It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

FOX NEWS: We Report, You Decide

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 25 2005 @ 03:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Souljah

They have shown a VERY ONE SIDED point of view numerous times.

They have not admitted none of their mistakes. Not Ever.

Even when White House claimed there are no weapons of mass destruction, Fox News still finds some.

You say every media is biased and nothing is going to fix that. You are right.

And we are not going to fix that Fox News will continute to be a pro-republican, pro-war so-called tv news channel for a long time. Well at least until G.W.Bush is in control of the United States of America. And with Fox News as the messenger of the Republican party, Fox News is also Bush Propaganda Machine No.1.

Souljah

That is a bit extreme in itself isn't it?

If bush has one propaganda machine, then Clinton had 4-5 going for him. It really does go both ways!

posted on Mar, 25 2005 @ 03:03 PM
link   
And the Divide continues.

*shakes head*

posted on Mar, 25 2005 @ 03:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hlodde
Souljah

That is a bit extreme in itself isn't it?

If bush has one propaganda machine, then Clinton had 4-5 going for him. It really does go both ways!

Yea, because Fox is so effective he needs only one,

while Clinton needs 4-5 to match their efforts!

posted on Mar, 25 2005 @ 03:10 PM
link   
I see this is turning into a he said/she said thread. Do we really need another of those?

posted on Mar, 25 2005 @ 03:14 PM
link   

...with Fox News as the messenger of the Republican party, Fox News is also Bush Propaganda Machine No.1.

Well, this is where we completely disagree. Fox News has a conservative bias, yes. However, this doesn't make them tools of the Republican party. It means they have a different spin on things compared to the left wing media. I mean, because NPR has a left leaning, does that mean they are just a speaking podium for the democrats? Nope.

As to me refusing to look into those other media outlets, I do. I prefer to get a balance of bias so I can draw my own conclusions rather than letting a talented writer decide my opinion for me. I consistantly read Al'Jazeera and yes, they are anti-American. Have you gotten an arabic translator to translate their arabic version of their site? A lot different than the english version.

posted on Mar, 25 2005 @ 03:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by intrepid
I see this is turning into a he said/she said thread. Do we really need another of those?

I agree with you.

And I also agree with and like one of your signatures, related to this thread discussion:

Never attempt to teach a person that refuses to learn.

posted on Mar, 25 2005 @ 03:19 PM
link   

Ahh, but then, does it mean a person refuses to learn if they still disagree with you after you present your case to them?

link   

I agree with you.

And I also agree with and like one of your signatures, related to this thread discussion:

Thank you. I also think another line in my signiture is also applicable:

The first beliefs you should challenge are your own.

link   

Does anyone else see any irony with the above statement?

posted on Mar, 25 2005 @ 03:20 PM
link   
I'm sorry that was a personal jab, and uncalled for. I shouldn't have hit "post reply"

Again I'm sorry!

posted on Mar, 25 2005 @ 03:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by junglejake
Well, this is where we completely disagree. Fox News has a conservative bias, yes. However, this doesn't make them tools of the Republican party. It means they have a different spin on things compared to the left wing media. I mean, because NPR has a left leaning, does that mean they are just a speaking podium for the democrats? Nope.

What do you mean Fox News is not influenced by Republican Party?

Rupert Murdoch, australian media magnat, founded cabel station Fox News and for the Big Boss put ex-Richard Nixon, Ronald Reagan and Bush Senior consultant - Roger Ailes, a Fanatical Hardcore Republican. Ailes saw revenge to democrats in Fox News, and in 1988 he was the main man in shooting down the election of democratic candidate Michael Dukakis. Ailes wanted a clean TV - a TV without any liberal and independant journalists, who vote democrats! Yep, Fox became Mein Kampf of Roger Ailes.

As to me refusing to look into those other media outlets, I do. I prefer to get a balance of bias so I can draw my own conclusions rather than letting a talented writer decide my opinion for me. I consistantly read Al'Jazeera and yes, they are anti-American. Have you gotten an arabic translator to translate their arabic version of their site? A lot different than the english version.

Good for you! Get as many views as possible, and then form create your opinion.

And Al-Jazeera is so anti-american, as Fox News is anti-islamic.

But funny thing is, that most of the news I find on this network, are very similar to news reported by any other international news media; compared to Fox, where news are original.

posted on Mar, 25 2005 @ 03:32 PM
link   
This would carry a lot more weight if not posted by someone who Quotes Al-Jazeera

Is that source MORE fair and balanced?

