disinformed, as well. Any time you only research one take on a bias, be it left, right, religous, athiest, union, corporate, etc., you delude yourself because they write in a biased manner.

posted on Mar, 25 2005 @ 02:21 PM
link   

OK, I do find this rich. So you can't watch FOX yet you're commenting on it and telling me I'm disinformed by watching it? How can you make that determination if you can't see it for yourself?

posted on Mar, 25 2005 @ 02:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by junglejake

I suppose that knife could cut both ways, though...From some of the sources you've used in the past on your threads, I would say you are totally disinformed, as well. Any time you only research one take on a bias, be it left, right, religous, athiest, union, corporate, etc., you delude yourself because they write in a biased manner.

I've been following this thread and have found it to unbiases, with the exception of the title. Let's keep the bias out of it, we may learn something.

posted on Mar, 25 2005 @ 02:22 PM
link   
I see Media Brainwashing works very well
Maybe we could all get along if we all stopped watching network/cable news altogether

Although there is no political motivation in starting this thread it would seem that some are taking it in that direction. I will just post this link www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Mar, 25 2005 @ 02:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hlodde
I think were going to have to agree to disagree.

In my opinion Fox news is no more corrupt, and no less corrupt than any other major news network. Fox has their crazies and so do the others (Chris Matthews, Dan Rather).

I didn’t come here to be a Republican, I just saw a bunch of ppl bashing one network when the others are just as evil! Everyone needs some checks and balances (liberals included).

I think we are Really going have to Agree2Disagree.

I think that Fox is a propaganda machine of the Republican party, and I see at this point we have disagree.

But I agree that everybody has their own crazies, just like any other.

I was waiting for somebody like you to come and defend the other position, to hear their point of view, to hear their story.

One more question:

Are You Republican?

posted on Mar, 25 2005 @ 02:27 PM
link   

I've been following this thread and have found it to unbiases, with the exception of the title. Let's keep the bias out of it, we may learn something.

Learn what, that Fox is biased? If you don't know that, you've deluded yourself completely and this thread isn't going to fix that. Fox News is biased, as is every media outlet I have ever read. Some, like Fox News and NPR, are more blatant than others, but I think part of the reason Fox seems so obvious in its bias is because its bias is opposite of the television media "norm" of a slight left leaning.

posted on Mar, 25 2005 @ 02:30 PM
link   

I agree that this sword cuts both ways.

But there is a diffrence between you and me. You WONT check those sources and you wont get to see what "the other side" has to say. And I will.

I know you find news on aljazeera.net very biased and full of anti american propaganda, but its not true.

I belive I have hurt your nerve, you being a republican, for bashing Fox News, a Republican propaganda machine at its best.

posted on Mar, 25 2005 @ 02:31 PM
link   

Learn what, that Fox is biased? If you don't know that, you've deluded yourself completely and this thread isn't going to fix that. Fox News is biased, as is every media outlet I have ever read. Some, like Fox News and NPR, are more blatant than others, but I think part of the reason Fox seems so obvious in its bias is because its bias is opposite of the television media "norm" of a slight left leaning.

Well instead of pointing out the obvious why not provide an alternative.

posted on Mar, 25 2005 @ 02:33 PM
link   

Are You Republican?

I was a Republican as a young man. I graduated as finance major. I still am very conservative in regards to economic issues. I’m coming around quite a bit on some social issues.

I’m probably going into a bit more detail than needed but after living life and actually seeing that maybe survival of the fittest isn’t always the answer, that some people in life do need quite a bit of help ( I have an autistic child), some liberal social agenda’s fit nicely in my belief system.

But the short answer is no I am not a Republican.

posted on Mar, 25 2005 @ 02:39 PM
link   

OK, I do find this rich. So you can't watch FOX yet you're commenting on it and telling me I'm disinformed by watching it? How can you make that determination if you can't see it for yourself?

So, you want to tell me, that by NOT watching FOX NEWS I cant comment about it?

I saw reports and I saw few minutes of documentary OutFoxed, which you should see too! You should watch it, and see what kind of information you were getting: tottaly wrong. Fox News sometimes equals the level of propaganda dissinformation of the notorious Iraqi Information Minister. Rememeber him?

posted on Mar, 25 2005 @ 02:41 PM
link   
There are no real "alternatives."
All media sources virtually push an agenda and are leaning in one direction of another.
International media sources are no different.
Blogs offering news are no different.
Very few, if any at all, have no bias.
ATSNN is not excempt from this either.

seekerof

posted on Mar, 25 2005 @ 02:49 PM
link   

Fox is biased to the extreme!

They have shown a VERY ONE SIDED point of view numerous times.

They have not admitted none of their mistakes. Not Ever.

Even when White House claimed there are no weapons of mass destruction, Fox News still finds some.

You say every media is biased and nothing is going to fix that. You are right.

And we are not going to fix that Fox News will continute to be a pro-republican, pro-war so-called tv news channel for a long time. Well at least until G.W.Bush is in control of the United States of America. And with Fox News as the messenger of the Republican party, Fox News is also Bush Propaganda Machine No.1.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join