It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Interesting picture from Belgium

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+12 more 
posted on Jun, 15 2021 @ 09:38 PM
link   
President Biden met with King Philippe Monday, and an interesting picture was snapped outside, of the security forces, and posted to Reddit.

One of the weapons appears to be the DroneGun Tactical. It uses an RF interference system to cause the drone to either immediately land, or return to its origin point. It only works against manually controlled drones, but will also immediately interrupt video signals from the drone.

DroneGun Tactical by Droneshield

The other appears to be a Skywall Patrol system. This one fires a net to capture the drone and bring it down. It will either use just a net, or a net and parachute combination to capture the drone for later examination.

Both of these systems are only useful against low end drone threats, such as quadcopters, but it's interesting to see them being used in an active security situation.

posted on Jun, 15 2021 @ 09:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zaphod58
President Biden met with King Philippe Monday, and an interesting picture was snapped outside, of the security forces, and posted to Reddit.

One of the weapons appears to be the DroneGun Tactical. It uses an RF interference system to cause the drone to either immediately land, or return to its origin point. It only works against manually controlled drones, but will also immediately interrupt video signals from the drone.

DroneGun Tactical by Droneshield

The other appears to be a Skywall Patrol system. This one fires a net to capture the drone and bring it down. It will either use just a net, or a net and parachute combination to capture the drone for later examination.

Both of these systems are only useful against low end drone threats, such as quadcopters, but it's interesting to see them being used in an active security situation.

Makes you wonder if they got some specific threat warning.

posted on Jun, 15 2021 @ 09:57 PM
link   
I need one, I have an asshole neighbor who likes to rip around with his annoying RC car while I’m trying to sleep, I’d love to fry his stuff with one of those bad boys.

posted on Jun, 15 2021 @ 10:01 PM
link   
Likely just full precautionary mode.

Can you imagine such a weapon if we ever get to the public flying in drones? People would be dropping like flies

posted on Jun, 15 2021 @ 10:06 PM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

Could make sense to have that handy so you don't have to show your high end gadgets on a lower end threat.

posted on Jun, 15 2021 @ 10:09 PM
link   
"Herf Gun"
Look em up
They used to be something
underground Tech Wizards built.
Tech friend told me about these over
a decade ago.

Looks like they made it to the big leagues.

posted on Jun, 15 2021 @ 10:59 PM
link   
As a firearm enthusiast and amateur smith, what in the world is that thing doing with a traditional trigger? I cant believe that picture is real? LOL tell me its a fake, Andre the giant might of been able to index that thing...nobody else!

posted on Jun, 15 2021 @ 11:03 PM
link   

Looks like the drone has to be slow and close. Still better than blasting a shotgun into the air. S&F🤗

posted on Jun, 15 2021 @ 11:17 PM
link   
a reply to: BlueJacket

Oh it's real.

a reply to: Bigburgh

They're both designed for low end threats. Something like a DJI quadcopter. High end threats have much bigger systems to counter them.

posted on Jun, 15 2021 @ 11:21 PM
link   
amazing, Im floored by the gigantic trigger, even for a one off, it seems a terrible design. Im assuming its all spring and sear and needs the leverage...

posted on Jun, 15 2021 @ 11:26 PM
link   

It uses compressed air to fire the net, so it's probably a pretty significant valve system to fire it as far as it does. This is the Skywall 100, with a 100 meter range. They're also developing the 200 and 300, but those will be crew serviced weapons. Only the 100 can be used by one person.

posted on Jun, 15 2021 @ 11:27 PM
link   

Idk it appears to be air actuated and it has a smart scope that does most of the work for you, I’m sure the pull on that is minimal and with the bells and whistles I doubt trigger control is not as much of a factor as compared to a traditional style powder propelled fire arm. I need one to f*** my neighbors toy so when I get one and do that I’ll let you know what I discover.

posted on Jun, 15 2021 @ 11:30 PM
link   
well, I'll be...guess once I contemplated it a bit. Pretty cumbersome, or is it all fairly light weight, I wonder?

posted on Jun, 15 2021 @ 11:31 PM
link   

That pick looks staged for the camera. What's the guy with the binoculars looking for on that woman's head, Lice?

posted on Jun, 15 2021 @ 11:32 PM
link   

Happiness is a megawatt laser rifle. Pew, pew, pew...

edit on 15/6/2021 by chr0naut because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 15 2021 @ 11:32 PM
link   
a reply to: Brotherman
Yeah, you're right..once I thought about it more...I do have a pesky neighbor out here, likes to fly over our pool when my wife and daughter are out...might keep me outa trouble.
/scratches head

posted on Jun, 15 2021 @ 11:33 PM
link   

I notice right away the Air Canister to the rear. Like a paintball gun on steroids. Long barrel for accuracy. Plus like mentioned it hones in on the target.

Really liking this!

I live within under 5 miles of an airport. "no drone zone" but due to covid lock downs, kids parents have bought many toys that are buzzing around daily. The buzzing is maddening...

I love drones... but now it's getting deafening and annoying.

This is a safe solution.

posted on Jun, 16 2021 @ 12:00 AM
link   

Reminds me of Mercenaries 2 for some reason.

Trailer for Mercenaries 2

posted on Jun, 16 2021 @ 02:15 AM
link   

*laughs in Belgian Rambo*

posted on Jun, 16 2021 @ 02:49 AM
link   

Well drones are a major threat for security. Peope can mount any weopon on a drone.

Heres a kid just messing around and he attached a handgun.

Not big enough how about rocket propelled grenade launcher.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join