I kinda like MSNBC for home news because they tend to show both sides of the issues. Chris Matthews, Joe Scarbrough, Ron Reagon, etc.

I do like Fox for laughs though they are almost as funny as AJ

[edit on 25-3-2005 by Amuk]

posted on Mar, 25 2005 @ 03:37 PM
link   
I just kinda want to pick appart this factual post and show a few instances of bias for those of you who refuse to see it when it agrees with your viewpoint.

Rupert Murdoch, australian media magnat (This word, magnate (german: magnat) is used much the same way the phrase, "oil baron" would be. It is a loaded word. Unbiased version could be, "Rupert Murdoch, a very influential australian media giant,"), founded cabel station Fox News and for the Big Boss (Big Boss? Who's this, and why is it assumed that readers of the article would know who the proper noun Big Boss is?) put ex-Richard Nixon, Ronald Reagan and Bush Senior consultant - Roger Ailes, a Fanatical Hardcore Republican (Do I really need to say anything about this assessment of Roger Ailes?). Ailes saw revenge to democrats in Fox News(according to the author, who has a window into Ailes's mind and factually relayed this information (s)he aquired via ESP), and in 1988 he was the main man in shooting down the election of democratic candidate Michael Dukakis (Bush Sr. had nothing to do with this, of course. After all, everyone would vote democrat and liberally were it not for spin
)
. Ailes wanted a clean TV - a TV without any liberal and independant journalists (I'm guessing Ailes made a comment at some point in time about wanting "clean" TV. You know, where you can feel assured your 6 year old can watch the superbowl and not have to look at Janet Jackson's tit. Our dear, unbiased writer has explained for us, however, that he ment clean as in no one who disagrees with him. Again, curtosey of that ESP he has), who vote democrats! Yep, Fox became Mein Kampf of Roger Ailes. (Yet another comparison of conservatives to Hitler. VEEEEERY unbiased, and it would lead any thinking individual to take this writer's statements as gospel truth. They really don't seem to be serving an agenda at all, but rather writing the facts only and allowing us to come to our own conclusions. )

Enjoy

posted on Mar, 25 2005 @ 03:47 PM
link   
Come on now JJ you got to admit Fox is off the charts......LOL

I guess its just the hillbilly in me but us mountian clans were bred with an innate distrust of EVERYONE. Bush might as well have a talk show on Fox. CNN is almost as bad.

I personally dont even believe most of what I hear on MSNBC but they at least tend to show both sides.

As for news in other countries? Why would they be any more truthful? Most News today is an arm of the Government worldwide and ALL governments lie.

When you claim YOURS is the only truth you put yourself on the same level as those on the other side that claim the same.

posted on Mar, 25 2005 @ 03:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Amuk

And have, time and time again. Somehow people just seem to skim that part, forget it, and accuse me of hypocracy when I point it out in other media outlets. Odd...

posted on Mar, 25 2005 @ 03:53 PM
link   
Here's a news source you can trust. They wail on everyone:

www.comedycentral.com...

posted on Mar, 25 2005 @ 03:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by junglejake

And have, time and time again. Somehow people just seem to skim that part, forget it, and accuse me of hypocracy when I point it out in other media outlets. Odd...

Didnt catch it, my bad

You got to admit its fun to hear people say Fox is Biased but AJ is more in step with reality or claim CNN biased but will back Fox without question.

Like we have been talking about "The Great Divide" people are getting played and cant even grasp the idea.

[edit on 25-3-2005 by Amuk]

posted on Mar, 25 2005 @ 03:54 PM
link   

I have more faith in them then most

posted on Mar, 26 2005 @ 10:27 AM
link   

This would carry a lot more weight if not posted by someone who Quotes Al-Jazeera

Is that source MORE fair and balanced?

OK, I understand your point.

By quoting Al-Jazeera, an eastern network station, I am quickly labeled as anti-american, right?

So that labels this entire post with an anti-american agenda, right?

But what troubles me, is that alot of people here, have CONFIRMED the "truth and lies" about Fox News. They have confirmed that they are not really "Fair and Balanced", well even You say that Fox is for laughs, not for news agency.

Then ask the people that visit Al-Jazeera, how they feel about their agenda? Do they really print anti-american stories? Do they really publish ONLY pro-islamic, pro-insurgent stories? Because that is what Fox does. They do not report about US Marines being killed, they do not report how Fallujah was levelled with ground. You wont hear any anti-american, anti-war, anti-republican, anti-Bush comment on Fox!

posted on Mar, 26 2005 @ 10:30 AM
link   

www.comedycentral.com...

I Agree!

This is a news source I like 2!

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join